~1~

Something We Realized
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                                          
 


___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


                                                                                      Something We Realized



Rain was getting heavy by every passing minute, Minah tightened her already soaked coat feeling coldness creeping in to her skin…,
she hold on to her umbrella in left hand and put her right hand in her coat pocket fiddling with the keys in her pocket…
it was getting late and the road was quite empty due to the rain… and her fear for the thunder and lightning making it worse…
she wanted to reach her apartment as soon as possible.


Another thunder roared lightning everything around her for a moment, Minah stiffened a bit and her fingers tightened around the key in her pocket.


She hurried her steps, cursing at herself in her mind for staying late at library,

“Aish… I knew it wasn’t a good idea to stay and study at library…., Stupid… Stupi-“
Her words cut off with another loud thunder, and rain started to get stronger….



 


Minah let out a sigh of relief seeing her apartment building at close. Ignoring the fact that she was getting wet from rain she ran to the building. She reached to the building and climbed the stairs…


it wasn’t those luxuries apartment with high security,  but two story building that was cozy and warm place with friendly people…,  it has a two apartment in one floor… and she was staying at corner apartment  at the 2nd  floor…
she smiled seeing the familiar dim lighted corridor…. 

She took out her key and walked toward her apartment door.



Suddenly she stopped, seeing the shadow at the end of corridor… frown appeared on her face
she knew her neighbors were out at this weekend and there were only her apartment at the end.
hesitating a bit she took another step toward her apartment door,



Minah Stopped in her track seeing a hooded figure sitting in front of  her apartment leaning  to the door. Cold shiver ran down her spine seeing some stranger at her door step…
 and her soaked cloths was adding up to her coldness, she started to get panicked.


Minah slowly took one step backward, not wanting to draw attention to her.



Another thunder roared following with a lightning, making everything visible for moment.  Minah flinched but she was able to recognize the stranger,


she gasped in surprise,

“Xiu……… is that you… ?”


Minah took two three steps, still sacred of getting close to him.With her calling she heard cloths rustling sound
and the person shifted a little…


“Min….”
He mumbled in inaudible sound looking up and letting out smile of relief at her…He tried to get up but end up falling again
and winced in pain… his smile disappears…



Minah ran to him seeing her best friend in such a state, unlocking the door she helped him to get up putting her hand around his shoulder.
He winced again and leaned all his weight on to Minah, struggling bit to walk with his heavy weight. she helped him to the couch at her small living room. 




 Minah dropped her backpack and coat on the ground and the lights…
Bit loud gasp escaped her lips,
 seeing the bloody and bruised Minseok that was lying on the couch…



“What the hell happened…”
her voice become worried and she hurriedly went close to him and kneels on the ground to examine his injuries,
there was a bloody cut in his cheek and his lips, and his cloths were soaking wet from the rain.
he was closing his eyes without words due to the pain
 and Minah noticed he was keeping his hand covering side of his upper body,
she frowned at him and slowly took his hand away from the place he was covering… her eyes widened…. there was a big bloody spot in his white shirt, mumbling some cursing words under her breath she got up run to get first aid box.



he opened his eyes, with a soft smile plying on his lips he looked at her disappearing in to bathroom and appearing again with bowl of water and first aid box, he kept quiet knowing that she would explode with anger if he give excuses now, another smile creeps in to his face….


“Yah… how can you smile right now…?”
Minah mumbled in a scolding manner seeing Minseok’s smile…

she slowly make him got up and sit-down, smile disappearing he winced again,
“Sorry” Minah mumbled,
 with her heart aching… She helped him to remove his soaked jacket.



“X-Xiu…. C-can you lift your shirt a bit”  she stuttered…


forgetting the situation he were in Minseok let out a chuckle and removed his shirt lifting a bit and wincing again because of the pain…. Minah flashed red again but she helped him to rest his head on the arm rest of the couch…
he become comfortable in his position and turned his gaze at Minah again…
 he let out another laugh seeing Minah flashing red…. He always loved seeing her blush,
 looking at her Minseok noticed that Minah was staring at him... he grinned


“Like what you see….” He said with smirk….

“N- NO…. what are you talking about…” Minah felt her cheeks getting red…

He raised his eyebrow as a reply, in a questioning look


Minah glared at him and started to clean his wounds using clean cloth and water, averting his eyes…
she sighed in relief seeing it wasn’t a deep cut…


“I’m just wondering……
how in the world you can be a detective if you get beat up this bad….”


His smile faded and winced again when Minah dried the wound with clean dry cloth,

“Is it that bad…”  Minseok mumbled...




Ignoring his comment, Minah keep tending to his wound at side of his upper body,

“You should have gone to the hospital or call out for medical Minseok… it wasn’t good to walk in rain with wound”
 Minah bandaged his cut wound and applied ice to the bruises,

All the time Minah kept avoiding his eyes, she was worried but at the same time she was getting angry at him…


“You know I hate hospitals… beside why would I when I have my own doctor friend ” he mumbled looking up at the ceiling…



“For your information Minseok, I’m not a doctor, I’m a med student…,
Thankfully this one wasn’t deep cut…  what if it was…. A-and
What have you done if I come late… hm…..” , Minah keep mumbling while tending to his wounds, not realizing that she called him Minseok…



she went away and come with another clean water to clean the cut on his face…., Minseok turned his face to her and looked at her eyes, Minah keep avoiding his gaze….



“ W-what will happe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter