day one

Kindergarten

"Mom, I don't want to go to kindergarten" The small boy frowned, furrowing his eyebrows as he glared up at his mother, little sweater paws grabbing onto the sleeves of his mother's jumper. They were walking down the road, his mother finally being able to drag the average sized boy out of the house, heading to the kindergarten for the first time. She was happy and relieved the boy she held was finally willing to walk before he stood right there, not moving at all, when the sight of the kindergarten had finally came to sight.

"Wonwoo.. Dear, It's only for one day okay?" Mrs Jeon lied, tired from having to force her little boy to go to school.  "You've already skipped a year because you broke all the coloured pencils while crying because you wanted to go home so badly."

Wonwoo frowned even more, pulling the side of her mother's sleeve down harshly before stomping his feet once. "I don't care. It's not fair. I have the right as a human being to decide what I want to do."

Honestly, her mother blamed their father completely, for having so much fun teaching four year old Wonwoo sophisticated words. Now that the kid was five, he had learned that all human beings had a right to do something, that they were allowed to vote politically and more. It wasn't bad that their son was smart, but it was annoying when he began to argue using those terms.

"Darling, look" Wonwoo's mother squatted down and placed both her hands on the younger's shoulder. "It would do you good, you will be able to make friends as well, okay?"

The five year old boy continued to glare and his mother had begin to regret for choosing a man that had similar charismatic yet cold eyes. "I don't care. I don't like school."

"Darling, what don't you like about school? ? There is nothing wrong. You get to have fun! You basically play around and look, you get to learn the Korean alphabet more quickly!!"

Wonwoo looked away after crossing his slightly chubby and small arms. He knew his mother was right, but as a kid, his father had whispered to him and told him that if you want to be cool, disobey your mother. Of course it was a joke, but little Wonwoo here does not understand.

"Mom" The kid started. "I just-"

Suddenly, for god knows how and when, a small dog came chasing at Wonwoo, another boy around his age followed close behind, yelling and shouting loudly for the animal to stop. And before they knew it, the dog pounced right onto Wonwoo and knocked him on the ground.

"OH GOD, ARE YOU OKAY??" The boy following close behind widened his pair of brown orbs as he quickly pulled the puppy away from Wonwoo.

definitely not okay. Wonwoo had been scared of dogs ever since a puppy his lips when he was three. Scared because he thought that the dog had stolen his first kiss, which meant he had to marry it. "NO NO- GO AWAY!!" The boy winced, shutting his eyes tightly on the floor even though the dog was held tightly by the other.

"HEY. IT'S OKAY!" The other boy tilted his head and stared for a while before shouting at the one lying on the ground. He turned around and looked up at Wonwoo's mother, who still had her eyes widened, unable to believe what had just happened.

"Auntie, can you please hold the dog? ?" Without waiting for the answer the boy had tiptoed a little and placed the dog onto the woman's hand. He then turned around quickly to kneel down and shake the other.

"YO. MAN. IT'S OKAY!!" He shouted as loud as he could at the other as he shook him. 

Wonwoo didn't want to open his eyes just yet. This is why he didn't want to go to school. Something was bound to happen. But as he was shook harder and harder he felt a slightly irritated,  and allowed himself to open his eyes fully to glare at the one shaking him.

When his little eyes opened to reveal a concerned and worried looking boy, who had slightly darker skin than him and sharp features for a kid of their age, he couldn't help but stare and not say anything. 

"MINGYU!! ! MINGYU-AH!! HONEY!!" Another voice entered a while after, revealing a woman the same height and similar aged as Wonwoo's mother.

As soon as the other boy had opened his eyes to glare at him, Mingyu was awe-struck. He never knew a boy his age could look so cool, cooler than himself if he had to admit honestly. He never knew a boy his age can look so cold either. He was scared, the other was staring at him and he could only stare back, noticing the other had a pointy nose and a tuff of hair hiding his eyebrows.

"Ahh- I finally found you Mingyu!! Where is the dog now?" Mingyu's mother panted as she arrived at the scene, noticing the woman next to her slightly confused at what was happening, she took the dog quickly and thanked her.

