Two.

Invisible

}} chapter two. 

 

kim hyejin's pov: 

 

"Kim Hyejin, two bottles of soju for table three." 

"Coming up!" 

Yes, that's the thing that I hear every night. After my class ends, I go directly to my mom's rice cake house along the streets of Myeongdong. A place where people stroll around each night. If you want to experience the night life, you can go here. Dancers and buskers on the streets. Cheap clothes, bags... name it! Everything is here at Myeongdong. 

By the way, I'm Kim Hyejin, 18 years old. I study at Seoul High School. I like writing articles and stories. If I have time or maybe if the rice cakes were sold early, I can go home early and write some stories and publish it on the internet. I'm very good at dancing, too. I envy those dancers I see on the streets. 

And that is how my daily life goes. 

Waking up early, go to school then after my classes, go to my mom's rice cake house and spend the night working. 

Sometimes, I attend school without getting some sleep. I just go home and take a bath. Eating my breakfast on my way to school has been a habit. 

Back to reality. 

I placed the two sojus on the table and bowed, "Enjoy." 

Thank God it's Friday. I could get some time to sleep.

It's getting late and people were starting to come. It's going to be a busy night.

Two hours have passed. I stretched my arms and yawned. I could feel the pain in my back. Ouch!

I looked at the clock. "It's 1am!" 

Every Saturday, at 1am, there's a group of guys who dance in front of our restaurant. Another reason why our rice cake house was one of the most famous rice cake houses here in Myeongdong was because while you enjoy our foods, you could watch a performance for free! 

Well, they're not just a group of guys but a group of good-looking guys. 

I anticipated their performance every Saturday. 

The music started and those guys started dancing. They're more on hiphop type of dancers. And stunts, too! They're really good. 

They just ended their first performance. People clapped and their fangirls were there. screaming their lungs out.

They're taking a rest and in a few minutes, they're going to start their second performance.

 

The second performance started. Everything seemed so fine until we heard a gun shot. 

People started to panic.

It was a chaos.

My mom and sister hid at the kitchen.

I could hear people screaming and shouting for help. 

I hid under the table.

I heard another gun shot.

And another one. 

And suddenly, a guy fell to the ground. My eyes widened. His face facing me. His eyes were asking for help. He's bleeding! He's coughing blood. 

I didn't know what to do. What am I going to do? 

There was another gun shot. 

Tears started to fall from my eyes. 

I heard the police and the ambulance siren. Thank, God! They're here. 

The only thing that was on my mind was to save that guy. The guy! He needed help. 

I ran outside. I was lightly slapping his face to wake him up. His eyes started to open again. "Mister, can you hear me?" I asked as I tap his cheek and he nodded. Oh my gosh. "Thanks, God!" Then he lost his consciousness. 

The ambulance came right on time and brought the guy to the hospital. 

As I looked around, everything was a mess. 

Tables were everywhere. Wasted foods and broken bottles on the floor. 

My mom and sister came out of the kitchen. Mom started crying when she saw me. "You're okay, dear?" 

I let out a smile to assure my mom that I was fine, "Don't worry, I'm fine. How about you?" 

Mom hugged me tightly. 

"I'm glad you're fine." She said. 

The police came and started asking us for some informations about what happened that night. 

 

The night passed. We cleaned the whole store and mom decided to not open the restaurant for two days.

 


 

a u t h o r ' s n o t e : 

this took me a long time to publish loljk it's almost 12am here when i finished writing the chapter two. 

i had to reread my other stories that i wrote before to get some ideas. 

it has only been two chapters but i'm struggling a lot. life . i hope you enjoy though!

thank you so much. 

subscribe, upvote and leave some comments. 

i love you! 

xx