Round 1: avoiding hits from an emotional opponent

Female Struggles vs Mingyu (A Spin-off)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Staring at her phone blankly, the girl sighed and ran her fingers through her messy, uncombed hair. She cursed under her breath while she tried to organize the clutter of thoughts in her head.

"Hey, can I borrow your computer for a few hours? I need to finish kicking Vernon's in League*," a deep voice interrupted her thoughts.  A tall figure obliviously approached the couch, where the girl was visibly stressed out and needed some silence. In normal situations, the girl would have had swallowed the frustration and enjoyed the other's long arms on her shoulders, but today was just not one of those days.  

"How old are you, really?" she replied without peeling her eyes off the brightly lit phone screen. For the past two weeks, she had been practically ripping her hair out nightly just to discuss her main thesis paper with her professor, the hardcore, no-smiling-or-any-form-of-fun Mr. Kwon (Soonyoung). Judging from Mingyu's actions around the girl during this time period, he hadn't quite grasped the concept of "important paper" yet.

At the other's response, Mingyu frowned playfully and leaned closer to the other, noses almost touching. "Old enough to use the computer by myself without Mama Kim's or my princess' permission," he teased, charms flowing from his eyes alone. "C'mon, I can wipe out Vernon's name from the high score chart in just three hours. Pleeease?" Mingyu tugged the girl's arm lightly and pouted ever so cutely. 

If he were to ask a week ago, the girl would've definitely fallen for her boyfriend's adorableness and unlocked her computer for him in a second no matter the circumstances. However, the words "three hours" triggered her patience this time around.

"Three hours?" she repeated in a unsympathetic manner, staring at the other's now droopy and confused eyes coldly. She scooted back away from the male and crossed her arms across her arms. "First of all, don't act like a little elementary school kid because you're not, okay; be a mature man, for goodness sake," the girl scoffed. "Second, three hours is as precious as gold to me in this situation of mine. Do you not know what I'm going through right now? I have an important assignment to hand in soon, and I barely started. My stress is over the top, and you can't even notice that? What kind of a careless idiot are you, Mingyu?"

Without stopping, the girl babbled on her stress to the lifeless boy who gave up on his gaming plans from the second she opened . Sensing a strange disconnect of Mingyu's signature aegyo and his girlfriend's unresponsiveness, the boy peeked over at the lit-up lockscreen of his phone and searched for the date. Indeed, his judgements were right; it was his monthly 4-day match with the inevitable and mysterious nature of female. Realizing the date, Mingyu bit his lips and cursed his forgetfulness. 

"Why is League so important for you, huh? What am I, MapleStory?? HUH? ANSWER ME!" Unable to notice Mingyu's unattentiveness, the girl continued to rant, hitting the other's knee and arm once in a while to emphasize her frustration.

"Okay, okay!" Mingyu snapped out of his self-punishment and turned his full attention towards the other. "I'm sorry, everything is my fault," the boy proudly stated, just as his buddies Wonwoo and Jihoon always told him. 'Whenever she gets mad, just say that it's all your fault and you'll fix it,' their voices rang in his head, guiding him through the tough stages of the month. To add on to the sincerity, Mingyu plastered his signature grin and adorably pul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter