Happy Christmas Eve? Really?

The Red on Our Evergreen

ATTENTION!

For the lovely readers who's not familiar with Tokyo Ghoul AU, I suggest that you read the description about ghoul on the Foreword to make it easier and comfortable for you to read this oneshot.

If you're already familiar with the said manga and anime title, i hope you enjoy this. :))

Green is Hakyeon. Red is Taekwoon. Golden is Hongbin. Purple is Hyuk.

Enjoy!


 

 

Roaring wind.

 

Pouring water coming from the sky.

 

The wild shadow of the trees outside the tiny window, casted by the street lamp.

 

And the house which swallowed by the darkness.

 

Such a damned situation. Worth to be complained.

 

A yelp could be heard as the thunder again. The dancing yellow light on the phosphorus edge of the wooden stick just disappeared along with the sudden nervous movement. Then a low dissatisfied voice following by.

 

“Perfect Christmas Eve…”

 

He said sarcastically. Still with that sour mood, he put down the used match and went to light another. Half-blindly searching for the match box first on top of the kitchen island in front of him. He brought the fire to the aromatherapy candle in front of him. Don’t really care of what kind of smell it would spread the latter. It was a gift from a friend and the only tool he depends on giving some color to his kitchen for tonight.

 

His house used to be so bright, and should be even brighter that it usually is. He prepared so. It should be decorated by bright tiny Christmas bulbs taped on the walls that he already set to be blinked in a specific rhythm. He also spent a lot of time bringing together all the clay angels and snowmen, also the chubby Saint Nicholas figures on the medium sized evergreen tree, along with the colorful crystal balls and fabulous garlands.

 

He was so ready to celebrate the Christmas Eve.

 

But look at him now. Alone in the minimalistic light on the kitchen. Not even bright enough to let his grayish blue hair be seen in its proper shade. Sitting quietly without anything that could entertain him. All the Christmas hype and planning for tonight, and his super-extra-overwhelming hard work on decorating the house sadly have to be thrown away because of that goddamn lighting the fuse box, bringing all the brightness on his apartment floor to death. along with his precious heater. For all times, why every damned things have to happen tonight? And he still has to wait for his partner. In this condition.

 

Plus.

 

He’s hungry.

 

His partner should be coming there with their dinner. But all he’s been listening to is just the sound of noisy wind and branches outside tangling to each other. Not the door bell he’s been expecting since an hour ago.

 

He sighed as he felt that his hunger is starting to go berserk. His dark brown irises are starting to fade into crimson and the white sclera quickly turned into pitch black.

 

He needs his dose of coffee.

 

He had starved himself for two days straight. Yesterday he didn’t have the time to feed himself since he had to come with his group of people to settle things with their neighbor about territories. One of had accidentally crossed the border of other group’s territory and to prevent any damaged, he, as the leader of their tiny group had to apologize for his youngest members’ recklessness. And it wasn’t going that smooth so he had to spent some time to kick some asses until some higher ups of that group stopped the commotion. And fortunately nice enough to let the matter finished peacefully. And send him home dead tired with a satisfied face.

 

And today he decided to just wait for dinner because a sweet, tender, and juicy human flesh would atone all the hunger he’s been suffering. But that doesn’t seem to be delivered any time soon.

 

“Where is he, really…?”

 

This is really upsetting him. This whole unfortunate thing. He’s grumbling some complains for his partner as he twisted the stove button after putting a half-filled steel pot. And he groaned because it didn’t emit any fire. Forgot that it’s an electric stove.

 

“Goddamn it!”

 

He shouted in frustration. He stomped his way back to the kitchen island and grabbed his smartphone and pressed the emergency call option on the locked screen.

 

“ all this… Good ing grief Jung Taekwoon where the hell are you?!”

 

He grumbled as he pressed the speed dial number one. But the bell rang nearly the same time as the first dial tone he heard and he automatically declined his call and rushed to the house’s entrance, unlocked the door and opened it hastily.

 

There’s stood the figure he’s been waiting for, pale blonde wavy strands sticking to his wet forehead, the rest of his head hidden in the damp black hood, useless against the rain, hands tucked inside the pocket searching for a slight warmth that isn’t there, lips silenced shut and pale in color. And a pair of sunglasses hanging on his nose bridge. In the middle of rain. In the chill that winter brings.

 

“Oh my God, Jung Taekwoon!”

 

Without any more words, his tan fingers just pulled the sad figure inside and locked the door back like it was before. He doesn’t care about the amount of water invading the doorway’s floor. He approached the familiar man and helped him escapes from the drenched coat that’s unbelievably heavy with all the water, completely beaten up by the rain.

 

“Wait here, okay?”

 

Then he made his way back to the kitchen, thinking of bringing his phone to his bedroom, hoping it’ll help in the darkness. But tumbled his way when his feet bumping on the kitchen’s doorsill as he turned to his right. He cussed at the pain.

 

“Are you okay…?”

 

His guest asked with a soft voice, stopping in the middle of taking off his shoes.

 

“No worries, Taekie~”

 

He said happily. Anger and every curse he wanted to shower his guest with just disappear in the cold air. But he still needs a proper explanation for the lateness and the nothingness he brought with him. He should’ve brought food for God sake.

 

He grabbed the phone, letting the aromatherapy candle still lit up, and made his way to the bedroom. More careful this time with the LED flash on the back of his phone lighted up.

 

“Woon-ah, took off your clothes too!”

 

He shouted as he started to search for a towel big enough to wipe the giant over there and a few clothes that fit the size of his guest. Well, not really a guest since that Taekwoon had spent most of his night on this apartment, not his own. Even though he just lives next door. Like literally next door.

 

He brought a towel, a t-shirt and a sweatshirt in case he feels cold, and training pants also extra socks and a blanket. And when he’s back to the doorway and shot the light towards Taekwoon, the first thing he saw is a nice chest muscles. Then, nice abs. And then, pale hands covering the private area. And then the realization hit him that the man in front of him is thoroughly . And trembling.

 

“Don’t stare...”

 

The same red irises behind that sunglasses finally revealed. Though with frowns on his eyebrows. And he just chuckled at the shy creature, thus led him to the kitchen where there’s a much proper lighting to put on some clothes.

 

He put the pile of clothing and towel on the kitchen island and turned off the flash on his phone to put it flat on the table. He faced the one behind him and pulled the towel, covering the latter’s head and dried his blonde hair.

 

“I c-could... do it myself... Hakyeon…”

 

The soft voice filled the room again, stuttering because of the cold, making his skinny hands stopped. He brought his fingers lower and lifted the part of towel that’s hiding the other’s face. The same pair of eyes colored in black and red stared back, asking silently about what the owner of that apartment wants to say.

 

“Let me. And while I’m at that, you could think of any reasoning that is proper enough to explain why you are here, late than ever, without any human we could munch on. Is that clear?”

 

The avoiding eyes and a bit on the lower lip is enough to answer the question. He cares about the well-being of his beloved partner as much as their dinner. For now. He usually isn’t like this. But the hunger took him over right now, though he still could manage getting his mind right.

 

After decided that he finished drying the blonde hair that he adores, he’s wiping his face gently, smiling at the sharp eyes which shut tightly and the kissable pout. Then let his golden skinned hands travel to his neck and torso, commanding him to lift both of his arms so he could reach his armpits. Then he’s wiping lower, under his stomach and there are hands covering that secret part of the body again.

 

“I’ll do it myself…”

 

Hakyeon just grinned at the troubled expression in front of him.

 

“Are you sure?”

 

And the frown is back to its place. Making him enjoy teasing the latter.

 

“Then you better have a lot to say.”

 

He gave the towel away and sat himself on the high chair behind him. His crimson eyes wandering on Taekwoon’s body, trailing every of his movement until he’s fully dressed. Sweatshirt and training pants are on, yellow socks fitted his giant feet well, and a blanket wrapped around that body comfortably, good uniform to sleep. But he won’t accept any cuddle moments before he gets his share of juicy flesh.

 

“I am hungry, Taekwoon-ah.”

 

“Me too…”

 

Of course, look at his already changed eyes. And talking about Taekwoon, it’s not so rare to see him getting hungry. He’s hungry all the time. But he's hungry and cold right now. It tickled the other's empathy. So, the blue haired one slid down his chair and approach Taekwoon who's trying to gather all the warmth from the blanket.

 

He put his palms on the latter's cold cheek and touched his warmer lips on Taekwoon's own. The coldness melted away with the heat. The used to be chapped and dried lips, moisted with saliva. Their tongues playing with each other. Though one is clearly more enthusiast in absorbing all the warmth that he's allowed to explore. While their lips keeping them busy, Taekwoon's hands welcomed Hakyeon's slender body, covering him with a big hug and trapped him in the soft surface of the blanket. They detached their lips, breathless as the aftertaste.

The slighty taller, yet slightly younger, is showering Hakyeon's face with kisses as a sense of grattitude. The latter just smiled at the action, feeling the tickleness as those now warmer lips travelling south giving his long neck some attention. He sighed as the other hold him even tighter. Practically cuddling with him while they are standing. Hakyeon is chuckled away when he feels the pointy nose he knows so well is now snuggling closer to the crook of his neck. He just wrapped his hands around the broad back and rub it gently, hoping to ease the painful cold. 

 

But, this food matter has to be solved. 

 

Nothing could win over his stomach. Even love.

 

“Then why brings nothing?”

 

“The police are all over the street.”

 

This is new. He didn’t know that they would tighten up the guard on Christmas Eve. It should be all over the news but, yeah, the blackout.

 

“Ghouls stay away from hunting tonight.”

 

Then the high-pitched groan could be heard.

 

“But I haven’t eaten for two ing days…”

 

He mumbles as he dropped his hands and place his chin on the other's shoulder.

 

“I tried to do some hunting but… they are so many…”

 

Hakyeon leaned his head on the blonde one, still trapped in a huge cocoon that is Taekwoon and his blanket.

 

“But you’re okay, right?”

 

Taekwoon just hummed approvingly. Then straightened his body, though still refuse to let his hands off of Hakyeon's waist.

 

“I called Wonshik but he’s not answering.”

 

He lifted his head and snorted. Figuring out what is the cause of that one ghoul not answering his Taekwoon. Probably the same reason he should be busying himself into right now. A Christmas date.

 

“He’s probably with his human, that 'Ken' guy.”

 

Something clicked on Taekwoon’s brain and he mumbles something along ‘he should at least answer one of my 37 phone calls’. Hakyeon is just chuckled at the childish remarks.

 

Well, what should he do now? It’s not entirely Taekwoon’s fault that he’s still hungry, and it isn’t Taekwoon’s fault that tonight’s Christmas date turned to be a failed plan. Plus, the rain is making it worse.

 

“So, how about we went to Hongbin’s café for some coffee and spent the rest of the night cuddling?”

 

“It still won’t be enough, Yeon-ah. I am hungry. And cold.”

 

Hakyeon cooed and leaned his body to him. Squeezing him like a teddy bear. The blonde ghoul just went along and gladly received the offered warmth, hugging each other tightly.

 

“Then we could pay Sanghyuk a visit.”

 

“He might charged us for some extra since it’s a high season.”

 

Suddenly Hakyeon had an idea how to get some free food from Sanghyuk. He could relate his recent sin for a share of some woman flesh he’s been stocking up. He sells some flesh to other ghouls. Good quality flesh of female humans. He’s been in this business just recently, and it’s actually going big. Even some ghouls from neighboring territory are starting to be his loyal customer. With his advanced flirting technique, and his detailed research for his victim, up until now, no human is suspicious of him. Including the police. He’s untraceable. Though with that skill he’s still so young and forgot how territorial their race is. He wanted to broaden his range of hunting thus invading others’ territory without permission. Hakyeon gave him some wise word after the leader had solved the problem he made, without any punishment, so, he could be a little generous to his pack leader, couldn’t he?

 

“I think we could get it for free.”

 

He said confidently. Making Taekwoon confused.

 


 

“You want to take advantages of Hyukkie’s fault?”

 

Hakyeon nodded before he took a sip of that aromatic black liquid.

 

The handsome black haired ghoul just laughed at the confirmation. He had his other barista friend to cover his position for a while. Well, he’s the owner of that café, no one can disobey him. And he just decided to greet the pair of leader and co-leader of his ghoul pack out of politeness. And for the thrill of teasing them.

 

“Should I help Hyukkie or just let you go with your plan? Hmm~”

 

He’s humming playfully, making a serious expression on his gorgeous face that soon went back to a wide smile with cute dimples as he avoided a weak jab from across the table, coming from the blonde one.

 

Hakyeon put down his sunglasses as he felt his hunger subsided a bit. The power of coffee is indeed a blessing. And quickly showing a disgusted expression towards the café owner.

 

“Don’t you dare, Lee Hongbin.”

 

“It’s actually Taekwoon-hyung’s fault right?”

 

 Hearing his name called, he slowly retrieved his knuckle and behaving calmly. He might’ve seen fierce, with those sharp eyes that now looks more humane due to the normalize color, his bigger build than the two others, and his static cold expression. But he’s actually more like… the kitten type. Or doggy type. Or… well, just think of him as cute, adorable fellow that cannot express himself very well.

 

“Don’t blame him!”

 

“But he should’ve hunted the day before if it’s going to be an important night for the two of you.”

 

Lee Hongbin and his snarky remarks. But he’s true. In some ways. But Hakyeon cannot let his Taekwoon’s pride get shattered with this impolite, younger, though handsome bastard.

 

“And do you think he has the time to? We were meeting those guys in 3-10-0 territory, remember?”

 

“Oh, right. Okay, so it’s Hyuk’s fault then.”

 

Hakyeon just nodded confidently, after emptying his cup of delicious coffee.

 

“Do you think he’s on his house?”

 

Their co-leader asked while pouring some more drink into Hakyeon’s cup, as well as his.

 

“He’s not answering you guys?”

 

The pair just shook his head and took a sip from their cup at almost the same time. The act being commented by the barista in front of them, telling that they had developed a post marriage disease. Making Hakyeon coughed as he gulped his coffee and Taekwoon diverted his gaze somewhere far, busying himself with drinking more slowly while cannot hide the pinkish shade on his chubby cheeks.

 

Feeling that he had enough entertainment on teasing his fellow high ranked ghouls, he volunteered to help them with their emergency dinner. Thus he called the youngest member of them.

 

And the said member actually answered his call.

 

That little demon actually has some nerves to avoid Hakyeon’s call.

 


 

“That brat really needs a powerful smack on his head!”

 

He loudly shouted as he and his partner walking on some dark alley. Pacing to the youngest house through shortcuts. Taekwoon just silently following behind him, smiling to see the impatient Hakyeon. He thought it’s funny. He’s not really pissed off with their youngest member as much as Hakyeon though. Hyuk is just being Hyuk.

 

“I’m going to cut his long limbs into inseparable pieces!”

 

Everyone knows how much Hakyeon loves the little demon, so it won’t happen. Besides, their Han Sanghyuk won’t die easily even if that happened. He’ll possibly fight their leader back. In a playful way.

 

“Doesn’t he have some manners?”

 

He keeps complaining to the silent alley way. Hands inside the grey coat’s pockets, black turtleneck is protecting his long neck from the cold breeze, and  a pair of acid washed jeans hugging his slender yet plump thighs. While Taekwoon still wears his sweatshirt from before inside a half-buttoned long coat, hood up, covering half of his head, pale blonde fringe combed neatly and fell perfectly on his forehead, his training pants had changed into some fitting skinny jeans. Hakyeon forbid him to use his still damp sneakers and gave him a new leather boots that’s too big for his own feet. He bought it from an online site but when it arrived, it didn’t match his feet. Even though its number fits the size he usually wears. And luckily it fits Taekwoon perfectly. While he himself just satisfied with some simple sneakers with black with red accent.

 

The co-leader actually wanted to go changed on his own apartment which’s on literally next door, but Hakyeon just insist that he’s going to take care of him. He likes to play dress up, and Taekwoon’s great build is making him excited. To dress him up, not ually.

 

The rain had stopped, but the street is still wet on most of the places. Thin traces of snow mixed together with half-freezed puddle of rain water is decorating the concrete ground. And the oldest of the two stopped his feet and turned his body, facing Taekwoon who’s not too far behind him.

 

“Taekwoonie… Why are you so slow?”

 

He whined weakly. The other is trying to catch him up and as soon as they’re standing side by side, Hakyeon automatically circling his arms around Taekwoon’s, hugging his right arm possessively. And as if on cue, they continue their walk again at the same time. Maybe they are having the post marriage disease.

 

“Should we turn right or left?”

 

The older asked, leaving the direction to his partner since he at it. He always does, even though he had already visited Sanghyuk’s house a few times, he hardly remembers. Answering the question, Taekwoon just pointed to their right with his free hand and lead the way.

 

And he sensed his hunger rising again.

 

“Oh my, wait, Taek…”

 

He let go of the latter’s arm and close his eyes immediately, not wanting to gather any attention for his ghoul-like eyes. He put his hand inside the right pocket of his coat and put on his sunglasses. He linked his hands to the one beside him again and continuing their walk.

 

“I don’t know you’re that hungry…”

 

“I would be hungry and crazy if I didn’t drink that whole jar of that Arabica brew.”

 

His partner just keeps walking and stopped talking. And sensing the overflowing guilt coming from the blonde guy, he patted the latter’s arm and caressing it lovingly.

 

“It’s an unfortunate Christmas Eve, isn’t it? The whole police ordeal. We can’t die now, so it’s a proper way that you stayed low and prevent hunting. A right choice. And then our floor’s electricity box just got down by the lighting. And that Kim Won got too busy with his human lover to help us get some food supplies. Hongbin is too cunning to help us, he could list thousand of ways to blackmail us to drove us away from his stock of flesh. Undependable bastards.”

 

He rumbles, trying to list down the unfortunate event for tonight and stated that the whole thing is because Santa Claus decided to be a racist and chose not to bless the ghoul tribe for the night. And yes, Hakyeon is still believed in the chubby Saint Nicholas bringing out presents for good kid. But he’s never been a good kid because he eats human, right? So, yeah, he believes in the tale yet hates it. Envying on the humans, always complaining why they don’t have the ghoul version of Santa Claus.

 

“I’ll make it up to you.”

 

Hakyeon just humming at the lack of enthusiasm yet confident statement.

 

“Anytime is fine, Taekwoonie.”

 

He straightened his neck and put a peck on the blond one’s cheek, making the said person smile and all warm in the cold starry night.

 

Oh, well, it could be a romantic night if Hakyeon wants. No need a fancy candlelight dinner and super bright decorations, just being with each other in a dark alley biting cold with messed up scenery of snow and water on the ground is enough to make all the butterflies inside his belly flying wildly in happiness. Though he still can’t do anything with the furious grumbling sound of hunger.

 


 

“What, hyung?”

 

A wild and , Han sanghyuk appeared.

