Torture

Hopeless

The little girl in woman clothes awakes again in a bed she knows is not hers. Her cold hands pat the space next to her in search for the man who, as usual, left her sleeping alone in a  bed too big for her.

She ignores her body which pleads to be left to rest and gets up, stumbling a bit from the sudden movement. She silently yells at her body that it isn’t the first nor the last time she wakes up feeling like . She checks her messy self in the big mirror in front of her and cringes at the reflection.  Her hair is dry and damaged from all the times she tried to change it blonde, eyes black and hollow from the tiredness of the night before.

She tiptoes her way to the kitchen, only to be welcomed by the glare of a certain lovely boy. He watches her without even blinking; hate burning at the top of his eyes like he wants to rip her head off.  The girl in the big blue dress shirt makes her best effort not to meet his eyes, afraid of feeling guilty and tier than she already feels.

‘‘Good morning handsome ’’   She tries to sound cheerful as she ruffles his hair. However she quickly drops her hand to her side before he can spitefully slap it away like he always does.

As soon as she sits one row apart from him on the stool, he loudly drops his cup of coffee, making it spill a little over the kitchen island. Hye Ri cringes at the action but sits in silence, hurriedly munching over the toast he had left by her side.

He gets up; Hye Ri finally meets his eyes, silently and secretly pleading for him not to leave her alone.  Of course her pleads are left unanswered, but she wins a silent stare that lasts a whole minute, no glares, no fire or hatred behind his clear eyes. She finally notices his torso, firm, standing tall and straight as if her stare defied his strength. His dark hair was messy and his eyes swollen from waking up so early. Somewhere deep in her mind she is actually feeling guilty of ever wanting him so much.

His eyes lower to her body which is only hiding behind the big but not so long dress shirt of another man. It is open so her cleavage is provocatively showing, her hair only bringing more shame into the picture.

Soon she is left completely alone, sighting she dresses up in the room of another man.  Her s are full compared to the bodies of other girls; her skin is pale, annoyingly similar to someone ill. There are marks that penetrate her fair skin, but she likes the way they break the boringly white landscape. They were from rough and hilarious falls, and she likes that.

Her hair is messy as usual, even though she was frowned upon for being fake and having the body of a , she doesn’t really mind.

‘‘Are you getting ready or what? ’’ His husky voice breaks away the peaceful silence of the other man’s room

She smirks at his roughness but says nothing, skillfully buttoning her own school shirt. Slipping into her shoes, she rests a hand on his shoulder, which surprises her a little when he doesn’t try to get her away.

Driving silently to school, he sits still, wondering where her head is at, but too mad to actually ask her. They both deserve better, the sole idea of knowing that makes his rage grow and silent any possible words. Without his knowledge, Kim Hye Ri is far more ahead of those thoughts, thinking how she doesn’t deserve this, how she doesn’t deserve him, there, next to her, trying to act as if everything was just ing alright. She feels bad, she wants to disappear and end with the misery she has been giving to everyone who crosses her path, she wants to stop hurting people and she dreams of a day when she doesn’t things up so bad.

He gets out of the car and opens her door, taking her hand when she gets out and swinging her backpack over his shoulder. She tries not to smile at the action, even though it’s almost a routine already. They walk as if their bodies were stuck together and everyone smiles as they make their way, a bond so deep that even people passing by can feel it’s electricity, simply can’t go uncelebrated. Even if it’s a big ugly lie.

There are only two types of people at school for them. The ones who want to bang them, and the ones who think they are banging each other. And even though both are annoying, they kind of accept them and simply go along with it. Nobody knows the real truth, and how they are connected by far more than a simple ‘‘will they won’t they‘’

Everything around them is ugly and dirty, and Hye Ri knows it is her fault. It’s her fault cause she messed up where she should have never been, and she forced him into her reality, into her problems and her ugliness and her ed up ways- and she hates herself for that.

They stop at her locker, his body crashing at the side of it, holding the little door open. She gets her books out and stuffs them into her backpack, swiftly moving it from his shoulder into hers, tired of him carrying her burdens. She then stiffly looks at him, and he leans into her like they practiced way before, planting a kiss on her temple, while snuffing her hair, whispering softly but with an edge in his words

 ‘’Behave‘’

And Hye Ri knows what he means, she knows what that means and wishes with all her might she could simply behave.

Ji Won was held back twice. She was held back only once.  She's seventeen and he's twenty-one. They are both faults of a system that doesn't accept the fact that kids with home problems can't  do brilliantly well at school. Their teachers believe they are stupid, their friends believe they are stupid, their families believe they are stupid and at this point in life, they seem to agree. 
 
She doesn't have any friends inside school. All of her friends are outside, half of them had given up on education upon learning that nothing in their lives would change and being fed up with the uptight rules, the other half were unnies who had already graduated. She walks through the halls alone, but its always like that. 
The only people she talks to at school are Ji Won, his friends, and the s who believe they can treat her like a . She actually hates school. But although she hates school and feeling alone, she actually wishes Ji Won would graduate.  He wasn't going to normal classes, he was on a special program so he only came sometimes, which allowed him to keep working.  She knows its time for him to move on. 
 
The boys think she is a , something she won't deny after years of people telling her so. The girls are scared of her because of her strong personality and sketchy home life.  In a country where everything is about appearances, she is obviously the target of ignorant people. 
 
When lunch period starts she finds Ji Won waiting for her, an expressionless face watching her intently. Sliding an arm around her neck she walks with confidence as he is by her side. Soon his friends join, Han Bin, the who often stares at her s, and Jin Hwan, the boy way too good to hang out with them.  Their conversation seems meaningless to her and she simply concentrates on the small circles his thumb does on her arm. 
She often forgets what he does isn't actual affection but a reminder that he is watching, that she needs to behave.  She's often suffocated by this. This immense feeling of attraction she feels that is choked up by the constant reminder that she is being controlled, that she can't simply be free. 
Although she struggles, she knows she brought this upon her, so she can't really complain. 
 
However, she can't forget when their relationship wasn't like this. All those years ago. 
How tangled and messy their lives became.