Badman

The Trapped Warriors

"The air in this city is so suffocating," 
-B.A.P, Badman

YgPpTtZ.png

Daehyun looked around the restaurant as he settled down into the chair. He raised an eyebrow at the grand interior. It was a stark contrast with the people who he saw walking the streets earlier. Everything looked so fancy in comparison to what he saw outside.

“We're staying in the top hotel so the restaurant in here is of the highest class. That's why the colour scheme is full of red, gold and white,” Sunri explained once she saw his wandering eyes. Daehyun absentmindedly nodded as he continued to survey the area.

They had quickly placed their belongings into their shared room before coming down to the restaurant.

Zelo came back after pretending to go to the washroom to get more of the hotel into his memory database. He pulled out his chair and blinked when a menu was placed in front of him.

“Order something to eat. We'd stand out if we just sat here admiring the place, don't you think?” He nodded at Sunri's words and began looking through the menu items. He scrunched up his eyebrows once he saw the foreign words.

“What is this?” He asked. Daehyun finally turned his attention back to the table and also reached for a menu. He tilted his head at the food.

“Pretty sure you're going to have to order for us. I don't know what any of these things are.” Sunri looked up at him and picked up the menu. She scanned her eyes over the food before calling over a waiter. She smiled up at the young man.

“We'll take one Set A, and two Set B's. You can leave out the side dishes for us, it's getting late and we really just needed something in our stomach.” The man nodded and grabbed the menus off their table and headed back to the counter.

She turned back to the two boys. “I picked a simple pasta for you two since some of the foods here may be too much to start off. I hope that's alright with you.” Daehyun and Zelo nodded. Sunri leaned back into her chair and looked to her left where a couple had just walked into the door.

“We could probably explore the city after dusk if we really wanted to. Although we would have to be careful not to look that questionable.”

Daehyun raised an eyebrow. “It would be interesting to see it at night.” Sunri tilted her head at him and smiled as she looked between the two of them. “We could make it happen.”

A few minutes later, the waiter came back with their three orders and they began to eat. She watched as Daehyun and Zelo ate their food in complete silence and slight fascination.

“You've really never seen food like this, have you?” She asked softly. The two boys looked up, exchanged a quick glance with each other before shaking their head. She shook her head with a soft sigh at the sight and went back to her own plate.


YgPpTtZ.png


Zelo came out of the shower to see Daehyun sitting at the desk typing away at the computer. He blinked and looked around the room when he didn't see Sunri anywhere. Daehyun looked up and seemed to notice what he was thinking. He jabbed a finger towards the door.

“She said she had to grab something down at the gift store real quick.”

Zelo threw his towel onto the bed and walked towards the balcony window. He pressed his hand up against the glass and looked down at the city drowned in darkness.

“Is this what it looks like to have light everywhere?” He whispered. Daehyun turned to look at the boy. He shrugged from his seat and leaned back against it. “I wouldn't know. This is my first time seeing it too.”

Zelo let out a forced laugh. “Can you imagine how nice it'd be if we could live here?” Once again, the older boy let out a shrug as he turned his attention back to the computer.

“I can't really imagine that. Our lives weren't made to be nice, Junhong.”

The younger boy let out a sigh as he watched his warm breath fog up the window. “I know. Sometimes I just wish we weren't made this way, you know?” Daehyun could hear the shakiness in his voice as he spoke.

“Maybe one day we'll be able to walk the streets with them as normal people but for now, we have a bigger priority.”

The room was enveloped in silence for a few minutes until they heard the rattling of the door. Sunri walked in with two bags in her hand. She placed one onto the bed and turned to them.

“You guys are going to have to change into these new clothes. We have somewhere to go and we're under dressed right now.” She took the other bag in her hand and held it up.

Daehyun got up and walked over to see what was inside the bag. He raised an eyebrow at the contents inside.“What is this?”

She turned around and walked towards the bathroom.