 

Plus the woman, in a matching color of bra and , clutching on his side are what greeting the two of them. Opening the door in a vulgar manner, not even embarrassed at their state right now. This smell coming from the female is so familiar. That woman must be a possible victim. Either a victim of his libido or his business.

 

“We need food.”

 

Said Taekwoon with that straight face of his.

 

“Oh, right. Can you wait for a second? Er… maybe ten minutes for a quickie?”

 

Shameless kid that made Hakyeon cringe, though his eyes still hidden behind the sunglasses. The youngest is practically aware of Hakyeon’s state. It’s common for a ghoul to wear sunglasses to hide their infamous change of eye color when they’re hungry or just to stay low profile.

 

What he didn’t know is that Hakyeon is reaching his limit.

 

The oldest just can’t contain anymore and getting too impatient. Way too much. He quickly brought his trembling hand out from his pocket and grabbed a hand full of the youngest’ neck. Made the girl on the said member’s arm yelped in shock.

 

“Han Sanghyuk…”

 

The act startled the girl on Sanghyuk’s arm. She’s stunned, unmoving from where she stands.

 

“I don’t have the time to play.”

 

He put more force to his fingers and changed the expression of the owner of that neck into a painful one. It just a little abuse that won’t kill Sanghyuk, but pain is still pain. And he could be too confident with the fact that Hakyeon loves him too much sometimes.

 

“Aww, hyung… let’s play together, the four of—ARGH!”

 

But this time he got too far ahead of himself.

 

So Hakyeon give him a proper lesson.

 


 

“Geez! No need to break my neck, Hakyeon-hyung!”

 

He groaned as he purposely twisted his crooked neck with both of his arms in the opposite direction. Getting the bones on thair line again. And when they snapped back,  his neck just healed in some minutes. The youngest immediately cracked his neck to his right and left, feeling better already. The perks of being a ghoul.

 

“What, what? What can I help you with, Your Highness?”

 

“We need food.”

 

Said Taekwoon, once again repeating their pure intention on getting some feedings. He’s too getting impatient and letting his dark eyes be seen since they’re already inside Han Sanghyuk’s messy living room.

 

“And the only stock that I have is that girl who you drove away in fear.”

 

Hakyeon growled in disbelief.

 

“You don’t have any spare?”

 

“Nope.”

 

“He’s lying, Hakyeon.”

 

His blonde partner bluntly said.

 

“No, I don’t. Why are you saying that, hyung?”

 

“Because you won’t see us in the eyes. He’s lying, Yeon-ah.”

 

Then Hakyeon brought his body up from the cozy leather sofa and walked closer to his currently-not-so-favorable youngest member of his pack. He grabbed his bare shoulders, since he’s still not dressing properly, only putting on some random boxers. He clenched hard and staring at Sanghyuk’s humane eyes which not looking at him.

 

He is lying indeed.

 

He grabbed Sanghyuk’s face and forcefully made him look straight to his crimson irises.

 

“You are so not lying indeed.”

 

In a sarcastic tone.

 

“Yes, I’m being honest, my beloved Hakyeon-hyung.”

 

“No, you don’t.”

 

“But you said it yourself, I’m not lying.”

 

“Don’t start pushing my button, Hyukkie.”

 

As he finished his sentence, he felt a pain on his abdomen and he suddenly coughed some blood. Accidentally splattered some of the red liquid to Sanghyuk’s face. He looked down and found a blue and purple sharp tail-like thingy went through his stomach. The lump of kagune is coming from behind the young ghoul in front of him. From the area of his tail bone.

 

“What if I do?”

 

And he still has the nerves.

 

It’s just a common view for their pack. So Taekwoon just sit back watching as Hakyeon released his power. The infamous five tentacles kagune that went out from each of his waist bone. The beautiful shade of different green shade move fluently with the blue-purple mix that Sanghyuk has, blocking and attacking in such a narrow space that is Sanghyuk’s living room.

