SSM 3

She's Still Mine

 

SSM 3

 

Nayeon still couldn’t move.

 

“Who are you?”

“Who are you?”

“Who are you?”

 

Mina’s voice keeps on flashing back in Nayeon’s mind. Her heart is racing like damn, she sweats. What was that question all about?

 

“B-babe—“ Nayeon was cut short by Mina.

 

“Wait, what?” Mina asked again when she heard Nayeon called her ‘babe’ again, “Babe? Excuse me, but do I know you?” she starts to get irritated. She doesn’t usually lose her patience easily. How come this girl in front of her gets into her nerves already?

 

While on Nayeon’s side, she is holding her tears back, preventing them to fall. She wants to just think that that moment was only a dream but no, she can clearly see Mina and hear all of her words.

 

“You’re joking, right?” Nayeon then pulls the younger woman into a tight hug, not waiting for its response. She’s afraid she might receive a who are you or do I know you again from her love.

 

And she did.

 

“Can you please get off me?!” Mina yelled and pushed Nayeon harshly, “WHO. ARE. YOU?!” Mina shoots an angry look at Nayeon.

 

“Babe.. look, I’m sorry if I didn’t come back earlier. I just really have to obey my parents—“ and Nayeon was cut short by Mina, FOR THE SECOND TIME.

 

“why are you explaining? I don’t know you! And can you please stop calling me babe?!”

 

Nayeon could feel her heart crash into pieces. She thought she’d be happy to see Mina again, and she thought Mina would welcome her with open arms but what’s happening here?

 

“Stop joking because I’m totally serious here.” Nayeon bit her lower lip. She doesn’t want her tears to flow. She just thinks that Mina is only joking.

 

Yes. She will just think that Mina is joking.

 

The younger raised one of her brow, “Do I look like I’m joking?”

 

Nayeon clenched her jaw. She wants to longer her patience but what’s happening to Myoui Mina? To her love? To her lover? She can’t move.. or even say a word. She was frozen on her position.

 

Then suddenly, they heard Momo’s voice, “Mina-yaaaa~” she just came out from the kitchen. “here’s your jui—“ she was cut short when she saw Nayeon outside.

 

Momo puts the two bottles of juice on the center table in their living room before reaching the two girls at the door.

 

“N-nayeon—“

 

“WHAT’S HAPPENING HERE, MOMO?!” Nayeon yelled. “WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY GIRLFRIEND?! WHY CAN’T SHE REMEMBER ME?! DID YOU BRAINWASH HER?!” Momo can hear Nayeon’s mad voice clearly.

 

She knows, all of it was her fault.

 

“I’m.. your girlfriend?” Mina questioned Nayeon while pointing at herself.

 

“You are.” Nayeon answered with a weak tone and held Mina’s hand, “Please believe—“

 

“Don’t touch me!” Mina immediately brushed off Nayeon’s hand before rolling her eyes.

 

“Hey, Mina. Stop acting like that.. she’s saying the truth.” Momo said after looking at Mina.

 

“What?! I can’t even remember—“

 

“Mina,” their attentions were caught by Mina’s father who just got home from work together with his wife. They were listening—or eavesdropping since a while ago. “Go to your room, now.” He ordered that made Mina shrug. She did what her father said.

 

The family left Momo and Nayeon alone there.

 

“C-can we talk inside instead here?” Momo stutters.

 

Nayeon stepped inside the house. They sat on the sofa.

 

“She had amnesia.” Momo just started explaining but Nayeon’s tears were flowing like damn already. “She got into accident and she had been in coma for one week.”

 

“Why didn’t you tell me?” nayeon tries not to shout at Momo again. She’s still her bestfriend, and she would listen to Momo’s explanation first before doing impulsive things.

 

“Because I know you’re already busy, I know you think about so much things and I don’t want it to add up. Plus I know you’re going to comeback here, I thought of how about your parents? They told you to train for being a manager of a company for 1 year and I don’t want to mess up with your training.”

 

“Why does she remember you? Why can’t she remember me?”

 

“The doctor said that her state wasn’t that severe and that she could remember all the things that we’ll say in 5 days. He also told us to say all the important details about her.”

 

“And you didn’t say anything about me?” Nayeon slowly faced Momo whose bowing her head because of guilt.

 

Momo nods and Nayeon heaved a deep breathe.

 

“Why?!” Nayeon asked, starting to get irritated again.

 

“I forgot—“

 

“YOU FORGOT OR YOU JUST DON’T WANT HER TO REMEMBER ME?!” The older girl burst out already, “Tell me, Momo.. DO YOU LIKE HER?!”

 

Momo couldn’t answer immediately. And Nayeon believes in the saying ‘Silence means yes’. She grabbed Momo’s collar and was about to punch her when Momo suddenly speaks, “I’m sorry..” and tears fell down from her eyes.

 

 

 

 

“Dad, who is she?” Mina asked her father who took her to her room. She’s referring to Nayeon.

 

“What did she told you?”

 

“She told me that I’m her girlfriend.”

 

“Then you know the answer already.”

 

Mina looked at her father, “Yes, Mina. You two are girlfriends. Before you got into an accident, you two are already together. But her parents told her to train how to manage their company so She went to states and left you for 1 year.”

 

“Dad, I can’t remember anything..”

 

“Look at that necklace, Mina.” Mr. Myoui looked at the necklace on Mina’s neck. Mina held its pendant.

 

“Was this from her?”

 

“Yes. She gave that to you before she went to states.”

 

Mina suddenly remembered the flashback-like scene in her mind last time when she saw the necklace.

 

“So the two girls in those scenes were me and that Nayeon?” she thought.

 

Mr. Myoui noticed her daughter’s sudden silence. “Do you remember everything now?”

 

Mina looked at her father and shook her head, “no, Dad. Sorry.”

 

Her dad smiled and ruffled her hair, “You’ll remember it all soon. Just wait.”

 

“Dad, I don’t want to remember anything.”

 

Mina’s dad was confused, “Why?”

 

“I’m happy with this life already, dad. You, Mom, me and Momo.. I’m already contented with this.”

 

Her dad sighed, “You couldn’t say so, Mina. We all don’t know what will happen in the future.”

 

Mina just nodded and gave her father a forced smile.

 

 

 

 

“Get off her, Nayeon.” Mina’s dad said as he walks down the stairs. He just came from Mina’s room and saw Nayeon grabbing Momo’s collar. “I think it’ll be better if you go home first. Mina is still not ready to talk to you.” He said, still talking to Nayeon.

 

Nayeon immediately let Momo go. “Okay, Mr. Myoui. But I’ll comeback here and talk to her soon.”

 

Mr. Myoui just nodded before Nayeon gets out of the house.

 

“Momo, I know you didn’t tell Mina about Nayeon because you like her.. if you like our daughter.. you better stop your feelings now. You know we wouldn’t let you and Mina together. We treat you as our daughter, Momo. And even though she isn’t your sister for real, she still sees you as her older sister. ONLY a sister. So I hope you’re not hoping for something more.”

 

Momo flashes a sad smile and her tears started to flow. Thinking that she can’t have her love even just for once, she don’t know what to do except from crying. “Don’t worry, uncle. I’m not hoping for more. I’m trying to be contented with what we are right now. And.. thank you for understanding me.”

 

“I understand you, but it doesn’t mean what you did was fine for me. You made a big mistake, Momo. And you have the responsibility to fix it.”

 

“Yes, uncle. I would.”

 

Then Momo bowed, sign that she’s going to her room before getting out of his uncle’s sight.

 

 

 

 

 

 

[a/n: lame. i'm sorry :(]