Kyungsoo/Jongin

Fun With Ficlets

Pairing: Kyungsoo/Jongin; mentions of Baekhyun/Chanyeol and Luhan/Joonmyun
Rating: PG13

continuation of Vampires In Space

- - -

Do it for me, Baekhyun had begged him, pouting as his sharp canines sunk into the swell of his lower lip.  Kyungsoo had meant to say no.  Honestly, he had.  But he’d been so distracted by the enticing picture in front of him that the yes slipped from him even when he knew the only reason Baekhyun was begging off the overnight watch was so he could cuddle up in the First Officer’s room, doing things that Kyungsoo doesn’t want to think about.

Kyungsoo’s usual haunt is down in engineering, keeping the ship running and constantly trying to find new ways to increase performance.  Captain Kim has always encouraged the members of his crew to learn how to run other stations, expanding their skills and possibly being useful in case of emergencies.  This isn’t the first time Kyungsoo’s manned the communication’s panel on the bridge.  He’s comfortable with the controls now, although he’s no good at deciphering any of the languages that come through save for a measly few.  Baekhyun knows them all, but Kyungsoo is still dependent on their translating functions.

He sits in the comfortable chair, only slightly put out that the bridge crew has softer furniture.  Kyungsoo, however, doesn’t sit very often when he’s on duty.  The ship’s engines need a caring hand to tame their personality, otherwise they’re likely to leave them stranded between galaxies.

As a werewolf, Kyungsoo doesn’t need as much sleep as the rest of the crew - at least compared to the humans.  He doesn’t think Baekhyun sleeps at all; the perks of being a vampire.  Now that Kyungsoo isn’t bound by the Earth’s moon, his wolf side has calmed significantly and all the energy he saves means that he can usually go several days before needing to sleep.

Behind him, Kyungsoo hears someone saunter toward his position, their gait unhurried and confident.  Jongin.

Kyungsoo doesn’t get along with many people - human and supernatural alike.  It’s the temper that comes with his wolf side.  Jongin is one of the few who seems to appease Kyungsoo’s wild side.  Jongin’s even been known to calm Kyungsoo’s wolf into a sated lull.

“Baekhyun?” Jongin purrs, coming into view.  There are a pair of black feline ears perched in Jongin’s messy hair, and an equally black tail flicks behind him lazily.  Jongin’s kind fall into the shapeshifter category, along with the werewolves, although they’re two completely separate species.

“Yeah,” Kyungsoo sighs, swiveling his chair to face Jongin.

Jongin’s nose is wrinkled.  “I can smell him on you.”  Jongin doesn’t hesitate before he’s sliding himself right into Kyungsoo’s lap, face pressed to Kyungsoo’s neck.  He’s always been territorial, but more now that Kyungsoo has allowed Jongin to seduce him into some sort of romantic relationship.  It’s quite common for Jongin to complain of the other scents that cling to Kyungsoo’s skin and he’ll spend however long it takes to cover them all with his own.  Kyungsoo will never admit it, but he enjoys the attention and the closeness of the feline.

The pair are interrupted by the doors opening in the background.  Jongin doesn’t stop, his tongue flicking possessively over the lobe of Kyungsoo’s ear.  He’s purring and Kyungsoo could melt against him if it wasn’t for Lu Han shuffling his way toward the Captain’s chair.  Kyungsoo raises an eyebrow as Lu Han throws himself down on the seat, head over the armrest and legs dangling.

“Can’t sleep?” Kyungsoo asks.

Lu Han lets out a groan.  “Joonmyun dreams so loud sometimes,” he complains.  “I tried doing laps down the hallways, but other people were worse.  And don’t get me started on what Baekhyun and Chanyeol are doing.  I didn’t need to be psychic to hear that.”  Lu Han lifts his head suddenly and his eyes widen.  “Jongin!” he calls.

Jongin pauses, looking back at Lu Han, his feline ears pointed in Lu Han’s direction.  “Sir?” Jongin inquires.  He’s so cute when he’s being formal.  It means he’s annoyed that Lu Han has interrupted him.  Kyungsoo gives his bottom a pat.

“You have one of the calmest personalities on this ship,” Lu Han begins, finally moving to sit the right way in the Captain’s chair.  “Snuggle me to sleep?”

Kyungsoo doesn’t like that idea, narrowing his eyes at Lu Han.  “Jongin is on duty.”

“No I’m not,” Jongin says at the same time that Lu Han says, “no he’s not.”

Jongin would look bashful if it was in him to actually be bashful.  “I stayed up because I knew you’d be here, glaring holes in Baekhyun’s terminal.”

“Jongin’s booked,” Kyungsoo tells Lu Han.  “I think Jongdae is on duty tonight,” Kyungsoo offers.  “See if he’ll sing you to sleep.”

Under normal circumstance, asking a siren to sing is a Bad Idea, but Lu Han isn’t normal and if Jongdae sings something to put him to sleep, he’ll knock right out.  Lu Han seems to be weighing the pros and cons - probably worried about how their Captain will feel if he wakes up and Lu Han’s not there - but his exhaustion seems to win the battle.  He slinks out with a tired wave and a thanks.

“You’re such a good person,” Jongin coos in Kyungsoo’s ear, fingers sweeping through Kyungsoo’s hair.

“I just didn’t want him taking you from me,” Kyungsoo confesses.

Jongin chuckles.  “You don’t fool me.  I know all about that sweet interior that’s buried beneath your wolf.”

Kyungsoo can feel his wolf rising; Jongin’s always been good at baiting him.  Kyungsoo’s eyes are yellow, his teeth a little sharper when he tugs the back of Jongin’s hair so the feline is face to face with him.  Jongin’s purring goes wild and he his plump lips as his tail flicks behind him.

Jongin makes the most soft, addicting noises every time Kyungsoo kisses him.  He’s so responsive, pressing himself fully to Kyungsoo as their kisses progress to making out.  On the bridge.  They could be reprimanded for this.  If anyone catches them - 

“Ah ha!”

Kyungsoo pulls back from Jongin’s mouth, his head a little hazy as he stares over at Baekhyun who’s just walked onto the bridge.  “Weren’t you occupied for the night?” Kyungsoo snarls at the vampire, more than a little put out at the interruption.

“I was,” Baekhyun smiles.  His eyes are gleaming and his hips sway as he nears his station.  “And now Chanyeol is snoring like a happy puppy and I’m bored.  I figured you wouldn’t mind letting me take over my post.”

There’s a biting comment on Kyungsoo’s tongue that he doesn’t get the chance to voice.  Jongin is only too happy to climb off Kyungsoo’s lap and pull the werewolf up after him.

“Enjoy your evening,” Baekhyun titters, watching the pair as they scurry off the bridge.

Kyungsoo plans to do just that, tugging Jongin toward his quarters.  If anyone else interrupts them, he’s going to literally bite their head off.