Christmas Party Life Saver

Christmas Reunion

"Mommy! Can I go outside? I wanna play in the snow!!" 

 
She looked over at her little boy happily jumping up and down. She couldn't say no to something so cute. She sighed. 
 
 "Okay Jungkookie. But not too long okay? I don't want you to get a cold okay?" 
 
 
Jungkook's little bunny smile grew large and he nodded his head excitedly and flew out the door from the party. He closed the sliding door that lead outside and looked back inside for a second. 
 
It was the annual Christmas party that Jungkook's mom holds every year. He looked at all the adults there holding cups of hot chocolate and laughing together at whatever adults laugh at. 
 
 
Probably bills or medicine? 
 
 
Anyways, Jungkook turned back around and looked out at the world around him. The ground was blanketed with crystal whiteness. It was so pure and clean that Jungkook almost didn't want to touch it. But of course being the 8 year old boy that he was...he just had to. 
 
He laid straight down where he was standing  and made a snow angel by moving his little arms back and forth. He laughed cutely letting him breathe in the cold air around him. He laid there for a bit up looking up the dark misty sky. He smiled to himself and got up finally and picked up some snow and let it slide through his fingers, letting it glide through the cold winter air. 
 
At times like this, Jungkook realized how happy the winter made him. 
 
Jungkook was looking around again and spotted something perfect. It was a huge mountain of snow. It was next to the big tree he has in his backyard. It was like chanting to him inside in his little boy head. 
 
"Jump in it."
 
"Jump in it." 
 
"Jump in it."
 
 
 
He ran towards the big lump of snow and jumped. White gusts of snow flew everywhere and some landing on his face. White crystals were all over his face and jet black hair. He looked like a little snow angel himself you could say. 
 
But Jungkook felt something happen. The tree next to him shook a little from the jump he made and the snow up in the tree started to fall directly on him.
 
 He was too slow at trying to move and finally an avalanche of crystal white snow fell on his little body. He gasped when he felt the weight crushing into his body. He couldn't move his body at all. It was like it was frozen in place inside of a giant cold blanket. 
 
He tried so hard to move but his little body just couldn't compared to the weight of the snow.  He started to desperately move his body back and forth, blowing warm air on the snow....
 
But nothing worked.
 
That's when he started to freak out a bit. 
 
"Uh...Oh....I'm stuck...and it's so c-cold..." His words whispered into the cold air.
 
He looked up a bit trying to see into the sliding doors if any adults were nearby. 
 
Sadly no one was there in sight. 
 
A few minutes passed and he was starting to freeze. He felt his body start to shake and his teeth started to chatter. The only thing poking out of the snow was his little head. The rest of his body was inside of the giant freezing blanket on top of him.  
 
He had never felt this cold in his life. 
 
 
 He decided the best thing to do was yell for help. Atleast that's what his mommy taught him to do.
 
 "HELP!! HELP SOMEONE HELP ME! I AM STUCK!! It....It's so cold." His voice started getting fainter. As if his words were swooped up and glided into the air just like the snow was. 
 
 
 
 
 His vision was getting blurry and everything was going dark.... He could hardly feel anything anymore. His whole body was numb. It's like it ran away an left him here to freeze...all alone. 
 
 
"M-mommy....I don't wanna leave you...." He whispered out, letting his eyes slowly close. 
 
 
 That's when someone frantically ran out of the sliding door towards him. He tried to see who it was but all he could see was a black figure. 
 
"ARE YOU OKAY?? DON'T WORRY I'LL HELP YOU!! STAY WITH ME OKAY??" 
 
The voice sounded not that old so it was probably another little boy too. The voice sounded worried and he saw the figure frantically digging into the giant snow pile he was in. That voice was the last thing he heard till he was out. An the darkness took over. 
 
 
 
------------------------------------------
Jungkook woke up on the couch that was illuminated by the colorful lights of their Christmas tree near their fireplace. 
 
He slowly opened his eyes and felt his body being stuffed in between blankets and a warm towel was on his forehead. He looked around and saw that he was in his living room. The party was gone and the only people he saw was his mom looking down at him worriedly and another little boy...(a cute little boy Jungkook might add) that was sitting at his feet staring at him. 
 
"Oh my god Jungkookie! Thank goodness you are awake, you worried the crap out of me!!" She said as she squeezed him into her chest placing kisses on his head. "Mommy is so very sorry she didn't go out an check on you sooner! I'm so sorry Kookie!"  
 
Jungkook felt really bad for worrying his precious mommy. He started to cry into her embrace. 
 
"I'm so sorry mommy...*hic* I just wanted to see the snow *hic* really bad."
 
