Final

Smarter Than You

Everyone knew that the smartest kid in class A-1 was Han Sanghyuk. Everyone knew that he wasn’t just the smartest kind in the class either. He was the smartest in the whole grade. He always got the highest marks on tests and assignments. He was always ranked number one.

That’s just how it was.

And Sanghyuk was a nice guy, he didn’t rub his ranking in anyone’s face. Everyone knew of upperclassmen who did that, who acted like being ranked so highly made them better then everyone. Sanghyuk wasn’t like that. He even offered to tutor anyone who wanted or needed help. Naturally, this made him rather beloved by all.

Even knowing all this very well, Wonsik still felt the need to point it out to Sanghyuk that he’d beaten him. That he, Kim Wonsik, had gotten a higher grade then Mr. Number One, Han Sanghyuk.

“So,” Wonsik grinned, sliding over to Sanghyuk’s desk once class ended for lunch, “what mark did you get on the test?”

“Ninety eight,” Sanghyuk shrugged, “I misread one of the questions. What about you?”

“Ninety nine,” Wonsik couldn’t help the little laugh of enjoyment when Sanghyuk looked surprised.

“Really?” Sanghyuk smiled, “that’s great!”

“I know,” Wonsik bragged, “I’m kind of awesome. Hey, you should take me out to dinner as a reward for doing so well. Something nice, not cheap pizza at your place.”

“Alright,” Sanghyuk nodded, pleased to see his boyfriend so proud of himself.

Wonsik had worked very hard on that assignment. It wasn’t always easy for the other, being placed second. Especially when his parents wanted him to be number one. Not to say that they pressured Wonsik or anything, they were happy with whatever grades he got so long as he wasn’t failing. Wonsik and Sanghyuk just knew that they’d be very happy to see him be number one at least once.

So that was why Sanghyuk just nodded and smiled as Wonsik bragged about beating Sanghyuk.

Which, admittedly, got harder and harder to do as the day went on. Wonsik kept using every chance he got to bring up his grade. As much as Sanghyuk loved the other, his patience had its limits and Wonsik was quickly reaching those limits.

Wonsik passed those limits by a mile on the walk back to their apartment building.

“Wonsik,” Sanghyuk snapped, startling the other with his harsh tone of voice.

“Y-yeah?” Wonsik replied, already realizing that he’d gone too far with his bragging.

“I’m proud of you for doing so well,” Sanghyuk sighed, “I really am, but……can you stop? I love you. More than anything else. But……”

“I need to stop,” Wonsik sighed, “I know. I know I just kept going. I just……got excited. And you always have the highest grade. This will never happen again. I got carried away.”

“I know,” Sanghyuk smiled, throwing his arm around the other and pulling him into a hug, “and how do you know this will never happen again? We’ve still got two more years of test and assignments to get to. You could end up beating me again. Just…..don’t get all….like this about it.”

“Promise,” Wonsik nodded.

“Good,” Sanghyuk said, quickly kissing his boyfriend before taking his hand and leading him home.

A/N: the original plan was “Wonsik brags until Sanghyuk shuts him up with a kiss” but I liked how I actually ended up writing it. I think it works much better and adds a bit more to the Rahyuk couple’s relationship.