SSM 4

She's Still Mine

SSM – 4

 

Mina just woke up from a deep sleep. She rubbed her eyes and glanced at her tiny clock on the side table near her bed.

 

Oh it’s 8:30 already? I bet mom and dad are already in the office.

 

She breathes heavily. When will she eat breakfast together with her parents again? She shrugged the blanket off her body and when she was about to get up from her bed, she noticed a letter near her pillow. She took it and read it of course.

 

Mina-ya,

 

Hi. You’ll be alone there for hours but I promise I’ll come back as soon as possible. I just have something to fix, and I want to start fixing it now. I’ve prepared your breakfast in the dining room. Have fun talking to the walls and other appliances. I know it’s your specialty! Take care!

 

-Momo

 

 

Mina almost rolled eyes because of that “Have fun talking to the walls and other appliances. I know it’s your specialty!”

 

But nah. Momo really is just like that. And her teasing doesn’t annoy the younger girl. It actually makes Mina happy. She placed the letter on the side table and decided to take a bath before eating breakfast.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Momo is just staring at the doorbell, hesitating if she would continue doing the thing she planned or just make it tomorrow.

 

But why would she put if off if it could be done this day?

 

So Momo closed her eyes tightly and presses the doorbell’s red button making a cute “dingdong” sound.

 

“Okay, Momo. This is it. All of it was your fault so you must take responsibilities for it.” She talked to herself. She composed herself so her friend won’t notice that she’s dying of nervousness.

 

Several minutes passed and no one’s coming out yet. She pressed the doorbell once again, and again, and again, and she decided to just enter the house.

 

She opened the gate and walked towards the main door right away.

 

Momo breathes heavily once more before grabbing the doorknob and opened the door. Wow it’s not locked. She surprisingly thought. But she became surprised even more when she saw the house’s surroundings.

 

It’s messy.

 

So messy.

 

Fcking messy.

 

Bottle her, bottle there. And even cigarettes are scattered around.

 

Momo then spotted Nayeon sleeping on the sofa. Seems like her parents are still not back here.

 

She went closer to Nayeon and she was taken aback when she smelled Nayeon’s scent. Based on her smell, she’s really drunk.

 

And Momo knows it’s because of Mina. She shook her head and picks the scattered pillows and other things up.

 

“Nayeon-ah, wake up.” Momo puts a hand on Nayeon’s arm before shaking the latter. “Im Nayeon, it’s me, Momo. We have something to talk about.”

 

Nayeon isn’t waking up, making Momo nervous. Momo stared at Nayeon thinking of what would she do. But then, Nayeon started to rub her eyes and Momo just can’t help but hug her friend. Nayeon was shocked. She still doesn’t know that it’s Momo. When Momo finally let go from the hug and Nayeon saw her, the latter’s brows met and she looked away.

 

“What are you doing here?” Nayeon asked. Her voice was calm but you can feel like she doesn’t want Momo there, or maybe it’s just because she’s drunk.

 

“I want to fix things out.” Momo answered directly.

 

“You’re too late.” Nayeon said seriously. “She’s still mine Hirai Momo.”

 

“I know. That’s why I need your help.”

 

Nayeon unconsciously puts her sight back at Momo.

 

“Wow. At this situation, you’re still the one who needs help from me? Hah!” Nayeon rolls her eyes.

 

“Nayeon please. Just.. help me. And I know you’d like this too.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

Momo grinned, “Operation: Bring Mina back to you.”

 

If Momo’s grinning, then Nayeon’s there, showing her ‘what the f?’ look.

 

“Huh?” Nayeon asked again.

 

Momo then rolled her eyes, why is this girl in front of her so slow? “I’ll help you make Mina fall in love with you for the second time.”

 

“She’s still in love with me. I know she just forgot about me in her mind, but not in her heart.” Said Nayeon who’s just looking on the floor.

 

Momo sighed, “If that’s what you believe then alright. But we know she doesn’t remember you.”

 

Nayeon can’t speak. Momo was right. Even though it hurts, she has to accept the truth. Nothing would happen if she’ll just stay in that messy home with beers and cigarettes.

 

 

“So.. are you up in my plan or we’ll just let Mina fall for me?” Momo said as if she’s serious but deep inside, she’s just kidding and she just wants Nayeon to say ‘yes’.

 

The latter raised one of her brows, “excuse me? What did you say?”

 

Momo chuckled, Nayeon got pissed that easily. Hah! She won.

 

“Nothing.” Momo replied to Nayeon before standing up. “I guess you didn’t like my plan.” She shrugged and turned her back from Nayeon.

 

Just when Momo was about to walk, Nayeon heaved a deep sigh.

 

“Momo, stop right there.” Then Momo smirked and immediately did what Nayeon have said.

 

Momo knows Nayeon has some speech to say so she remained quiet.

 

“Fighting for her.. is a choice right? But for me, it’s my responsibility. I’m still her girlfriend. And it’s my responsibility to fight for her no matter what. Isn’t that what true lovers always do? But Momo, please don’t take her situation a chance to steal her from me. I know you like her. I’m aware, Momo. And what you’re going to do, which is helping me to bring Mina back to me, isn’t really easy. But I’m begging you, Momo. Don’t steal her. I love her so much. I don’t know how am I going to live if somebody gets her away from me. Momo please—“

 

Momo was already done with her friend’s speech and decided to just face Nayeon and cut her short, “alright, alright! You don’t have to repeat it again and again okay? Yes I understand. You’re begging me to not steal her from you. I can’t promise..” Nayeon clenched her fist, “but for you, I’ll do my best. So tell me, are you in or not?”

 

Nayeon looked at Momo straight into her eyes.

 

“Of course I’m in.” Momo smirked because of the older girl’s answer.

 

She’s happy Nayeon is not giving Mina up just like that. If ever Mina happened to come back to Nayeon, she wouldn’t regret helping the latter. Because she knows Mina will be really happy with her best buddy. Nayeon is the perfect person for Mina. Even though it hurts, she knows it and she has to admit it.

 

“I’ll fight for her. I’ll fight for us. She’s still mine, Hirai Momo.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

[A/N: sorry for the superduperlateupdate T______T sorry especially to the reader who messaged me T_T I was just too busy this past week because you know, back to school. And I will be really busy until March because of major exams, foundation week of our school and completion for clearance. So please bear with me if I’m updating this so slowly :< btw, thanks for still supporting this. I love you all so much! If you have questions abt the story, feel free to comment it down! And also your thoughts abt this. I would be more motivated if you put your thoughts down the comment box. Kkkk~ thank you!]