Chapter 1: Picture From the Past & Introduction

Curse of Gyungdon High

Before this chapter starts, please do write in mind that I will not take their real ages in the story. What I mean is not exactly the date or anything 'cause it's hard to calculate everything. 

FLASHBACK. 1969

Gasps of people can be heared as the sun shines, it is 7 in the morning. And in the main entrance of Gyungdon High, a lifeless body can be seen, surrounded with blood.

"Is-is that Jie-"
"NO! IT CAN'T BE TRUE." Kang Sohee shouted.

"Sonsaengnim! Do you perhaps know something about this?!" A muscular tan-skinned man shouted with respect.

"Siwon, if I knew something then I would have done something already. This is an accident...." A blonde guy that seems to be on his 20's patiently said.

"..Class starts at 8:30, you better be in class already or else the teachers will scold you." the teacher continued.

"How come you sound as if you don't care!!! Jieun is there, lying lifelessly!!! Shouldn't you be doing som-" Siwon shouted.

"Go to your respective classrooms! This is an order from your teacher!"

Siwon is furious while Kang Sohee is trying to stop her sobbing. Siwon accompanied and helped Sohee. Students with emotionless expressions went back to their classrooms.

How can they not care about Jieun?! This is all their fault! - Siwon thought.


Current year: 2009

Yuri's POV:

Oh, hello, my name is Kwon Yuri. I am from Daegu but because of family problems, I had to go to Seoul. And, here I am, being enrolled to Gyungdon High.

Actually I am living with my relatives right now, and the reason for why they chose this old, scary and creepy school is because these relatives of mine, every generation, have studied here. I am an only child and my father owns a company while my mother.. uhm.. died in an accident 35 years ago, I wanna know why but they won't tell me.

I wore my uniform, even the uniform looks so old.

I entered the school gates. Hmm, it's kinda big and.. peaceful? Are there students here? Oh wait.

"Yah! Why is your shirt crumpled? You should've gave me this awhile ago!" A girl whose very white shouted.

"I'm sorry Eonni. I kinda rushed, Seul was taking so long in the bathroom." The girl who looks like a chipmunk pouted. Ugh.

"It's okay Wend-"

"Ahem. Sorry for interrupting but do you know where to see what room are you in?" I asked, feeling kinda sorry because I interrupted their chat.

"Oh, It's okay Eonni. What grade are you in?"

The girl who asked me receive a flick on her forehead.

"Yah! You're so stupid Wendy. She's asking for where to know what room you're in and yet you ask her what room she is. I'm sorry for my friend, I'm Bae Joohyun by the way, but you can call me Irene, and this is Son Seungw-"

"My name is Wendy, Eonni." Wendy quickly said.

"It's okay she's just embarassed because she thinks it's a boy's name." Irene said.

"Nooo, it's okay. You guys are cute, though."

"Oh okay Eonni, you can see your name and room in the door near the main hall. We gotta go now Eonni, bye!"

Wendy said then quickly pulling Irene, Irene was looking at her with a weird face, but Irene still managed to smile at me and mouthed a 'sorry'. I smiled back too.

I opened the door. So there was the students, all crumbled up. It was really crowded in where the papers were posted.

As I was trying to see what's up, I accidentally bumped into a doe-faced person.

"Uh... Uh.. I'm.. Sorry."
He seems really shy.

"No, no, I'm sorry." I said

"Are you trying to look at the board? You can go here in my front."

"Thanks Sir."

"You can call me Luhan."

"Yuri."

I looked up and saw my name..

Kwon Yuri, class 4-C.

Not bad, before I left, I tried to check who my classmates are.

I slowly got out of there and remembered that name. Jessica Jung, Jessica Jung, Jessica Jung, Jessica Jung.

Maybe she's friendly.

It was eight and our teacher was already there. Nothing much were being talked about, we're only introducing ourselves.

I saw a tall, classy girl walked up in front. It seems as if she's an ice princess..

"I am Jessica Jung and my father is the owner of the Jung Corporations, that's all." She coldly said.

Wow. Just wow. I would not like to talk to her.

As she was walking back to her chair, somebody was sitting on it already, but she still looked calm, then she sat on the vacant seat beside me. Ughhh, shivering.

"Hello guys! I'm Kim Taeyeon! I may look like a kid but actually I'm the eldest of the class! I am a student here for almost 2 years. Please do treat me well!"

Kim Taeyeon, introduced cheerfully but just as I thought she was the Vitamin C of the class, an eyesmiling girl went in the front then introduced.

"Hi, Im Tiffany Hwang! Taeyeon and I are childhood friends, that's all. I'm here for 2 years, just as same as Tae..yeon."

Is this Taeyeon's #1 fan or are thet really just that close? Taeyeon, Taeyeon, Taeyeon. Gee.

"Hi guys, I'm Byun Baekhyun! Me and Taeyeon are friends also, and we've been here for two years. Nice meeting you all!"

Why are all of them saying Taeyeon? Is Taeyeon somehow famous?

One by one students introduced themselves, but this guy actually caught my eye.

"Hi I'm Xi Luhan, I am a transferee, and as far as I can remember I bumped into someone. I know this is not a life event but I forgot her name. Since, we are 40 plus in here, Im saying this in front cause maybe we're classmates."

The students applauded for him, is that actually him? Oh-oh. It's my turn to speak.

"Uh, hello, my name is Kwon Yuri.." When I said that I can see Luhan was looking straight at me and smiling, I smiled back to him. The others were looking at me, wondering why I was smiling.

"... my father is a baker, I transferred here because of my relatives. That's all, thank you."

After that.I did nothing but roam around with Luhan. Whew, what a day.