Bonsai Trees And Football Fields.

Tulips Are Better Than One.

Jimin recalled how him and Yoongi met at the nursery and laughed to himself. He was pretty sure that day was the best day of his life. He met his now favorite person in the world, at his favorite place in the world. He didn't know how he got so lucky just meeting Yoongi. 

 

After they first met, they exchanged numbers and went their separate ways. Yoongi's girlfriend broke up with him within a month after their meeting, and that next year Jimin and Yoongi were a couple. At first, Jimin was way too scared to meet up with Yoongi again. He didn't want it to be awkward between them and he was really nervous. He actually stood Yoongi up a few times out of his nervousness. But with a persistent Yoongi and a little time, him and Yoongi slowly got more comfortable with one another. After another year, they were inseparable.

 

 

 

Jimin smiled at himself at the memory and walked further inside the nursery. 

 

 

The place had over 10 acres of land, and about 10-15 greenhouses and hoop houses. This nursery had everything. Unique plants, flowers, vegetables, trees, shrubs and garden supplies were plentiful in this big facility. Jimin was fascinated by it all. His grandmother used to have a huge garden in her back yard, and that place was like Jimin's second home. He loved planting something of his own and seeing it grow into something so breathtaking. 

 

Jimin weaved through the aisles of countless plants to get to his favorite display. He arrived at a small circular clearing outside, that was filled with flowers. But they weren't just any flowers, they were Jimin's favorite. 

 

Tulips. 

 

In the clearing, there were thousands of bright pink tulips coming together to form one big flower. This was what the nursery was famous for. It took Jimin's breath away every time he saw it. He hoped that one day him and Yoongi could live in a house with a big backyard one day, so he could have his own little flower display. 

 

 

"Jimin!" Yoongi yelled from inside the nursery. "If you want me to buy you something you better get back in here before I leave you!" 

 

Jimin just chuckled at the empty threat. Yoongi always bought him something when they came here. Even though Jimin knew that his boyfriend wasn't too fond of flowers, this place was special to him too. 

 

"Coming!" Jimin shouted back. 

 

He walked back to the front of the business, to find Yoongi whispering to the female clerk. 

 

"Um, am I interrupting something?" Jimin asked shyly. 

 

Jimin wasn't usually jealous, and he knew Yoongi would never cheat on him, but this cashier was exceptionally pretty. They also seemed to share something. An inside joke maybe? He didn't think too much of it, though. They came here all the time so Yoongi talking to her wasn't something new. 

 

"Nope." Yoongi replied coolly. He gave Jimin one of his famous gummy smiles before taking his hand and guiding him away from the register. 

 

Jimin soon forgot about the little encounter when he came across the display of bonsai trees. 

 

"Ooh, Yoongi! Can we get one of these?" Jimin said while tugging on his boyfriend's arm. 

 

"Really? You want me to pay $29.00 for that small thing?" Yoongi complained. 

 

Jimin was persistent. This mini tree would be perfect in his little windowsill garden at home. 

 

"Pleeassee?" 

 

Yoongi sighed as he pulled Jimin close and kissed him on the forehead. 

 

"Go pick out the one you want." 

 

"Yes! Thank you! You're the best boyfriend ever." Jimin squealed. 

 

Jimin gave his boyfriend a peck on the cheek before rushing over to look more closely at the trees. After 20 minutes, he finally settled in the perfect tree and they left the nursery feeling content. Well, Jimin was at least. Yoongi was complaining about his empty wallet. 

 

 

On the way home, Yoongi stops to get something from the site where he works at. Yoongi works as an interior designer, and this particular project was to renovate an old high school into a nursing home. Coincidentally, it was the same high school that Jimin went to for all four years. They drive into the newly paved parking lot of the nearly done nursing home and park in front if the building. Yoongi gets out of the car mumbling something like, "be right back" and Jimin is left alone in the vehicle. He fiddles with the radio, not finding any good songs so he exits the car and makes his way to the football field right next to the nursing home. Yoongi told him that the developers of the nursing home didn't know what to do with it. They didn't want to risk selling the land and having some loud restaurant or bustling clothing store next to it, so they just left it alone. 

