Of Gentle Breeze and Picture Frames

Of Gentle Breeze and Picture Frames

 

 

The blinding rays of sunlight and melodious singing of birds woke Wonwoo from his slumber as the ivory painted ceiling greeted him. He shifted himself to the right just to be greeted by two hazel orbs staring at him and a dazzling face which is Kim Mingyu. The latter just kept staring at him affectionately which Wonwoo repaid with a gentle smile as he caressed the face of the boy in front of him.

“Good morning  to you… My love.” Were the first words Wonwoo released from his lips as he connected them to another pair in front of him before standing up and leaving  the room.

“Good morning  to you too…”

 

Wonwoo made his way to the kitchen to serve breakfast suitable for two. He majestically maneuvered his frail hands as he prepared the dish and served it on a plate. He placed down a plate in front of him and another one across him.

“Bon apetit!” He muttered as he started digging in to his meal while stealing glances to the boy in front of him every now and then.

“Oh how I wish you could just stop staring at me and start eating your meal. I even cooked it especially for you since I know it’s your favorite.”

“I don’t feel hungry. Besides, even just staring at your beautiful face could always fill my stomach with butterflies.” Mingyu remarked as he continued staring the figure in front of him.

Wonwoo ran a hand to his own cheek as he looked down to his plate with a shy yet genuine smile plastered on his face. He stood up from his seat and collected his empty plate leaving the other untouched plate in its respective position which is in front of Mingyu. Wonwoo started washing the dishes when Mingyu positioned himself behind Wonwoo and backhugged the older before beginning to plant affectionate kisses on the nape of the older.

Wonwoo just continued washing the dishes while a soft smile was evidently pasted on his face. Once he was done washing the dishes, he made his way to the couch residing in the living room and proceeded to turn on the television.

“Hey! Isn’t this your favorite show?”

“Yes, yes it is.”

“Do you still remember that one time you were watching this and laughed so hard you started coughing from your own spit and ended up a coughing-crying mess? God! That was priceless!”

“Yeah, I still remember that, and to be honest, I remember your face more than my near-to-death self-inflicted accident, that was the very first time I saw you laughed so hard and for me that was the most beautiful view I’ve ever seen” Mingyu said as he cupped one side of Wonwoo’s cheeks while staring lovingly to the other’s face.

 

Wonwoo turned his glance to where Mingyu was and he started caressing the younger’s face, making circles with his thumb on the other’s cheek. He stayed like that for a couple of minutes before standing up and making his way to the shower.

It’s been about 20 minutes passed when Wonwoo finished taking a shower, he went straight to the bedroom to change in to something decent. He was about to take off the towel hugging his waist fittingly when he turned around and saw Mingyu looking at him intently.

“Could you like… turn around or something? I’m going to change clothes for a bit.” He requested to the younger as he approached him.

“Should I? Don’t you think, it’s already too late for that since I already saw every inch of you before?” The younger chuckled as he let the older turn him around now facing the wall beside their bed.

 

A pregnant silence filled the room as the sound of friction of skin and cloths shuffling with each other were the only sound audible. After changing his clothes, Wonwoo walked towards where Mingyu was and turned the younger around to face him.

“So… How do I look?”

“Dazzling… You always were and you know that.”

Wonwoo chuckled as he turned around to leave the room and head straight to the front door before opening it and stepping out, giving a last glance at the entirety of the house then closing the door. He walked along the pavement with Mingyu trailing a couple of steps behind him. He just kept watch as the older walked along the length of the pavement.

Wonwoo stepped inside a cake shop and ordered two of the same shortcakes while Mingyu just waited outside, admiring the cute little cakes displayed by the window of the shop. As soon as Wonwoo walked out, the younger continued tailing behind the older.

Mingyu didn’t mind the silence between them at all. All he ever did was admire the perfection in front of him that is Jeon Wonwoo. He thanked all the deities and Gods for giving him such a wonderful being to love and also love him back.

 

Wonwoo walked inside a park, there were a few people in there and it was quite relaxing with the gentle rustling of leaves on the trees and melancholic chirps of birds singing filled the entire park. He ventured deeper into the park with Mingyu still trailing behind him. Not too long afterwards, the older stopped in front a stone and Mingyu stood beside him taking a look of what the older was staring.

Here lies the memories of Kim Mingyu, you will always be loved.

Wonwoo bent down on one knee as he placed the box of shortcakes and a bouquet of white roses he bought along the way and placed it on top of Mingyu’s gravestone. Wonwoo started to break into tears as he ran his slim fingers to the name engraved on the stone.

“Good morning my love… How are you today? Did you miss me? Because right now I miss you… a lot…” Wonwoo cupped his face with his trembling hands as he broke into a lot more crying mess, tears started seeping through the spaces between his fingers before completely falling to the grave.

Mingyu lowered himself and embraced Wonwoo, unable to hold back anymore and let the tears fall down his eyes and through his face.

“Good morning to you too, my love. My day was magnificent, I got to stare at your beauty today. And if I have to be honest to myself, although being able to see you is cloud nine to my heart, but there’s still this lingering feeling of craving your warmth against mine. Please Wonwoo, don’t be sad, it breaks my heart seeing you like this…” Mingyu said in between sobs as he tighten his embrace to Wonwoo.

“Didn’t we promised to ourselves? We will never falter come what may, even death won’t keep us apart.” Mingyu sobbed, gripping the ring on his left ring finger. “We vowed that with each other. Please Wonwoo, stop crying…” Mingyu cursed himself as he felt useless, all he could ever do is hug the older tighter and cry alongside him.

Wonwoo calmed a bit from his crying when he felt a cold air breezed through his nape. It was then he remembered what happened during this morning.

 

 

 

The blinding rays of sunlight and melodious singing of birds woke Wonwoo from his slumber as the ivory painted ceiling greeted him. He shifted himself to the right just to be greeted by two hazel orbs staring at him and a dazzling face which is Kim Mingyu’s picture, framed and resting on top of the end table beside Wonwoo’s bed. The picture just kept staring at him affectionately which Wonwoo repaid with a gentle smile as he caressed the face of the boy in the frame.

“Good morning  to you… My love.” Were the first words Wonwoo released from his lips as he connected them to another pair protected by a glass before standing up and leaving  the room.

“Good morning to you too.”

When he left the room he could’ve sworn he felt a breeze of wind on his hands.

Wonwoo made his way to the kitchen to serve breakfast suitable for two. He majestically maneuvered his frail hands as he prepared the dish and served it on a plate. He placed down a plate in front of him and another one across him where a framed picture of Mingyu was placed.

“Bon apetit!” He muttered as he started digging in to his meal while stealing glances to the boy in front of him every now and then.

“Oh how I wish you could just stop staring at me and start eating your meal. I even cooked it especially for you since I know it’s your favorite.”

“I don’t feel hungry. Besides, even just staring at your beautiful face could always fill my stomach with butterflies

Wonwoo ran a hand to his own cheek when he felt that same gentle breeze gusted weakly on his cheek.

Wonwoo started washing the dishes when Mingyu positioned himself behind Wonwoo and backhugged the older before beginning to plant affectionate kisses on the nape of the older.

Wonwoo just continued washing the dishes while a soft smile was evidently pasted on his face as yet again that same gentle breeze was felt on his nape. Once he was done washing the dishes, he made his way to the couch residing in the living room and proceeded to turn on the television.

“Do you still remember that one time you were watching this and laughed so hard you started coughing from your own spit and ended up a coughing-crying mess? God! That was priceless!”

“Yeah, I still remember that, and to be honest, I remember your face more than my near-to-death self-inflicted accident, that was the very first time I saw you laughed so hard and for me that was the most beautiful view I’ve ever seen” Mingyu said as he cupped one side of Wonwoo’s cheeks while staring lovingly to the other’s face.

Wonwoo stopped for a couple of seconds before smiling as he felt another gentle breeze running from his right cheek to his neck.

Wonwoo turned his glance to where Mingyu’s framed picture was and he started caressing the younger’s face, making circles with his thumb on the other’s cheek through the glass. He stayed like that for a couple of minutes before standing up and making his way to the shower.

It’s been about 20 minutes passed when Wonwoo finished taking a shower, he went straight to the bedroom to change. He was about to take off the towel when he turned around and saw Mingyu’s picture looking at him intently.

“Could you like… turn around or something? I’m going to change clothes for a bit.” He requested as he approached the picture and turned it around to now face the wall. After changing his clothes, Wonwoo walked towards where Mingyu’s picture was and turned it around to face him.

“So… How do I look?”

“Dazzling… You always were and you know that.”

Wonwoo chuckled as felt that same sensation again on his hands.

 

It was only then when Wonwoo completely stopped from crying.

“Mingyu-ah… I’m sorry for not realizing… I know now that you’ve always been with me this entire time. Even right now, I know now you’re with me.” Wonwoo muttered in a still croaky voice. “Why did I even forget our promise. That was pretty stupid of me, don’t you think?”

“Yes it is…” Mingyu breezed the words to Wonwoo’s ear.

“We may not be together physically…” Wonwoo paused before continuing,

“But we will always be residing in each other’s heart” Wonwoo smiled when he heard a silent voice beside his ear saying the same words he said.

“I love you Kim Mingyu…”

“I love you too Jeon Wonwoo…”

“Forever…”

“And ever…”