Time to Shine

Say What?!

It was time for the festival to commence. Many rich and working class people had come to see the stalls but most of them were anticipating the huge competition between the six rich members of the student council and the new commoner. Most, if not all were betting that the six rich members would win by a landslide but Leo knew that everyone would be in shock. He knew what they lacked. Creativity. Sure, being polite and serving in the best area was a great attraction but doing it every year...it was just boring. He was walking to see Jaebum's stall. It wasn't glorious or anything but it did attract some people already. Leo had underestimated him completely. He held a race to see who can reach to the goal first, free of charge. Once the contestants were tired, they can go to one of the two food stalls right next to Jaebum's stall. Leo thought it was pretty smart of him since there weren't many places for Jaebum to set a race up. Jaebum was just finishing up another race with the guests and was in the middle of giving out a small pin and a quick drawing of the winner when Leo had walked up to him. "I'm impressed," Leo said.

"You'll be more impressed when I show my final act!" Jaebum exclaimed while grinning.

"I didn't think you were an artist."

"Actually, I love to draw. It's second to my love of something."

"Well, I never expected...that you attracted even most of the rich people over here."

"I didn't either actually..." Jaebum could only manage a tired smile before Leo offered a bottle of water to him. He accepted it graciously and started to drink the water down. "I have to say...I'm impressed to see how many people you managed to bring in," a familiar voice said. Jaebum and Leo looked up at an angry looking Mark. Jackson, Youngjae and Jinyoung were right behind him. "Oh. Excuse me but that white bandaid is a nice touch to your face," Jaebum snickered.

"You-."

"It's kinda true. I wished it just helped with your attitude," Jaebum smiled as he waved at the three other people behind him. Jinyoung walked over to Jaebum and sat down on his lap. Jaebum widened his eyes in surprise while Jackson started to whine. "Uh...what are you doing, Jinyoung?" Jaebum asked.

"You looked comfy, hyung!" Jinyoung answered with a bright smile. 

"Get off!" Jackson whined.

"No," Jinyoung snickered.

"That isn't fair!" 

"Make me get off of his lap then, whiny baby."

"Hey, you two..." Jaebum could only sigh as he pushed Jinyoung off his lap lightly.

"Mark's acting like a sore loser because our stall is second to yours," Youngjae piped up. Jaebum looked over to see Youngjae and waved at him. "Hey, Youngjae!" he grinned. Jinyoung and Jackson turned to look at Youngjae. "YAH. WHY ARE YOU BEING CLOSE?!" Jackson yelled. Jaebum could only laugh as he got up and looked to see the people lining up for another round of obstacle racing. "Well, you four can go have fun but I have a stall to run. Also, looks like Yugyeom challenges the all snobby king to a race," he said the last part of the sentence with emphasis before walking back to his stall. Youngjae could only laugh as Mark was fuming in rage. "President, why don't you let your rage off by participating in Jaebum's stall?" Jinyoung suggested.

"I want to participate!" Jackson nodded eagerly.

"You idiots. We have a stall to run," Mark growled.

"Yeah, but Bambam is doing his job and is having fun," Youngjae walked off "Don't worry, Prez. I'm going to go help Bambam right now." Mark could only watch Youngjae walk off while thinking to himself. He couldn't help but notice that Youngjae's behavior. Laid back but something seems hidden. Just like the king of jerks, Jaebum. He huffed and walked off to Jaebum's stall and waited. Jaebum started to call for Yugyeom and Mark to line up at the start. "Ready...set...go!" he called out. Yugyeom and Mark ran off to the obstacles. Yugyeom could only snicker as he easily gain an advantage with his long legs. Mark glared at Yugyeom as he jumped over a few blocks. "You're going down, Pres," Yugyeom called out.

"In your goddamn dreams," Mark yelled and bolted to the rings. With that, Yugyeom and Mark were yelling insults at each other while Jinyoung, Jackson and Jaebum were watching from the finish line. Jinyoung could only sigh while clinging to Jaebum's arm. "Um...you should let go?" Jaebum suggested. 

"Why, hyungie...?"

"Look behind you," Jinyoung turned to look at Jackson who was radiating an angry aura. Jaebum slowly moved away and started to stretch his arms. Jackson and Jinyoung watched as Jaebum stretched. Jaebum looked to see who would get to finish line first. Mark was first but Yugyeom was close behind. "And finishing first is...oh?" Jaebum blinked in surprise as Yugyeom had managed to catch  up with Mark. They both crossed the finish line at the same time so it was hard for Jaebum to determine who the winner was. "Mm...they both are tied so they both won," he decided and waved for the two men to walk over to him. He smiled and took out two big pieces of paper. "Since you two tied, I'm going to draw each of you before the next race starts," Jaebum said as he took one look at Yugyeom and drew him quickly. Yugyeom crouched down to see what Jaebum was drawing while Mark was shocked. "You...can draw?"

"Of course I can," Jaebum answered. 

"Jaebum, I'll start the next race before you do your last act," Leo said as he had walked over to Jaebum. Jaebum looked up at Leo and nodded before grabbing the big paper and handing it to Yugyeom. "Congrats, lil one. I never thought you would run fast," Jaebum commented. Yugyeom lightly hit Jaebum on the back. "I'm not lil!" he complained. Jaebum could only laugh as he waved Yugyeom away before starting to draw Mark. Mark watched Jaebum draw quickly. He wanted to say something mean to Jaebum but nothing came to mind since he and almost every guest who came in were caught offguard at what Jaebum was showing. "Is this all you're showing for the festival?" he asked. Jaebum could only smile before shrugging. "You need to wait," he answered. Mark could bite on the inside of his cheek as he was curious to know what Jaebum was going to do after.

--------------------------------------------

Leo was about to tell Jaebum that the few races were completed but as he walked to Jaebum, he saw Youngjae leaning against the wall. "What is it, Youngjae?" he asked as he didn't look over. Youngjae could only smile innocently and approached Leo slowly. "Oh nothing. I was going to ask how the cold king was," he answered. Leo had a small inkling as to what Youngjae was going after. "How come you don't overthrow the president yourself?" 

"Because the cold king is the one who has to do it," Youngjae mused.

"But you are closer to Mark than Jaebum is," Leo shook his head in confusion.

"I have tried before but it failed, remember?" Youngjae sighed once.

"So...what do you want from me then?" 

"Simple. Keep an eye on the cold king. Jaebum is probably trying to forget his memories of being a cold king."

"He has more to his past," Leo nodded once.

"Show me."

"I can't but I'll watch Jaebum closely."

"He's a lovely toy...I mean pawn to use."

"Don't become his enemy, Youngjae."

"I won't since it seems he is nice towards me."

"Works in your favor..."

"Of course. Mark is slowly becoming a hot tempered person and I don't want that for the school." Youngjae chuckled lightly.

"He doesn't know that you and him are related..." Leo paused for a moment while looking at Youngjae.

"He doesn't. He still thinks his father is single and my mother is single. Big surprise for him," Youngjae grinned before walking away. Leo could only chuckle but felt slightly worried for Jaebum. 'Jaebum, be smart and don't get entangle in this game we play...' he thought while walking over to Jaebum with a plastered smile. Only these two knew that the start of a heavy storm was coming to affect everyone.