Festival Preparations

Say What?!

Jaebum started to stretch his legs as he sat on the floor of a gym room. Leo was sitting next to him and watching Jaebum with a smile. "So what do you plan to do for your stall?" he asked.

"It's going to be a surprise, Leo," Jaebum answered as he smiled secretly.

"Why's that?" Leo asked while blinking in surprise.

"If I told you, the six jerks...I mean kings would know and that's not fun since I wanted to surprise people," Jaebum nodded as he slowly got up and parted his legs into the splits.

"Ouch. You make us sound evil, Jaebummie," a familiar voice called out. Jaebum and Leo turned their heads to see that Jinyoung was standing at the doorway of the gym. Jinyoung flashed an innocent smile as he walked in and leaned against one of the walls. "Nice legs," he commented. Jaebum felt his eyes redden slightly as he turned his head back to Leo. "Why is he here?!" he asked not so loudly.

"He's spying," Leo answered while chuckling.

"How rude! I can't come by and say hi to my fellow classmate?" Jinyoung shook his head in mock disappointment.

"I'm your only fellow classmate besides the other five jerks!" Jaebum exclaimed.

"Bummie hyung is so harsh when talking about us..," another familiar voice called out. Jaebum turned his head to see that Bambam had just walked into the room. "What are you doing here?" Jinyoung asked without looking up.

"Mark was wondering where you ran off to. He said that he has a punishment for you since you skipped work today," Bambam answered before turning to look at Jaebum. "Ah, hyungie!" 

"The hell you want, kid?" Jaebum silently wished that he and Leo could go and talk some more. He slowly moved his legs back together while stretching his back a little bit. "You are so cute when mean~," Bambam said in a singsong tone.

"Kid, you're crazy and weird," Jaebum shook his head and reached down to grab Leo by the arm. "C'mon. Let's go talk somewhere else."

"Bummie hyungie~. Be careful~," Bambam warned while making a cute face.

"Be careful of what?" Jaebum didn't look back as he was near the door.

"Mark might try to pull your act from the festival," Bambam nodded once.

"Well, he won't be able to since Jaebum's act is final," Leo snickered.

"Say what?!" Jinyoung and Bambam exclaimed.

"I made sure not even the all powerful president can withdraw Jaebum's act."

"Oh wow...thank you, hyung!" Jaebum smiled and bowed his head once. Leo reached over and ruffled Jaebum's hair teasingly. 'Ah. So polite.' he thought. Jinyoung walked up over to Jaebum and tugged his arm. "Can I see what your act looks like?" he asked in a pouty tone.

"I guess? But I was going to show Leo first," Jaebum answered as he reached over and lightly patted Jinyoung's head "Maybe tomorrow?"

"I wanna see too!" Bambam exclaimed.

"Well...it wouldn't be a surprise if I just showed the six kings, will it?" Jaebum shook his head while smiling teasingly. Leo took that chance to grab Jaebum by the arm and started to walk to a different gym room. Jaebum blinked in surprise and looked to Leo. "Uhm...we kinda left the two kings in there.." he said while lightly pulling at Leo's sleeve.

"Yeah but those two are going to start some stupid contest," Leo shook his head.

"Shouldn't they be preparing for the festival?"

"The six kings already know their parts in the festival. It gets boring but women love their act."

"Hm...alright. Leo, where are we going?"

"To a dance room."

"Oh goody."

------------------------------

As Leo and Jaebum reached to the dance room, Mark and Jackson were sitting in there and waiting for them. Leo scowled a little bit while Jaebum tensed up. "Why are you two here?" Leo asked.

"We wanted to see the transfer student's act," Jackson answered with a grin.

"And what makes you think you will be able to?" Leo retorted.

"Why can't we see, teacher?" Mark tried to ask nicely.

"Wouldn't that be considered cheating if you knew what his act was before everyone else?"

"Well, isn't it cheating that you pulled some strings so I couldn't pull his act from the festival?"

"Nope."

"Then, my answer is nope."

"You can't see."

"And I want to see."

"Why?"

"So I can say it's bad and pull it with him saying that it's okay."

SMACK! A loud slap resonated in the room. Jackson and Leo widened his eyes as they saw Jaebum step around Mark and slap him across the cheek. Mark looked stunned at what just happened. Jaebum crossed his arms as he glared at Mark defiantly. "Just because you run the whole goddamn school doesn't give you the authority to determine beforehand if my act is bad. You and the five knuckleheads might be the ones who win the festival contest but don't act so snobby, jerk," he said in a cold tone. Mark glared back at Jaebum and reached to grab his collar. Jaebum took a few steps forward and stared down at Mark. "You might be a ing prince in this school but you're just a snobby guy," he growled before stepping back to the door. Leo and Jackson stayed frozen in their places as Mark could only watch Jaebum walk out of the dance room. "He dared to raise his hand..." Mark trailed off.

------------------------------------------

Jaebum headed back to his classroom and started kicking at the walls. "Who the hell do you think you are?!" he asked angrily to himself as he punched the wall. 

"Are you okay, hyung?" a familiar voice called out. Jaebum turned his head slightly and looks to see Youngjae looking at him with an angelic smile. He could only nod a little bit before Youngjae moved a little bit closer and looked at Jaebum in the eyes. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah. Just a little bit angry." Jaebum answered as he turned his head away.

"Mm...well whatever it is, hope you beat it with a punch," Youngjae grinned.

"I..I guess? Doesn't this school have something on violence?"

"Not as much as you think."

"So I ended up beating up Mark, nothing would happen?"

"Eh...you can do that but Mark might end up bringing his lawyers in."

"...Just how rich are you people?"

"Very rich?"

"That explains a lot."

"Anyways, I was going see what your act was but I like defying Mark. Good luck at the festival." With that, Youngjae turned and walked off. Jaebum blinked and was slightly puzzled at Youngjae. 'Odd...he isn't snobby...and he's nice...' he thought as he slumped against the wall.

-------------------------

Youngjae walked back to the council room and grinned to himself. "So Mark got what he deserved from the cold king huh? Serves him right for his attitude," he mumbled to himself. He wasn't the type to get involved with fights but this Jaebum character was proving to be an interesting toy to watch. Not only had he spoke back against Mark but it seemed that he had slapped Mark. "I wonder what else Jaebum can get away with before Mark acts like a little kid and runs to his parents," he snickered as he walked into the council room. As he had heard and expected, Mark was in his usual seat and had an ice pack against his cheek while Jackson was trying to calm him down. Yugyeom was fighting with Jinyoung and Bambam was acting like a drama queen when he had asked Jackson what happened to Mark. Youngjae quietly bowed his head for being late and moved to sit in his seat while smirking to himself. 'One day...the cold king is going to overthrow the president and rule this council.' he thought as he started to go through his work.