renrennn ♔

Dedication

Yoona's Fears
✩✩✩✩✩

 

/3pm the abandon warehouse down at apgujeong. Come alone or get ready to find her corpse here./

/Yah! You son of a ! I swear if you dare to lay a finger on her, I-/

Tut...Tut...Tut...

 

What is happening? 

 

This has to be tracked back to 3 hours ago... 

 

3 HOURS AGO...

 

"Yay! I won this time! I'll see you at the mallll!" 

 

Yoona escaped from the limosine and made a face at her fiancé, feeling so proud of her doings. Jiyong could only shake his head, smiling in defeat. Yes, after two full years of scamming, following, escaping, dating and arguing, the simple and innocent teacher had finally decided to marry the cold and ruthless mafia boss. It was a rarity for something above like that to happen. As you'd known, ever since the moment Jiyong laid his eyes on this gullible teacher, he had never once let her get out of his sight for more an hour. Wherever Yoona goes, there'd be him or someone would be with her if he isn't free. But let's just give it to the mafia boss that like dealing with his clients, he always have a way with Im Yoona too. Jiyong knew that Yoona hates to be followed around but he also knew that all eyes from different traids are on her too ever since he got together with her. Hence, even though she hated it, he still had to have someone to follow around but sometimes, just once in a while, he would pretend to 'lose' to her, letting her have a chance to catch a breather. This, is Kwon Jiyong's brilliant move of taming Im Yoona. All these 'successful' escapes kept Yoona happy and satisfied and wouldn't throw a tantrum about being followed. She thought they're just playing a police-and-thief game, with the winning streak 818:530; Jiyong winning so effortlessly.

 

But who would have known that this 5-minute walk would turn into an utter disaster and the biggest slip-off in Kwon Jiyong's life? 

 

Yoona skipped out of Jiyong's sight and he commanded his driver, driving to the mall's carpark. He decided to let her slip by for today since the shopping mall was just around the corner and there were security guards in the mall as well. He thought nothing would have go wrong. What he didn't foresee was that someone actually have the guts to kidnap her away right under his nose, throwing him a smirk as Yoona struggled in his arms. With a blink of an eye, both of them were gone.

 

Even though it's just a glimpse, he knew he didn't spot the wrong person.

 

The person who kidnapped her was Kang Daesung; the underling of his biggest rival, Choi Seunghyun. 

 

ღღღღღ

 

True enough, Jiyong went to the abandoned warehouse all alone to face his rival. What surprised him was that there was only Kang Daesung there, with Yoona tied in a chair, a towel stuffed into . 

 

"I was expecting the whole gang to be here you know," Jiyong smirked, walking towards him, shaking his head.

 

"Yah! D-Don't take any other further step or this gun of mine would not hesitate to kill!" Kang Daesung put on a scary demeanour, pointing the gun at Yoona's temple.

 

"You can try shooting," Jiyong's heart wringed as he saw Yoona shivering in fear, tears streaming down her cheeks silently. But he knew he had to stay calm and undisturbed. "I'll make sure you'll die a thousand, million times worse than her." 

 

He continued his pace evenly towards the pair. 

 

"Not bad huh. Looks like GD is really someone not to be easily scared off," Kang Daesung smirked, pointing to the gun in the air instead. "This is the greeting from my boss. He said hi and wishes you a happy marriage. He said he would try to make it for your ceremony even if he did not receive any invitation."

 

BANG! 

 

After finishing his sentence, Kang Daesung fired a shot into the air and Jiyong ran towards Yoona immediately, knocked her down onto the floor, and covered her ears with his hands, protecting her. Yoona was startled by the loud bang and kept her eyes shut in fear and only relaxed a little when she sensed the familar embrace and warmth around her. 

 

"It's unwise to leave your weak point unguarded, GD-sshi. Very unwise..." Daesung gave a sinister smile as he had already walked towards the entrance. "We'll see each other again very soon, beautiful Yoona-sshi. Or should I say... Mrs Kwon?" 

 

Yoona saw the guy's smile and her blood ran cold instantly as she tightened her grip on Jiyong's arm. 

 

ღღღღღ

 

"Yoona..." Jiyong tried to walk towards her, wanting to give her a pat on the shoulder or even pull her into his arms to comfort her with his apologies. "I-"

 

"Don't," but she shunned away, bringing her knees close to chest as she buried her face in them. "Ju-Just leave me alone..." 

