Final

Sterling Silver

Sterling Silver

263171lxlble1hnk.gif

 

He found his legs taking him again to the opening. Snow was crunching underneath his shoes and walking in high mattress of snow was not the easiest task for the young man. Slowly the trees opened up to white emptiness. He felt a slight pang of disappointment in his chest. There were no footsteps at all after the falling snow had hidden them yesterday.

 

As he was about to leave the area he heard the crunching of the snow. There was a warning about a snowstorm coming and Ravi was wondering that who would be coming this hour to the opening when the storm was about to rise. He still turned back to watch the new comer.

 

The boy who came was riding a beautiful big deer but the true beauty was in the boy itself. Ravi had seen him before too, but perhaps not in the best circumstances. He was about to leave, again, when he accidently stepped on a stick that snapped giving away his presence to the boy.

 

“Who’s there?! Come out!” The boy shouted with slightly deep voice. He was not aware of the grimace on Ravi's face when he stepped out of the shadows of the trees. Ravi had the feeling that he was in trouble. Ravi couldn’t say say anything, he was just staring at the elf boy.

 

And it was common knowledge that elves did neither appreciate nor like the gnomes. And Ravi was a gnome and a handsome one, if he was to say. But the problem was not it, it was the boy, who was an elf. Gnomes had nothing against elves.

 

“Who are you?” The boy asked with a slight sneer.

 

“I -” Ravi was about to introduce himself when he was rudely cut off by the elf “Nevermind. I don’t need to know your name. You are just a lowly gnome.”

 

“Excuse me?!” Ravi was flabbergast. He did not like being interrupted. “Just for your information you are on our areas of the forest. Who do you think you are to speak like that.”

 

“It has nothing to do with you.” The elf said cockily before continuing. “Just get out of my sight, you are an eyesore.” That said he waved his hand in a shooing motion and started to leave with his deer.

 

Ravi was about to say something sassy as a response but the boy was already leaving. He was about to leave himself also. He felt a strong wind sweep past him accompanied with a heavy amount of snow. The gust was almost strong enough to blow him off his feet. The snowstorm. Ravi remembered.

 

A loud yelp and some wails were carried to Ravi’s ears and he remembered that he was not alone. It seemed like a branch had fallen from the tree and scared the deer. Ravi waded through the opening to where the deer was. It was in shock. Shh. Calm down. Ravi was calming it down and noticed that it had hurted its left hind leg.

The elf!  He remembered the boy. He started looking around only to find the boy couple of meters away from the deer. He ran to where the elf was. The elfhadn’t gotten away without some bruises, or at least Ravi thought they were going to bruise. The elf was unconscious.

 

After some time, and just before the storm was about to rise, they arrived to Ravi’s home. Ravi led the deer to his shed. Wait here, I’ll take your owner inside before coming to check on you in a little while?

263171lxlble1hnk.gif

And here we are. Ravi thought while looking at the boy lying on Ravi’s sofa.The elf looked so peaceful and Ravi couldn’t help himself from ogling the pretty boy’s face. He has such a pretty face and nice body structure. Was he always this beautiful? Ravi tried to remember the first time he had seen the boy at the opening. It had happened couple of years ago. Sadly the elf had never seen him. Ravi definitely believed in love at a first sight. That is why he had decided to grow sterling silver roses.

 

Slowly the boy started to wake from his slumber but Ravi was too deep in thoughts to notice. Only when the boy mumbled something that sounded slightly like ‘where’ did Ravi notice that he was perhaps a bit too close to the boy’s face. And this was confirmed by the way the elf screamed when he was finally able to focus on Ravi’s eyes and pushed the poor gnome to the floor.

 

“Ow.” Ravi said while sitting on the floor for a while. He noticed the way the elf was trying to get up quickly. Not only trying, but he was also succeeding at it. He shouldn’t be moving so fast already. The the panic hit Ravi and he decided to stop the boy.

 

“No no no no no. Don’t move!” He was saying, or perhaps shouting, as he tried to go closer to stop the boy from moving.

“Don’t come closer!”
“Stop moving! You really shouldn’t be up and running!”

“No! You stop!”
    THUMP!

 

“Owh..” The boys groaned. Both boys pried their eyes open since they had closed them when colliding with the cold hard floor. Time seemed to stop as they were staring into each other’s eyes. Ravi noted how a cute blush rose to the elf’s cheeks painting them with pastel color. The elf noted how the gnome was handsome and how his eyes were twinkling, before he realised that they were lying on the floor in extremely embarrassing position.

