Shots Fired

If You Even Noticed

Ji Ho's Perspective

After the nurse gave me that note, I went back to the classroom.

Like usual, Anna was listening to music and no one bothered to see who was by the door.

Teacher: So nice of you to finally join us, Ji Ho. Next time you want to skip my class, be sure I don't find out. Luckily Yoo Jin was kind enough to inform us on your activities. 

"What are you even talking about, I just came back from the nurse's office. Here's my note. "

The teacher scoffs.

Teacher: I also heard that you are pretty good at forging signatures and notes. Someone with as much tenacity as you deserves a visit to the Discipline Committee.

Yoo Jin and her crew snicker in the back.

I ball up my fists, fighting my tears back.

Ha Jin, my boyfriend, raises his hand up from his seat.

Ha Jin: Are you even sure the nonsense Yoo Jin spouts out is even true?

I look over to Ha Jin as he gives me the most reassuring look.

Teacher slams her desks a few times. 

Teacher: Don't talk like that about Yoo Jin, you should all look to her for inspiration, she is a model student and has better grades than all of you combined.

Jackson starts laughing loudly, everybody is looking at his with gaping eyes.

Teacher: Jackson, would you like to tell us what is so funny?

Jackson, still giggling, replies.

Jackson: Well, from what I heard, your statement is false.

He points to Anna, who's still on her phone.

Jackson: Technically, Anna isn't the best student but she is the best student. She practically has perfect grades in class.

Everyone looks to Anna.

Yoo Jin speaks up.

Yoo Jin: What's the matter, miss perfect grades in class? Can't prove it?

"Yoo Jin?"

She looks over to me in a snobby way.

Yoo Jin: What?

"Please, Shut Up. Your only embarrasing yourself by speaking."

The classroom was deadly silent, Yoo Jin glared at me.

Yoo Jin: Oh yeah? Why should I shut up? Why are you taking her side, you know what you did to her too.

I bit my lip and saw Ha Jin in the corner of my eye. 

Ha Jin: What did you do?

Yoo Jin turned towards him, opening ever so slightly.

"Yoo Jin, don't you dare or I swear-"

She interrupts me.

Yoo Jin: You'll do what, bully me? 

The kid next to her whispers to the next student.

Kid: Damn, shots fired.

Just as Yoo Jin starts to laugh, Anna gets up and kicks the closest desk next to the teacher, who was practically watching the entire conversation.

Anna: What are you doing?

Anna glares at the teacher as she looks back to Anna.

Teacher: I-

She interrupts the teacher.

Anna: Not doing your job? That's right, so, continue with the lesson. Its bad enough your a crappy teacher. Now, you want to go to the Discipline Committee and prove it to them.

Anna sighed in dissapointment, and this pissedthe teacher off so much.

The teacher shouts at everyone to sit down and she continued the lesson.

Anna, still defiant as usual, went over to the guy that sat next to her.

Anna: Move to her seat, that will be you're seat for the remainder of the year. Got a problem with that? 

He shook his headly, scared pale at her chocolate colored eyes. 

Anna: Ji Ho, sit here from now on. I'd rather not have another waste of life in this class.

As I move, Yoo Jin whispers.

Yoo Jin: She must be talking about herself. 

I glared at her.

Yoo Jin: What do you want, oh and just so you know, we are so not friends anymore.

You know, I've always wondered how it felt to roast her like Anna does, so...

I started to laugh.

"Oh, yeah, why would I want to EVER be friends with you."

Yoo Jin scoffs as I walk away from her, my hair whipped close to her face.

The same kid next to Yoo Jin spoke.

Kid: Whoa, she's declaring war...

I went to the back of the class, next to Anna, who's putting her earphones back on.

As everyone turns back around to the lesson.


JB's Perspective

As everyone was focusing back on the lesson, I couldn't help but look over at those two.

Anna put back on her earphones and acted like they weren't friends but...

In that same split second, Anna stuck her tongue out and winked.

She stuck out her fist to Ji Ho and Ji Ho bumped it.

I continued to watch them for a little while longer and I saw, what might have been the best sign of friendship, even with the guys. 

Anna pulled out one of her earphones,an let out a small smile, handing it to Ji Ho.

She put it in her ear and they both listened to music in class, together.

If they could do that maybe I could. 

I put my earphones on.

Teacher: JB, I highly advise you to listen to music in your own time instead of wasting precious class time.

... Of course...

Mark looks over and sighs.

Jackson: This little shi-

Mark clears his throat looking over at Jackson.