“Get changed first. You'll see.”

YgPpTtZ.png


Sunri turned her head to the side to fix her earrings before stepping back to check her reflection. She held her head high as she tossed her hair back and walked out to see how the boys were doing. She opened the door and leaned against the wall as she watched Daehyun and Zelo adjust their outfit in front of the standing mirror.

“This fabric is constricting. I don't understand how we're supposed to execute any mission efficiently like this.” Daehyun grumbled as he pulled on his collar. Zelo nodded as he looked himself in the mirror. His eyes rounded when he saw her reflection behind them and he turned around. His eyes rounded even more when he saw her outfit.

“Come, I'll help you fix your tie,” She said. She walked up to Daehyun who was closer to her reach. He said nothing as he watched her. His eyes wandered down her body as he saw her dress.

“Is that really what you're wearing?” He asked once he saw the amount of skin she was exposing. She looked up to meet his eyes and he blinked at her. She stepped back and tilted her head at him.

“What's with the question?” She asked as she walked towards Zelo who bent down so she could reach his tie. Daehyun turned around so his eyes could follow her and he gestured towards her outfit.

He coughed and looked away. “It looks like a difficult outfit to wear if we're surveying the city.” She let out a chuckle as she tightened Zelo's tie. Sunri turned back to him and put her hands onto her hips.

“Well, we're not exactly exploring the entire city tonight. We have just one destination.”

Daehyun raised an eyebrow at the new information. “What do you mean?” She walked over to the desk to put on a necklace with a microphone instead of the earpiece. She brushed her hair back as she put on the necklace and the two of them could only watch her.

“We're going to a place where all the government workers like to hang out at night. Especially where our guy wanders to.”

The three of them turned their heads towards the computer monitor when they heard the sound of an incoming call. Daehyun walked over and accepted it. Yongguk and Himchan immediately came into view from the front of the car.

“You're going to be going into a night club tonight. The guy we're looking for tends to hang there late at night.” Yongguk instructed. Daehyun bent down so the camera could see him and raised a hand in confusion. “And how are we supposed to get in without ID?”

Sunri placed three ID cards in front of him and he looked up at her in surprise. “Don't worry about it.”

“How are we supposed to approach him?” Zelo asked. Himchan grinned into the camera and pointed towards Sunri. “She'll be the one talking to him tonight. You two are just there to make sure nothing goes wrong.”

Zelo's mouth dropped open at the older boy. “Wait, you mean to say we're using her as bait?” Both him and Daehyun whipped their heads around to the girl who stood there with an unwavering expression. “No wonder she's dressed like that.”

“This isn't right.” Daehyun frowned as he straightened up and stared at her. Sunri gave him a smile. “Don't worry about it, pretty boy. You guys will be there and all I have to do is get him out of there so we can ask him some questions.”

“She's right. You guys will keep an eye on her and be there for immediate assistance since we're out here. We'll monitor everything for you.” Yongguk added. Daehyun dropped his tense shoulders and put a hand to his head with a bothered sigh.

“Yeah, sure. We got it.”

YgPpTtZ.png


Sunri led the way across the streets to the night club as if she had been here countless times. Daehyun and Zelo followed behind her with an uncomfortable feeling in their gut. She stopped by the door before the bouncer and turned back to them.

“We're splitting up here. You two will go to the mini-bar and order yourselves some drinks and I'll go find our guy.”

Daehyun and Zelo nodded. She turned back around to head in but then suddenly stopped once more. She quickly turned around to face them.

“Also, I'm warning you now that what you see in there is nothing you've ever seen before. Don't act too surprised.”

They watched as she flashed her ID at the bouncer and gave him a sweet smile. He opened the door for her to go in. After a minute or so, Daehyun and Zelo also entered in as planned.

