One

ERROR
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Beep! Beep! Beep!

A loud beeping sound was heard across the white room. There is only one person in there, surrounded by five cyborgs and technology stuffs. The person stares at one of the cyborg, the one with the skin somehow darker than the others but has the brightest hair color. Red. The person's past lover favorite color.

"Attempt 254. Failed."

The person sighs. She looks at the clock on her computer monitor. It's almost 3 AM. She has waited the memory to load for almost 12 hours. But, still. It's a big failure. This has been going on for almost a year now. Since her lover, Hongbin, left that message for her, she really determined to bring him back to life, even if it's just his memory.

She takes off her lab coat and prepares herself for some sleep. Eventhough she still cannot sleep soundly since she lost the love of her life. She climbs up to her bed and checked on the message from her tablet. 'One message recieved' is written on the screen. She swips the screen and a hologram pops out from it. It's Professor Hwang.

"Jungah, meet me tomorrow as early as you can at the headquarters. I have something important to tell you."

As the message ended, she put her tablet on her side table and sets the alarm to 9AM.

"I hope it is something really important." she whispered to herself.

 

***

 

The clock strikes at 10 AM right when Jungah reaches in front of a door with 'Professor Hwang Seo Joon - Leader of Software Reaserch and Development' label on it. She knocks on the door and opens it when she heard someone says 'come in' from the inside.

Eventhough people labels Jungah as a young prodigy in scientist, she's not the first one who recieved it. 5 years prior to her is the man who's sitting behind the desk in front of her. Professor Hwang Seo Joon is the youngest scientist who recieved the Professor title. Jungah bows to him before taking a seat and Professor Hwang replies her with a 'good morning'.

"So, what is it that you want to tell me, Professor?"

The man types something to his computer and a series of codes pops out to the hologram screen in front of Jungah. She tries to identify the code but she doesn't really know what it meant.

"I just found out why the memory can't be planted the same way as you planted a cyborg memory." the man said. "Look at this particulare codes I retrieve from Hongbin's memory."

Jungah sees a series of weird syntax she has never seen before. It's almost similar to the other codes but the pattern is different. She looks at her professor, totally confused and has absolutely no idea.

"What do you think the human, like us, have that even not one Cyborg ever has?" the man asked.

She thinks for awhile and suddenly an idea strikes into her head. "Emotions!"

"Ding dong daeng! Turns out, when I retrieve Hongbin's memory, I'm not only saving all of his memory but also his emotions. How he felt about all of those memories he had. I just realized this when I know something was off with the codes retrieved from the memory card

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter