Epilogue 2: Still You

Labeled; A Baekhyun Fanfiction

"I spoke at your funeral." Hyeri placed a bouquet of Baekhyun's favorite flowers on his grave. She knelt down in front of his new tombstone. His name was neatly engraved into the stone, along with his birth date and death. His picture was from his nurse license - serious and blank. Nothing like how Baekhyun was. "You would've liked it."

"Tell me about it." Hyeri imagined Baekhyun talking to her. His voice played in her dark mind.

"I told everyone how you liked to sing in the shower, or well, that you sang. If you didn't become a nurse, you had enough talent and looks to be an idol. I told them how you sang the same song each time - my favorite song. I never told you it was my favorite though, I didn't want you to know I listened to you sing in the shower." She took out a crumpled piece of paper from her bag. "I read aloud the note you left me when you went drinking with your friends." Hyeri cleared :

Jagiya, I'm going to be home late. I went out with some of my friends. Don't try staying up because you need all the rest for your lesson tomorrow! Fighting, you're doing great and studying well. I'll introduce you to my friends next time, so don't get upset either. Goodnight, my darling. 
I love you. 
-Baekhyun (the greatest boyfriend ever)

"Being the rebel I am, I waited for you and then you pretended to be mad at me. Speaking of your friends, I saw them at your funeral. They were crying when I read the letter. They were nice, it would've been better if you were there to introduce everyone though. I couldn't remember everyone's name because there were so many of them." Hyeri laughed and balled up the note in her fist. "There were only five of them actually. I just didn't bother to pay attention to what they were saying."

"When I spoke, I imagined you sitting in the back. You were smiling at everything I said and you smirked when I mentioned how you were the only person I knew who knew how to do unique aegyo. You would've liked my speech because I wasn't a crying mess everyone expected me to be. I had a huge smile the whole time I was speaking and even though I wanted to scream at all the random people that once cared about you, I didn't." Hyeri unwrapped the big bouquet. She had decided she wanted to arrange them in the flower holders that were implanted in the tombstones.

"Your mother enjoyed my speech, she was smiling when I talked about all our happy moments. Your father and brother, well, they didn't like it as much." The sound of leaves crunching caught Hyeri's attention, her head turned to the noise. A boy, around Hyeri's age, with brown hair stood in front of a grave two rows down from Hyeri. He had loose flowers in his hand and a small lunch box. He was talking to the tombstone - just like Hyeri.

But Hyeri didn't think much about it, instead she continued on about what she was saying. "I ended it by saying how you were a total creep thinking an unconscious person was hot. I laughed when I said it, but no one else did. I was obviously joking. Seriously, they were so uptight and… sad. I know, I know. It's a funeral, I get it. Sorry, I'm so heartless sometimes." Hyeri pretended as if Baekhyun was there. She guessed beforehand what he would say, cracking jokes, and throwing in sarcasm.

"You would've laughed at it. I know you would've." Hyeri sighed and placed the last flower into the dirty cylinder. "Baek, I've got class. I'll visit you and Darcy tomorrow."

Getting up, Hyeri dusted off the soil on her bare knees. She smoothed out her dress and grabbed her bag. Placing a kiss on the tombstone, she patted it lightly. "Bye Darce, take care of Oppa until I get back." She looked over to the grave to the left of Baekhyun's.

The brown haired boy peered up at Hyeri as she passed him. Hyeri gave him a small smile and continued on her way.

Her car was parked quietly on the cement. Hyeri had gotten it as a gift from Baekhyun's mom. She didn't want her walking home anymore.

She leaned over the steering wheel and inhaled deeply. Quick, hot tears ran down her face and her fist pounded at the wheel. Checking the time, she looked for her pills in her bag. Her hand shook as she poured the pellets from the white bottle. About seven tablets landed in the palm of her hand - way more than she was prescribed to take at one sitting.

Her mind became fuzzy with thoughts of Baekhyun. His smile, sweet voice, perfect features, his touch all ran through her mind, clouding up her system. Baekhyun had filled the void that Hyeri had and she was off her medication when they moved in together. When Baekhyun left, she needed the medicine more than ever, to stop her from falling into deep hell.

Just as she was about to shove all seven capsules into , someone knocked at her window. She faced the person. It was the boy with brown hair. Rolling down her window, her hand fell onto her lap.

"Yes?" She tried her best to fight off the horrible feelings that slowly took over. Her fingers twitching as she blinked away the tears.

"You left this on the ground. I wasn't sure if you wanted to throw it away or not." He held up the ball up note in his hand.

"If you don't mind, could you throw that away for me? I forgot about it and it would be so kind if you -"

"Yeah, it's fine." He cut her off.

"Thank you." She smiled back and her hand shook.

"Don't you think that's a lot of pills? You'll overdose." He asked, an eyebrow going up.

"Yeah, I was about to dump some back into the container. Thanks for the concern." She carefully pushed five back into the bottle. With the boy still there, she quickly shoved the two remaining pills into and took a swig of water.

"No problem. I take depressant medicine too, the same one actually." The boy pushed the ball into his pocket and saluted off. "Well, I'll go now. Have a good day."

Hyeri watched his skinny figure walk back to the tombstone. He sat criss-crossed and began talking, his back facing Hyeri.

"Well at least I know they're working for somebody." She was calm now. Her wet tears went dry and she started her car engine.


Several weeks past, then slowly, months. Hyeri found out the boy's name was Oh Sehun and the person he visits is his mom. Hyeri had told him only her first name, she didn't want to give out her last name. They introduced each other to their loved ones and talked endlessly.

On one bright morning, Hyeri explained how she met Baekhyun in a hospital. She explained how everything started and how she basically lost everyone she loved. Everyone being Darcy and Baekhyun.

"Well you have me now." Sehun smiled and patted her knee. The two had grown close after finding out they were the same age and mostly sat at Baekhyun's grave. Sehun had grown close to Baekhyun too, even though Baekhyun wasn't there. He knew him, but only from what Hyeri told him.

"Sooner or later, you'll leave. Just like these two did. They knew who I really was and natured me, loved me. Then poof, one day they disappeared in the worse way possible. I'm most definitely cursed." Hyeri averted away from Sehun's stare.

"I'm not going to leave. I'll stay, I promise." Sehun picked up her chin.

"That's a careless and empty promise you're making." Hyeri rolled her eyes.

"How?"

"Because you can't promise such things. You're just throwing away promises like they have no meaning." Hyeri could only think of the time when she made an empty promise to Baekhyun.

She promised to love him before anyone else and that they'll live happily together forever. Baekhyun had laughed at her when she said it and told her how it was such an empty promise, that someone could possibly never promise forever to someone.

"Did Baekhyun teach you that?" Sehun ran his hands through his hair. Hyeri nodded.

"He was a smart man. He taught me a lot of things, changed me." Hyeri began crying. It was time for her medicine. Sehun knew it was time also. Rummaging through her bag, he pulled out the white bottle. Gently grabbing her wrist, he opened her palm in front of him. She breathed heavily as he poured two pellets onto her hand.

Sehun guided her hand to and she shoved the pills into . She mastered swallowing without water. When her hand came back down, Sehun still held onto her wrist. Hyeri stared as his huge hands traveled to her fingers, intertwining his and her's.

Hyeri's heart fluttered out of her chest. She hadn't felt something so intense since Baekhyun had touched her. In the first time since Baekhyun had left, Hyeri felt alive. 

Sehun had no control over his actions. His other hand brushed loose strands of hair out of her small face. His hand rested on the back of her head and pulled her in. He kissed her.

First, Hyeri refused to kiss back. Her eyes were shut tight and her lips remained zipped close. 

"Hyeri, it's okay." A small voice erupted inside her small mind. It was Baekhyun's voice.

Sehun had pulled back after Hyeri's reaction. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to-"

Hyeri grabbed Sehun's shirt and pulled him into another kiss. She inhaled deeply, his sweet scent filled her nose. Hot tears rolled down her face. The kiss was so different than Baekhyun's. 

"Please Sehun, I need to be able to trust you. I don't play games, I need someone loyal. I need someone who can make me feel protected by just one touch. I need someone to stay with me." Hyeri let go of Sehun's shirt. Her eyes peered over to Baekhyun's picture on his tombstone.

She missed him.


A few weeks after the kiss, Sehun and Hyeri met up outside of the cemetery. They went on dates and held hands here and there. When Hyeri was with Sehun, she felt whole again. She forgot the pain Baekhyun had left, but it also reminded her of the good times Baekhyun left.

"Sehun-ah, I'm going to visit Baekhyun. It's been almost two weeks without seeing him and I feel bad." Hyeri warmed her tiny hands against her coffee mug. Sipping the hot liquid, she placed her drink back down. Sehun laughed at her and grabbed a napkin, patting her lip.

"You're so cute, you know that?" He held her hand tightly, "Do you want me to go with you?"

"No, it's fine. I want to talk with Baekhyun.... alone." Hyeri averted eye contact. Sehun retreated his hands and crossed them on the table. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a crumpled piece of paper. "Hyeri, I kept this for you." 

It only took Hyeri one glance to know what it was - Baekhyun's note.

"Why?" Hyeri was puzzled. Sehun placed the ball in her hand and closed her fingers over it.

"Because I know it means a lot to you and I know you would've wanted to keep it." Hyeri was speechless at what Sehun was saying. Sehun didn't wait for a response, and changed the topic by asking her, "shall I pick you up later?" 

"Yeah, of course." Hyeri smiled sweetly and got up. Sehun got up too, leaning in to kiss Hyeri goodbye. "I'll see you later." She kissed him softly.

"Okay." 

Hyeri drove to the memorial park - to Baekhyun and Darcy. The road was all too familiar, she knew the street signs all by heart. Parking in her usual spot, she reached for the two bouquet of flowers in the backseat.

Walking up to her spot, she knelt infront of Baekhyun's dusty tombstone. "Baek.. I'm sorry." Fiddling with her fingers, she felt as if Baekhyun was standing in front of her.

"I feel like I've been neglecting you, cheating on you. Everything happened so quickly, you leaving and the kiss. I didn't mean to kiss him, but I heard you. You told me it's okay, so I let myself go." Hyeri's shaking hands unwrapped the flowers from their bindings.

"It's funny how I meet my boyfriends at weird places, but Sehun has been taking very good care of me." Hyeri had to laugh. It was all true, she met people at the most strangest places. First, Baekhyun and Darcy at the hospital. Now, Sehun at the cemetery.

"I'm even off my medication. When I'm with him, I don't think about hurting myself and replaying your tape over again just to hear your voice. I don't have bad thoughts when I'm with him. He makes me feel complete and alive, like how you made me feel. I still think about you, actually, I think about you all the time. You're still in the back of my mind, I could never forget you."

"I want you to know that, I'm still keeping my promise." Hyeri's voice became ghostly. Her voice hung in the vacant air.

"If you don't remember, I had promised you I would love you before anyone else and... I do. I love you before Sehun, without a doubt. It's still you, it'll always be you."

"I love you, Byun Baekhyun. I love you more than you'll ever know." 


This concludes my story! Thank you for reading and following Hyeri on her journey! (: I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing it!!!