A New Start

A Little Fairytale

Ever since that heartbreaking incident, Seohyun have decided to transfer to another new school. far away from her old friends and...him. Today is the first day of school and Seohyun is definitely not looking forward to it. She was once a cheerful, bubbly and needless to say, a popular girl. Every boys in her school admired her and even some girls looked up to her as a role model. The teachers in her previous school would always praise her for being such a smart and hardworking student. Her parents were extremely proud of her and they were also grateful to have such a nice daughter. Despite being so popular and outstanding, Seohyun was never a conceited girl. She would always look forward to go school, make new friends, gain more knowlegde and be happy. In short, she was a perfect human being. Or probably, an angel with glistening eyes, cherry lips, and long, silky hair. However, due to that incident, she isolated herself and became depressed. No more smiles and laughter from her. Long gone are the days when her eyes sparkle like a shining star. The oh-so-perfect Seohyun have evetually became cold and unhappy. The people around Seohyun did noticed the change in her but they didnt do anything about it. What could they possibly do? All those pain that she had suffered has already caused her heart to break into pieces, just like a fragile glass and slowly an invisible fence was formed around her so as to prevent herself from trusting people too much again.

 

Seohyun got out of the bed lazily, trying to forget the fact that she needs to be in school today. As quiet as a mouse, Seohyun's mother walked into the room to check on her daughter. Seeing how dreadful Seohyun is feeling, Mrs Seo couldnt help but let out a sigh. Mrs Seo had never expect such a sudden change in her daughter thus it was hard for her to accept it. 

"Seohyunie-yah, good morning! I've prepared some breakfast for you, so quickly change into your uniform and come out okay?" Mrs Seo caringly said. It was then when Seohyun realised the presence of her mum.

"No thanks, I'm not hungry." Without even glancing at her mum, Seohyun replied back coldly.

Her mum sighed once again and decided to leave her daughter alone. She understand how Seohyun is feeling right now and doesn't want to give her any more stress. As the door closes, a tiny teardrop rolled down Seohyun's cheeks. Seohyun felt sorry for her parents, especially her mum, that they have to go through all these with her. After awhile, she wiped away her tears, changed into her uniform and headed out. The journey to school was totally horrible for Seohyun. The bus was filled with passengers,mostly students in the same uniform as her. She rolled her eyes, silently wishing that all those people could keep their mouths shut instead of making so much noise. Soon, the bus reached the bus stop nearest to her school. Seohyun alighted and walked away rapidly from those students that were on the same bus as her. Clearly, she still hates socialising with people.

 

"Excuse me! Please give way, I'm freaking late for school! Sorry! Sorry!" said someone's voice. He quickened his pace and squeeze through the pack of people alighting from the bus.

"Ouch! Watch where you're going please, idiot!" Seohyun shouted furiously.

"I'm sorry, Miss! I am in a rush now, apologies!" the panic voice replied back.

Both of them slowly looked up and their eyes meet each other.

He looked into her beautiful yet empty eyes...

And she looked into his dark brown twinkling eyes...

"Ka-cha! Perfect love birds!" A girl with a pair of doe eyes and a bright smile, whose hands were holding a polaroid camera, exclaimed happily.

"WHAT? We are not love birds!" Both Seohyun and the man who bumped onto her, retorted back.

"Here is your polaroid, girl. Both looking good huh!" the doe eyed girl, who introduced herself as Yoona, said.

Seohyun didn't even bothered to take a look at the polaroid and merely shoved it inside her pocket.

"Hey, my name is Kris. You can call me Yifan. Nice to meet you, Miss. I see that you're wearing the same uniform as me, guess we are school mates then?" He extended his hands for a handshake.

Seohyun looked at his extended hands, and it reminded her of him, that one guy who changed her life, into a miserable one.

"Nice to meet you." Seohyun replied emotionlessly, without returning the handshake.

Yifan awkwardly withdrew his hands back and scratched his head.

"Why are you scratching your hair? Did you not wash your hair this morning?" Yoona said while laughing.

Seohyun let out a soft chuckle accidentally and this caused Yifan to laugh awkwardly too. Yoona peeked at her watch and realised it's time for school. The trio fastened their footsteps and reached their school in no time.

Surprisingly, the three of them were in the same class together. Seohyun ended up sitting with Yoona while Yifan has been chosen to sit with a guy, named Donghae.

During lunch break, Seohyun decided to sit alone at a table in the cafeteria. She fished out her handphone from her pocket and a polaroid fall out of it. Gently picking it up, her eyes landed on the image of the polaroid. It was Yifan and her staring at each other's eyes this morning. The image was beautiful and... beautiful, she thought. Just then, a voice interrupted her thoughts.

"Uhm, may I have a seat, please?" It was Yifan, the tall good looking creature.

"Can I say no? There are many other empty seats." said Seohyun, as her eyes scanned the entire cafeteria.

"Ah, okay then, sorry to disturb you." Yifan answered, with a tinge of sadness in his voice.

Seohyun noticed the sadness in his voice therefore she decided to let Yifan sit with her.

"Just take a seat then."

Yifan was delighted and he slowly sit beside Seohyun.

"Not so close, please." Seohyun said with a stern face.

He moved slightly and started to eat his meal. There were a few moments of silence until Yifan started talking.

"So... I haven't know what is your name yet, Miss."

"Didn't you hear the teacher calling my name just now? Pabo."

"I...I guess I wasn't paying attention then." The truth is, Yifan wanted Seohyun to introduce herself personally to him.

"Seohyun. The name's Seohyun." replied the lady.

"Pretty name you have there!"

"Thanks."

"I heard you're a new student too?" asked Yifan curiously.

"Yeah, I am. Wait, are you too?" As usual, curious Seohyun being curious.

"Yup, today's my first day."

"Duhh, it is the first day of new term."

Yifan let out a tiny laugh at Seohyun's lame joke.

"What are you laughing at? I am not a clown, sir." Seohyun rolled her eyes for the 9999th time today.

The bell rang and all of the students headed back to their classes, including the duo. The rest of the day was spent on lessons, lessons and more lessons. Seohyun did not have the energy to focus in class. In fact, she was busy looking at the clock, hoping that she could get out of this hell as soon as possible.