Chapter 1

Mission Hero 202

Winter, 1996, region of Ryanggan

The snow fell, covering the landscape; the sound of  barking dogs followed by suffocated voices spread. Latecomers rushed to their homes and soldiers filled the streets, on  their guards. Three groups of six men circulated in the city accompanied by two guard dogs.

A small group of orphan children ran with great difficulty in the snow, bare feet; with four men ran after them with a dog.

The children were terrified; one of themwas a young boy no more than nine years old whom was holding the hand of another frail looking five year old. His small legs made it difficult to follow the rhythm of the older children. While the men approached, the little boy stumbled and fell in the snow; the older child tried to pulling his junior back up, but had no more strength.

He panicked, noticing one of the men now fairly close to their location and looked at the little before getting up. Shocked by his attitude the youngest looked at his hyung distance himself from him and spoke.

« Hyung… Yihan Hyung…» 

The named boy Yihan looked at his peer one last time before dashing away from him without glancing back.

The small angel cried out Hyung's name while tears flooded his face. He tried to get up, but it was already too late, the men had caught up him.

One of them captured the kid as he kept struggling while calling for his Hyung but stopped eventually. In spite of his age, he was aware that he had been abandoned and that there was no more hope. The man who was holding him dragged the little boy towards the main street where a military jeep was waiting for them. Some other children are were also there, head lowered as they cried. The man pushed the small angel in the same room and left with other men before the jeep had started to roll an unknown place.

The little boy curled up in the corner and looked at the landscape unfold in front of his blue eyes. An unknown feeling took over him as he recalled the memory of his abandonment. He frowned and gritted his teeth while clenching his hands to form fists. One of the men smiled at him, recognizing the emotion displayed in the eyes. It was hatred.

After hours on the route, the jeep stopped in front of a barrier. A soldier identified the driver and greeted him before opening the gates. The car entered an underground tunnel before stopping in front of an enormous hangar shine by numerous lights. Five other jeeps came in and they finally let the children out.

 

The small kid  looked around him in  panic, as the man of earlier  pulled him out  and put him on the ground with many other children. He played with the pieces of fabric which were being  used  by him as clothes.

A man who could hardly follow the others approached; soldiers ordered the children to line up in  ranks according to their height, therefore he was put in the front line.

Then comes in an old man ;which was no other than Kim Jong-Il, commander-in-chief of the army. When he stepped in front of them, the soldiers greeted him in unison , a hand on their hearts. The loudness of their voices frightened the small angel.

« You are here today to be a part of a new military special force. You will be  trained by the best so that you become the best. You will be to serving me, and also our republic! "

After the speech ended, commanders left the place leaving the fate of the children in  the hands of the guardians who led them in separate rooms one by one. When the small angel’s turn arrived, they pushed him in a dark room where the center of it  was illuminated by a simple lamp. In front of the desk was a man in uniform with, behind him, two other guys also dressed the same way. He recognized the man from the jeep.

A soldier pushed him in before closing the door: and the place became even darker. The man on the chair spoke.

“Sit down»

The small angel complied and approached the free chair that was a little higher than him. One of the soldier lifted him on it.

The little boy remained silent while the man in front of him stared. «Family Name! »

The kid jumped, but answered in his small voice

«I do not have one, Sir»

The old man grumbled and shouted

«Louder! »

The boy jumped again and repeated his answer

«I don’t have one, Sir! »

The old man smiled and continued

«First name?!"

“YoungWoong, Sir!”

 “Age?”

 “5 years old, sir! "

The man stopped, frowning at the little boy 5 years old, before turning his head towards the man of the Jeep.

«Colonel Kim what is this. What are we going to do with a 5-year-old kid?! "

The said colonel Kim spoke.

«The younger they are the easier it is for us to raise them! »

The man grumbled and looked at the colonel with threatening eyes.

«You will be responsible for this child! »

The interrogation resumed.

«Your parents!? »

The child lowered  his head before answering

«I don’t have any, sir! »

Colonel Kim spoke

«The kid is an orphan! His mother was probably by a Russian soldier which made her abandon the baby after his birth. The orphanage takes care of babies up to a certain age before throwing them to the street. They are then taken in by a  group of other orphans. When we found him, he was with the  group, but they abandoned him to save their own skin. »

Upon hearing that the said colonel, small YoungWoong felt negative feelings invading him like earlier. He clenched his fists while looking down. The man shook his head and noted the information on  the document. They took the measurements of the child and attributed him a number before making him get out. Another soldier was waiting for him outside to lead him to showers. They shaved his raven hair and gave him a uniform to his size.

One of the soldiers spoke in a  monotonous voice.

"From today, you will be the soldier n°502233 don’t forget!"

The small crowd shouted altogether.

"Sir yes, Sir! »

 

The hours passed and the night eventually arrived. YoungWoong was lying on the mattress who will be his for the next few years. He looked at the ceiling holding in tears. The instructor was very strict and did not hesitate to hit at the slightest error.

Small YoungWoong wasn’t an exception in spite of its age. On the contrary his supervisor seemed to be harsher with him than with the others. But the small angel did not allow himself to cry. He was going to become strong so that he wouldn’t need to count on anybody anymore. Nobody would be able to abandon him then. He closed his exhausted eyes

 

19 years later,

Two men dressed in uniform walked slowly inside the corridors of the military base. One of the two both wore a cap to hide his white hair which had began to grow. The man appeared to be of old age, about fifty. At his side, was walking a much younger man. That one was carrying the cap in his hands letting his hair ravens short cut flow out around his juvenile face. The most striking trait about him was his eyes. The dull and icy blue, freezing the air. Both wore numerous medals as well as a badge where was written the name Kim.

They continued to move forward until they reached  a certain door where a guard checked on them.

«Please identify yourself ! »

The old man removed his headgear before speaking

«Number 023598. Colonel Kim YooJoon, Captain of the brigade black Snake! "

The soldier nodded and greeted him looking at the other man who imitated the elder in a quieter voice.

«Number 502233. Colonel Kim JaeJoong, Captain of the Special team Black Dragon! "

The soldier widely opened his eyes upon recognizing the youngest Colonel of the history. He snapped out of it before greeting him and letting them pass. JaeJoong moved forward followed closely by YooJoon; the latter put back his headgear, amused.

«Student surpassing his master! Saw how this soldier looked at you with admiration? Whereas I was put on the side … I’m getting old …»

JaeJoong rolled his eyes and looked at the older.

«You are getting old, old man....You need to get used to that ! »

YooJoon looks at his junior with a smile before passing an arm around the shoulder his shoulders.

«That’s not a way to speak to your old father! Ungrateful son, I shouldn’t have raised you so well.»

JaeJoong laughed and continued walking. Kim JaeJoong, formerly YoungWoong, was adopted by his guardian, the colonel Kim YooJoon, two years after the young man had joined the base.He was trained by his father, previously the youngest colonel of the history till the student surpasses the master.Kim JaeJoong was promoted to the rank of Colonel at the age of 18 while his father had been since 22. Both men were respected and their missions were always successful. Only JaeJoong, at the age of 19, was selected, along with the bests, to be a member of a secret program allowing only high class soldiers to become spies. He had never spoken about what happened in that training camp. JaeJoong was one of the rare agents to have survived it. It had totally changed him. When he returned at the age of 22, the title of captain was attributed to him as well as a special team named the Black Dragon.

Both Kim’s stopped in front of a double door. JaeJoong put its headgear and straightened it up while his father arranged his uniform. They took a deep breathe before entering. In the center of it was a gigantic table where a map of the sea was showing various red threads representing their ships and blue threads representing the American’s. On side of the board had numerous representatives, with, at the end of the table, Kim Jong-Un. He took the place  of his father and was managing the country in a different way.The first thing that did once at the power, was to eliminate all the spies Kim Jong-Il's control and to send them abroad. Only some were saved like JaeJoong and his father.

YooJoon and his son greeted the leader and sat down at their respective seats. The meeting started when the last person arrived. The precise purpose of this meeting was to introduce the new mission. This one was simple, he wanted to send a special agent to South Korea and eliminate all the sent fishes. The explanations were given while JaeJoong frowned, having a bad presentiment about it. He turned around to his father who had the same expression shown on the face. Both knew that only the only man whom had to have a high enough level of intellectual capable of this exploit was no other than …

«Colonel Kim JaeJoong …»

Yes, Colonel Kim JaeJoong.

YooJoon lowered his head while JaeJoong regained his composure.

«Yes, Sir! N 502233, Colonel Kim Jae Joong! "

Kim Jong-Un looked at the soldier who got up and recognized the young man who had received numerous prizes coming from his father. He had heard that soldier who was the youngest Colonel who had been successful on their secret program. Even if he had given the order to eliminate all spies, he had saved both colonel Kim’s. These two men were essential to the army. He made a sign for his second in line to speak as he wanted to see the young colonel’s reaction. 

"Colonel Kim Jaejoong, we assign you the Mission Hero 202. You will be sent to China for your second task. Afterwards, You will have to move to the United States to build your cover. Then, you will stay there for 149 days before you finally will have to establish yourself in South Korea where you will begin you real mission . More information will be explained to you in due time. You have 48 hours to get ready before your departure!"

JaeJoong did not budge while the man talked. YooJoon as for him, looked at his son with pain in his eyes. He had dedicated his whole life to the army. And it is the same army that had given him a son, but it was also going to take him away from him. His son, whom he had educated and loved in spite of his strict behaviour instruction. JaeJoong was his biggest pride, even though if he was not his biological son.

JaeJoong sat down again as the meeting ended. All the people present waited for the permission of their supreme leader before getting up.

This one allowed it them while he leave the room. The only ones who stayed was YooJoon and JaeJoong. The latter had removed its headgear; his elbows pressing on the table. He sighed while YooJoon approached his son. He went behind him and placed his right hand his shoulder. He stared in front of him, concealing his pain, and tightened his grip showing his son that he was there. JaeJoong lifted his head and smiled to him.

«Does not make this head old man … It is not as if I was going to die! »

YooJoon wrinkled the face by saying himself «If only it could be true" .Except that he knew very well, just like Jae Joong, that this mission was of pure suicide. Not only because of the fact that the sent spies are very strong but also because of the South Korean police. The old man let laughter go before saying in a low voice.

«Ungrateful Little brat! »

JaeJoong got up and embraced his father. YooJoon was surprised at first, but he smiled painfully; his right hand ruffling his son’s hair. JaeJoong closed his eyes while he took advantage of the heat that cleared his father before saying in a low voice.

«I promise you that I will return except dad! »

YooJoon smile and continued with his embrace. 

«I will wait for you for you, son! »

«Then would you care to share one last one meal and glass with your old father? »

JaeJoong smile and replied in an amused tone

«Only if it is you who pays, old man»

YooJoon laughed and locked his arm around the shoulders of his son before saying amused.

«Ungrateful brat! It is not a way to address your father! "

 

Both men laughed as they approached the exit. They went out to a  village not far from the base and entered in one of the cheap restaurant. They settled down in a table at the back and asked for two meals and a bottle of alcohol. They ate and drank, enjoying their last moments spent together.

 

October 27th, 2015 - Base A7, region Ryanggan, 24 hours exceeded.

JaeJoong was in his chamber resting on the cold floor, back leaning against the wall. He stared, impassively, at the wall on which numerous documents were hung on. JaeJoong sighed and got up. He grasped a T-shirt and his jacket before going out in the corridor still tors . He wandered in the corridors, whom were empty because of the curfew imposed on the young ones. He got dressed and went into the training room. The place was dark, illuminated only by a few lights, JaeJoong train for the close combat before stopping at the sight of something unusual. He abruptly turned around and threw his knife at the shadow. The blade missed the head of the man by a mere centimeter."Brigade? Name?"

The man straightened himself up and put his hands up and spoke with  his hoarse voice

"Brigade 48 Soldier N 586853 Lee Yi Han"

JaeJoong looked at him with a cold eyes before the soldier answered, hesitant.

"YoungWoong- Ah … .it’s … .me … .Yihan … your Yihan Hyung”

JaeJoong continued to glare, unreactive.

“I know that ! What do you want?”

Yihan sighed and approached

"YoungWoong … I"

JaeJoong stopped him clear 

"It’s Colonel Kim! Do not forget your place Soldier Lee”

He resumed his knife practice and got ready to leave the place. Yihan wanted to stop him, but the former cut him

"You better get back to your room Soldier Lee otherwise I should report you for breaking the curfew"

He left the place without ever turning around just like he had done 19 years ago of it

 

October 29th, 2015 - Base A7, region Ryanggan, 48 hours exceeded, 02:00 am

It was dark everybody was sleeping except for Generals and high ranked officers who knew about the Mission Hero 202. JaeJoong was wearing a pair of khaki pants with black boots. He had put on a black sweater and leather jacket over. At his feet was a khaki linen bag, in front him all the soldiers and his father. He jumped, startled at someone calling for him.

"Colonel Kim JaeJoong"

JaeJoong greeted

"Yes Sir! N 502233, Colonel Kim Jae Joong!"

General Lee in charge of the mission moved closer.

"You have to live and return as the pride of the country! Or die as a hero!"

JaeJoong looked at the man saluted him "Yes Sir! " The men left one by one except for YooJoon who stayed until the end. He looked at his son and squeezed his shoulder. 

"Return to me alive son!"

JaeJoong smiled to him and squeezed his father’s arm and said

"I will return return father. And I will make have you proud."

YooJoon smiled and ruffled the hair of JaeJoong

"You already are, JaeJoong… You are my biggest pride…"

JaeJoong smiled but his moment with his father was interrupted by a soldier who told him it was time to leave. JaeJoong sighed and nodded, He looked at his father one last time and patted him on the shoulder before taking his bag and walking towards the jeep waiting for him. He got up in the back seats and looked at his old man, amused.

"Pay attention, you old man! Don’t get killed before I come back!"

" Same for you little brat !  I do not wish to see my son dead before me !"

The car leaves after one last glance and disappears into night. YooJoon sighs and still stayed  a few extra minutes staring at the horizon before turning around and returning to the base.

The way back was silent for YooJoon. The young Colonel had arms crossed on his trunk with the low head and his eyes closed. He was resting although he was completely conscious of what was surrounding him. 3 hours of the road will be needed before he would arrive at YanBian.

The car finally stopped and JaeJoong got off. He took his bag and adjusted his cap so it could hide his face. The soldier who accompanied him gave the man a piece of paper with an address written on it.

“It’s inside the restaurant; order a bowl of black noodles and say the secret code. A man known under the name of Big Bear will give you your next instructions. Good luck!"

JaeJoong took the paper and thanked the soldier. The latter saluted before getting back into the car.

JaeJoong looked around him and fixed his attire before heading towards his destination. He stumbled across numerous people on his way. It was now 6 in the morning and people were getting out to work. He walked for a few hours before arriving in front of the restaurant.

JaeJoong sat down at a free table away from the others. An old man around thirty approached with a smile on the lips. He asked him in Chinese:

"Mister welcome! What would you like to eat?"

JaeJoong looked at the man and asked for black noodles before directing his attention at the sky and said in perfect Chinese

"I think that it's going to rain this evening. I wonder if we’ll see the Great Bear."

The waiter’s smile faded; and he bowed before replying  in a quiet voice

"I bring it to you right away."

He rushed inside and later a young woman holding onto a dish of black noodle came out. JaeJoong began to eat in silence. He wiped his mouth at the end and left some money  under the bowl. He then got up and walked away.

He met the same man, whom shoved into him. JaeJoong smiled without stopping his walking, feeling the envelope which was given to him in his jacket.

He went to a small inn where he booked a small chamber for night. Once inside he put his bag down and took out the brown envelope and opened it. He found falsified identity papers, passport and plane ticket, telephone as well as some money. There was also a Dictaphone. JaeJoong take it and put Play before putting it next to him. A voice broke the silence.

"Agent Kim! In this envelope you will find papers regarding your new identity."

JaeJoong spread out the papers and saw an ID card where the name James O’Neil was printed on. Age: 22 years. Nationality: American. Place and Date of Birth: Florida, March 19th, 1993. : male. There was a photo of him displaying perfectly his foreign traits.

"You also have a plane ticket going to New York on the day of October 31st. Meeting will be at xxx. Buy what is necessity to be seen as a tourist. The next information will be given to you when the second stage will succeed."

JaeJoong looked at the papers and picked them back up. He then carefully erased the message and destroyed the object completely before throwing it out.

He lied on the bed and looked through the window before taking a nap. He slept until evening and woke up. Then he went out to ate. When he got back the innkeeper called out to him and informed him that somebody had left with his keys. He thanked her and took the key, on this one was stick a label with the brand of the car and the license plate.

He return in his chamber and slept till 3 am. He woke up early and took his stuff already prepared before coming down. Once outside the inn, he went to a car parked in a corner. He entered and threw his affairs to quote him passenger. He bent and took a note stuck below his seat and known where he had to abandon the car. He put the contact and leads to Changchun his next destination. He led during 18 hours stopping only to fill up.

It was 9 pm when he arrived, he parked the car in the place he was asked to before taking his stuff and burning the proofs. He then took a taxi to the city center, and ranted another room in another small inn. He ate, washed and had a good night of sleep.

He got up near 4 am in the morning and called another taxi to bring him to the airport where an agent made him board a plane in secret. The flight lasted 1:55 am before he arrived, without incident, in Beijing.

JaeJoong looked at around him and saw numerous foreigner. He sighed and went to a clothing store. He bought a pair of black jeans, a gray T-shirt, a red shirt and a more fashionable leather jacket with boots. He also bought a pair of sunglasses. He gave his worn out clothes to the mendiants and walked towards security guard.

JaeJoong approached the old man and handed him a paper with before addressing him in Chinese.

"One of my friends dropped off my camera. I would like to take it"

The man shook his head and went looking for the device before giving it to JaeJoong. This one thanked him and taken out now that the cover was completed, he went little by little to the airport to take his flight. On his way, he took some photo, playing so completely his tourist's cover. He arrived at name and went to the recording. He showed his passport and his papers, he registers his luggage and goes to the boarding gate waiting in a corner his flight . He looked around him analyzing the people, it had become a habit in time. JaeJoong crossed arms on his and closed eyes by lowering the head paying attention on his circle of acquaintances. A few minutes later, a feminine voice taking out loudspeakers made him open eyes. He got up and walked towards the line to embark. Once arrived in front of the young woman, JaeJoong gave her a beautiful smile before tightening his passport and his plane ticket. The hostess returned him her smile and tells him with a soft voice to follow the corridor.

The young man took back his paper without forgetting to thank her before following her  indications, he followed the corridor and arrived in front of the door of the plane where a steward waited for him. JaeJoong gave him his ticket, the man took it and he show his seat with a smile. The colonel, thanked him and managed towards his place where he  found out; a teenager who shouts to her mother,placed just behind her, that she did not want to sit alone next an unknown persone. She threaten her mother by telling her that if her neighbor was one hurdy-gurdy man, she was going to throw a fit. JaeJoong smile inside before stopping in front of his seat, both women stopped and stared at him. The colonel removed his sunglasses that he had put back to let appear his magnificent blue eyes. He gave them his most beautiful smile before speaking with his attractive voice

" Sorry to cut you but I just wanted to settle down "

The teenager look at JaeJoong with big eyes and a mouth wide open. She was to hypnotize by the handsome man in front of her; in her head she began thanking all the existing gods before settling down suitably in her seat forgetting totally her mother and the conversation which she had previously. JaeJoong put his glasses away and settled down in his seat without paying attention to the girl next to him.

The journey went off in the silence, JaeJoong did not speak; reading attentively newspaper available on his side the girl looked at him a few times. JaeJoong smiles knowing what she did; in spite her discretion. 

 


After 18 hours, the plane landed on the American ground. After the plane landed, JaeJoong took his stuff before getting up and walked towards the exit. He greeted politely the members of staff before taking the shuttle which drove them inside the building. JaeJoong picked his bag before walking towards the customs, his body wrinkled little, but he relaxed a little once his tour arrived. He smiles to the customs officer and gived him his papers in a relaxed way. The man began asking him questions

" James O’Neil? "

JaeJoong smiles and nods before saying with a joyful voice

" Yes sir  "

The man smiled and continued his questions

"Where are you from?"

JaeJoong puts down his bag on the floor before answering

" Beijing! I have just finished my 3 months journey. I visited a little China "

The man smiles and nods 

" And what's your plan now? "

" I do not know..., I think that I will visit another country... But for the moment; I would like to rest and visit my family. "

The man smiled and give back papers at JaeJoong

" Well enjoy your stay "

JaeJoong smiled to him and took his papers without forgetting to thank the man and leaved the place. He crossed the door and lost his smile before continuing his way. He saw numerous people waiting for the newcomers with posters of " good returns", of "welcome " and name. JaeJoong scrutinized the crowd before seeing an Asian man holding a sign with the name "James O’Neil". The young man went to this one and greeted him before following him.

The driver opened the door of a Black Berlin before closing it once JaeJoong was inside. The route was silent, the young colonel fixed the landscape scrolled. The car stopped at a red light before the driver gived him a brown envelope. JaeJoong fixed it before taking it and hiding it in his jacket. The car moved again and rolled a few hours before stopping in front of a building. The driver got out and opened the door to JaeJoong. This one went out and looked at the building. The old man spok or the first time while he passed to JaeJoong a paper and a card.

" Here is the floor and the number of your apartment. You will live in it for three months, the envelope contains all the information necessity for the following mission "

JaeJoong thanked him and take his bag before watching the car disappearing in the night. The young colonel sighs and ascended to the 16th floor. He walked towards the apartment in the back and entered the code 5022 on the electronic keyboard then entred when he heard the click.

The lights swich on alone lighting the luxurious apartment. In front of him, was a lounge with in the center a small coffee table black while on the side was a leather white armchairs. In background was an immense plate glass window which followed the apartment giving a fantastic view over the city of New York. JaeJoong advanced and threw his bag before putting his jacket on one of the armchairs before he goes to the window. He admires the view before sighing and saying slowly

 

" That the hell begins! "


Here is the first chapter!

I wish that it will please you.



For the translation, I tried to do my best, 

But I re-translate this chapiter but I thing that there is still a few problems with the conjugation, grammar and etc.

Then, don't hesitate to indicate it to me, I would want to correct with pleasure 
 


As usual if you liked leave a comment, it would very be pleasant for me, and makes a up vote for the fiction.

I love you!