 She rubbed circles on his back and tried to comfort him. "Aisshhh it is alright, I'm just happy you're okay Kookie. I am so grateful for that little boy here saving you. Without him.....you wouldn't have been here. He was the one to notice you out there and he ran out the door for you. He is one of my best friend's sons. And I really am grateful for him."  
 
 The little boy smiled at Jungkook's mom. "It is no problem Ma'am. I did what I thought was right." He spoke gently. Jungkook's mom smiled at him and rubbed his head gently. 
 
 
 
 "Now let me go and get you guys some hot chocolate to heat you boys up alright?" 
 
They both nodded at her and watched her leave the room. 
 
 Jungkook looked over at the little boy and smiled. 
"T-thank you..." He said softly and nervously.  He was never really the outspoken one.
 
 
The other boy smiled at Jungkook with his box looking smile. Jungkook felt his cheeks flush for some reason. 
 
"It's no problem...Jungkook right? Heh my name is Taehyung. I think we are the same age too. So helloooo!" Taehyung started waving his hands excitedly and Jungkook laughed at his silliness, his smile widened.  
 
"Oh! You have uh...." Taehyung began and scoot closer to Jungkook. 
 
 "What?"
 
 Taehyung wiped the leftover tears from Jungkooks face and smiled at him. Jungkook stared with his eyes wide at him. 
Jungkook felt his heart race and he smiled at him. Before he could even control his own actions, he pulled Taehyung into his arms and hugged him tight. "Thank you for saving my life." Taehyung's cheeks were now the ones that were red and he smiled. "You're welcome..." He returned the hug happily. Leaving both of their little boy hearts beating rapidly. 
---------------------------
 
They became best friends after that wonderful Christmas Eve party. It became a normal routine for Taehyung and Jungkook to go over to each other's houses. Playing with each other's toys and talking randomly. Both of their mommies became fond of seeing them together. It's like they both had two mommies now. Jungkook couldn't be any happier. 
 
 
 
But a few months later, just creeping into the new year....things started to worsen.
 
 
"You're what.???" Jungkook said in between tears. Taehyung and Jungkook were sitting in his room on his bed when Taehyung dropped the news to him.
 
 "I....I don't want to leave ....I have to, my dad has a new job..." Taehyung whispered looking at Jungkook sadly.
 
 Jungkook was silenced and the tears ran down his face. Taehyung could not handle it anymore and pulled him into an embrace.
 
 "Don't cry Kookie...I will see you again one day. I promise you that." Jungkook sniffled.
 
 "You promise?" 
 
 
Taehyung pulled back and looked him in the eyes. 
 
"I pinky promise....." Taehyung latched his pinky around Jungkook's. Taehyung looked down and sighed.
 
"I-I have something I've been wanting to tell you...." Taehyung gulped from the nervousness. 
 
Jungkook looked at him curiously and stared straight into his eyes. He saw the alien boy's cheeks turn red. 
 
 
 
 
"I wanted to tell you that I like-"  
 
 
 
Taehyung was cut off from the sudden opening of Jungkook's door. 
 
 
"TAEHYUNG WE HAVE TO LEAVE NOW!"
 
 It was Taehyung's mother. Her hair was everywhere and her face looked stress as all heck. She seemed to be in a hurry. 
 
Taehyung let go of Jungkook and gave him one last smile. 
 
"Goodbye Kookie-ah." He whispered to him. 
 
 
Jungkook watched Taehyung leave and  slowly shut his door. 
 
Jungkook sat there numb, staring at the door till finally he heard the front door finally shut. 
 
 
He was gone.
 
 
 
Jungkook's mom came in and saw her son looking devastated. She went to him and pulled him into her arms. Jungkook hugged her back tightly and started to cry once more. 
 
"Kookie don't cry....you'll see him again one day." She said softly. 
 
Jungkook sniffled. "How..how do you know that mommy?" 
 
His mom sighed and hugged him tighter. 
 
"Because you two were meant for eachother my Kookie, I can just feel it." 
 
Jungkook didn't really understand her.
 
"What does that mean mommy?" 
 
His mom pulled back and rubbed his head gently. 
 
"You'll understand when you're older okay? But for now let me go make you some cookies to cheer you up okay?" 
 
She got up and walked out of his room. 
 
Jungkook could only sit there wondering what his mommy meant. 
 
He laid down on his bed and remembered the promise they made before he left. 
 
 
"I hope you keep that pinky promise Taehyung-ah."
 
 Jungkook whispered to himself. He grabbed his teddy bear and clutched it closely to his chest. 
He felt the tears start to fall again and he laid down on his bed. 
 
 
 
But Jungkook was also left to wonder about something else for the next 10 years of his life.
 
 He looked up at his ceiling and softly whispered to himself.
 
 
"What was he going to tell me?"