 

Jiyong's hand fell to his side and he gave a sigh, taking a sit at the couch far away from her, eyes full of remorse and worry. He thought she was fine because she was clinging to him like her whole life depended on him after the whole-kidnapping-incident but the moment they reached home, she sprang away from him like he was a pest and headed straight for the bathroom. She stayed there for more than an hour and just when he was about to barge into the room, thinking that she'd fainted, she came out, expressionless.

 

And then the situation above replayed. He tried to speak up, wanting her to talk to him but all her responses were less than 5 words. She'd never been that depressed before. Sure, there were times when she's mad at him, she's sad. But her acting like this... It's the first. And Jiyong didn't know what to do at all.

 

For the first time ever, the mafia boss was at his wits end. 

 

Two sides of him were battling against each other; he knew she was terrified, petrified instead and he probably should not have dragged her into this whole mess but another part of him was selfish. He knew he couldn't afford to lose her. She's equivalent to his life and if she's out of his life, he didn't know what else he would be capable of.

 

ღღღღღ

 

The whole cold treatment thing carried on for around a week and it was driving Jiyong nuts. He didn't dare to approach her either, fearing that he would scare or hurt her even more but this silence was too defeaning to be ignored. But one day, when he came home, thinking that it would be yet another silent night, Yoona stood in front of the doorstep, with a large suitcase.

 

"You-" 

 

"I'm sorry. I can't do this anymore..." Yoona's eyes were welled up in tears as she bit her lips. "I think let's just call off our ma-"

 

"No, please Yoona. No..." Jiyong cut off her sentence and held her hands up tightly. "Don't do this to me..." 

 

"I'm a coward. I guess we're just not suitable after all..." She gave a weak smile and pried her hands away. "I don't want to live in fear each day..." 

 

"Where are you going?" 

 

"I don't know. Back to my old house maybe? Let's just give each other a breather first..."

 

"Stay," Jiyong knew that her former house was bound to have Choi Seunghyun's underlings eyeing on it and he didn't want to hurt her any further. 

 

"Jiyong, don't make this difficult for both of u-"

 

"I'll leave," he spoke up. "I-I'll go stay in the office. You just don't wanna see me right? I'll make sure you can't see me. Just... Just stay here first. It's not safe out there." 

 

Yoona kept silent and didn't know what to do. It wasn't that she didn't love him. Of course she does! But yes, she admit that she's a coward. She didn't know that she's THAT afraid of death after that incident. And being with Jiyong... Well, it'll just amplify it further. This was Jiyong's house and it didn't seem right for him to sleep in the office couch while she's sleeping comfortably at the owner's house but if she's to return and meet those bad guys again...

 

"I'll treat that as a yes," Jiyong broke her train of thought, leaning in to give her a light kiss on the forehead. 

 

"But our wedding..."

 

"Just give me a few days," he looked at her and smiled bitterly. "Give me a few days to accept and recover and I'll settle it..." 

 

"A-Alrights..."

 

She didn't know what the hell she was doing. 

 

ღღღღღ

 

"Eh? Why are you back again? Afraid that I'll screw things up?" Youngbae looked up and saw his good friend walking into the office. 

 

"I'm going to be sleeping here for the next few days. Or maybe forever," Jiyong put on a straight face as he stared outside of the window, looking at the skycrapers beneath.

 

"Yoona is still angry?" 

 

"She's not angry. She's scared..." Jiyong turned and looked at his pal, eyes leaked with sadness. "She's calling off the marriage."

 

"What?!" Youngbae stared at him incredulously. "It's that bad?"

 

"Imagine Yuri getting kidnapped by Kang Daesung and firing a shot right in front of her eyes and then leaving her with a smirk, saying that he'll be back." 

 

"My girl has got a strong heart," Youngbae chuckled and raised his arms up in mock defeat after receiving his death glare. "No offence." 

 

"Tell me what am I supposed to do..." Jiyong sighed and ruffled his hair in frustration. "She's scared of me, Bae!" 

 

"You've two options. Let her go or pr-"

 

"You know I can't let her go!" Jiyong exclaimed before he could even finish his sentence. "You know it's very hard for us to find someone we truly love with our profession!" 

 

"Wow, at least let me finish my sentence," Youngbae shook his head and gave a smile, patting his friend's shoulder. "Then protect her. Make her believe in you. Take away her fear."

 

Jiyong responded with raised brows.

 

"That's why I told it's never wise to keep her in the dark about your everything," Youngbae replied. "She's better prepared if she'd known all of your stuffs. I bet that she doesn't even ing know that you're known as the formidable GD beside your real name Kwon Jiyong!" 

 

"Like what you've said, she doesn't have a strong heart like Yuri. I might actually ruin everything after telling her."

 

"I don't think so," Youngbae rebutted. "Since you're already at dead end, why not let's just give it a try? Yuri and I will help you." 

 

"Will it really work?" Jiyong looked at him hopefully. 

 

"Never try, never know."

 

ღღღღღ

 

"Are you sure you're not just having some cold feet due to wedding?" Yuri eyed at her friend, raising her brows.

 

"Yah Kwon Yuri! Your good friend here nearly got shot! You're that close to not being able to see me here you know!" Yoona shouted exaggeratingly. 

 

"Geez. I can hear you clearly, you don't have to shout," Yuri covered her ears and grumbled. "Judging from what you'd described, it doesn't seem like that Kang Daesung has any intention on killing you." 

 

"Kang Daesung doesn't have the guts to kill people. He only scares them," Youngbae added, shrugging his shoulders. "And the more you panic, the more likely he'll scare you further."

 

"But that didn't change the fact that Jiyong asked him to go ahead and shoot," Yoona rolled her eyes. "Can you imagine if he really shoots?!" 

 

"I'm pretty sure at that point of time, Jiyong's heart is hurting more than you," Youngbae explained. "But he has to stay calm because you're scared. Can you imagine if he showed that he's scared too and begged Kang Daesung to let you go? You think that bastard would really do that?"

 

"Uhmmm... No..." Yoona pursed her lips and sighed. "But still... I don't know... I asked you guys out just to tell you that I'm calling off the marriage. It's not for you guys to brainwash me! You guys are my friends!"

 

"And we're Jiyong's friends too," Youngbae chuckled. "He's my best friend even."

 

"Yah Kwon Yuri!" 

 

"Sorry Yoong. I'm Im Yoona's best friend but remember my name now? It's Dong Kwon Yuri..." Yuri stuck out her tongue cheekily before giving her friend a smile. "You're just overreacting Yoong."

 

"Since you now know that Kwon Jiyong has another identity, I think you should give a thought about how you want to carry on. If you don't like him, then I would rather you leave now," Youngbae said critically. "I would rather him breaking into pieces now than him holding on to a false hope."

 

"Of course I knew about his profession... I'm not dumb..." Yoona sighed, muttering under her breath. "But when truth appears, it still scares me... I don't know what would happen to me you know..." 

 

"Now you understand why he'd always want someone to follow you around? He's always protecting you and safeguarding you," Youngbae continued. "Look, I hate to say this but you should know that even those times when you managed to escape from those guards was because he allowed. He cares about what you think and doesn't want you to feel sad because of being followed around. And just for your information, ever since you guys got together, he'd been trying to bleach the business, wanting to do some proper business as well. Everything he does, you're always at the top of his concern. But how about you? You don't even think about him. All you think about is yourself, Im Yoona. About you being scared. But can you imagine how bad he's feeling by putting you at risk?" 

 

"I..." Yoona was lost for words at the reprimands.

 

"I can bet with you on my life that there'll be no other guys out there that will love you like Kwon Jiyong does. You can go ahead and search by all means. That's all I've to say. I'll leave you girls to talk," Youngbae sighed and got up, planting a kiss on Yuri's cheek, changing his cold expression into a loving one as he looked at his wife. "I'll go get you a glass of milk."

 

Yuri nodded and responded with a smile. Both girls looked at him walked to the counter in silence.

 

"I hope you don't mind. That's Dong Youngbae," Yuri spoke up as she stared at her husband lovingly. "He's all edgy when it comes to his loved ones."

 

"I know..." Yoona sighed and turned to look at Yuri. "Yul... Am I... Am I really selfish?" 

 

"I wouldn't be as critical as Bae because I once felt the same way as you too," Yuri looked at her and smiled. "In fact, my reaction was worse than you when he first told me about all the things he's doing. Maybe that's why Jiyong didn't want to tell you this. He thought you'd be better off like that, being a simple little fool protected by him."

 

"Uhm?"

 

"I remembered being held captive by one of his enemies too and though I was rescued, trust me. I reacted far worse than you. I vented all my anger and stress on him instead and demanded a breakup, leaving him all alone as I stormed out," Yuri chuckled as she recalled her incident. "I walked on the streets alone and well, just my luck. I bumped into some rapists."

 

"Omo... Then you..."

 

"Of course nothing happen!" She laughed. "I thought I was a goner for sure too. I know Dong Youngbae. I'd scolded him so badly just now and had made the situation unturnable so I guess even if I cry for help, cry for him now, he wouldn't care about me at all."

 

"Let me guess. Youngbae appeared like a knight in shining armour, rescuing you?" 

 

"Yeahs, turns out he's worried about me and had been tailing me from behind but keeping a safe distance away," Yuri nodded and chuckled. "And to make it more dramatic, the had a knife and stabbed him at the liver before running away." 

 

"Wow..." Yoona could only awe in amazement. 

 

"I know," Yuri smiled as she turned back to looking at her husband chatting with the cashier. "You know, even after he's being stabbed, all he cared about was me. He's pallid from all the blood lost but all he asked was whether I am fine. That was when I realise, Dong Youngbae is the man. He's the man that is willing to die for me." 

 

"Is that why you give up teaching?" 

 

"Teaching is something I love but Dong Youngbae is someone I love and hold dearly to," Yuri asked. "You remember our colleague Lee Seunghyun?"

 

"Uh huh. He vanished into thin air just a few months," Yoona pursed her lips.

 

"He didn't exactly vanished," Yuri explained. "He just got married. He went to chase his girlfriend who lives in Iceland. They're living in iceland now. He even invited me to go over someday."

 

"Wow... SERIOUS?!" Yoona was taken aback. "Iceland is the COLDEST place on earth! I remember him being afraid of cold! He couldn't even sit still in a 23degree celcius aircon room!"

 

"That's love, Yoong," Yuri patted her friend's hand. "Love gives you courage. When you love someone, no matter what things you're afraid of, you'll overcome them. I wouldn't be telling you that love overcomes everything but at least it gives you courage, it overcomes fear." 

 

"R-Really?" Yoona looked into her good friend's eyes. "Do you think Jiyong would really be like Youngbae?" 

 

"He wouldn't even bat an eyelid to die for you," Yuri's eyes welled up. "You'll be blissful Yoong. So long as you dare to. Just like me..."

 

"Yul..." 

 

"Oh, look at me. Being so emotional and all," Yuri sniffed and wiped her tears, giving an embarrassing smile as she leaned forward to give her a hug. "I'm waiting for a playmate for my kid~" 

 

"Omo! You're pregnant?!!" Yoona broke apart and exclaimed gleefully.

 

"Yes!" By then, Youngbae had returned with the glass of milk and kissed his wife's temple proudly, wrapping his arms around her shoulders, beaming. "I'm going to be a daddy soon!" 

 

"Congrats you two!" Yoona smiled broadly. "I'm going to be the godmother alrights!" 

 

"Of course you'll be. But for now, stop being a runaway fianceé and be brave for once!" 

 

Yoona fell silence at Yuri's comment. She bit her lips and thought hard about everything they had told her. Jiyong loves her deeply and yeahs, he wouldn't hesitate to protect and give up his life for her. How about her? Would she be willing too? 

 

"You guys are right," Yoona finally stood up and grabbed her bag. "I'll be brave. I should go ahead and say that I'm sorry."

 

"He's in the office. Waiting and forever be waiting for you," Youngbae smiled. "Good luck Yoona." 

 

She ran out of the café, leaving the lovebirds alone. 

 

Er... But Im Yoona is just a er for luck. 

 

After she ran out of the café, wanting to go look for her love, she bumped into a guy. She fell but the guy helped her up.

 

"Thank you-" She dusted herself and looked up, trailing off when she saw a face smirking at her.

 

Kang Daesung...

 

"I told you we'll meet each other again soon, Yoona-sshi..."

 

She wanted to scream for help but felt a sting at the back of her neck and fainted. 

 

ღღღღღ

 

 

"Omo... Kwon Jiyong you idiot... You better not come... You'll die.. You-"

 

Yoona woke up to find herself tied up in a warehouse again but this time, instead of Kang Daesung alone, there was a huge gang of people together with him. She knew they must have called Jiyong but wished that he wouldn't be coming. He's bound to die in such a state. She had seen action dramas and usually at this kind of scenes, the male lead is bound to die... 

 

"Kwon Jiyong you idiot! Why did you co-" Yoona shouted as she saw the familiar figure but was cut off, being stuffed by a cloth again. 

 

Jiyong had once again come alone and he kept that cool and composed expression again as he walked towards them, his eyes never once left her. She stared at him, eyes full of tears, shaking her head, wanting to ask him to ignore her and just leave. But all he did was to give her a smile.

 

The smile that's only meant for her and no one else. 

 

"This is exactly what Choi Seunghyun would do," Jiyong kept that smile and turned into a cold smirk as he came face to face with Kang Daesung. "Taking a poor lady as a hostage." 

 

"As long as the motive is reached, why not?" Kang Daesung smirked. "Brothers, do your job!" 

 

At the command of Kang Daesung, the gang started to surround Jiyong, each armed with a baseball bat or a knife, smirking at him. Jiyong continued to keep his demeanour, cracking his knuckles and neck to be in for a big fight. Yoona could only struggle and stare at him worriedly, rooting for him at the bottom of her heart. 

 

"Let's see how long the almighty GD can keep up!" Kang Daesung shouted as the fight began, with Jiyong going against ten over people all launching their attacks at him. 

 

Yoona looked at him being beaten up, tears streaming down her cheeks, her wrists going red and sore with all the strugglings. Jiyong continued to fight on fiercely and whenever their eyes met briefly, he would never fail to give her a smile, the smile that seemed as though telling her that everything would be fine. She would be fine. 

 

"He wouldn't even bat an eyelid to die for you,"

 

Yoona couldn't bear to see him being beaten up so badly and helplessly that she wanted to try knocking Kang Daesung with her might but was subdued so easily. Just as she was about to look away, feeling too pained to look at him, Jiyong made a surprise attack. He jumped out of the crowd and headed straight for Kang Daesung, knocking him on the floor and pulling his gun out, aiming for his head. 

 

The whole warehouse became an eerie silence as he pinned him down. 

 

"You guys dare to move an inch and his skull would be busted!" Jiyong's husky voice rang loud and clear, resonating the warehouse. "Let her go!" 

 

He pressed the gun on Kang Daesung's head.

 

"L-Let her go let her go!" Daesung cried timidly. "Faster untie her!" 

 

The subordinates did as they were told and soon enough, Yoona was freed. Jiyong turned behind and gave her a smile before turning back to Kang Daesung, his expression a stoic, icy one. 

 

"Tell Choi Seunghyun this," he spat, pressing the gun on his head again. "If he dares to lay a finger on her again, I'll not hesitate to send him to hell. Did you hear me?!"

 

Daesung nodded immediately, crying. 

 

"SCRAM!" 

 

He shouted and released him and Kang Daesung was helped up by his subordinate as they scrumbled off. 

 

"T-T-This will not be the las-last time G-GD!" Kang Daesung's voice only rang when they had ran away to a distance. 

 

ღღღღღ

 

"Y-You idiot..." 

 

Yoona stood a few feet away from him, tears still streaming down as she scolded. Jiyong stood up forcefully with a smile, walking towards her. 

 

"A-Are you alrights?" Even a few steps was hard as his vision blurred. 

 

"You idiot! Do you know how dangerous it was for you to fight them all alone?! Why did you come without any backup?!" Yoona continued to scream. 

 

"A-Are you alrights? D-Did I scare you?" Jiyong shook his head, focusing on the image in front of him. 

 

"JIYONG!" 

 

He didn't manage to reach her in the end, collasping right in front of her, falling into her arms. 

 

"A-Ahhh... This is embarrassing..." Still, he kept a smile on for her. "A-Are you hurt?"

 

"Idiot..." Yoona cried as she held him in her arms. "W-Why do you still care about me even at this point of time..." 

