Chapter 2

Mission Hero 202

In November 1st, 2015, New York 4:50 am, a local time.

JaeJoong looked at the city still a few moments before sighing a last time; then he began visiting the apartment which would be his home during the next three months. On his right is a white wall; whereas near the window is a sliding door. The young man opened this one; letting appear a big chamber. The window went along the wall to his left while in front of him is a white wall; a black King size bed was stuck between two night table black and white on each side every of this one. On his right is a big bathroom wall which was glazed. JaeJoong frowned while he looks traveled on the window. He found a remote control hung on near the door and took it before pressing on the button "On". The formerly transparent window became opaque.

JaeJoong shook the head before entering the bathroom, two sinks are on the right with an enormous mirror. A little further, in the corner is a spa bath; in front of him is on the ground one squared rather wide filled with white pebble on the wall be a knob of shower on the side a port towel. The young colonel sighs and removed his clothes little by little and goes to the shower. He goes under the knob  and engaged the hot water. He let this one run along his skin while his muscles relaxed.

After a few minutes under the shower, JaeJoong cut off the water. He goes out and took a white towel in the passage; he dried himself before rolling up the towel around his size. The young man approached the mirror and rubbed the vapor before looking his blue eyes. He took a smaller towel and began to dry his hair while he went out of the room. He pressed on the button " Off " in the passage and leave his room before going to the lounge. He jumped on the white leather armchair and put down the towel  around his neck before taking the brown envelope.

 

As the previous one; he found papers, passport, phone and dictaphone there. JaeJoong repeated the same procedure as the other time; he placed the papers on the coffee table and took the dictaphone. He put play and placed the object in a corner of the table. The same voice broke the silence.

" Agent Kim! You have now reached the second part of your mission… In this envelope, you would find your new identity "

JaeJoong took the ID card and read it. He saw the same photo with different information. Name: Han, First names: Mason JaeJun, : male, Place and date of birth: Manhattan in January 9th, 1993, Nationality: American. He put aside the personal papers before looking at various documents on the South Korean police. He frowned while the voice continued its monologue.

" Your mission, once in Korea, will be to integrate the special police of Seoul. It will be easier for you to spy on the progress of the investigation and to collect more information about your victims. For that purpose, the three months which you will spend in New York will be of a big importance. One of our men, will let you in one of the special teams New Yorker. You will spend this 3 months to build your cover before being moved in the South Korean police»

 

Other information scrolled, but these rang less important for the ears of the young man; he sighed and collapsed into the armchair while he closed his eyes. Before open them and look around him. He gets up and walks towards the kitchen. He saw the filled refrigerator, but hadn't the courage to cook. He took a simple bottle of water and got ready to leave the lounge to go to his chamber when he heard the bell. The colonel stopped and looked at the door while he drank his water.

The bell rang a second time before JaeJoong decides to go open. He unlocked the door and opened it, revealing a woman in about her forty holding a plate of cookies in her hands. behind her, was a teenager with earphones in her ears and arms crossed on her showing her annoyance. Next to her was a young teenager who fixes JaeJoong with big eyes. The woman as for her look with admiration at JaeJoong's body before taking out of her admiration and scraped . This gesture drew the attention of her daughter; this one raised her eyes and looked at JaeJoong with big eyes.

She removed abruptly her earphones without losing sight of the handsome man. The old woman spoke.

" Hello, we are your neighbors, we came to welcome you! "

JaeJoong looked at them a few moments before smiling and speaking.

" Thank you! "

When she sees the reaction of the man, the old woman smiles and gived him the plate of cookies

"You’re welcome! I am Lily, Lily Peters and here are my children»

She showed her daughter

«Here is my elder daughter, Joy! "

The said Joy gave her most beautiful smile and made him sheep's eyes, she held out to him the hand. JaeJoong had no other choice than to shake hands with a light. " Nice to meet you ". Lily continued her introduction and pulled  her son in front of her.

" And here is my youngest, Ethan! "

JaeJoong shook hands that the young boy aimed at him with a smile before appearing in his turn.

" Nice to meet you ! My name is Mason "

Ethan continued to fix the trunk and the arms of JaeJoong. This one noticed it and spoke in an embarrassed voice.

" Oh! I am sorry for my dress, I did not expect a visit "

The girl named Joy  talk out a sudden " It doesn't matter! " Before blushing. They spoke a few moments before the family decides to leave. JaeJoong watched at them leaving with a smile before closing the door.

Once alone, he lost his smile as if nothing happened before ruffling his hair by sighing. He walked towards the kitchen and put the plate on the counter before going to his room. Next to the bathroom is a sliding door, JaeJoong made it slide slowly and sees a dressing room filled with clothes, accessories and shoes. On his right was sports clothes of dark color, in his left was daily clothes and suits. At the bottom was, a shelf filled with shoe in any kinds while next to it was watches, glasses, ties, etc.

JaeJoong advanced and took a simple black T-shirt with a simple dark gray jeans before getting dressed and leaving the room to go again to the lounge.

JaeJoong settled down again on the armchair and began analyzing documents speaking about his infiltration. Without he realizes it, 1 hour had passed by. The colonel looked at the wall clock before getting up and going to the kitchen. However, on his way, he heard a beep coming from his door. He frowned and made a roll on the ground before sticking against the wall. He heard the unlocking of the door, then the opening of this one. JaeJoong followed the wall and stopped in the edges of this one. He heard steps get closer, the colonel turned the head and sees a mirror hung on in the corridor. He sees a shadow and deducted by his shape that; it was a man about 1 m 80 the sound made by his steps let believe that he weigh around 70 kilos. JaeJoong calculated the distance of the man and waited that this one arrives closer before launching his attack.

The steps got closer while JaeJoong made no more movement and no noise. The noise of his breath had stopped making the impression that he had stopped breathing. The man moved forward and JaeJoong attacked him on the side. He tightened his fist, but this one was countered; the young colonel did not delay reacting. He avoided the fist sent to him before making a brush followed by a back acrobatics eventually throw two knocks in the stomach of the opponent.The man moaned before falling on the ground, the young colonel took advantage of the situation to block his opponent on the ground. He placed his fist near the face of the man before speaking

"Who are you?"

The man let a groan go out of his mouth before this one is replaced by a laughter. JaeJoong frowned and moved closer his fist far from being amused before he is cut by the voice of the man. This one spoke in Korean between two laughter  

" YooJoon educated you very well Kid … I am impressed "

JaeJoong frowns at the mention of his father and  felt more frustrating. He repeated his question

"Who are you?"

The man blows and tries to turn the head to his aggressor before saying

" Kim JaeMyung … I am your uncle, kid! "

JaeJoong opened wide his eyes and turns his opponent. Eventually recognize the face of his uncle JaeMyung, the older brother of his father. The young colonel releases his grip and moves back while he watches his uncle sitting down with a perplexed air

" Uncle! Why are you here? "

The old man looked at the young person with admiration. The little boy whom he had left had become a handsome man. Just like his brother, Kim JaeMyung had become attached to the small ball of fat whom was JaeJoong although at the beginning; he had not understood the craze of his younger brother. He  accepted with difficulty that this small recruit is a part of his family. But years passed and the old man becomes fond of his nephew. He left his country while the young boy was old only 13 years and did not see again him any more since. He inquired with his brother who spoke with pride of the exploits of his son. JaeMyung was happy for his nephew and wished to congratulate him.

It is only a few weeks before he receive, a mission come from his homeland where is was asked to infiltrate one of their agent in the QG of the MI6 situated in New York. The old man was far from being enthusiastic before he reads the name of the agent in question: colonel Kim JaeJoong. JaeMyung felt his heart beating of enjoyment, he finally visited his adored nephew.

And now here he is, on the floor looking at his nephew with big eyes. He sees how the little boy whom he had left had become a beautiful young man. Baby's fat had disappeared to let appear dry and angular features. JaeMyung felt a feeling of pride invading him and embraced his  nephew. He move back and pinched the cheeks of JaeJoong before saying with an amused air

" Where is all your baby's fat? "

JaeJoong moan while he try to get free of his uncle. The young colonel moans while he speaks with a bothered voice

" Samchun, I am not a baby anymore ! "

JaeMyung smiles while he releases the cheeks of his nephew to embrace him again. The old man smiles and closes, eyes while he caresses the hair of JaeJoong. He murmurs him a brief

" You missed me kid! "

The young colonel smiles and tightens his grip on his uncle while he answered him

" You too, Samchun! You missed me "

The old man smiled and banged affectionately the head of the young man before getting loose to admire this one

" God, that you grew up ! "

JaeJoong smiles before saying with a teasing voice

" And you, you have ages! "

JaeMyung smiled and got up slowly followed by his nephew. He stretched by . JaeJoong look at him with an air examiner before he speaks

" SamChun why are you here? "

The old man sighs and rubs his hair before saying with a quiet voice

" I am the person in charge of your infiltration "

JaeJoong shook the head and moved towards the kitchen. He had understood that the discussion will be long,  JaeMyung followed the young colonel silently and settled down on a chair near the counter while he continues his narrative.

"11 years ago I have was send for infiltrated MI6 and I stayed there. I work as a simple agent, I am in charge of the logistics and go some time on the ground. My post is perfect to pass and given information to our mother country. I heard that you will infiltrated the NIS in Seoul?"

JaeJoong approaches with a cup of coffee and gives it to his uncle before nodding and confirmed it verbally

"it is exact!"

JaeMyung thanks his nephew before drinking one filled and saying

"I see in this case."

He stops talking when he saw something on the table. He shouted with a childish voice "Cookies!" Before taking the plate. When he sees biscuits his face was illuminated like a child in front of a present. JaeJoong looked at his uncle shocked irritated

"SamChun!"

JaeMyung gave a smile of excuse to his nephew  before taking piece of cookies and continuing to talk.

"Sorry! I meant that you had to integrate the MI6 as quickly as possible. The sooner, the better . Tomorrow we have a test for new agent. It is early but it is only one opportunity which won’t appear during the futures months. I suppose that you do not need a training, according to the information that I received from you. You have highly the qualities required to join the team of ground."

Throughout the explanation of his uncle, JaeJoong fixed a point to the table by shaking the head. He analyze each of the information before rise his head towards his uncle. This one noticed the look and smile when he understood what his nephew thought. He answered him without leaving the time him even to answer.

" Don’t worry! I am already charged with the needs paper. Tomorrow I would take care of your registration, you will have only to appear and to pass the diverse tests "

JaeJoong nods satisfies by the answer. JaeMyung took out a paper with an address registered above as well as the hour and also took out a key before giving them to his nephew.

" Here is the address and the hour! Be on time! And my little gift, you will find it in the garage in the section B6. Papers are in the trunk! "

JaeJoong took them and thanked his uncle. JaeMyung looked at the hour and got up by warning his nephew.

" I am going to leave ! MinHa and AhMyung are waiting for me "

At the mention of his aunt and his cousin, JaeJoong opened his eyes surprised. JaeMyung smiles to the view and answered his nephew

" Our general! Rewarded me for my loyal services and allowed my wife and my son to join me. If the time allows it why would you not make us a visit. I am sure that AhMyung would be happy to see you again"

JaeJoong smiles and nods

"I would ! Aunt MinHa and AhMyung misses me a lot!"

JaeMyung smiles and taps the shoulder of JaeJoong before taking him in his arms and leaving him. He left the apartment; leaving the young colonel alone again. The beautiful angel fixed the door a few moments before sighing and looking at the paper. He sees "XXX Streets, n 178. 10:00 am". He crumpled the paper and looked at the hour, it was 6 pm.

JaeJoong stretched and walked towards the window, He settled down on the ground and take a position of meditation. His back was straight while his hands were on his crossed legs. JaeJoong closed his eyes and breathed profoundly by the nose and expired slowly by the mouth. He repeated several times the same thing. He stayed in this position for one whole hour before opening slowly his eyes and got up slowly. He made some stretching before going to the kitchen, he made a simple dish and put his dirty dish in the dishwasher before going to his chamber. He undressed before diving into the bed and falling asleep until the early hours.

 

At about 5 o'clock in the morning, the young colonel opened his eyes and got up of his bed. He stretched and walked towards the lounge, he switched on the lights and land on his hands and start making a series of 100 pumps. Once finished, he the back and moved on with 100 abs. He got up without hands and stretched the arms and his legs before making some series of classic movement of martial arts. He stretched one last time before going to the kitchen where he drank a bottle of water and had a breakfast. He took advantage of this quiet moment to relax before the day does begin. JaeJoong got up and placed his dishes in the kitchen sink before walking towards his chamber.

He entered the bathroom and removed his boxer before going under the knob of shower and put the cold water. The water woke his muscles, he stayed under the water for few minutes before washing himself and going out. He dried himself and rolled up the towel around his size before brushing his teeth. He dried his hair before going out of the bathroom and going to his dressing room. He put on a black boxer and dropped the towel on the ground before walking towards the basic clothes. He opted for a white T-shirt collar V and a black jeans slim. He put a watch in his wrist and took a pair of rising grey sneaker of the mark Jordan. He takes a bag and puts in a black pair of shorts and a grey sleeveless T-shirt. He took in the passage a leather jacket before taking the bag and going out. He looks at the hour and sees that it was 8 am. He verifies again the route and took his keys before going out.

He walks in the corridor and sees both children of last time, Joy and Ethan. The latter noticed JaeJoong and smile to him by making a sign to him.

" Hey, Mason! "

In the mention of his name, the girl turned the head to JaeJoong and smile when her look crossed the magnificent blue eyes about which she had dreamed. She spoke

" Hello Mason! "

JaeJoong smiles to them and greeted them.

" Hello Ethan! Hello Joy! What are you doing ? "

The girl wanted to answer but his young brother outstripped her  far from being conscious of the black look that his sister to throw to him.

" We go to the school! And you? "

JaeJoong smiles to the young boy and ruffles his hair.

" I am going to have an interview for a job "

Ethan shakes the head, three people continued to speak while they walk towards the elevator. During all the route, Ethan spoken with JaeJoong while Joy  fix the young man silently. Once arrived at the ground floor, JaeJoong and both teenagers separated. The Colonel greeted Ethan and walked towards the parking lot by looking for the square B6. When he found it, he sees a magnificent motorcycle black and silver. JaeJoong whistled to the view satisfies of the machine. He opened the trunk with his key and took out a black and white helmet. He verified papers before of bestridden the machine and  putting the contact. He went out of the parking lot and rolled towards his destination.

He drove for almost half an hour before arriving at his destination. He parked and looked at the building. He frowns and looks his watch 9:40 am. He removes his helmet  and cut the contact before coming down from the motorcycle, he removes his key and hold the helmet in his right hand before he goes into the building. He looks around him before going towards the reception. A young woman, looked at him and smiles to him before speaking.

" Can I help you Sir? "

JaeJoong looks at her and returned her his smile before speaking with a soft voice.

" Yes, I came to have an interview! "

The young woman looked at JaeJoong greedily and answered him with an enormous smile.

" Of course ! May I have your name please? "

" Han Mason. "

The young woman nods and typed the name in the base. She indeed sees the name of the young man registers for the maintenances for agent. She looked at the young man and smiles to him again before speaking.

" You are registered! You can go to the 15th floor by taking this elevator. You would find  a waiting room there where you will be waiting before that we call your name "

JaeJoong listened to the indications of the young woman and nods before thanking her and leaving towards the elevator. Once far, the young woman got up and followed the handsome man. When he disappeared in the elevator, she sighed and collapsed in her chair by sighing

" I hope that he will be taken ".

On his side, JaeJoong pressed on the button 15. He went against that the numbers begin only at 15 before ending in 25. The colonel understood that it was about an elevator only reserved for the agents. A ting re-tautened indicating arrived sound before door metallic open. JaeJoong goes and saw numerous people waiting. Some spoken about the others staying in their corners. JaeJoong looked at them before putting himself in a corner, he heard part of discussed before he hears a familiar voice

" Hey, kid ! "

JaeJoong raised the head and sees his uncle walk towards him. He frowned while he heard whispers. The young colonel moaned inside before complaining in Korean

" Aish Samchun! "

JaeMyung smiles before laughing and approaching his nephew. He embraced him and ruffled his hair.

" You’re on time ! "

JaeJoong looks at his uncle and frowns.

" I always have been punctual at least after my 15 years "

JaeMyung laughter but was cut by one of his colleagues who announced him that it was soon the hour. He looks his watch and nods before telling him that he would soon arrive. The old man looks at his nephew and taps him the shoulder.

" I see you during the test! I have to go there the rest belongs to you! "

JaeJoong nods  and watches his uncle leaving before reinstalling against the wall. He looks his watch ignoring the looks. Few minute later, a man in about twenty arrived in front of them with a list in his hands. He inspires before speaking

" Let’s starting ! You would be divided in groups of 10! When I’m saying your name entered by this door. One of my colleagues will take care of you. Good! "

He took the first sheet before saying names

" ADAM … ALLEN … ANDERSON … BAKER … BELL … BROWN … CARTER … COLLINS … DAVID and DIAZ "

He raises the head and looks at the remaining people before saying

" The others wait "

Then he left the room, JaeJoong sigh and close his eyes while waiting for patiently his tour. He heard noises and opened an eye. People left the room, some had the smile and joins their friends while others  almost cry. JaeJoong understood that he had  been refused, he looked at his watch and sees that almost one half an hour was collapse. JaeJoong sighs knowing that his day was far from being finished.

The same man of later goes out again and announced " I’m saying the names of 10 next ones " before beginning

" EDWARDS … ELLIS … EVANS … FISHER … FLORAE … GARCIA … GREEN … HAN  and HARRIS "

When JaeJoong heard his  surname, he walked slowly towards the room . He looked at people around him, 4 girls was present with 5 other boys. A woman in suit joined them before explaining them what they have to do. She attributed them a number and asked them to sit down in the increasing order. JaeJoong received the number 9,he left settling down and waited patiently for his tour. In his left was a young woman who play with the end of the fingers under the blow of the stress, in his right was a fair handsome man with blue eyes. Which looks at the person who appear. JaeJoong did not really pay attention and put sound looks on the jury. He sees men take note while his uncle seem to play with a ball-pen while listening vaguely the candidate number 2. JaeJoong sighs and shakes the head before paying attention on what said the other candidates.

The time passed fast and maintain him to continue his tour. The inspectors had arrived at the file of the number 8. JaeJoong turns his head and observes his neighbor while the jury speaks.

" Aaron Green … "

The man says a brief "yes" while the leafed down inspector his file.The old man nods satisfies before raising his head.

" You are awarded a diploma by University of New York in criminology. You had of very good result,prove you  speak Spanish very usually. You had numerous rewards in sport … "

The man puts down the file on the table and looks at the number 8 with joint hands

" Tell me what is your main motivation and why? "

JaeJoong continues to look at his neighbor while this one answer the question. JaeJoong smiles and looks in front of him when he understood that the man had no real motivation. The jury stopped asking questions before they passes to JaeJoong. The colonel looks at the people silently while these one take his file. The man of the center read his name in a loud voice " Han Mason " before stopping. They show the surprise on their faces and whispers. JaeJoong frowns and looks at his uncle. JaeMyung  look proudly at his nephews with a smile.

The man of the center hawks and looks at JaeJoong before reading in a loud voice his file.

" You are an university graduate of Columbia, you made a public Master's degree in business. Your results  was classified A . You speak  mandarin,  Korean and Russian. You are belt black 3th dan in Karate and in Judo and red belt in ju-jitsu. You have numerous rewards in sport … "

JaeJoong squeezes his fists and looks at his uncle before looking at the jury ignoring the candidate other people's opinions.

" Tell me your main motivation and why? "

JaeJoong sighs and speaks.

" I lived in a military family … My father and my uncle always learnt me the values and urge to do good around me. I think that growing up surrounded by these strong men and filled with value one urge me follow their way. "

JaeJoong looks at his uncle who’s looking at him with pride, the young colonel smiles to him before looking at the men of the jury who nod their head. They thanked him before passing to the last candidate. After the introduction of this one. The men consulted each other and announced the people selected player

" Mister Green … Miss Bell and Mister Han you have been  selected. You can return to the room and  wait for the next test. The others you could leave from now on "

JaeJoong greets juries before leaving quietly the room, he heard rustles and noticed looks. JaeJoong ignored them as usual before returning to his place. He lowered  the head and waited that they call him. Some hour later the first one makes out a will was stopped and juries going to proceed to the second tests. It was about one examined medical on the physical and phycological. JaeJoong passed the first ones. The doctors made him  batteries of tests while on sides juries take notes when the chief doctor announced them the results in a loud voice.

Even there the old men were surprised with the results . The psychological state of JaeJoong exceed quite the expectations of the superior. Having taken the tests to the candidates we selected the most capable before sending back the others at their home. JaeJoong made parties of the finalists. After a break, they sent the group remaining towards the floor superior where were the shooting galleries.

