...like

Tag! You're it.(love you like i'm gonna lose you)

It's a rare beauty witnessing your best friends mocking the daylights out of you.You'd think they would be empathic to your turmoil, or, pshysical pain as this situation called for.

But, no.

They simply teased and joked about my phoney voice and the slurping sounds I made whenever i tried havin a decent lunch.Scuse me,for having a broken nose and currently unable to feed properly;i had been reduced to pretty much baby-food for the last week or so.

Safe to say,one foul mouthed nurse was having her sweet time teasing the heck out of me.Granted, I had only her to thank for tips in feeding less painful,but that didn't mean she had to mock me all the time!

" How are you still practicing? You're so...."

" Verbally gifted? Thanks, cutie pie." nurse Yang winked,pinching slightly on my cheek.

"Aww!"

"Oh, shush.You can take on much more than this." she smiled,removing the small cast and gently sweeping around the slightly swollen area of my nose."Ok,this looks good.Another couple of days and you'll be sniffing happily."

"I should've asked someone else for asistance."I complained.

"Sunggyu ssi, we're the best frienemies anyone could ask for.Why don't you admit it?"she said,discarding the pair of gloves.

"Yeah, I guess I could've done worse.That crazy person might've replaced you.Can you imagine?" I stood up,accepting the paper napkin.

"Don't be so quick to judge."she turned solemn."Have you heard from Haru, by the way?"

"We don't exactly share common interests. We just happen to...I don't have a proper name for it,I'm afraid.But, we had the misfortune of stumbling into each other.Repeatedly." I underlined.

"That's funny.You don't strike me as a guy who'd accept facts without complaint."

"Really?What gave me away?!" I huffed, all aware of her teasing.

"On a serious note, though it might not look like it,you made a difference.Haru hasn't stepped foot in here for over 8 months. Having her storm in here,worring over you kinda makes me wonder what happened between you two."

" She showed me a good time."I said matter of factly,shrugging my shoulders.

Nurse Yang had beautiful brown eyes, I realised with the sudden gawking she did at my answering.The blushing of her cheeks was peculiar,to say the least.What  had her acting so flustered?

Saved by the bell,or Dongwoo's cheerful blabbering, I found myself asking about it.

"Hey, what's wrong with you two?Did you say something stupid again?"Dongwoo looked with concern."Don't mind him much;he's usually very outspoken and too blunt in..."

"Yah,is that any way of acting as a friend?!"I sulked."Why do you always assume the worse about me?I have your back whenever you say or do crazy stuff."

"Because I've already warned you you couldn't fight my charms."Dongwoo laughed."So, what happened?"

"I only told her there is nothing special between me and Haru and that we simply had a good time."

"Is this true?You're in it, too?"she finally aknowledged Dongwoo.

​"Mmm, pretty much.Cost me a small fortune,though.I have yet to see the solid proof of their one night..."

"Woah, hold it! Just what exactly happened ?!"nurse Yang high pitched,grabbing me forcefully by the arm.

"That's what I'm wondering.They've been very evasive."Dongwoo preyed on me.

I backed away from both of them,almost afraid,when Haru poked her head inside,all innocent,

"Is this a bad time?"

"Yah, yah! Come here."I rushed to her side."They're at my throat,because of our night out.What did you tell?"

" Yang Haru, you've got some explaining to do ,missy!" nurse Yang pinched her ear, making her squeal.

"Aish, unni.Come on, why do  you always jump to conclusions?"Haru fought the rough treatment.

"Oh, I don't know?Maybe 'cause you've always tomboyed into the most ludicrous situations?!"

​"Yang,unni? Wait, are you two related?"Dongwoo interrupted the heated exchange. 

"Nice one, Sherlock."I patted his head."Should've known something was fishy."I snored,with the risk of feeling pain.

I already had them as a huge pain in the ,what was one more?!

"Hey, stop changing topics.You still have an explanation..."

"Wow, that's awesome!"Dongwoo clapped with giddiness."Did you hear that, Gyu?What were the odds?"

"Almost as thin as this lost cause having a good time."Haru snickered at me.

"Oh, that's precious.Any other cards of mine laying around your pokets?Wasn't Dongwoo's paycheck enough?"I loomed over her.

"You...took money for your services?"nurse Yang inhaled,slapping her into silence."How lower can you get?"she sniffed .

We all fell silent, actually.I , for one was loss for words.She didn't need to get that fired up.It was just words...

"Hey, hold on,I think you've misinterpreted his words."Dongwoo came between the sisters.

"I heard him clearly.And you're also part of this."she accused Dongwoo.

I wanted to stay and clear things, but felt somehow indebted to follow Haru's crying figure.

I had to fight some people before I could reach her,but sure was glad to make her stop.

Much to my own dismay,I found it hard to let go of her hand,keeping her in place.Gasping hard,I tugged on the trembling fingers until she faced me,tears already dry on flushed cheeks.

"I...."

"Why can't you be yourself?" she cut me.

"Excuse me?"I frowned.

"Keep acting the self-centered you that we know."

"You don' t know a thing about me."I squeezed hard."And stop pretending you have everybody figured out."

"We're not friends.You don't 'have to 'be here for me',Sunggyu ssi."she mocked me,releasing herself from my grip.

"Maybe not.Doesn't it go both ways?Why are you constantly ckecking up on me?"I reciprocated.

"Good point.Old habbits die hard, I guess."Haru turned her face sideways.

"That's not my problem."

"True."she faked a smile."I actually came in looking for my sister.Sorry to have imposed."

"Well, your ugly mug face actually got me out ....ok, not out,but changed someone's train of thoughts."

"Guess it wasn't that good of a change."she scrunched her nose,giggling.

"How can you smile about it?" I searched her face that still sported a red patch on her left cheek.

"Oh, this is nothing."Haru brushed the subject."Unni is very conservative and I can only imagine the shock she got when hearing your explanation.Did you see her nose flaring?"she laughed, making me join in without reservation.

She had an addictive laughter;one thing I've picked up from our night together.

"What do you say we go back and clear things up.I wouldn't want you two to have an awkward evening back home."

"No biggie.I can handle it.But I really have to bounce;will you tell her for me?"she aegyoed cutely."I'll be in your debt!"she chimed while turning to leave.

"Like that's an upside !"I complained, but still I couldn't stop smiling.