 

“Umm.. Could you like, I don’t know, get off... Maybe?” Elf asked and watched amused how the gnomes eyes widened comically. Ravi all but scrambled off the boy as quickly as possible while murmuring quiet apology.

 

“Do you need help to get up?”

 

“Who are you? What is this place and what do you want?” Asked the elf after he had been helped back to the couch.

 

“Oh. My name is Kim Wonshik, but feel free to call me Ravi. And this place...” Ravi said while motioning around. “Is my home. I don’t want anything from you, I just thought it would be nice of me if I helped you. And I took pity on your deer. Poor fellow. You guys got hit pretty badly.” Ravi explained to the elf. He also explained in a nutshell what had happened.

 

“Oh.” the elf said. Ravi was slightly disappointed that the sandy haired elf said nothing more. The air around them turned back to awkward.

 

“Make yourself at home your highness.”


 

263171lxlble1hnk.gif

 

“Here.” The elf was woken from his thoughts as something suddenly came to his view. He glared upwards to Ravi. Before he could open his mouth the other continued. “You might wanna change out of those. It might get cold during the night and considering that your clothes are still slightly wet from your fall to the snow they won’t keep you warm.”

 

Elf studied the blond for a while. “I umm. I don’t need your clothes.”

 

“I know they probably aren’t as fancy as yours, but I can guarantee that they are warm and comfortable. They are new. Just take them. I will go outside quickly, I’ll get some firewoods to the fireplace. Oh and I’ll also check on the Danley.” The blond  boy threw the clothes next to elf on the sofa. “Bathroom is that way, the shower is also there if you feel the need. There are towels on the brown cabinet.”

 

Ravi explained as Hongbin watched fascinated how relaxed and normally he was acting. He also made a mental note to ask about how he knew the name of his deer. He felt extremely unfair that he hadn’t told his own name for Ravi. And somehow he was anticipating that his name would sound amazing from the gnomes lips. It made him all giddy in a weird way.

He watched as the gnome was about to leave and was already making his way towards the door.

 

“Hongbin.” He mumbled quietly waiting for the reaction, which was not quite what he had expected.

“Huh? I didn’t quite catch that, sorry.”


“I said that my name is Hongbin.” Hongbin said while turning his head to see the other’s reaction. He felt his heart thumping in his chest as the boy’s face lightened up and he smiled widely while saying; “Well, I’ll be back soon then, Hongbin.” before exiting through the door.

 

Hongbin felt himself getting flustered. And he could have sworn that he was having heart attack because it was thumping loudly in his ribcage. It is just because he helped you, it is only the feeling of gratitude! Don’t mistake it for anything else. He thought while quickly getting up and making his way towards the bathroom with the clothes hugged to his chest, while ignoring the hearts small comment. Yeah right.

 

After taking a nice relaxing shower and changing to the outfit given to him, he watched himself for a minute from the foggy mirror. Hongbin was wearing light brown slightly baggy pants and white cotton shirt with three quarter sleeves. On top of it he had a creamy coloured shirt. With a deep v-neck with some embroideries on the edges. How is this going to keep my neck warm? Hongbin thought while putting on the felt boots given to him. Ravi wasn’t lying when he had said that they would be comfortable. The clothes were slightly big for him since he was a bit on the petite side.

 

As Hongbin stepped out of the bathroom he saw that Ravi was already inside and was lighting the fire to the fireplace. The room temperature had already dropped a bit. Hongbin noted how the other was wearing similar clothes but only in blue and his pants were white.

 

“Food is ready any moment now. But feel free to look around for a while.” Wonshik said and rose from the floor where he had been kneeling as the new woods showed signs of burning. He walked back to the little kitchen. Hongbin followed him and watched from the door what the kitchen looked like before wandering around the house.

 

One thing that the elf didn’t quite catch was the fact that the house had windows that had been closed with the window shutters from the outside, but also on the inside were similar kind of shutters, only the doors were bigger. Hongbin found the other's house relaxing, there was no hustle and it was peaceful unlike at his own home in the castle.

 

After a while the food was ready. Ravi had cooked some porridge and fresh breads, which were from his friend. It was awkward. Neither of the boys knew what to say nor did they want to be the one beginning.

 

“Umm. Ravi?” Hongbin began and got a wide smile and a nod that the other had acknowledged him talking. “Do you have beds? And I was also wondering what is the purpose of those shutters?”

 

“Oh those. They are alcoves, but well we gnomes prefer them as nooks. That is where our beds are actually located in. They are kinda like small rooms with beds built-in. Mine is the one which is more decorative and the other one is for quests. My bed is king-sized while the other one is a size of a normal bed.” Ravi explained.

 

“You’ll see soon since it is actually time to go to sleep.” Wonshik said while stretching his hands  above his head. Hongbin got a slight sneak peak of his stomach. “Just leave those there, I’m too tired to actually clean them up now.” Ravi motioned toward the dishes and rose from the chair in front of Hongbin.

He showed Hongbin where he would be sleeping. And soon they both had crawled into their own nooks. Hongbin was tired and the nook was super comfortable soft and had a nice scent of vanilla in it. It didn’t take long until he was deeply asleep.

263171lxlble1hnk.gif

One week rolled quickly. Ravi had seen Hongbin’s marvelous smile that could have lightened up even the darkest places. Oh how he adored the dimples the other boy had. They had gotten much closer for Ravi’s happiness. Although Hongbin still gave some snarky remarks about gnomes every once and awhile.

Christmas was finally here and the boys had wrapped themselves in blankets as they sat in front of the fireplace having a conversation in peace. Outside the snow was flying in strong wind. Sadly it was stormy outside. Hongbin didn’t like thunder, he was afraid it would be thundering in the night, but he couldn’t show any weakness to Ravi who was calmly staring at the flames. The whole house was lit by candles since everything had out awhile ago.

“Would you pass me the candy cane?” Ravi asked suddenly as he reached his hand in front of Hongbin. He absentmindedly gave one from the Christmas-tree . “Te diews.” was the answer he got from the blond. Hongbin had heard it before too, when blond had talked to his friends who brought him some decorations. He still remembered the way they had glared at elf and they had gotten into a fight. That was not the only time.

“What does that mean?” Hongbin finally asked. The blond haired boy turned to look at the sandy haired elf. “What means what?”

“Te diews? What does it mean?” Hongbin repeated.
“Oh, Te diews is our own language. Although we use it only when talking to our friends or among our race. It means Thank you very much.” The blond explained.

 

“Aa. I see. I always thought you guys are super small like 15cm or so. The older elves has told stories that you guys are small, evil, wrinkled little people with small potato noses and white hair and long beards uglies. But you look totally different from… Well ugly.” Hongbin rambled.

“Oh so you think I’m handsome, thank you.” Ravi said while smiling smugly and his eyes were twinkling again. Hongbin had to look away when he felt like his face was on fire and mumbled that he didn’t mean it that way.

“It was long ago. We are now mixed with humans and some elves too. For example my grand grand grandfather was an elf. But although we now a days look like ordinary humans we still take care of the forest and animals as it is our job. But we can be tiny too, it just takes a lot of energy, so we don’t do that often.” He explained.

“Can I see?!” Hongbin asked with a little too much enthusiasm for his liking. Ravi just nodded for the excited boy and smiled. It took a while and right before Hongbin’s eyes Ravi was shrinking. He continued shrinking until he was only around 18cm tall. They were both secretly glad that Wonshik’s clothes shrinked also.

“Wow. You are so small.” Hongbin whispered as he lifted the tiny boy to his arms for further examination. He looked exactly the same only smaller and a bit cuter. Hongbin mouthed the words ‘cute’ and ‘adorable’ without realising it. Ravi hopped down next to him again and started to turn normal again.

He sat there quietly. Hongbin took a candy cane for himself. Suddenly Wonshik poked him to his cheek with the end of his candy cane. “Are you disappointed that I’m big again as I’m not so cute anymore?” He laughed at Hongbin’s shocked expression. And from that they started a small fighting with candy canes. They used them like they were swords while poking each other and laughing.

They stopped to catch their breath and just smiling contently in the silence.

“I was always told how beautiful you elves are, but I think you are more than beautiful, almost godly. And I love seeing you smile, so don’t hold it back.” Ravi whispered for Hongbin who blushed into a beautiful crimson color.

“I-I.. I’m going to go sleeping.” He announced and jumped to his feet flustered and stomped to his nook.

 

“Slitzweitz!” He heard Wonshik shouting for him but he didn’t react. Hongbin already knew that it meant ‘Good Night’ in the other boys language that much he was able to put together earlier during the week.