They gave vest adorns bullet, helmets for ears and safety glasses before attributing them to a stand .Every candidate had a series of pistol with behind them an agent who hold a pad to estimate the performances of the candidates.We gave them the signal and JaeJoong taken the pistol without hesitation and began firing at the target with a posture completes .His body don’t move in spite of shocks of the weapon. He emptied his charger under the looks dazzled by the persons present in the room. He unloaded his weapon and secured  it before putting it on the table in front of him.

He removes his headphones and his glasses to see the results while the supervisor approaches to take notes. He was surprised when he saw that JaeJoong had touched all the vital point of the target in a clear way and specifies. He took note and asks JaeJoong to rebegin again but this time by touching the places which can destabilize the opponent. JaeJoong nods simply the head and puts on again his protections before taking another rifle. He inspires and empties again his charger on the target without any hesitation. Once the charger is empty, he repeated the same operation of the first time. The assessor approaches again and shakes the head satisfied while he takes note of the results. He touch the shoulder of JaeJoong and tells him that he could join the other stage before the others.

JaeJoong shakes the head and removes his protections before going towards the exit under the looks examiners of his companions. Juries seemed vague, but when the supervisor of JaeJoong approached them and explained it the situation, they nod and the three of them followed JaeJoong towards the physical test. JaeJoong arrives in at the gym and the coach showed him the changing rooms. JaeJoong changed and returned to the gymnasium.

They asked him for basic exercises before the exercises become more hard. JaeJoong success brilliantly. He had just finished the test when the others entered the gymnasium. They look at JaeJoong with big eyes when they see a breathless and sweaty JaeJoong. They already knew that this test is going to be far from being easy. The juries which had remained in the shooting gallery joining their colleague and discussed  of JaeJoong while this one returns towards the changing room. He ignores the others and quickly goes to the shower. He washed himself before getting dressed again and going out. He sees his companions in the execution of the exercises, JaeJoong sees his uncle make him sign with an enormous smile. The young man frowns and goes to his uncle who found to be accompanied with the other juries. JaeJoong approaches before looking at them until they speak. One of them hawked and spoke.

" Han Mason … We having analyzed your very promising file as well as your results in the diverse tests which was more than satisfying. We attribute you agent's title of the MI6 as well as a post in one of our best teams. Congratulation! "

The men applauded him while JaeJoong thanked them humbly. Each of the juries shook hands of JaeJoong by welcoming him before going to the group which take the test. The last man typed the shoulder of JaeJoong by telling him

" I leave the rest to your uncle. He will explain you the continuation  "

JaeJoong shakes the head and thanks him before turned  the head to his uncle who  look at him with a big smile. JaeJoong sighs and start speaking in Korean

" Do not look me at like that old man! You knew that I was going to have the post then why this joyful air? "

JaeMyung smiles and crosses the arm around the shoulders of his nephew before answering

" I am just proud of my nephew! "

He goes to going out  with JaeJoong before ruffled the hair of this last and sayed

"Follow me ! AhMyung-ah wants to see his Hyung! "

JaeJoong looks at his uncle and smile before following his uncle. JaeJoong walked towards his motorcycle while his uncle smiles

" Do you like my present? "

JaeJoong looks at his uncle and nods with a smile. They rose in vehicles respective before they drive in the streets of New York. After a few minutes, they stopped in front of a small house. JaeJoong parks and walks behind his uncle. This one opens the door and shouts

" I’m return and guess who I brought with me?! "

We heard race go to the entered while JaeJoong had just made entered sound. A teenager appeared and shouted " Hyung! "

Before jumping  in the arms of JaeJoong, the young colonel releases his affairs and rolls up his arms around his cousin before turning  with this one

" Myung-ah ~ "

A sweet woman had entered the corridor and smiles to the view before speaking with a soft voice

" Good return at home JaeJoong-ah ~ "

JaeJoong smiles and looks at the hurdy-gurdy woman before saying

" I am back my aunt "


Here we go I have a problem with the first edition. So there it is! 
Like I said, I sorry for the language I know that sometimes you have some difficulties to understand what I mean.
But if someone can help me to check up my chapiter it' would be very helpful 
By the way, please let me a comment with your thoughts, it's help me to know what is good or not... and if you have one give me your advices.


I love you