IV

Parallels
Please log in to read the full chapter

Kira did one last roundhouse kick, putting more pressure on her heel and the poor guy crashed into a wooden crate and stayed there unmoving. She dusted her pants and yanked her heels off. Her feet were a bloody mess as blisters decorated her feet. Sehun on the other hand was scanning the area while talking to someone from HQ to take care of the mess as he circled his left shoulder.

 

Their mission was successful.

 

Both of them were a bit worn out because it took longer than expected as they slumped against the car seats. They had to travel to another branch of Prince Park that was closer to the hotel the dinner was held at so that they could freshen up.

 

This time Kira drove because Sehun did most of the dirty work and had suffered more blows than she had, and not to mention having to break through the windshield of a moving vehicle. At first he demanded that she get out from his seat but he gave in eventually, too exhausted to argue. It was silent the entire trip there.

 

---

 

Kira and Sehun walked in with stoic masks on their faces as they hid their exhaustion, especially Kira who looked angry to some extent as she had more invisible layers to cover her dead-tired self. Everyone seemed to watch them walk in, most probably because they were late, but possible because they were such an attractive pair.

 

They walked to their respective seats at the table, Kira in between Kai and Sehun. Coincidentally, Hwanhee and his father were eating opposite of them. "Good evening Mr. Kim. And Miss Park, fashionably late like always." He had said it in a light hearted tone with the same insincere smile gracing his chubby face. Hwanhee did not pay her any heed, eating gracefully like everyone else.

 

Kira bowed her head at him and calmly picked up her utensils and ate, trying not to cause a scene. Sehun also bowed his head in respect. In official events like these, he is known as Kim Jae Ho, not Oh Sehun. It is of outmost importance that his real name doesn't slip out from Kira’s or Kai’s mouths.

 

Strangely, Kira didn't have much of an appetite despite using up so much energy that day. "Eat some more." Kai had whispered in her ear after he watched her play with her food. A few girls her age, and even some older women, glanced their way, a few shameless ones had scowls on their faces.

 

Feeling rather pissed off with all the stares she's been receiving since she entered the dining hall, she leaned a bit too close to Kai, a genuine smile on her face as she planned to do some mischief. "I have nothing important to say but I do, however, want to mess with those girls looking our way so pretend to look at me like I’m the most beautiful girl in the world." She removed herself from him to see him doing exactly what she told him to do, his eyes twinkling with amusement as well.

 

Seeing him comply with her words, Kira had a wide grin on her face, which may look like they were helplessly in love with each other as they told each other sweet, loving w

Please log in to read the full chapter