263171lxlble1hnk.gif
 

Loud thunder woke Hongbin up. He stayed awake lying on his bed for he wasn’t able to go back to sleep. Every time he heard the sky rumbling loudly he winced. He was so scared and there was no-one to be close. Until he remembered that Wonshik was there with him in the house. Hongbin listened for a while and couldn’t hear the quiet snoring that he was already used to.

I can’t believe how used to I am already to his presence. And how much I like him. It is impossible I’m an elf, he’s not. Argh! But if I just call for him and just this once if I could sleep with him…  His thoughts were interrupted by the loud thunder which hurried his decision.

“Wonshik?” He whispered to the darkness as he opened his nooks doors and slipped to the eerily quiet living room. He tiptoed to other’s noot’s doors.

“Wonshikkie?” Hongbin whispered a bit louder and timidly knocked to the shutters. He was able to hear some rustling of the sheets. Then it was quiet again. Sandy-haired boy was about to call the other boy again just before the doors slowly creaked open and revealed a boy with his blond hairs sticking to every direction.

 

263171lxlble1hnk.gif

 

To say that Ravi was surprised would be understatement because nothing could have prepared him for the fact that the beautiful elf boy would be standing in front of his bed in the middle of the night. The other looked absolutely lovely with his hair mussed and cheeks slightly reddish. Wonshik felt butterflies in his stomach which had exploded when he had heard Hongbin calling him with a pet name from his own name.

 

“Yes Binnie?” He asked groggily unaware of the way it made butterflies in the other’s stomach also.

“I-I. CouldIsleepwithyoutonight?” the other asked so very quickly with flustered face that Wonshik with his sleepy brains had a small idea what the other wanted but was not sure.

“I’m sorry but what was that? I didn’t quite catch that. Care to repeat a bit slower this time?” He asked while raising his eyebrows.

“Uumm.. Umm.. Could I sleep with you..” Elf repeated quietly and the end of the sentence almost disappeared to the quiet night. Only one lightning strike lit the room up that moment through the slits on the window shutters, Hongbin tensed visibly and Ravi felt bad for him. “Or never mind.” Hongbin mumbled while starting to turn away.

This opportunity was too good for Ravi to pass, so he took a hold of the other’s slender wrist. So smooth. He wondered. Now is not the time for marveling him. He straightened himself.

“It’s okay. Just come on in. I don’t mind sharing a bed.” Ravi whispered and gently tugged Hongbin to his bed before closing the doors. “It’s okay. It’s only thunder, it won’t get you here.” He whispered and brought the smaller boy closer to hug him.

 

Wonshik was able to feel the other boy relaxing against his chest while he combed his fingers through the elf’s soft silky locks. He realised that moment that he didn’t want to let go of the boy ever. He wanted to keep him selfishly and call the other his.

“Bin-ah.” He whispered. Here we go, I got nothing to lose. He heard the soft yes and continued “I really really like you.”

It was quiet for a moment until he heard the answer. “I like you too.”

 

Wonshik could have sworn that his smile was meeting his ears. He lifted softly Hongbin’s face closer to his own and gently pushed his lips against the others. The kiss was soft, gentle and full of love. He pulled away.

“Now ssh.. Sleep my beauty.” He whispered “I’ll be here when you wake up.”
“Slitzweitz.” Hongbin whispered to which Wonshik whispered “Slitzweitz.”

Together they drifted to the land of dreams while holding onto each other.

 

263171lxlble1hnk.gif

 

Week turned to month. They were happily sitting together drinking hot cocoa when Hongbin decided to drop a bomb. He had gotten a letter from his father from the palace. He had demanded him to come home.

 

“I think I have to leave.” He said while observing the confusion and hurt being painted on his love’s handsome face.

“Why?” was the only thing Wonshik asked with downcast eyes looking at their joined hands.

“It’s about my father. And you know that I am a prince. The first in line. I can’t live here. I am not supposed to be here with you and it is wrong that we are together.” He explained.

“Then can I come with you?” Ravi asked hopefully.

“What?! No. Absolutely not!” Hongbin shouted and got up from the gnomes lap where he had been seated a while ago. Then he saw the pained expression on other’s face. He leaned down to kiss his lover.
 

“I’m sorry. I don’t want anything happening to you.” he whispered and Ravi only nodded.

 

“When do you leave?” Ravi asked after a while.

 

“The day after tomorrow.”

 

263171lxlble1hnk.gif

 

Ravi decided the day before Hongbin had to leave that he had to show the other boy something before he could leave. I have to show him while I still can. He thought determined.

 

He softly moved the sandy bangs from the other’s sleeping face and kissed the boy to his forehead before letting the bangs fall down.

I don’t wanna give you away. He thought and hoped tomorrow morning that Hongbin wouldn’t leave after he had showed him his love. He pulled the boy closer and drifted to uneasy sleep.

 

263171lxlble1hnk.gif

 

When the morning came the sun was shining brilliantly and birds were singing a tad too happily for Wonshiks liking. Hongbin was packing his stuff that he had gotten during the month. Everyone of his friends had just accepted and befriended with his beautiful pointy eared lover. He was so happy. He didn’t want it to end.

 

“Binnie-ah.” He said and walked closer to sneak his hands around his lover's waist and kissed the back of his neck.

 

“Hmm.” was the only answer he got. So he kissed again and blowed some air to Hongbin’s ear until the other turned around in his arms and gave him an amused expression. “What is it Shikkie?” Binnie asked smiling his beautiful dimpled smile.

 

“I want to show you something before you leave.” Wonshik said and started to pull the other with him. He intertwined their fingers and continued to lead the boy out of the house.

 

They made their way through the yard in sunshine and towards the shed. Wonshik opened the creaky door and let the other boy’s deer Danley and his own reindeer Esteem out.

“Now I need you to close your eyes and trust me while following me.” Wonshik said and watched with a warm smile how the other closed his eyes without a single complaint.

 

“When have I not trusted you?” He asked and made Ravi laugh. “Hmm. I wonder.” He answered and listened Hongbins melodious giggle, oh how he loved it.

 

Slowly they made their way through the shed and Ravi opened a door. Hongbin was sure that he had never been to that part of the household. He was led awhile onwards. Hongbin was able to smell a sweet scent from all around him. He felt tempted to peek but didn’t. For Shikkie.

 

They stopped and Wonshik finally gave permission for Hongbin to open his eyes. He watched how those dark almond eyes fluttered slowly open. He smiled how the other looked around amazed. He was more that proud of the roses he had raised.

 

Hongbin looked around the beautiful light lavender colored roses surrounding him. The color of the roses was closer to silver than lilac. Wonshik thought how he had never seen anything as beautiful as what was infront of him. His beautiful lover surrounded by the silver roses and sunshine shining through the glass roof of the greenhouse.

 

“These are Sterling Silver roses. Extremely rare and probably the most beautiful of them all. But no, I’m not raising for them outer beauty nor their sweet alluring scent but because of their beautiful meaning. Do you know what meaning they hold?” Wonshik told, but got to his question slight shaking of the head.

 

“They are a sign of enchantment and also symbolise love at first sight. They can be used as to express romantic feeling or intentions if one has been overcome by the feelings of love and adoration. I have been raising them for three years with a wish to be able to show them to you one day. They are all raised while thoughts of you. I fell in love with you three years ago on a sunny spring day. You probably didn’t even know that I exist. But I adored you. I continued to walk in the forests only to see you.“ Wonshik explained.

He took a step closer to his lover who was crying the tears of happiness. They hugged and Wonshik tenderly wiped the tears from his lover’s face. “Do you like them?”

 

“Y-yes. I love them. How am I supposed to leave now.” Hongbin squealed. Ravi kissed him on his lips and was able to taste the salty tears. He moved to kiss the tears away and earned a giggle.

 

“So will you Lee Hongbin, the prince of forest elves, stay with me forever?” Wonshik asked and kneeled in front of his lover and showed him a beautiful silver ring.

 

“Yes!” Hongbin crashed their lips together, after a while they had to pull apart to breathe.

“I love you so much Binnie.” Wonshik sighed from where he was resting his forehead against Hongbin’s. “I love you too so very much.” Hongbin whispered.

 

THE END

263171lxlble1hnk.gif


Author note: Aand here we go. Sorry if I made them a bit ooc. Please please please do leave a comment down below. I'd love to know what you thought about this story. And please bear in mind that this was my first fanfic that I have ever written. This story was over 4000 words can you believe that! I can't :'D Thank you for reading :3

AND for you, you who this story is dedecated to; Please do leave a comment, or PM me if you want to, and tell me was this successful and for your liking. I don't know if I got it the way you would have wanted it but I tried my best. Hopefully you enjoyed and wasn't dissappointed, 'cos I enjoyed myself while I was writing this. :DD

Last but not least;
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!