Maria.

Tulips Are Better Than One.

Jimin drove around in the city for what seemed like hours. He needed somewhere to go to calm down. So he went to the only place he knew. 

 

Jimin pulled into the empty parking lot of the nursing home and got out of his car. Not caring to park in an actual parking spot since the place was deserted all except for one vehicle. Upon walking toward the football field, he noticed that a fence was put up around it. A really big one. It seemed like it was at least 8 feet high, and there were no spaces in between the wooden planks planted all around it. Basically it mean that there was no way in hell that Jimin was going to be able to see the field. He did see the goal posts though, which remained intact. 

 

Well at least they kept those. He thought. 

 

If they were putting a business here though, then why did they keep the goal posts? Jimin was really curious about what they were going to put in the field's place. 

 

"Came to see it one more time, huh?" A voice from behind him asked. He turned to see the main developer of the nursing home, old school mate, and former captain of the highschool football team Kim Namjoon standing behind him. 

 

"Oh, hey Namjoon. I didn't know you were still here." Jimin said. 

 

"Yeah, I stay pretty late nowadays making sure everything goes smoothly." Namjoon walks up next to Jimin. 

 

"Ah. Hey, do you know who the buyer of this place is?" Jimin hopefully asks. 

 

"Of course I do." Namjoon says. "After all, I'm the one who sold it. " he chuckles. 

 

"Who is it?" 

 

"That's a secret."

 

"Can't you tell me?" Jimin asks.

 

"I'm sorry, Jimin. But I'm not supposed to tell anyone. The buyer specifically requested that he be kept confidential until everything was done." Namjoon replies while he claps a hand on Jimin's shoulder. 

 

Jimin knew that he probably wouldn't have gotten an answer. "I understand, Namjoon. Thanks anyways." 

 

"Don't mention it. Hey, don't be too upset. I'll bet that you're gonna love what gets put in there. " Namjoon says. 

 

Jimin just shrugs. 

 

"Oh, if you don't mind me asking, how are things going with you and Yoongi?" Namjoon questions. 

 

Jimin wasn't sure why he was asking this, but he replied nevertheless. 

 

"I don't mind. We're doing pretty good." Jimin says with confidence. 

 

"Oh." 

 

"Oh?"

 

"Well I don't want to overstep my boundaries, but for the last few days I've been seeing him come and leave with a girl." 

 

Jimin was shocked. 

 

"What? A girl? What did she look like? What time does he leave?" 

 

"Well I only catch glimpses so I haven't seen her very well. But yeah, he's been leaving with her at 5:30 on the dot." Namjoon looks at Jimin with concern. "You didn't know about this..?"

 

"No.." Jimin trails off. 

 

"Oh wow. I'm sorry Jimin." Namjoon hangs his head. 

 

"It's fine…" It wasn't fine. 

 

"Well I uh.. better get going. It was nice seeing you Jimin." Namjoon says. 

 

"Yeah. You too. " Jimin replies. 

 

Then Jimin is once again left alone in front of the massive fence that surrounds the football field. 

So many thoughts are running through his head. 

 

Who is this girl? 

Why didn't Yoongi tell me? 

What is he doing with her? 

Is she the reason he's coming home late?

Is he cheating on me? 

 

 

Jimin was freaking out. He wanted to go and confront Yoongi. He had to. 

 

He ran back to his car and quickly drove back to the apartment. But he had more thoughts on the way there. 

 

Maybe I'm just overreacting. 

Maybe she's just a friend from work.

He wouldn't cheat on me right? 

 

By this time, Jimin was crying his eyes out. He was devastated just at the fact that Yoongi lied to him. Jimin was so confident in their relationship. He was so upset at the thought of him not making Yoongi happy enough. He slammed the steering wheel with his hands and yelled, not caring if anyone thought he was crazy. By the time he arrived back at the apartment, his face was puffed and crusty with tears. His voice, hoarse after yelling so much. He checked the time on his phone. It read, 12:33 am. 

 

Have I really been gone that long? Jimin asked himself. Actually, he didn't care. 

 

He opened the door to him and Yoongi's apartment quietly so he wouldn't wake Yoongi up if he was sleeping. He was mad, but he wasn't inhumane. He tip-toed into the bedroom and saw Yoongi sleeping peacefully in their bed. Jimin sighed and started to tear up again. He finally decided that he would go sleep on the couch tonight. He couldn't sleep next to Yoongi with all of these thoughts that he might have been cheating. He reached for his pillow until suddenly, Yoongi's phone vibrated on the nightstand. Jimin was suddenly curious who could be messaging him at this hour. 

 

Maybe it's the girl. he thought. 

 

He walked to the other side of the bed and grabbed Yoongi's phone off of the nightstand. He clicked on the messaging app and read the most recent contact's conversation. 

 

 "MARIA" 

 

The nursery cashier Maria?

 

Yoongi: hey Maria! 

 

Maria: Hello. :) 

 

Yoongi: I just wanted to thank you for what you've been doing for me this week. It's really helped me out. ;)

 

Maria: It's really no biggie. I love doing this and its helping you out, so why not? But, are you sure that Jimin won't get upset? I mean, we are hiding something pretty big from him. 〇_o

 

Yoongi: Ugh, yeah I know. He'll be pretty upset and confused initially, but once I tell him I'm sure he'll be ecstatic. Then he'll be mad at himself for not figuring it out, haha. But I know that this is what he wants, so I'm making it happen. 

 

This isn't what I want. 

 

Maria: Ah, I get it. Well, I hope everything works out well. He hasn't suspected anything? 

 

Yoongi: As far as I know, no he hasn't. 

 

Maria: Okay. Good. Are we still on for tomorrow? That's the day you'll tell him right? After we're finished? 

Yoongi: Yes, yes, and yes. I have everything worked out. 

 

Maria: Okay. :) See you tomorrow. 

 

Yoongi: Alright! Goodnight, Maria. 

 

Maria: Goodnight. 

 

 

Jimin was furious and devastated. Why did this happen? Those messages just confirmed that he was doing something. They were hiding something from Jimin and he couldn't look at it any longer. He took his pillow and an extra blanket and went to the living room to sleep on the couch. He brought the phone with him though, just in case. As he was walking, the edge of his pillow caught on a small pot on Jimin's windowsill garden. It crashed to the floor, making a pretty loud noise. Jimin muttered a string of curse words as he bent down to pick up the mess. Then he heard a noise. 

"Jiminie? Is that you?" Yoongi came into the room with disheveled hair and rubbed his tired eyes like a child. 

 

"Yeah. I just broke a pot. Don't worry about it." Jimin said through gritted teeth. 

 

"Why do you sound so upset? Are you okay? Where did you go while I was in the shower?" Yoongi asked, fully awake now. 

 

"I went for a drive."

 

"A drive?" 

 

"Yeah."

 

"Oh." 

 

Jimin couldn't keep up this act.  He had to find out what he and Maria were doing everyday. He knew he wasn't good with confrontation, but he couldn't keep up this act anymore. He needed the truth from Yoongi. 

 

"Yoongi." Jimin simply said. 

 

"Jimin." Yoongi replied with a smile on his face, as if they were playing a game. 

 

"Why Maria?" Jimin asked. 

 

Yoongi's smile immediately faded and was replaced with realization and fear. "What?"

 

"Don't 'what' me. You know exactly 'what' I'm talking about so don't beat around the bush." 

 

"Jimin I can explain-" 

 

"And don't bull me with the classic 'I can explain' bit, either. I just want the truth Yoongi." Jimin said. 

 

"We're not doing anything, I promise you, Jimin. " Yoongi stated. 

 

"Then what the hell is this?" Jimin held Yoongi's phone in the air like he'd just won it at a carnival.

 

"You went through my messages?" Yoongi asked, surprised. 

 

"You haven't answered my question yet." Jimin snapped. 

 

"If you would let me explain than I will!" Yoongi exclaimed. 

 

"Fine." Jimin said. "Explain." 

 

"I didn't want to tell you-" 

 

"Then don't." Jimin stated. 

 

Yoongi closed his eyes as if to calm down and said, "It was supposed to be a surprise." He sighed. 

 

"What, that you were cheating on me?" Jimin retorted. "Forget it. I don't want to know." 

 

"Okay." Was all that Yoongi said. 

 

Jimin scoffed in disgust and stomped into the bedroom, grabbing some clothes and the essentials and putting them into a bag. 

 

"Where are you going?" Yoongi sighed. 

 

"A hotel." Jimin said. 

 

"Oh." Yoongi rubbed the back of his neck. 

 

"See you tomorrow?" Yoongi asked. 

 

"Maybe. If I can even to begin to forgive you for lying to me." Jimin's voice cracked. He didn't want this at all. He just wanted to cry and apologize for whatever he did to make Yoongi unhappy. But he had to get out of here. This place was suffocating. 

 

"Okay. I love you." Yoongi said with a small smile. 

 

Jimin chokes out a sob at these words, and pushes pat Yoongi and leaves the apartment crying all the way to the car. 

 

 

Once Jimin arrived at the hotel, he pays for his room and reluctantly let's himself in. He almost turned around to go back to Yoongi. 

 

But he didn't. 

 

He threw himself on the bed and cried for at least another hour, wondering why Yoongi had to lied to him before he fell into a sleep full of dreams of tulips. 

 

Lots and lots of tulips. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*Author's Note*:  Annnnddd here comes the angst! Poor Jimin. :( I hoped you enjoyed the small appearance by Namjoon. The next chapter is the last chapter. Thank you all so much for reading and subscribing! I literally couldn't be happier at how much love this fic got. Hopefully I ended it well for you guys. I love you!