 

Jimin remembered all of the football games he used to cheer at back when he was in highschool. (Yes, he was a cheerleader.) He was popular, had good grades and was a perfect student. He had so many dreams about wanting to be a professional cheerleader and going to college. But soon after he graduated, his mom developed  non- Hodgkin's lymphoma and he was then appointed as her caretaker since his dad had passed away when he was just a baby. They lived a hard life, living off of her disability benefits to just barely pay the rent and eating microwavable dinners for almost every meal, but it was worth it. The doctor told her she only had three months but she lived another 24. He didn't blame her for taking him away from his cheering. He didn't blame her for anything. In fact he was proud of her for doing what she could to keep fighting. But sometimes, he wondered where he would be if that hadn't happen to his mom. He always decides not to dwell on it, in fear of regretting his choices to take care of his mother, which is completely and utterly untrue. 

 

But those days were in the past, and now he has Yoongi, the love of his life. He has a small windowsill garden and he has a quaint little apartment in the city to call his own. He also has Yoongi's mother, who treats him like her own son. He has a great life and he couldn't be happier. 

 

 

Jimin was then suddenly wrapped in a back hug by his beloved boyfriend. It's particularly chilly on this day in March, so he can't help but melt into the warm embrace. 

 

"Hey there, beautiful" Yoongi says close to Jimin's ear, making him shudder. 

 

Even after all the time they've been together, Jimin still feels butterflies fighting in his stomach whenever he's near Yoongi. 

 

"Hi." Jimin giggles. 

 

"Hey, isn't this the place where you use to be a little cinnamon bun full of school spirit?" Yoongi already knows the answer, but he still asks Jimin the same question every time they visit. 

 

"Yes, hyung. This is where I used to be a 'cheerleader'." Jimin says rolling his eyes. 

 

"Ah, so that's what they're called. I sort of forgot." A smirk plays on the blond's lips.

 

"Of course you did." Jimin's eyes scan the wide field before him. The familiar feeling of nostalgia starts to make it's presence known in his heart. He can almost hear the announcer shouting, "Touchdown!" and the students in the stands go completely nuts. 

 

 

"Do you miss it?" Yoongi asks. 

 

Jimin snaps out of his trance and turns his head toward Yoongi.  "Huh?"

 

"Do you miss it? Do you miss this?" Yoongi gestures toward the open field with his head. 

 

"Oh, um. Sometimes, but not too often. I just miss the "flair" that this place had. It was always so lively, and special. " Jimin's head hangs low for a moment. 

"But now it just seems dead. Like it's a ghost or something." 

 

"So you're saying that this football field is a ghost." Yoongi quips.

 

"Yes, basically. It's spirit is gone and now it's not really living anymore." Jimin says giving a sad smile. 

 

"It's school spirit is gone?" Yoongi tries again to make Jimin laugh. 

 

He succeeds, and Jimin ends up hitting his shoulder. "I can't win with you, today." 

 

"You love me." Yoongi says turning Jimin around to face him. 

 

Jimin scrunched his face as if he were thinking about it, then kisses Yoongi on the lips and sighs. 

 

"Yes, I do." 

 

 

 

The couple then make their way back to their car and before they drive off, Jimin gives one last look to the empty football field before he takes a nap on the ride home.

 

"Maybe we should plant some flowers there, one day. " Jimin ponders the idea. He decided he likes it.

 

Yoongi looks over to his now sleeping boyfriend who is snoring cutely, and smiles with adoration. 

 

 

 

Yeah, maybe we should. He thinks. Maybe we should. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*A/N*: Thanks for reading! I should have the next chapter up soon. I have a system, Lol. Love you guys. <3