Snow White and the Seven Dwarves

Once Upon an Eunhae
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Run!” The huntsman practically screamed at Donghae. “Run away, as far as you can go! Don’t look back! Just keep running!”

Crying, sixteen-year-old Donghae immediately ran off into the woods, deep and dark and mysterious, never forgetting the glint of sharp metal that was supposed to put an end to his life dash before his eyes. He shut his eyes fearfully and ran for his life, the huntsman’s warning echoing in his head like a mantra.

“Run for your life! The evil Queen Heechul is after your heart! He wants to eat it to remain youthful forever!”

Donghae screamed in shock when he tumbled over an upturned root and fell into a muddy puddle. He got up on his knees and brushed himself off, hissing when some blood trickled down his knee. He’d cut himself on a sharp stone and couldn’t run anymore. Dejected, and still afraid for his life, Donghae limped slowly further in and was surprised to see a tiny little cottage tucked away in a small clearing, right next to a bubbling brook.

He had never been so thankful to see civilization before in his sixteen years of being a prince. He gleefully jumped into the brook and washed off the mud from his body, face and clothes, making himself look at least slightly more presentable before presenting himself at the door.

Donghae loved the water. He dove underneath and opened his eyes, marvelling at the crystal clear blue water where the sunlight shone through. As his head popped out of the water, he heard a loud piercing scream and the sound of something large falling into the water.

SPLASH!!!

Startled, Donghae immediately leapt out of the water. “I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to trespass!”

A young man with honey ginger hair and wearing a confused expression was staring at Donghae like he’d never seen a human before. Donghae fidgeted uncomfortably in his dripping wet clothes looking a sorry state.

The honey ginger man opened his mouth. “Who are you?”

Donghae bowed and apologized. “I’m Donghae. Also known as Snow White.”

“Why?”

“Because my teeth are as white as snow,” Donghae answered sheepishly. Damn his cousins for giving him that stupid nickname. “Did I scare you? I’m sorry. I’m just… Actually where am I?”

“You’re lost, aren’t you?” the man asked, then extended a hand for a shake. “I’m Leeteuk.”

Donghae was about to shake his hand when he felt a dark presence looming behind him. He immediately spun around and shrieked at the wet man standing behind him, scowling fiercely.

“H-Hi?”

Leeteuk grinned. “That’s my honeyboo. Kangin, play nice.”

Donghae gulped and bowed to him once again. Kangin flicked some water at him before scooping Leeteuk up in his arms. Leeteuk giggled. “Donghae, baby, why don’t you come in and dry yourself by the fireplace? I think the other kids have got a fire going.”

 

* * *

 

Donghae stepped into the cottage and was surprised to be greeted with a fluffy cat. The cat pounced on Donghae, who fell to the ground in surprise. A young man in a pink oversized shirt and fluffy bunny ears came running out to catch the cat, while another one came out running after the first one with only a towel wrapped around his waist. Donghae blushed when he thought what he saw was an hiding under the towel.

“Sungminnie! Where are you going?”

“Yah, Kyu, what did you go and open the door for? Shindong-ah ran out!”

Both promptly ignored Donghae, who had his mouth wide open the entire time.

Leeteuk appeared in the doorway about to welcome Donghae in but then suddenly caught sight of the burning kitchen and ran off towards that direction. “Wookie! I told you not to play with matches! Look what you’ve done!”

In the midst of the hullaballoo, Donghae felt something on his upper lip and drew back in surprise. He nearly yelped in shock when he realized it was a funny-looking young man staring lustfully at his lips… or where he thought he was staring.

“You have a nice philtrum,” he said, moving his finger to touch Donghae again, who quickly avoided it. “Yesung likes.”

 

* * *

 

“Sorry if we scared you,” Leeteuk apologized, while Kangin bear-hugged him from behind. “We’re the seven dwarves and we’re sort of on break right now so everyone’s gone cuckoo.”

 

* * *

 

Finally seated at the table for dinner, which Leeteuk invited Donghae to join after offering him dry clothes and a warm bath, Donghae noticed an empty chair right next to his. Leeteuk was busy feeding Kangin berries with his mouth, Kyuhyun whining for attention from Sungmin who was distractedly feeding the cat, and Ryeowook who was busy stuffing his face with food and letting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter