Who Are You? Part 1

Who Are You? *"What Are You?" Sequel*

 

JaeJoong stepped out of the airport and breathed in the city’s air.  He was finally back in Seoul, South Korea from America.  It’s been two years already and the business is becoming a success!  He smiled and called for a taxi.  He addressed the driver to the condo that he received from his parents for him to live in while being in Korea.  It was decided that JaeJoong was going to continue the business there.  He stared out the window of the taxi car.

“Ah~, nothing changed at all for these two years,” he said to himself full of amusement.  He smiled.

“You must have been homesick, eh?” the taxi driver asked.  JaeJoong looked at the driver and nodded.

“I was,” he replied with his nod.  ”That attack in Seoul University, after I woke up from my long coma, I left for America to learn about my family’s business.”

“Oh, Kim Corporations?” the man asked.  JaeJoong chuckled in embarrassment since he was pretty well known.

“Yeah.  I’m also on a search for someone, too.”

“Let me guess, you’re first love, huh?”

“Yeah.”  The man chuckled and parked by the curb.

“Well, young man, that’s pretty common.  I wish you good luck, Mr. Kim JaeJoong on your business and your search.”  JaeJoong took his luggage and bowed to the man.

“Kamsahamnida.”

JaeJoong walked inside and smiled.  The place was spacious and extravagant.  JaeJoong walked inside his bedroom and started unpacking.  He smiled while unpacking, starting to remember you.  The way you two spent time together during his time as a spirit.  At first, he remembered nothing.  Just frustrated moments thinking that it did happen; however, he just can’t remember at all.  One day, he felt as if he met you in his dreams.  You two talked a bit and when he woke up, he started to remember you.  He smiled and became determined to find you again.  Plus, he promised to come back to you.

“I’ll find you Kim _______.  I know I will and we’ll be together again.”

After unpacking, he decided to do some shopping for necessities and food.  ‘I think umma said that my car is…’ his eyes widened to see his car already parked in front of his place.  ‘That was quick,’ he said and drove off the store.

“Okay, I’ll need some pork ribs, lettuce, radishes, rice, milk, orange juice, paper towels, toilet paper, etc.,” he said out loud to himself, mentally making his list.  He heard a soft grunt.  He picked his head up and saw a girl reaching for a can of pasta sauce.  He smiled.  ‘She’s pretty cute, I’ll admit,’ he thought and walked towards her.  With ease, he grabbed the can and handed it to her.  ”Here you go.”

“Oh, kamsahamnida,” she said and bowed.  She looked up to give JaeJoong a smile.  JaeJoong smile wider.

“_-_______?  Kim _______?” he asked.  The girl nodded in confusion.

“H-How do you know me?” you asked.  JaeJoong frowned.

“You-You don’t remember me?” he asked sadly.  You shook your head and said sorry.  ”W-Well, would you like to…one day hang out?”

“I-I don’t think so,” you answered.  You looked at his upset expression.  ”But I’ll think about it ummmm…?”

“JaeJoong.  Kim JaeJoong.”  You smiled.

“JaeJoong.”  You smiled and took a piece of paper out of your purse and handed him the paper.  ”Call or text me soon.”

You soon headed the register, leaving JaeJoong standing there by himself.  He smiled and nodded.

______________________________________________________

You lied down on your bed, staring blankly at the plain white ceiling.  ‘He seems so familiar.  He even sounds familiar,’ you thought.

“Kim JaeJoong…” you said to yourself.

”_______~ah!” you heard YeonHee call.  The door opened and you turned to her.

“Hey, unnie,” you greeted with a smile on your face.  YeonHee smiled back.

“So, what’s for dinner?” she asked excitedly.  You laughed and got up.

“I’ll make bulgoggi and kimchi stew,” you replied.

“Awesome!”

It’s been about a year since you and YeonHee decided to live in an apartment together.  Your umma agreed and traveled around much more often.  You couldn’t remember so much about your past, but bits and bits of pieces of your memory came back, but you can tell that something was missing.  While cutting the vegetables, your cell phone rang, indicating a call.  You quickly washed and dried your hands and answered.

“Yobesayo?” you answered.

”_______?” you heard a deep, yet familiar voice respond.

“J-JaeJoong~shi, right?” you said.

“Right.  I-I was wondering…are you free tomorrow?”  You stared at the calendar that hung on the wall by the main phone.  You nodded.

“Yeah, why?”

“Let’s eat out tomorrow for lunch.  Is that cool?”  You smiled at the thought.  ‘It wouldn’t be so bad.  I mean, what if he was one of my friends before.  I might as well take the opportunity.’

“Sure, lunch sounds cool.”

“Awesome.  Let’s meet at Starry Cafe at 1PM,” JaeJoong informed with a big smile on his face.

“Okay, I’ll meet you then.  Bye.”

“Bye.”

You hung up and soon enough, YeonHee jumped right at you.

“Omo!  Kim JaeJoong?” she asked excitedly.  You slowly nodded in confusion.

“Y-Yeah.  Why?” you asked.  ”Are you friends with him?”  JaeJoong quietly gasped and frowned.

“So, you don’t remember him at all?” she asked you.  You shook your head.

“Am I supposed to know him?  Is he really close to me?” you kept questioning.  YeonHee gave a soft smile.

“If he’s confused on why you don’t remember things, tell him what happened to you that happened last year.  Okay?  He deserves to know.”

“O-Okay?”

“I’m sorry!  I’m confusing you, huh?” she asked.  You nodded.

“A little, but don’t worry about it!  Now if you want food, let go of me,” you said with a laugh.  YeonHee laughed along and headed to the couch to watch TV.  You started to cook.  Questions started to come in your head.  “Who is Kim JaeJoong?  How significant is he in my life?  How did I know him?’  You stared down at the necklace that you had around your neck.  ‘Did he give me this necklace?’