chapter 2

Goodnight Like Yesterday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol got home, he heard the sound of broken glass when going up the stairs of his house. Chanyeol sigh, he heard his mother and father were arguing from the kitchen. Chanyeol immediately ran to his room. He locked the door of his room. Chanyeol lay down on the bed.

Chanyeol open eyes, his room lit only by moonlight. Chanyeol immediately got out of bed and the light. Chanyeol directly go to the bathroom. After shower and change clothes, Chanyeol was out of the room because he was hungry. He went into the dining room, but there was no food on the table.

"Chanyeol, what do you want to eat? Mothers would make food for you," said Chanyeol mother who stepped near to Chanyeol.

Chanyeol smiling. "I'm going to eat outside, because I want to buy something too," said Chanyeol who hug his mother.

When Chanyeol out of the house, he saw his father, who went with the car. Chanyeol just trying to smile when passing by his father, but Chanyeol father not smile at him and continued drive the car.

Chanyeol go to shop and eat meat soup alone, he saw some people who were drunk. Chanyeol just shook his head to see behavior of people who spend money just for get drunk.

When finished eating, Chanyeol go to minimarket to buy some snacks and medicine. On the way home, Chanyeol accidentally meets a long-haired girl who was listening to music while carrying some groceries, Chanyeol hide behind the electric pole, he could see that she was Yoon Bomi, his classmates who have the nickname 'zombook'. Chanyeol hear Bomi was singing. Chanyeol smiled seeing the other side of the 'zombook' which usually only read the book, this time 'zombook' walk while singing.

...

The next day at school ...

"All right! This time, we will create a group to summarize the book To Kill A Mockingbird, I will divide the group," said Mr. Leon. "Kyungsoo with Namjoo, Baekhyun with Jongdae ... Chanyeol with Bomi ..."

All children cheered as Chanyeol with 'zombook' being together. Chanyeol who was busy drawing was shocked and immediately looked toward Bomi who remained calm in her seat.

"Park Chanyeol be careful, don’t let zombie eat you alive... uwahhh ..." sneered Baekhyun.

"Shut up!" Chanyeol said that throws Baekhyun with a pen.

"Come on! Finish your task now! Collect after the bell," said Mr.Leon.

All students in the class was busy with they pair. Chanyeol see Bomi who was completely ignored him, Chanyeol sighed and moved his chair to the Bomi table, he sat opposite from Bomi.

"We are one group, why didn’t you call me?" Chanyeol asked.

Bomi  only glanced Chanyeol briefly and back to read the book To Kill A Mockingbird. Chanyeol closer his face to Bomi.

"Can’t you talk?" Chanyeol asked.

"If you only want to bother me the better you leave, I'll do it alone," said Bomi.

Chanyeol smirked to hear Bomi voice was different when she sang last night. "I know you're smart but you shouldn’t do this task alone if it is the task of the group," said Chanyeol.

Bomi staring Chanyeol. "So do it yours, this, I give this books for you," said Bomi which gives books to Chanyeol.

"Thank you ..." said Chanyeol smiling to Bomi.

Bomi seriously write a summary of the novel To Kill A Mockingbird into a sheet of paper. Chanyeol only pretending to read but kept stealing glances to Bomi.

"What is your name?" asked Bomi glanced at Chanyeol make Chanyeol feel awkward.

"Hmm? I?" Chanyeol asked.

Bomi nodded. "I had to write our names in the paper," said Bomi.

"Park Chanyeol," said Chanyeol.

Bomi wrote Chanyeol name on a sheet of paper. In the end, the task is Bomi was doing, Chanyeol just flipping through a fairly thick novel, Chanyeol really don’t like reading.

...

After school, Chanyeol see Bomi which again take up a lot of books from the locker and go later

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter