hey minseok

hey minseok
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“Minseok.”

 

 

“...”

 

 

“Psst. Hey, Minseok.”

 

 

“...”

 

 

“Hey Minseok, wanna make out? I think we’ve got great chemistry.”

 

 

Minseok pulls off his reading glasses with a sigh. Several hours into his study session and Lu Han is still lazing around in bed, still playing with that Rubik’s cube of his, and still making puns so terrible that Minseok can hardly think straight. Organic chemistry is a bonafide pain in the and while he hates to place his boyfriend in the same category, the constant interruptions aren’t doing a whole lot for his cram session.

 

“Please, Lu Han, not now.” Not once does he look up from his textbook because Lu Han is staring holes into the side of his head and he can’t afford to get sidetracked by that handsome face when his final is only days away. He’ll admit that he’s a buzz kill—and a big one at that—but it’s not his fault that Lu Han would rather bore himself to death in Minseok’s broom closet of a dorm room than properly enjoy the first day of winter. God knows how Minseok would love to run outside and roll around in the snow for a while.

 

But alas, finals week is just around the corner and he doesn’t even have the time to stare out the window longingly anymore.

 

 

Minseok has just pulled out his pink highlighter for some color-coding action when he feels something nudging at his elbow.

 

It’s Lu Han’s foot.

 

“Come on, babe...” Lu Han prods him again and again, as the whine in his voice grows louder, “Let’s take a thirty-minute break. You’re studying so hard I can almost see the steam rising from your head...”

 

“Stop,” Minseok groans, leaning far out of foot’s reach, “I really need to focus, okay? This final is going to decide my grade, and I’m falling behind enough as it is. Besides, I know what you’re getting at and we are not fooling around when Baekhyun could walk in at any moment.”

 

Byun Baekhyun is something of a nuisance in their lives; not so much because he is Minseok’s loud and shameless roommate, but because he is Minseok’s loud and shameless roommate with zero boundaries and a bad habit of barging into their room at the most inconvenient of times.

 

“Let him walk in, then,” Lu Han sits up quickly, sounding hopeful all of a sudden, “That’s never stopped us before.”

 

“The answer is no, and that’s final.”

 

There is a spot of hesitation in Lu Han’s eyes, and it is with great reluctance (and theatrics) that he falls back into the pillows.

 

“And you thought your finals were hard,” he grumbles, messing up his perfect Rubik’s cube to solve it again for the seventh time.

 

Minseok just rolls his eyes and goes right back to studying, though it takes everything in him not to chuckle when the pun finally sinks in.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Minseok.”

 

 

“...”

 

 

“Miinnseookkk.”

 

 

“...”

 

 

“Hey Minseok, I just turned up the heat, which means you can’t give me the cold shoulder anymore.”

 

Minseok swivels around in his chair to find his boyfriend standing by the wall, one hand on the thermostat. Another hour has passed and Lu Han’s plays-on-words have reached a new level of awful.

 

“I’d turn it up higher, but I’m afraid you’ll have a meltdown.” Lu Han’s smile turns -eating and it kind of makes Minseok want to put his own head through a wall. He doesn’t have the time, nor the energy, to entertain anything that isn’t his Holy Bible of a science textbook right now. It’s been a very long day and he can hardly recall what he ate in the morning, let alone memorize a page-full of isomers while his boyfriend cracks winter-themed jokes

Please log in to read the full chapter