 

Since ghouls can regenerate their bodies a lot faster than humans, and apparently Hakyeon is the fastest among them, Taekwoon just has no worries. This is what they usually called as bickering. Even though the yell and the blood splattering all over the place is too much for commoner’s eyes, it’s just a daily thing for their kind. And he won’t give too much care for Sanghyuk since Hakyeon won’t kill him even though he’s being a right now. Hakyeon’s love towards the kid is so pure, it sometimes makes him jealous. Beside, the youngest is creating the mess himself, making Hakyeon mad, making him twisting and sharpening his green kagune to stab here and there. Not enough to kill but just enough to make Sanghyuk feels some worthy pain.

 

Since it looks like they won’t stop until Sanghyuk begs for forgiveness, which would be around half an hour more, ah, no, maybe fifteen minutes since Hakyeon is so desperately hungry, it would be a perfect time to open the stainless steel bottle that Hongbin packed for them. He’s been saving it for emergency and it had been hidden inside his coat. And since Hakyeon has his hand full right now, he might as well enjoy the latte along with the violence scene in front of him to kill the time.

 

Ah, right, Hongbin asked him before to give some news on Hakyeon, he could be annoying but he really cares a lot about Hakyeon and any of the members on their 6-20-0 territory. It’s a good time to put out his phone and took a few picture of the current situation.

 

And sent it to their group chat.

 


 

“Hyunggggg~ I love you~”

 

And he’s back into the Hyuk-kawaii that Hakyeon cherishes.

 

Little devil finally learned his lesson. Hope so.

 

After driving the youngest to the edge of pain, they finally got what they want. Sanghyuk’s food supplies. Two whole bodies on the brat’s possession. It’s a little bit cold because he put it on the freezer room, so the pair has to wait fifteen minutes for Hyuk to prepare the flesh.

 

He had to mutilate the woman into twelve pieces. Head to the neck, chest and stomach, two pairs of upper arms and lower arms, waist, and two pairs of thighs and lower legs. After that Hyuk needed to dip those hard as rock pieces on some warm water to let it defreeze.

 

And even with Hyuk ruining his favorite turtleneck and playing with his hunger, Hakyeon still has the kindness to left Hyuk’s favorite part of human body untouched. Hakyeon doesn’t really like intestines and all anyway, so he has no problem casting away the stomach part. That’s why the youngest just giving his cute charm away to show his gratitude to the leader.

 

“I’ll make sure you will pay for this turtleneck, Han Sanghyuk.”

 

He said before continue to munch a pointy finger. It’s such a hassle on eating fingers but Hakyeon somehow enjoying the challenge. He especially like the finger nails. So crunchy. He doesn’t really care about his appearance right now. Messy hair and torn clothes because he was playing with Sanghyuk before, and the smeared blood on his face and fingers. The most important thing is he had calmed his stomach. And Taekwoon is being properly fed too. Look at him happily tearing that thigh with his big teeth. So adorable.

 

“Of course, money is no problem.”

 

He said cockily.

 

“Yeah, kid, you keep that attitude~ And I’ll make sure it’ll be painful!”

 

The leader said, pointing the lower arms he’s munching on to the youngest member beside him. Fingers already detached from its places. The flesh isn’t as juicy as Hakyeon wanted but it’s just enough. Since this is an emergency situation.

 

Hyuk’s just laughing playfully and keep watching his elders eating his spare food delightfully.

 

“You won’t eat?”

 

Taekwoon finally speak after so long concentrating only on his food. The little devil just shook his head innocently and smiled away.

 

“I had my meal before you came, no worries.”

 

And no worries it is, so the hungry pair just shrugged and continued eating.

 

Looking at his elders eating right now is sending a happy feeling to the kid.

 

Because, thank goodness, they don’t know where he hid the other three pairs of delicious bodies.

 

He’s not successful for nothing, right?

 


 

“Thanks for the meal, Hyukkie~”

 

The cheerful leader is now back on business. Showering some lovely kisses to his most favorite little devil in the world. The said devil started to plea some help from their co-leader but given nothing instead.

 

“Go home safe now. The police are all over the main road.”

 

“We know. See you soon, baby.”

 

Said Hakyeon as he pulled the giant baby into his strong hug. Well, more like strangling him than hugging. The youngest just pushed him away, unhesitatingly making a disgusted sound at Hakyeon. The remarks only earned him with a few neck chops and Hakyeon being a noisy mother in law. A familiar image that hasn’t failed to make Taekwoon smiles.

 

And going home they are.

 

Hakyeon had replaced his ruined turtleneck with Hyuk’s random t-shirt and a knitted scarf to protect his neck. He stole one of Hyuk's coat, choosing the one which look expensive. While still walking around with the pants he wore earlier but with some ripping here and there. He intertwined his fingers together with his partner, satisfied with his full stomach. Though it doesn’t filled with a freshly killed human flesh like he had planned before.

 

“Glad that Hyuk has some spares, right, Woon-ah?”

 

The latter just humming shortly, once again leading the leader towards the alley way.

 

“Let’s be more prepared next year~”

 

He said, already planning in his head of what they should do on the same date next year.

 

“What if some problems suddenly came and busying us like yesterday?”

 

He doesn’t want to let his lovely leader’s hope went down the drain but it’s best to prepare for the worst. Their life isn’t as stable as the humans. Who would know when they are going to be hunted by the police and have their kagune being extracted from their body only to become human’s weapon to fight their own kind.

 

“Hmm, you’re right…”

 

“We can always come to Hyuk if that happens though.”

 

He said, wanting to lighten up the grayish blue haired one’s mood. And he succeeded at that.

 

“Yeah, let’s pay Hyukkie a visit again when we got too much on our hands.”

 

A full stomach leads to a beautiful smile. And seeing the bright Hakyeon is back, replacing the grumpy-hungry Hakyeon, he can’t help but to bent his head a bit and claim those lips.

 

Hakyeon just went along and kissed him back. It’s a rare case when his partner shows some intimate affection in public like this. Might as well enjoy the love.

 

But a sudden groan and things being knocked down startled them. Making them both release the kiss and looked into the end of the alley way not too far in front of them.

 

A young adult male, a drunk one, seemed to knocked some garbage with his tumbling feet.

 

Hakyeon is looking around, searching for some CCTVs or other spying tools that the authority had set. And it’s only one. The tiny camera which looked so worn with the crooked handle and rusty edge. Piece of cake.

 

“Taekwoonie.”

 

“Hm?”

 

“Shall we eat some desserts?”

 

 


Hello, dear readers!

Firstly, I want to say, MERRY CHRISTMAS!

I hope you, especially the one lovely being who will receive this gift, will be happy with this. It is a challenging prompt, but also a fun one to write. So, I have no complains at all. My prompt writer would like it to be dark but she loves fluffy story too, so... i combined the two genre and... did i succeed? The more detail storyline is included a stormy night, someone's missing and she let me decided do I want a happy ending ot a bad ending, though i settled with happy ending, since it's for Christmas, I would like to entertain with something that's not depressing and full of happiness. 

The idea came out fast but as usual, putting it on proper words and nice story flow needs some time. I want to arrange a great Christmas gift, so I worked hard for this. Tee-hee. I’m glad it finished on time, and happy if this one could brighten your Christmas.

This is my first time experiencing a secret santa event on Aff, and it’s actually a really exciting event. I hope to do this again next year. :D A lot of thanks for our admin, Ms. Librarian for working hard on making and finishing the event awesomely, you've gone through a rocky road to keep this event going and I hope you don't mind to have fun with us starlights again next year or maybe other times in the future. I really love your clear and on point rules. Thank you so much!

And...

Can’t wait to see your thoughts! Yes, you, the one whose prompt I was writing on! Hope you like this! ^//v//^

 

Happy Christmas, folks!