Prologue

ERROR
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Do you promise me, you will never leave me?" a girl with a white lab coat is looking straight to the eyes of the guy who stands in front of her. He's just a few inches taller than her so she can see his bright brown eyes and cute two dimples form on both sides of his cheeks when he smiles.

"I promise."

 

***

"How's the project coming? Any significant progress?"

That questions from the other line makes Jeon Jungah sighs. "I just planted the memories of this young beautiful cyborg labeled XY364 to MI364 Hongbin had designed but the memory still stop uploading when it reached 95%. I think there's something wrong with the connection between the network in MI364 brain. Hongbin is trying to fix it so maybe I will figure out anything else I have to do before trying it again."

"Well that's a great progress. I will visit you some time next week to review your work."

"Sure. Thank you, Professor. I will send you the sample stuffs through the computer."

"Thank you, Jungah. See you."

The line disconnected and Jungah sighs again. She stares at her computer but her mind still blank. She almost got it. She scroll through her codes and try to find something wrong with it. But then, a pair of arms wrapped around her neck. She immediately can smells the familiar and soothing scent that makes her mind goes crazy everytime she smells it. She tilts her head to one of the arms and smiles.

"What is it, Hongbin-ah?"

The owner of that arms and that scent chuckles. "Nothing. I just want you not to work too hard."

"Professor Hwang will visit next week to review my work. It's been almost a year, Hongbin. I still don't get it."

"Don't worry. I believe in you. You can do it, Jungah. I mean, you are the Jeon Jungah."

Now it's the girl turn to chuckle. "Thank you, Lee Hongbin."

 

***

 

"Attempt 187. Inserting the memory from XY364 to IM364."

The computer releases a beep sound as Jungah pressed the 'Enter' button. She and Hongbin are waiting anxiously the increase of precentage through the monitor. Jungah's heart beats faster as it goes near the 95%. Her heart almost jumps when a loud beep was heard through out the room.

 

Memory insert - 100% Complete

 

"Hongbin-ah!" the girl can't keep her emotions and jumps to the guy who is standing beside of her.

"You did it, Jungah! Congratulations!"

 

***

 

"A great damaged has occured to his brain. I'm afraid he can't handle it for to long."

As the doctor finished his sentence, Jungah can feel her world already scattered into pieces. She stares blankly to the guy who lies down on the bed in front of her,looking pale, closing his eyes, and not moving. She can't process everything that happened.

"I'm sorry, Jungah."

The girl doesn't budge from her seat and is still staring at the guy.

She can't belive the guy is Lee Hongbin. Her other-half. The love of her life. After two years in succeding the 'Memory Integration' project, nightmare strikes to her like a lightning bolt. One day, Hongbin is just not waking up from h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter