fin

thunder storms

one thing soonyoung didn't expect, was jihoon being scared of thunder storms.

he knew how the younger hated storms, knew that on those days when rain falls heavily followed by thunder and lightning, jihoon couldn't be bothered by soonyoung's mere presence. the younger always told him to stay away, and at that time, soonyoung thought, maybe jihoon was like those loner types who likes to be alone and be all melancholy, staring at the rain, hearing it pour. or maybe because jihoon was simply always in a bad mood when thunderstorms comes (and jihoon could get really physical when he's in a bad mood, soonyoung knows.)

but then on one particular evening, when soonyoung said he'd be staying the night, rain came down heavily all of the sudden. and there was lightning, also followed by thunder not long after that. soonyoung could swore he heard a scream just then, right when thunder crashed. it came from jihoon's room, while on the other hand soonyoung was in the kitchen, making up some dinner for the two of them. when jihoon made his way to jihoon's room, another crash of thunder came, and also another scream which soonyoung was very certain that it came from jihoon's room.

soonyoung wondered worriedly, before finally knocking the younger's bedroom door.

"jihoon?"

the sound of the rain was from outside was rather loud, so he couldn't quite hear anything from the inside of the room. he did hear though, jihoon's voice not long after, saying;

"i'm alright! don't come inside."

"are you sure?" soonyoung asked. "you screamed really loud just now."

"no i didn't," jihoon replied, muffled. "and yes, i'm sure. just don't -- AHH!" jihoon ended his words with another scream as another thunder crash, loud in his ears.

soonyoung couldn't take it any longer. "i'm coming inside."

he went inside and what he saw was that there was a big bundle of blankets, on top of the younger's bed. he guessed it was jihoon, that big bundle. soonyoung walked towards it with quiet steps and sat down next to him. he pat what he assumed as jihoon's head.

"are you sure you're alright, hoon?"

silence.

"hoon."

"...i'm fine." came a muffled answer.

"really?"

"yes! i'm telling you that i'm fine."

"okay," soonyoung said. "but at least let me see you face. just to make sure."

"...no."

soonyoung sighed. "jihoon."

"...fine."

jihoon slowly uncovered himself, though only revealing until his eyes -- they were red and puffy. soonyoung could only guessed that the younger had been crying. he didn't comment on it though, rather, soonyoung reached to pull the blanket down, to see all of jihoon's face, and neither the younger protested.

"you don't look alright to me, hoon." soonyoung stated, his eyes were soft, but glaring at the same time -- as if soonyoung could see right through and read all of his emotions. it was making jihoon very uncomfortable, squirming in his place.

"i'm alright," jihoon's eyes weren't looking at soonyoung. "...just maybe a little bit scared...?"

"you were scared," soonyoung re-stated. "then why didn't you want me to come see you?"

soonyoung's hand came to the younger's hair, it with gentle fingers and just like that jihoon felt at ease. like this, jihoon would let his guard down -- his walls ere tall, even when he was with soonyoung. but on moments like this, jihoon would finally let soonyoung in.

"i was embarrassed..." jihoon muttered.

"embarrassed?" soonyoung asked. "why are you embarrassed?"

"because... you know..." jihoon's cheeks reddening slowly. "... it's lame, being scared of thunder. i'm not a kid after all." jihoon pouted at his last words -- whether he had done it on purpose or not. soonyoung would had teased the younger boy if it wasn't for the situation they were in.

"you know you can tell me anything right?" soonyoung asked. jihoon didn't answer though, merely biting down his lower lip ashis eyes wont met soonyoung's. "you can," soonyoung answered for him. "jihoon, i love you. even if you tell me the weirdest things like having fins as tails, i wont judge, morever hate you." soonyoung paused. "well, i'd maybe be a little bit creeped out but you know."

jihoon chuckled. the sound of jihoon's laughter made soonyoung smile subconsciously, his heart felt full and warm by just seeing jihoon smile.

"i don't think i'd be saying that anytime soon." jihoon said, the smile still on his face. soonyoung smiled back widely. "great. that's a relief."

 

in the midst of it all, another thunder crash came, interrupting their little moment and making jihoon jumped. he clutched soonyoung's shirt. "soonyoung..."

"you want me to stay with you?"

"what about dinner?"

soonyoung was already got in position, lying next to the smaller boy, putting his arms around him.

"we could eat later." soonyoung convinced him.

"well," jihoon sighed, burrying his face against the elder's shirt. "maybe just for awhile."

(they fell asleep not long after that. they didn't eat until later late at night, in jihoon's room eating already cold rice and mackarel with jihoon on soonyoung's lap while soonyoung fed a protesting, red cheeked jihoon.)

++++

idk what to say

soonhoon ruined me