Who are you?

Say What?!

7 am

Beep-beep! 

The alarm clock on a nightstand went off a few times before Jaebum pressed the snooze button. Slowly, he pushed the covers off and stretched his arms. "Hm...my first day at a new class..." he thought to himself as he walked to go and grab his uniform. "Wonder if I can make a few friends. I'm hopeful!" Jaebum nodded to himself as he grabbed his bag on his way out of his bedroom. 

"Jaebum-ah! Are you awake yet?!" his mother yelled from the kitchen.

"Yes, umma! I'm coming!" Jaebum yelled back as he entered the bathroom, cleaning up himself and brushing his teeth.

"Dear, he's doing what he's told. Lay off of him. He's not 5 years old anymore," his father said to his wife.

"But..." his mother trailed off as she caught sight of Jaebum running down the stairs with his bag. Jaebum smiled brightly at his parents before walking over and grabbing his lunch. "I'm off, umma and appa!" he exclaimed as he ran out the door, leaving his parents to shake their heads slightly.

"He changed, didn't he?" his mother asked while smiling.

"Not at all. Maybe transferring him to this prestigious school helped," his father answered as he sipped his coffee.

------------------

Jaebum took out a piece of paper with the location to his new school. From what he heard, this school was really tough and competitive. Jaebum liked to have a challenge so his parents allowed him to apply for the school. As he walked along the sidewalk, Jaebum hummed a soft melody and was quite happy when he had taken the tests and gotten flying colors. He remembered his parents' expressions when they saw his test results. Through sheer will and studying, Jaebum had managed to pass the entrance exams with the top scores. Continuing in the direction where the new school was, Jaebum took his glasses off and slide it over his eyes. "I hope that I will get through the first day without any problems.." he thought to himself. As he approached the school gates, he looked around and saw a few people inside. Stepping into the school grounds, Jaebum saw a few people playing basketball while others were playing soccer. No one turned to see him so he headed to go find his homeroom. Walking through the school doors, Jaebum walked up the stairs and headed towards the east wing. "Hey." an unfamiliar voice called out. Jaebum didn't turn as he had just spotted the teacher's lounger. He headed towards it but then a big hand landed on his shoulder. Jaebum turned around slightly and looked up at the male stranger. "You're new, aren't you?" the tall male stranger asked.

"Yeah," Jaebum responded simply.

"You look lost. Do you have your schedule?"

"I do!"

"Take it out and maybe we might have some classes together," Jaebum followed the male's instructions and handed his class schedule over to the male. The male took a quick glance at it before widening his eyes in shock. "Y-you...," the stranger stuttered while looking at Jaebum.

"I?" Jaebum asked as he stared at the male in confusion.

"You're in the special classes, kid," 

"Special classes?"

"You're grouped with the student council."

"Huh? What does that mean?"

"How to say it...you're with the gifted kids."

"Gifted kids? Who are they?"

"The six kings of the school to be precise."

"Huh...smart or rich wise?"

"Both."

"So who are these six?"

"You have the President. Then the Vice President, the Secretary, the Treasurer and the two upcoming underclassmen who are competing for the President's attention."

"Huh...sounds like a clingy group."

"More or less."

"Anyways, where's this classroom?" Jaebum pointed to the top slot of his schedule while looking up at the male.

"Ah. That's upstairs on the third floor. Room 301 should be the first room you see on your right," 

"Oh thanks! What's your name, stranger?"

"I'm Hongbin but just call me Bin. What's yours?"

"I'm Jaebum and it's nice to meet you, Bin!"

"Alright, I gotta head off to look for my other friends. If you need anything, just ask the teachers," With that, Hongbin turned and walked towards the stairs as he waved at Jaebum. Jaebum smiled in content since he made a friend on the first day of school. He followed Hongbin's instructions and headed up the stairs. When he reached his classroom, he opened the door and looked around the classroom before his jaw dropped. What he saw was only a few desks while the walls were decorated with fancy colors and pictures. "Is this really a classroom? What the hell...?" Jaebum set his bag down on a chair near the window before heading out of the classroom to look for a teacher to help him find the rest of his classes.

------------------

"Oih! Yugyeom, give me some of your breakfast!"

"No! Go eat your own, Jackson!"

"But it doesn't taste good...ouch! What was that for, Jinyoungie?!"

"You're too loud, Jackson."

"Pfft. When am I not loud, Jinyoungie?"

"Youngjae, do you want some of my sandwich?"

"No! You put cucumbers in it! You know I don't like that, Bambam!"

"It wasn't on purpose!"

"Will you knuckleheads shut up? We're almost at school and I don't need a headache."

"Sorry, Mark..."

The six kings of the school started to walk into the school building while some of the girls started watching them. The leader of the group gave the girls a warm smile as he passed by them. The girls started blushing as they tried to follow but the tallest of the six stared at them, daring them to take another step towards them. The girls shrinked away. The six kings headed to their homeroom classroom. When they stepped into the classroom, they all spotted a bag on one of the seats that they never seen before. "Who's bag is that?" Jackson asked while reaching to grab the bag. Jinyoung slapped his hand away. "Don't take someone's bag," he said. Jackson whimpered quietly at the hit as he walks over to the windows and starts observing. "It seems we have a new classmate," Youngjae said.

"And how do you know that?" Bambam asked as he raised an eyebrow.

"Mark informed me,"

"Mark..?" Yugyeom asked.

"He caught my eye since he got the top score on the entrance exams," Mark answered as he set his bag down on a chair. 

"Speaking of a new classmate, is that him outside with the multiple earrings?" Jackson asked from his spot at the window. The other five kings perked up and walked over to where Jackson was. They looked at where Jackson was pointing. There was an unfamiliar guy walking around on the school grounds. His hair was dark red and his ears were adorned with seven piercings. His back was turned towards the six kings but they all could tell that he was strong just by viewing his backside. "Whoa...the new kid looks pretty hot," Jackson commented.

"Those piercings...," Youngjae said in awe.

"He looks cute," Yugyeom added.

"Say..." Jinyoung started while glancing over at Mark.

"Jinyoungie, is his hair naturally red?" Bambam asked.

"It might be but didn't this new kid beat Mark?" Jinyoung asked as he smirked. Mark felt a shiver go down his spine as he held onto his composure. "It was only by a point, Jinyoung." he answered. The other four kings turned and looked at Mark in surprise. "Someone..beat you in the entrance exams?" Yugyeom asked in amazement.

"Only by a point," 

"Whoa...someone is better at studying than Mark...,"

"Shut up," 

"Anyways, doesn't this new kid intrigued you?" Jinyoung asked while taking his phone out and tapping it.

"Why should he?" Jackson replied, looking confused.

"He doesn't know who we are," 

"And?"

"Almost everyone who transfers into this school usually know us,"

"That's true but...Mark, what's wrong?" the five kings turned to looked at their President. Mark was not pleased that their new classmate had beaten him but it was just a mere exam. He was sure that he could beat their new classmate easily. "Oh? Nothing. What else do you know about our new classmate?" he asked as he stared back at the five kings.

"He's nothing special of now but there's been restricted access to gain further information about his background," Jinyoung answered.

"Mm...well he doesn't seem like anything special," Jackson said with a short nod.

"Heh. Keep an eye on our new classmate," Mark instructed as he turned towards the door. The other five kings widened their eyes in surprise before they followed their leader with their bags. 

------------------

Jaebum was walking up the stairs with a quiet sigh. He couldn't find the stranger who had helped him this morning. As he stepped up to the third floor, he was bumped into someone. Jaebum continued on but heard a soft "Tch. Shouldn't you say excuse me?" Slowly, he turned his head as his eyes narrowed at the voice. "Hmph. Should you be saying that since you walked into me?" he answered coldly before turning back and stepping into the classroom. He closed the door behind him and moved to sit down on his chair. "Aish...I don't have any friends in this class...the six kings...? What are they like?" he mumbled to himself while waiting for the teacher.

"So nice of you to come in before homeroom started, kid," an unfamiliar voice called out.

"E-eh?" Jaebum turned to look for the source of that voice.

"Hey there, kid," the person with the voice waved out at him with a smile. Jaebum looked over and smiled shyly at the stranger. "Hiya...um...?"

"Call me sensei or teacher. So you are Jaebum, hm?"

"Yes...wait how did you know?"

"You're the first person to be in this special division. Other than you, it's the student council usually."

"Ah..um...I think Hongbin...I mean Bin told me!"

"Bin, huh? He's my little brother."

"W-whoa...so then who are you?"

"My name is Leo. My formal name is Taekwoon but I prefer Leo if talking to adults."

"So...um...are you related to Bin in anyway?"

"Not in the slightest. We are childhood friends and he thinks we are brothers."

"That's cute!"

"Anyways, are you ready for class?"

"I am...wait where's the student council?"

"Most likely busy so it'll be just you and me." Jaebum smiled at this and just nodded. "Alright...um...one question." 

"What is it, Jaebum-ah?" Leo asked while turning to grab his papers.

"Can you help me find my other classes?"

"Ah...did you know?"

"Know?"

"I'm going to be your teacher for all those classes." Jaebum's eyes widened at this. "Wow...you are so smart..." Leo quietly laughed as he took a marker and wrote on the whiteboard. "You know, kid. You're the only one to compliment me. Not one of those stupid 'kings' ever said anything to me."

"Why not, sensei?" Jaebum answered as he took his notebook out.

"Well, they're just a little snobby with their wealth. Hopefully, you're going to get along with them."

"I haven't seen them yet so I don't know..."

"Anyways, it's time for you to learn the rules of the school so here we go," Leo started to say as the bell for homeroom rang through the school building.

------------------

"Hmph. Should you be saying that since you walked into me?"

Mark was shocked that someone had the guts to say that to him. Sure, he might have been the one who wasn't looking at where he was going but he was never answered back so quickly and coldly. He was slightly enraged to the point the other five kings could only watch their leader work at a quick pace. "That new kid has some guts," Jackson commented.

"Not only that. Did you hear his voice?" Jinyoung added.

"You mean the coldness or the deep tone?" Youngjae asked.

"The coldness that caught Mark offguard," Yugyeom answered. Mark felt that a vein could be seen on his forehead. "Jackson, go out and check to see which clubs are going to participate in the festival. Jinyoung, check for how many outfits we need to order. Youngjae, go and make sure Jackson doesn't do something stupid. Yugyeom, track down Bambam," he said in a commanding voice. The four kings could go through with their leader's orders. As they walked away from their leader, all of them were chuckling under their breath. "Seems like we have a feisty classmate who would challenge our leader. We should go meet him soon," Jinyoung said with a nod.

"To think someone could infuriate our leader so easily," Jackson smiled.

"Let's keep an eye out on this new classmate of ours," they all agreed. The four kings all knew that a storm would approach so they decided to lay back and watch.

------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Hey there. I hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter. I'll see you guys with more updates. Thanks for all the love!

Side note: Thank you the follower who pointed this out. I used sensei because...well I liked how it sounded and I had no idea what people say in Korean for teacher.