Do You Feel It?

2PM 40 Fanfic Challenge

01. Wind


The other members were who-knows-where.

He had escaped from the day's events, wanting to be by himself.

He yearningly looked up at the dull sky, not seeing a bird in sight.

When Taecyeon was younger, he had always wanted to fly. He even considered being a airplane pilot when he got older.

It's why he studied so hard back in America.

And then he was found by JYP and he just got into this whole K-pop idol business.

He let out a deep sigh.

"I miss Marley," he thought.

Marley was a friend of his back in America.

The two had both aspired to become flight pilots back when they were younger. He remembered her the most because he had known her since kindergarden. That, and she was also his past neighbor. For a second, he wondered if she still had the same cell number.

He pulled out his cell phone, not giving a care that it would get wet and probably get damaged. Oh JYP can just buy me another one.

He looked through his contacts, hoping that he hadn't erased her number.

"Marley...Marley...Marley...Ah!" Excited, he pressed the 'ok' button and waited as he heard the monotonous rings.

Someone picked up from the other line. A tired female voice.

"Hello?" someone croaked, sounding as though they had just woken up.

"M-Marley?!" Taecyeon exclaimed.

"Uh...yeah, who's this?" she replied in English.

"Mar, it's me! Taecyeon!"

"Huh? Taecyeon?" She sounded more awake. "The little goofy Asian kid that used to live next door?"

Taecyeon nodded, though he knew she couldn't see him.

"Augh, I'm happy and all that you called, but...why so early...you know it's five in the morning, right?"

"Oh! I'm so sorry Mar!" Taecyeon quickly apologized. "I just...I don't know, on days like this, I think of America and you and..."

"Is it raining there?" she asked.

"Just a little—"

" the tip of your finger," Marley instructed. He did so, and he predicted what she would say next.

He placed his finger up in the air, like the two of them used to way back then. He closed his eyes and pretended that she was standing right next to him and that he was on the hill with the sunflowers that the would always go to. They used to believe that if you could tell where the wind was blowing, you would be able to tell if an airplane was flying by.

"Do you feel it?" she whispered, sounding almost as though she was standing beside him.

"Yeah...I feel it." Taecyeon let out a small smile. "I feel the wind."