The Sky

The Weak Butterfly's Dream

I laid down on the mattress at the empty pool in the forest. Ah, my legs hurt, walking all the way from the beach to here under the hot sun felt awful.

 

I took a deep breath and looked at the crystal clear blue sky. Something about the sky was making me feel like I didn't belong on the ground, but in the sky instead. It might sound weird, but that was how I felt. I felt like I was here for a little bit before had to go up to the sky and stay there forever.

 

I turned to the side and looked at my phone. 5.30 p.m. Looking at the time was making me feel uneasy. Something about that felt not right. But I had no idea what it was. It was some kind of feeling I've never felt before.

 

I put my phone back in my pocket and closed my eyes. I felt like my whole energy was drained, even though the beach wasn't that far from this place. But just laying there, on this old mattress, at this forgotten by everyone place, felt peaceful. Even though I liked it when it was peaceful and quiet, I missed my friends more than anything at that moment. This place was special for us, we used to spend most of our time here when we weren't at school or college, or work like Namjoon.

 

Just when I felt like I was about to fall asleep, I heard footsteps. The sound of the footsteps was loud, yet faint. It was very familiar, yet unknown. Something inside me was telling me that I can't look who it was, that this was just an illusion, an imagination. When the footsteps got closer to me, I heard voices. Many voices.

"Yo, what are you doing?" Namjoon. It was him, I was sure. I opened my eyes and saw him looking at me with the same small smile he always had. He helped me to get up and I saw the other four.

"Hey Tae!" Jungkook hugged me, followed by the others hugging me as well. The hugs felt unreal, yet loving and warm, like I haven't been hugged for years.

"It's been a while, how have you been doing?" Hoseok said, smiling widely. I opened my mouth to talk, but just when I was about to say something, Jungkook shouted.

"Oh! It's Jin-hyung!!" His statement made me turn around. I looked at my older brother in shock.

"Hyung.." I started sobbing in matter of seconds. He put one of his arms around me and with his other hand he held my head, pulling me in a tight hug, a hug I really needed. As much as I loved my friends, I loved Jin-hyung's hugs the most. He was just four years older than me, yet for me he was the mother and father I never had. He let go of the hug and greeted the others. While everything was going fine, sudden sharp pain hit my head.

 

"Call him now!!" I heard Jin shouting. But when I looked at him, he didn't look like he shouted. He was just looking at me with teary eyes, my friends as well. The fact that just few seconds ago they were all talking to each other happily and now they all looked at me like I was dead and came back to life was creeping me out. I didn't really know what to say, so I just smiled a little.

 

"Everything is okay, guys." I whispered and Jin-hyung hugged me again.

"We were just worried about you. We had no idea where you were and wether you were okay. But let's forget about it, now you are here, it's all that matters." Jin-hyung spoke in with such a soft voice, it was like he knew everything would be alright.

 

I felt my heartbeat racing faster than usual. I felt like there were many people surrounding me, yet my friends and my brother were few meters away from me. I was hearing voices in my head shouting something, I even heard a cry, but I couldn't understand what they were saying nor did I know who was crying. But I felt like those voices were trying to tell me something, like the person was crying because of me, like I myself did something to get these feelings. The sharp pain hit me again and I fell on my knees. Everything turned black.




 


Author's Note :
This is extremely short, I'm so sorry~
I promise the second will be longer.
(I didn't proof-read this, excuse my stupid mistakes p.p)

Anyways, thanks for reading!