One Fine Date

One Fine Date with Jung Yong Hwa

Past 9 AM in front of Lotte World

Yonghwa stood with a guitar case slung on his shoulder. He had got there a few minutes before, and Seohyun had not arrived yet. He wondered why she was so late, when she had been fully informed about the schedule by the crew last night. ’Maybe she is not interested to join this date in the first place. Is that possible? But she submitted the lottery ticket and said yes last night, right? Ah, I don’t know, let’s just wait her for more minutes,’ Yonghwa thought silently.

A few moments later, he saw a woman running in a hurry to the crew. She apologized so many times, while the crew helped her to attach the mic. Then, she saw him and moved hurriedly to his direction, before she tripped over the camera’s cables and fell.

Yonghwa ran to her and helped her to stand up, “ Are you okay, Agassi? Are you hurt somewhere?”

‘Great, just great. You embarrass yourself from the very first moment you meet him. Babo, Seo Joohyun,’ Seohyun thought herself while tried to stand up and clean her clothes.

“I’m okay, Jung Yong...,” her eyes widened as she saw his beautiful deep-brown-eyes,”...hwa-ssi...”

He slightly surprised by her beautiful face and pink-flushed cheeks. But could not helped to stop laughing so hard.

“I’m so sorry, Jung Yonghwa-ssi, I’m really sorry,” she bowed deeply so many times.

“What are you sorry for? This is so funny. Hahahaha,” Yonghwa responded and wiped tears from his eyes, “I suppose you are Seo Joohyun-ssi, right? Are you sure, you are okay?”

“Ah de~, Annyeonghaseyo, Seo Joohyun-imnida. Please treat me well,” she tried to introduce herself properly with a slight bow, “And yes, I’m okay.”

“Annyeonghaseyo, Jung Yonghwa-imnida. Please treat me well, too.”

Then, One Fine Date officially started.

---

Yonghwa started to initiate light chat, “Seo Joohyun-ssi, how old are you?”

“I’m 24 years old,” she answered while kept her head down.

“That’s mean I’m older than you. I’m 26 years old. So, can I call you Joohyun?”

“De.”

“In return, you can call me Yonghwa oppa.”

“De?”

“Yeah, why not? That’s what people call her boyfriend, right? We suppose to be dating today. Just try it first, Joohyun-ah.”

‘Thump,’ her heart skipped a beat when he called her like that.

“De, Yonghwa op..oppa..” she replied shyly.

“Woaah, so that it feels when your girlfriend call you Oppa. Interesting. I’m sorry Joohyun-ah if I make you uncomfortable. I’m too excited to try all of those dating things. You know, I’ve never go on a date before, because I’ve become a trainee since a young age.”

Seohyun nooded silently.

Then, Yonghwa asked her, “Joohyun-ah, why are you so quite? And you don’t look at my face since then. Your eyes were glued on the ground. Am I that ugly?”

“Aah, ANIYO..! You are so handsome, Yonghwa-ssi,”  she blurted out without thinking.

“Oh really? Kamsahamnida, Joohyun-ah. You’re so beautiful too.” He grinned widely while ruffled her hair lovingly.

Seohyun stiffened and mumbled,”Aigoo~, what should I do?”

He just smiled at her antics. “So, how about we ride something now?  Anything that you want.”

“De.”

---

Two hours later, “Joohyun-ah, are you tired?”

“A little, Oppa.”  She had been able to call him Oppa without stuttering for awhile now.

“Okay then. Why don’t we take a rest now and go grab some lunch? What do you want to eat?”

“Anything is fine for me. But Oppa, actually I bring us some food for lunch. Do you want to try it?”

“Really? Oooh, I’m touhced.”

“But I’m not a great cook and I prepared it in a hurry. I’m afraid it will not suit your taste. So, don’t force yourself to try it.”

“ No way I’m gonna miss it. I really want to try my girlfriend’s cooking. I cannot wait to taste it. Alright then. Let’s buy some drinks first and find a place to have our lunch.”

After a few moments, they found themselves sitting on a bench in a quiet side of the park. Seohyun started to unpack her food. It’s Vongole Pasta and Vegetable Salad.

“Wohoooo, it’s Vongole. Do you know it’s my favorite dish, Joohyun-ah? Gomawo, “ Yonghwa then taste the pasta and humming, “hmm,, it’s so delicious.”

“Thank you, Oppa,” she blushed.

“It’s really really delicious, even though it’s a bit messy. Kekeke,” he . “It’s alright, I think it’s because your fall incident this morning. Hahahaha...”

“Stop it please, Oppa. That was so embarassing,” she fanned herself with her hands.

“So, mind to tell me why were you late this morning? I almost thought you will never come. Is it because you prepared these lunch in the morning?”

“Sort of,” she replied.

---

Night before, after the phone call

“Kyaaaaaa~ Hyunnieee~, congratulation to you. You win the grand prize, you will have one fine date with Jung Yonghwa. Daebak. I still cannot believe it. You are so lucky. I’m so jealous,” Hyoyeon screamed and danced all over the house.

But, Seohyun still didn’t budge or blink her eyes yet. It felt like a dream for her. Then, she pinched her cheek hard, to find it’s hurt and she was not dreaming.

“Aaaarrrggghhh... Unniee~, what should I do? Why I accepted that without thinking first? Should I call the crew back to withdraw? Yes, yes, I think I must do that,” she panicked and started to pick her phone, before Hyoyeon snatched it from her.

Hyoyeon held both her shoulders and told her, “Hyunnie~, keep yourself calm first. Inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale. Listen to Unnie, this is once-in-a-lifetime chance for an ordinary people like us. Besides, you have never go on a date before, so it will be a good experience. A very good one. So brace yourself and go on that date tomorrow. And don’t forget to get his signed album for me, okay?”

“De, Unnie,” she replied weakly.

“So, let’s go shopping for new clothes and do the make over in the best salon in Seoul, “Hyoyeon felt so excited.

“No.. no.. no, Unnie. Tonight I must learn about him, about his band, listen to his songs, all about him. I don’t want make me look like a fool tomorrow,” she determined and went to her computer, left her Unnie agape.

That was what she did last night. Pulled an all-nighter until overslept on her desk while listening to his songs.

---

As the time flew, they became more comfortable with each other, especially when all of the crew left them alone to grab their lunch. They shared many things in common, and it drew them closer. He felt very happy when he found out that Seohyun had been practicing piano since the age of three. Sometimes Yonghwa laughed when he saw her nose flaring after he or pouted when he knew that Seohyun didn’t know him at all before the lottery. Without realising, he become too attracted to her and would like to spend more times with her in the future.

So as Seohyun. Since the fall incident that morning, she could not forget his beautiful deep-brown-eyes. She was enchanted by his gentleman gesture when they were playing in the amusement park. Then, she was flying to the moon, when Yonghwa sang her songs with his accoustic guitar after they finished their lunch. But, she always reminded herself not to keep her hope high, yet she decided to fully enjoy it. ‘It’s just for the show, Seo Joohyun.”

“Yonghwa-ssi, Joohyun-ssi, let’s move to next schedule before Yonghwa-ssi send Joohyun-ssi home and wrap up the show,” PD-nim reminded them.

“What are we going to do next, Oppa?” Seohyun eyes twinkled.

“Just follow me,” then he hold her hand and interwined with his before ran together to Lotte World Aquarium.


Author's note:

And it’s becoming longer and longer, the more I try to write down the idea from my head. Let’s hope I can finish it in the next chapter.

For all subscribers and readers, thank you so much for your support.

Please enjoy the story.

- minikittybdg -