Dearest In The November

Simphosion

Dear Grandpa and Grandma,

I hope you're fine and well, I arrived safely at South Korea had been cold as always in November, it was a beautiful winter however. the school that I transferred at were wonderful, I think I will adapting fast. My training is smooth as always though my dance tutor scold me for being late, I never realised that I always came on time.

I never forget to eat healthy food, drink a lot of water, and exercise as Grandma always said to me. Grandpa I found an old photos of you at the attic (that was a lot of boxes) you looked great in that navy uniform! Damien and I decided to hang it on the living room. I suppose this is as far I can go, I'll send a photos of my school, me in a new uniform, and Uncle Theo doing a seminar at a university.

Love,

Your Granddaughter

 

Jasmine fold the letter neatly as tuck it into an envelope that already has a stamp and address written on it, she put on her coat and grab her bag. Ascending the stairs she saw Damien fiddling some kind of a remote with a screwdriver, and Uncle Theo is not home until dinner time.

"Damien, I'm going now"

"Yeah, take care and don't late for dinner"Damien said without even stopping fiddling the remote.

"I will"

The trees were almost covered with snow and the road glistened under the hazy sun because of the thin ice, a sign to walk carefully in winter time. Jasmine walked toward a mailbox and she slipped in the letter. "I hope it won't postponed for a month" 

She looked around for a while before continue walking to the main street. It's morning and Jasmine stand by the bus stop waiting not only for the bus but also her friends, even though they live is close by never once they set time to met beforehand, San took a reason of different time to wake up in the morning and they agreed. Jasmine mostly the one who wait for them here, at the bus stop. She suppose it's alright but waiting in a season like this....maybe frostbite was to exaggerating for a reason. Sighing for the exact ten times a familiar voice could be heard from afar.

"Jasmine! Sorry to keep you waiting!"

"Doesn't it always like that Jane" Jasmine huffed lightly, Jane was running toward her carrying -aside a slingbag- a just cooked steamed buns in a paperbag, that smell...beef filling.

 

"Your order, maybe that's why you always arrive early, no breakfast" Jane said.

"I'm too lazy maybe" Jasmine chuckled as eating the steamed bun.

"Ha ha didn't you late yesterday" Jane get a light elbow jab.

Now there's two person standing by the bus stop, in quiet but that probably because the other one was eating. Jane glanced at Jasmine then opened .

"What if there's a moment of this is the last we ever gathered in this bus stop?"

Jasmine almost choked if she still in verge of swallowing the food, sharply turned to Jane and gave the girl an incredulous look.

"Why are you saying that!?"

"Eh, well I-I...I was just asking"

Asking indeed but Jasmine could feel something more, did Jane just giving her a riddle? If yes well that's unusual or she was just testing her British roots*. Jasmine was in thought, choose not to call Jane was suspicious this day, she said "No"

"What? What's with the no?" Oh did Jane just panicking, suspicious indeed.

"No, if that's happen we could always gather somewhere else"

Jane side tracked in a second before Jasmine continue "I mean we could always make memories at every places, this bus stop will never walk to a different places anyway, so last moment? Maybe just rare"

Jane was stunned and the she smiled "Guess we choose the right one"

"Choose what?"

"You know, you were very wise for fourteen years old" Jane patted Jasmine on the shoulder, the later now staring weird at Jane, she was going to say something before Auke, San and Hangoo walked in a relax manner to the bus stop.

"Hey there, too soon?" San greeted.

"Soon enough, the bus is here" Jane announced, yes the bus is here but Jasmine still in denial.

"Wait wise? Choose? Right one?" Jasmine irked.

"Come on we're going to be late Jas" The poor girl still in denial.

 

Auke listening intently what her childhood-longtime-best-friend explanation of Jane behaviour, San and Hangoo also listening they gave an expression that people hard to guess, they were trying hard because Jasmine was an excellent guesser, even by accident.

"Is it because I read too many philosophical books or I just spend too many time with the internet?"

"Definitely the internet, now you're being paranoid" San answered calmly.

"I'm not being paranoid, there's something that she hide"

"I'm sorry what I'm being hide at?" Jane joined in.

"I don't know yet, that is why it being hide" Unbeknown for Jasmine, the rest of the four exchange a grin. Hangoo then pat Jasmine on the head, a distraction.

"Okay then you keep think it until we arrive Sherlock" Hangoo had his hand being swatted away in annoyance.


Trivia

* Jane is British descent because her Grandmother is British and there's a running joke about British people speak with riddle as the statement 'Must you English people always speak in riddle?'