Coincidence?

One Fine Date with Jung Yong Hwa

“Good evening everyone, welcome to The 48th Lotte Anniversary Concert. Together with me, Lee Yoon Bak, tonight we will celebrate the 48th anniversary of Lotte. Let’s give a big applause for Lotte,"Yoon Bak greeted the audience, "We hope that Lotte will grow bigger and more successful in the future. Without any longer, let's get the concert started.”

---

At Seohyun house

“Hyunnieee~, I’m home," Hyoyeon called out from the front door.

“De~, I’m in the living room, Unnie,” Seohyun answered.

Seo Joo Hyun, known as Seohyun or Hyunnie, a 24-years-old girl who works as an employee of an international company in Seoul. She currently living with her best friend, Hyoyeon, in Sangdo-Dong.

“What are you doing, hyunnie~?”, she asked her while the television.

”Just reading my new book. Have you had your dinner, Unnie?”

“Woah, it’s Yonghwa. Do you know him? Aah, maybe not, you never care with korean idols anyway. But he is different, Hyunnie. His voice is so beautiful. He masters various musical instruments and composes his own songs. And it become a hit. Also, he is soo~ charming. Hyunnie, you must try to listen to his songs next time, okay?”

When she focused on television, she was mesmerized by his voice, “De, his voice is really beautiful.”

---

Back to the concert

“Do you all enjoy it?”, Yoon Bak asked all the audience.

“De~”

“And now, as the hightlight of this concert, we will draw ticket for the lucky one who will have One Fine Date with Jung Yonghwa tomorrow. This date is arranged specially by Yonghwa himself. Such a romantic boy, doesn’t he? So let’s call him to the stage, Jung Yonghwa....”

“Annyeonghaseyo, Jung Yonghwa-imnida,” Yonghwa greeted the audience.

“So, Yonghwa-ssi, I heard that you arranged tomorrow’s date personally, is that right?”

“De. I have prepared a very special date for her. I hope she will like it. Let’s pray we won’t draw a man for tomorrow’s date or I will just ask him to eat around here and go home. Hahaha,” he replied mischievously, that made audience laugh.

“It will be very funny though. So, where will both of you go tomorrow?”

“It’s a secret,” he replied shyly.

“Aaah, arraseo arraseo. I will stop to dig deeper about the date. Then, let’s try Yonghwa’s luck and draw the ticket.”

The machine started to blow all the tickets in a very big glass box for a minutes, before Yonghwa picked one ticket and gave it to Yoon Bak.

“Oh, thanks God, it’s a girl’s name,”  Yoon Bak read the ticket, "So now, for the grand prize of the 48th Lotte Anniversary - One Fine Date with Jung Yong Hwa, the winner is ...”

 

The drum rolled,“Seo Joo Hyun.”

---

One week before the date

“Unnie, I want go to the mart. Do you want something?”, Seohyun asked Hyoyeon, who is busy with her morning execise.

“Oh, you want go to your monthly shopping now? Hmm, just buy me a hamburger.”

“Unnie, that’s not good for your health. It contains..”

“Arraseo, i’m just kidding you. Hahaha.. You can just go, I don’t want anything right now.”

“Okay then. Bye, Unnie.”

In the beginning of each month, Seohyun always go to Lotte Mart for her monthly shopping. She liked it there because the place is comfortable and have all items she needs.

After she got all the things she needed, she went to pay. The cashier said that during The 48th Lotte Anniversary month period, they will give lottery ticket for customers and will be drawed at The 48th Lotte Anniversary Concert. The grand prize is One Fine Date with Jung Yonghwa. She even didn’t know or care who was Jung Yonghwa, but she interested in the second prize. It’s microwave. She haven’t had it one at home. So, she filled the ticket and dropped it on the lottery box. And hope she will get the microwave.

---

Back to present day at Seohyun house

“the winner is ... Seo Joo Hyun, from Sangdo-Dong, Seoul.”

“What?!”, Seohyun and Hyoyeon scream in unison.

“Hyunnie, what’s this mean? Did you join that lottery? Do you really want to go on a date with Jung Yonghwa? Seolma? You are Yonghwa’s die hard fans, aren't you? Omo, omo, omo,” Hyoyeon squealed.

“Unnie.. seriously. It’s just a coincidence. I got the ticket when I went shopping in Lotte Mart last week and dropped it in lottery box because I wanted the second prize. It was a microwave. Beside, perhaps it’s not me they are talking about. Maybe it’s another girl with the same name.” Seohyun thought positively.

They focused back on the television. “So, Yonghwa-ssi, to confirm your date, please call the girl now and ask her to go on a date tomorrow,” Yoon Bak continued. Yonghwa nodded and started to call the phone number, while Seohyun prayed hard it is not her number. But to her surprised, her phone started to ring. It was from an unknown number.

“Yob..yob..yoboseyo?”, Seohyun stuttered.

“Yoboseyo, can I talk to Ms.Seo Joo Hyun, please?”

“De, thi.. this.. is Seo Joo Hyun speaking. Ma.. may.. I know who is on the line?”

“Annyeonghaseyo, Seo Joo Hyun-ssi. This is Jung Yonghwa, live from The 48th Lotte Anniversary Concert. You can watch it on the television now.”

Then she realised that she could hear her voice through the television clearly. Her mind went blank.

“Yoboseyo? Seo Joo Hyun-ssi? Are you still there?”

“I think she just fainted,” Yoon Bak commented and laughed with the audience.

Those comments and Yonghwa voice brought her back to reality, “De.. de.., Jung Yonghwa-ssi, I’m still here.”

Then Yonghwa continued, “That’s a relief. As you may know, you are the grand prize winner for Lotte Anniversary this year. And the grand prize is One Fine Date with me. So, Seo Joo Hyun-ssi, would you like to go on a date with me tomorrow?”

“De? De.. de.. sure,” she answered it full of hesitation.

“Great, thank you, Seo Joo Hyun-ssi. I will call you later for further information. I’m looking forward to our date tomorrow. See you soon.”

“De, you’re welcome.” And the phone clicked.

“Gosh I thought she will reject me. Hahaha...”

She heard Yonghwa voice faintly on the television, when her knees could not support her anymore and she sat on the floor. Stared blankly on her phone.


Author's note:

First, I want to appologize that I decided to make it at least two chapters.

And thank you so much for the subscribers and comments, it means a lot for me.

Please enjoy the story.

- minikittybdg -