 

"Hey.. D-Don't cry..." Jiyong reached for her face and gave a smile. "Remember what I always s-say? You don't need to know any-anything except for the fact that your pre-presence alone have the abi-ablity to affect my each and every mood. And I..."

 

"JIYONG! YAH KWON JIYONG! YOU CAN'T LEAVE ME YOU HEAR ME?!!" 

 

He didn't manage to finish his sentence either. 

 

ღღღღღ

1 WEEK LATER...

 

"HAHAHA!"

 

"Yah! You should be lucky that you're even alive!" 

 

Laughters rang in the ward. 

 

Thankfully, it was just a scare. Jiyong fainted due to a lost of blood and was rushed into the hospital. It was critical but like a fighter he was, he pulled through it successfully. But of course, he still needed time to recuperate and that explained the noises coming from his ward.

 

"I should have captured it down. Yoong, your expression when you rushed him into the emergency room..." Yuri tried to contain her laughter but failed. "PUHAHAHAH! IT'S CLASSIC I SWEAR!" 

 

"Y-Yah! Kwon Yuri! What happen to your prenatal education?!" Yoona shouted in embarrassment.

 

"Hey hey, stop making fun of my wife you guys," Jiyong chuckled and held Yoona's hand tightly. 

 

"Yah, who-who said that I'm your w-wife?" Yoona's face turned red in embarrassment as she gave a light hit on his chest. 

 

"OUCH!"

 

"Omo! I hurt you?! S-Sorry!" 

 

"Just joking," Jiyong gave a cheeky smile, intertwining his fingers with hers. "Of course you're my wife! You'd already lost so much tears to me. Not to mention your virg-"

 

"YAH KWON JIYONG!" 

 

"Araso araso!" Jiyong laughed. "I mean you lost your job because of me already. I should hold some responsibility."

 

"Yeah yeah. I'm jobless now. I'll just lie at home whole day and wait for you to feed me," Yoona sighed and feigned sadness. 

 

"I bet you're gloating in your heart now because you don't have to wake up so early every day and get angry with those little brats," Jiyong sniggered.

 

"You idiot!" Yoona gave a harder punch on his chest.

 

"OUCH!"

 

"Not gonna fall for that again Mr GDDDDD!" Yoona stuck her tongue out but when she heard no response from Jiyong, she started panicking again. "Omo! Was I too rough? I'm sorry! I-mphmmmmm..."

 

Jiyong looked up and crushed his lips into hers, silencing her babblings. 

 

"Oh gosh you two! Get a room!" 

 

"Yah Im Yoona! My prenatal education!" 

 

Yes, though Im Yoona might still be scared and live in fear once in a while,

 

There wasn't a doubt in her that Kwon Jiyong would protect her. 

 

Kwon Jiyong would even die for her. 

 

And that's all she needed to know and believe in. 

 


Waaaaa! THIS TURNS OUT LONGER THAN I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE LOL! Okays! For those that're interested, it actually links with a oneshot in my 'SoshiBang oneshot shop', so if you're curious with the previous one, you can click here to read/re-read it. Was I too long-winded? LOL. I just write and write and it turned out to be 4.5k words HAHA OOPSSSS! I wanted to just give it an ambiguous ending, like you know, end with Jiyong fainting but I think most likely you'll kill me so yupps! Added the sweet ending~ (: Hope you like it! 

 

Here's the plot that renrennn had given me! I was given two plots to choose but since the previous one was idol already, I thought I'll just do the non-idol one and I like the previous story too. So yupps! Here it is:


This is the continuation of chapter 204 in soshibang oneshot. I love this chapter so much. hehe It started with Yoona being kidnapped by Jiyong's enemy which end up in Yoona find out about Jiyong's job scope. They threaten Jiyong in exchange for Yoona. Jiyong rescue Yoona from his enemy.After why happened, Yoona started giving Jiyong a cold shoulder & try to avoid him.She loves Jiyong but she's so scared about what happened to herself and don't know wht she supposed to do. Jiyong being depressed with Yoona's treatment and regret for what happened to Yoona but he can't let her go. Youngbae , Yuri and others try to persuade yoona , give her some courage for the sake of her love. And told her to be brave coz Jiyong will protect her even he has to sacrifice his own life. The make yoona come to her sense and go to Jiyong and said sorry to him for her cowardness.