chapter 1

10 steps to caffeinated attraction

autumn winslow was no ordinary girl. she was THE girl. the girl you can find in every other cliche story on the internet (ironic, i know) - rolling in heaps of money, somehow maintaining her 4.1 GPA through her countless days of travel, and even owns her own personal blog. she has everything a normal girl can merely dream about.

but sometimes, having everything really means having nothing.

 

she was bored.

 

she was really bored.

 

and she was lonely.

 

it was the beginning of spring, the flowers were blossoming, the air is crisp with the atmosphere of the previous winter, and the students were running around, for the spring break has begun. autumn was fresh from her mid-terms and preparing for her finals that were happening in just 2 months. but since it was autumn, she never really understood what stress meant, she was very cool and collected most of the time.

walking into her favorite cafe felt very refreshing as she entered a warm atmosphere with a whiff of ice and caffeine, but what was even more refreshing was spotting a cerulean blue-haired somebody busying himself with a vanilla latte. smiling slightly to herself, she walked up to the counter and was greeted by brown orbs, a sharp nose and a sweet canine smile.

 

"hello, welcome to dawnerie cafe, how may i help you?"

 

jesus, even his voice is as sweet as his smile.

 

"hello, i would like to order a coffee-based vanilla frappe with whipped cream? and throw in a couple of those chocolate chip cookies, will you? oh, and all of that to go, please."

 

"you got it! your order's coming right up! um, initial or name?"

 

"autumn."

 

"weeew, a pretty name for a pretty face!"

 

okay, too charming.

 

laughing at his remark, she replied, "you flatter me, now get back to work. i ain't got all day, now."

 

playfully saluting her, the cute barista exclaimed, "yes, ma'am!" and laughed at himself.

soon, autumn was finding herself tapping along to a rhythm that didn't exist, her head cradled in her hand, watching this fine barista pace around settling her order. even his movements are as charming and sharp as his face...

 

"one coffee-based vanilla frappe with whipped cream, and a side of 2  chocolate chip cookies to go for autumn?"

 

realizing she was staring right at him, she embarrassingly chuckled and thanked him. but before he could leave, she asked, "hey... what's your name?"

 

the barista flashed a smile in her direction before replying, "mingyu. kim mingyu. i presume i'm seeing you again tomorrow?"

 

autumn smiled right back before nodding. grabbing her order she brisked to the exit as she was greeted with the chilly breeze of spring. she made her way home - and realized she finally has something interesting to post to her blog. once within the comfortable confines of her own apartment she her laptop and logged into her page. making herself comfortable she sipped on her frappe before typing the title of her new post - "10 steps for caffeinated attraction".

 

that name is too long, but honestly, nothing else i can think up sounds that catchy.

 

she typed in a brief yet rather long description, and taking a bite out of her cookie, she typed in step number 1.

 

step 1: you've got nothing to lose. greet them, smile at them and make their day.