Attractive

Hopeless

Kim Hye Ri isn't pretty. 

Ji Won would never describe her as pretty. Sure, she is hot and has a charming smile, but she isn't pretty. Neither is he. He is y and has a way with his words but he isn't handsome.He still remembers when he was bullied for having eyes too small and ears too big and being too short for a boy his age. Kids were mean. 

Although he still has his distinctive features, puberty seems to be doing a pretty good job with him. Its not like now girls throw themselves at him, but he occasionally meets up with some, the kind that don't mind going to see a movie like friends and then ing all afternoon. Maybe its his body. He admits working out. 

Anyways, Hye Ri is anything but special. her eyes are also small, her nose is average, her lips, they are full but they don't match with her face. Her teeth are simply too big. You get the point. So knowing how plain she is, why the hell does so many guys try to hit on her?

Trust him he isn't jealous or anything, but it is annoying. She is anything but special. Given his task of taking care of her, it is annoying to keep boys away from her, especially if she is so flirty herself. 

He doesn't like people talking to Hye Ri and that's a problem. She hates how protective he is. He swears he is just doing it for his brother, but sometimes he isn't so sure. 

You see, Kim Ji Won met her when he was still a squeaky boy. He wasn't like all the other kids though, he didn't believe in magic or Santa Klaus or the tooth fairy; he couldn't even think of another future other than joining his brother's gang. Growing up in a family where his mom never gave a and his father only brought him painful experiences, his older brother was his only hope. 

She was four years younger, a really ugly kid of five years old. She would follow him everywhere he went since her neighbor seemed like a same-aged friend to her. He was really short. Like really. Many times she had gained a few hits from a short tempered Ji Won who hated the fact she was always snooping on his businesses. However, although annoying, she grew on him and for some time she was his hope. 

In the end they became what you would call ''friends'', but many things happened over the years and now their relationship became .

He is now the one who watches over her when his brother isn't there and she is the woman of his older brother; they both can't stand each other. 

He knows he feels something for her, he isn't stupid. He probably has liked her since they were kids. Their relationship became a mess. At first he had put the whole blame on her, he hated her with fervent passion, then he started despising himself knowing the things he did leaded to this, but now he understands it wasn't the fault of any of them, if someone was to blame, it would probably be their parents who never cared enough to help them out in their most important years. 

Hye Ri's dad left her mom when she was pregnant. Ji Won might not understand many things but he knows that if now she is always searching for the attention of boys, whoever crosses her path, it probably has something to do with her dad, and probably also with him.  

A year ago his brother told him to watch her, make her behave, try to make her be faithful even if he wasn't. So now, as Ji Won watches her with eagle eyes, she is casually leaning against a wall, talking rather closely with a jerk who goes to class with her. Goo Jun Hoe, the handsome er, touches her ear with his lips and whispers something that clearly makes her squeal. Ji Won thought he had made pretty clear she was his girl at school but they were some s who just didn't give a single . 

'' Dude they are just talking, come down '' A distressed Han Bin says, clearly noticing his closed fists are almost white

'' Bull '' He whispers as he makes his way towards them. 

Hye Ri notices. Her whole body stiffens cause she knows what's about to happen but doesn't know how to stop it. She lightly shakes her head begging the boy to back off but that goes unnoticed to his fury.

'' What the hell do you think you are doing? '' He yells to the boy who instantly loses his smile. Grabbing her wrist tightly, he signals for his friends to take her to the car  '' You think you can just flirt with my girlfriend and there won't be any consequences? '' he slams the boy to the wall, his hands immediately finding his shirt, making fists with it. 

 

Hye Ri follows Jun Hwan, his arm sliding to her side. She doesn't watch, simply looks at the ground feeling ashamed. Her mind can't stop scolding her. She hates herself right now.

Jun Hwan is a good boy, he never made a move on her, even when she flirted with him. She can see he really appreciates his friends although she doesn't know if he considers her one. He has always treated her like a gentleman, she is thankful but isn't used to it. 

She doesn't see Ji Won until thirty minutes later when he silently climbs to the driver seat. He doesn't look at her, she is glad he doesn't. His cheek has a small cut; she can tell he has been fighting.

His friend says something but she doesn't pay any attention, probably something like '' You won't be able to graduate if you keep doing this '' .   She agrees. 

She is uncomfortable and knows that he can feel it too. They have known each other for twelve years, they certainly notice these things. When they get home and he gets out of the car she flinches, ready for a fight.  

She keeps her eyes on the ground, trying to look regretful. 

'' Hey '' he says, making her lift her gaze   '' I am not mad ''

This is new for her and she almost bursts into tears when she hears that. 

 Hye Ri is glad. 


 

 

 

This chapter balls