"What are you doing Ming-" The woman noticed that his little boy was having some sort of staring contest with what she assumed to be the woman's own son and raised an eyebrow.

"HI. I'M MINGYU" Mingyu greeted as he let go of the others shoulder and bowed once.

Wonwoo was surprised at the others action and felt a little flustered. He though, was still slightly irritated. "stop shouting geez" He looked away quickly and avoided the others gaze.

Mingyu looked slightly disappointed and therefore, jutted his bottom lip out, stood up and looked at the boy.

"Wonwoo ah, don't be so rude!! Who taught you to be like that." Wonwoo's mother, finally being able to grasp the situation immediatedly helped her son up before apologising to the other's mother.

As she did, she began to find out more about them, it seems like her son will be going to the same kindergarten as the others son. Because of a conversation sparked up suddenly,  the two woman had left the there two boys alone.

"So, Won.. . Woo?" Mingyu tilted his and looked at the other amusingly, as they were around the same height. The boy blinked a few times,  excited as it could possibly be his first ever friend made and also by the fact that the other interested him.

"Yes" Wonwoo paused and blinked, staring at the other again, seemingly thinking of something before subconsciously smiling. "Mingyu"

At the sound of his name, Mingyu's eyes went wide again, along with his little lips into a wide grin, and Wonwoo swore it was sparkling or something. "HIIIIII!! YOU SMILED!!"

Wonwoo was taken aback slightly before he started laughing. "I SAID, STOP SHOUTING!!" He grinned widely before he was yet again taken aback when the younger took hold of his hands and begin skipping down the street in the direction of the kindergarten.

Okay. Wonwoo didn't know what just happened, but maybe, going to Kindergarten wouldn't be that bad afterall.

---

It was horribly chaotic when they reached the kindergarten. Wonwoo had begun regretting having stepped out of his house again as his three-minutes-ago-established best friend decided to let go of his hands and ran right into, yes, right into the huge teddy bear placed near the entrance of the kindergarten.

He mentally facepalmed and waved goodbye and bowed a few times to his mother and best friends mother before running away to the colouring area, his favourite area, where he was deciding whether or not to break the colour pencils again or not.

Meanwhile, there was already four other boys there, one who was laying on the cushion seeming tired and done with everything,  while the other three was chasing each other, running around everywhere. 

One tripped, and began crying and the other two retreated, a little scared themselves before another one had began crying as well. It was as if it was a chain effect. And the poor kindergarten teacher, named doogi, had started running around everywhere, trying to fix and help and play and comfort every kid in the room.

Soon, a few more kids arrived and a little while after, there was thirteen boys in total. Some looked younger, some older, some taller, some shorter. Most of them were slightly chubby too. They all had one thing in common though, no matter how quiet or calm or cute or nice they seem, they are all troublemakers.

Doogi had learnt all their bad habits when he opened his kindergarten and thirteen worried mothers came running in for application into the school. One of the questions in the form was to describe the kid they want to sent in school and therefore, he quickly learned that it might be a tough job to keep all of them still.

How unfortunate that there was no girl applicants. He sighed.

If you were to stand in front of the kindergarten room right now, you would've wanted to cry or felt sorry for poor doogi because thirteen boys in one room, and spread out everywhere really wasn't pleasant.

A kid named Seungcheol had thick eyebrows and sharp features, even as a small boy, he looked a little muscular, and big in size. He sat near the middle of the room with a bucket and a small shovel used to play at the beach and began stabbing the floor with it. The boy had a small tuff of hair tied up on top of his hair, making it seem like an apple stem. If it wasn't for him aggressively stabbing the floor, he would be an adorable kid. Fun fact, when doogi checked the application, it seemed like out of all thirteen boys, he was the oldest. That would make him more mature right? Well, we'll see.

Then, a tiny boy named Jihoon who had got off from laying on the cushion and a taller skinnier one named Seokmin, who grinned brightly enough that it could possibly be brighter than the sun, joined Seungcheol. They were role playing,  pretending there was sand on the floor as they begin to scoop it up and put it inside the bucket, in hope of building a sandcastle.

Once they had scooped up all the sand, Seungcheol looked at the other two.

"Are you guys ready??" He wiggled his eyebrows and gave a cheeky grin.

"HELL YES" Seokmin shouted out excitedly while Jihoon simply nodded enthusiastically. 

Then, the apple haired boy counted to three slowly before flipping the bucket upside down and revealing their made 'sandcastle' with a bright smile. 

"HURRAY!! !" The three of them cheered and Seokmin began to sang a song to celebrate the special event.

One of the boys named Soonyoung was chubby, he came to kindergarten wearing a taekwondo outfit, claiming that he was the master of martial arts. The young boy had slanted eyes that made it look like the arms of a clock at 10:50. When he smiled, you could see one of his tooth had just fell out and it made him hilarious for the other kids. Immediately, two of the others, one named Minghao and one named Chan had surrounded him, played with him and laughed as if he was the class clown.

Then of course, Soonyoung wasn't the only chubby kid, there was one named Boo Seungkwan, who's currently jumping around and following a mixed boy named Hansol. Finding the other amusing as he never saw a Korean with "more pretty features than him". Of course, instead of saying that out loud to Doogi as he frowned and pouted, he didnt to the one he was following.

"Yo man. I, here, is way better and cooler than you. Hmph!" Then, suddenly a boy named Junhui stepped onto Soonyoung's stage, claiming that he was a master at something called Wushu. This was a skill, claimed by himself and his dad apparently, to be on par with or even better than taekwondo. The boy held his head up proudly as he looked down at the slightly shorter Soonyoung, who only stared at the other, looking at him with a somewhat judging look as a double chin slowly appeared on his face. It was a hilarious looking face and Junhui ended laughing so much that he didn't notice Soonyoung kick his leg lightly, causing him to trip.

Then of course, another crying session happened.

Amidst all that, Mingyu was beginning to befriend another boy named Junghan. The boy was a little chubbier than himself and walked in with a small soccerball in his hand. Junghan had feminine features and short black hair but as Mingyu described it, it was soft like the teddy bear's fur. The two began talking about soccer and started kicking the ball around, having fun with each other and having loud conversations over which soccer team is better than the other.

Meanwhile, Wonwoo /accidently/ broke a colour pencil and grinned to himself. He once claimed afterall, that if you can break something, it means you have grown a little stronger. So it was his strange goal.

The boy was definitely happy and jumped up and down, running around and showing everyone he could how he had just wrestled and broken, like,  two really strong yellow-coloured pencils. He was, in a way making friends as well, surprisingly, and to him, kindergarten was now officially no longer boring.

The boy grabbed onto one called Jisoo who was reading a book before they introduced themselves to each other. Wonwoo grinned as he pointed at the others sharp looking eyes and pointed at his own.

"Your eyes are pretty and special like mine!!" He claimed as he grinned widely. 

That made Jisoo turn slightly pink due to the sudden compliment, and in return, he laughed and complimented the other back with, "I think yours back you look cooler."

And of course, the other turned slightly pink as well. And there, ladies and gentleman, was how Jeon Wonwoo and his new found friend Hong Jisoo started having a complimenting competition before a heated 'how many fictional characters can you name' competition.

Suddenly, a boy walked onto the coloured floor and stood right in the middle, legs slightly apart, spread confidently. It turns out to be the eldest boy with apple hairstyle as the rest of the twelve kids looked at him with curiosity of what he was about to do.

He took a deep breathe in before declaring. "I ANNOUNCE MYSELF AS THE LEADER OF YOU ALL. HAHAHAHAH"

There was an awkward silence.

And a small soccerball came flying right at Seungcheol's face, accidently from Soonyoungs foot.

"oops." The quiet sound of the boy who had just landed a ball right at another's face echoed the room as he revealed his smile and the empty space between his teeth.

Then another wave of crying noises spread across the room.  

 


A/N:

my hand slipped.

i dont know what i wrote.

i apologize you had to read this.