It Was Calling Me

The Weak Butterfly's Dream

I felt like it has been forever since I last took a breath of fresh air. I opened my eyes and got surprised to see I was alone. I sat up, still breathing heavily. I was in the back of a car, Jin-hyung's car.

 

"Tae, are you okay? Don't scare me like that ever again!" I heard Jin-hyung's voice in my head again and when I looked to my side I saw him coming towards me.

"Hey Tae! You are awake finally." He said and stood next to me.

"What happened, hyung?"

"You suddenly lost consciousness, but seems like you are okay now." He helped me to get back on the ground and I looked around. We were at a gas station. But only the two of us.

"Where are the others?"

"Oh, they told me to drive them to their houses and Namjoon to work. He overworks himself, but he doesn't listen to me when I tell him to take a break. I'm getting worried about him.." Jin-hyung looked down at his feet.

"Namjoon-hyung?" I could see how he slightly blushed when I mentioned his name. I smirked, knowing what was about to happen. "Do you possibly like Namjoon?" He looked at me, his cheeks still pinkish.

"N-No! I don't! I'm just really worried.. Yeah that's all!" Liar.

"C'mon hyung, you can't fool me. It's pretty obvious that you like him a lot. Even before I could see how you are all shy and happy when he's around you, or when he touched your hand, or anything like that, even when someone mentioned his name." He looked so surprised. "Just say it."

"Ugh.. Yes, I like him A LOT. But if you dare to tell him, I'll kill you." He said jokingly.

 

"I miss you and our stupid talks.." Jin's voice rang in my head. Why I keep on hearing all these voices? A slight tap on my shoulder brought me back to reality.

 

"Hey Tae, let's go get the boys and get something to eat, shall we? They were all worried about you, they'll be happy to see that you are okay. Even your stupid Namjoon-hyung who is trying to show how "strong" he is by overworking himself, what a ." Jin-hyung's comment made me chuckle. He really liked Namjoon-hyung, but he still called him stuff like ''.

 

We got in the car and drove off. One by one we got everyone and we went to our favorite fast-food restaurant. It was the place where we all met, we had some great memories of that place.

"Me and Jungkook will order the food. What do you guys want to eat? You can get anything today, I'll pay!" Jin-hyung announced and everyone cheered.

"I want cheeseburger, big fries, big cola and a big ice cream!" Jimin said.

"Me too!"

"Same."

"I want that too!"

"Me too, please."

All the members said one by one, except for me.

"Okay, six of the same. What about you, Tae?" He looked at me with a very strange expression, like he was extremely worried and sad. Something about it was making me feel kinda uncomfortable, he was all smiles just few minutes ago.

"I'm just a bit thirsty, hyung. Can you get me a small cola only?" I wasn't feeling good at all. Something was making me feel bad and I didn't know what it was.

"TaeTae-hyung, I know you love this place. And I know exactly what you love to eat. I'll pay for your food and you will eat. Promise me?" Jungkook walked next to me and held up his pinky finger. I made a pinky promise and he smiled. The way he said that nickname and his cute bunny smile were making my heart flutter, I felt like millions of butterflies were flying in my stomach. Jungkook turned to the side and saw Jin already went to get the food so he ran to his side and left me there. It didn't feel nice, but I couldn't do anything about it.

After few minutes they came back with Jungkook heading to me with my food and Jin carrying everything else.

"Thanks a lot for the help, Kook." Jin said sarcastically and all Jungkook did was to stick out his tongue to him.

"Here's your food, TaeTae! Hope you like it! And remember, you promised me to eat it all!" Jungkook put the food in front of me.

 

"Yah, stupid! You said that we would go there all the time! Why did you lie? But it doesn't matter, I forgive you. When you come back, I swear I'll get you your favorite food every single day!" Jungkook's sweet voice rang in my head. But Jungkook next to me wasn't saying anything, he was too busy eating his burger.

What is going on..


---------



 

The rain was pouring down hard making my clothes soaked, but I didn't really mind. The rain was something I loved. And because it didn't rain that often, I cherished the rainy days. On rainy days, I thought of everything properly, I wasn't negative for once, I thought positively, I told myself "Everything will be alright." and sometimes it helped me.

 

I entered the nearby convenience store, still all soaked, and greeted the guy who was working there. I went to get myself something to drink. These days I've been really thirsty. It's not like I didn't drink enough water or anything, I didn't know what it was.

 

"That was a little too much water, don't you think? Haha.. Yes, yes, it's not the time for jokes. But man, I'm supposed to keep everyone happy but I'm failing. Don't do such stupid things again, please Tae.. It's not easy to keep their thoughts away from such things, especially when their happy mood depends on me and you.. I miss you.." Hoseok's voice rang in my mind. You could sense both joking matter and sadness. What is he talking about?

To much water? I'm really thirsty and I drink a lot of water, but it isn't too much. What stupid thing did I do? These days all I did was to go to the abandoned pool and to the fast-food restaurant with them. He misses me? But we saw each other yesterday..

 

I payed for my drink and left the store. Since I was bored because everyone were busy, I decided to visit Hoseok. He wasn't busy today and knowing him pretty well, I knew he would spend his day playing video games or watching movies at his house. I headed to his home, humming the melody of a song.

 

I reached the house and rang on the doorbell. No one opened. I rang again, but again I got no response whatsoever. I put my hand on the doorknob and opened the door slightly.

"Hoseok? Are you here?" I entered quietly and closed the door carefully. He might be sleeping? I wasn't sure. Hoseok never slept at this time of the day, unless he was extremely tired from his university work, and from what I know he is on a break right now so it's not that. "Where are you?"

 

"Did you know Hoseok had insomnia? And by the looks of it, he is getting worse because he spends a lot of time here and doesn't get much sleep. None of us knew until I saw him taking some pills and I made him talk. He burst into tears as he said it was bad and it was hurting him because he couldn't sleep. He didn't want me to tell anyone. But he said that for you he will fight it and that he will get better soon, cause he knew you would support him." Jin said in my mind. He had insomnia?! And he never told anybody?

 

I went to his bedroom and saw him laying on the bed, looking at the TV with empty stare.

"Why are you so gloomy? Is it cuz of the weather or something?" I said in a loud tone, but he didn't even move an inch. "Yah, Hoseok!" I patted his shoulder, still no reaction. This is getting weird. "Why are you not replying? Did I do or say something wrong?"

I stood there for a few minutes, not knowing what to do. He wasn't reacting nor saying a single word. And that worried me to death.

"Fine then. Stay here. I will be in the living room if you need me." I left his room and went straight to the living room. I was so worried about him, I couldn't just leave him all alone.

But I didn't know falling asleep would be a great mistake.