Their eyes rounded at the sight and they winced at the loud volume of the music. Daehyun turned to Zelo who was staring straight at the girls who were dancing under the dim lights. They were, of course, without clothes. Men ranging from adults to middle-ages sat in the crowd, cheering them on with hungry looks.

They averted their gazes and made their way to the bar as Sunri had told them to. As the bartender came near them, Youngjae's voice came into their earphones.

“Tanqueray and Tonic, single tall for you and Jack and Coke, single short for Junhong. Lean over with your card so he knows you're ready to order.”

Daehyun did as instructed and the bartender waited for their order. Daehyun pretended to look at the liquor behind the guy for a quick second before looking at him.

“A Tanqueray and Tonic, single tall for me.” The bartender nodded and then focused his gaze onto Zelo. “And a Jack and Coke, single short.” The guy nodded and took the card to swipe into the machine before returning it to Daehyun.

Now all they had to do was wait.

“Don't drink too much. We've never come in contact before with alcohol so we don't know how it will affect us.” Yongguk warned into the ear piece.

Daehyun and Zelo leaned back against the counter as they looked around the club. They were slightly worried when they couldn't see Sunri within their vicinity.

“To be honest, this scares me more than what we've seen.” Zelo whispered quietly under his breath, only so that his team could hear. Daehyun silently agreed as his eyes roamed across the place. The bartender returned with their drinks and the two of them sat there with it in hand.

No longer than a few minutes, Daehyun felt a tap on his shoulder and he turned to see a girl smiling up at him as she settled into the seat beside him.

She had on layers of make-up, and her eyelashes looked too long to be real. He could see more skin on her than he would have ever wanted to and her smell of perfume made him want to gag. She traced her finger along his arm and he tried his best not to tense up.

He offered her a charming smile. “How can I help you?” She seemed pleased at his answer as she snuggled in closer. Zelo fought back a laugh as he heard the boys in the car laugh at the scene. Daehyun mentally sent them daggers as he waited for the girl to reply.

“Care for a dance, handsome?”

Daehyun looked out at the crowd and then looked back at her. An idea popped into his head and he almost laughed out loud. He gave her another bright smile and leaned back so Zelo was now in her view.

“I'm not looking for a dance partner tonight. My friend here might be more interested than me, though.” Zelo's jaw dropped for a brief second before he fixed his composure and glared at the older boy who smirked at him.

“Wow, I really am lucky tonight. So then how about it? Would you like to dance?” She asked, getting up in front of Zelo. The boy inwardly cringed at the closeness and was about to open his mouth to speak until another person beat him to it.

“I'd appreciate it if you could leave my man alone,” Sunri spoke up from behind.

The girl turned around and she let out a gasp at her height. Sunri stared down at her with her arms crossed over her chest. The girl looked back at the two boys before ducking her head in embarrassment and quickly left.

Sunri cocked an eyebrow at the two boys who sat there with unreadable expressions. She shook her head and turned back around to disappear into the crowd. As she left, they heard her voice through their earpieces.

“Trained fighters with handsome looks and yet you guys don't know how to reject a girl?”

Daehyun whispered back into his microphone. “Hey, in our defense, the only girl we've really ever interacted with was you.”

All they heard was a quiet giggle from her.

YgPpTtZ.png


Sunri walked down the halls of the private rooms. Her eyes stayed vigilant as she walked around to find the correct room.

“Third room down the corridor on your left.” Youngjae instructed. She turned down the hall as he instructed and arrived at one of the doors. She could see a man inside with two young girls on either side. He seemed to be enjoying it way too much.

Sunri took in a deep breath before pushing open the door. The three inside looked up at her in surprise. She looked directly at the two girls before tilting her head.

“I can take over for now. You girls can leave.” Her eyes flashed for a quick second as the girls got up and did as Sunri told them to. She closed the door behind her and walked up to the man. His eyes scanned her body up and down and he let out a satisfied hum at what he was seeing.

The guys from the car watched the surveillance of their private room with horrified expressions.

She smiled at him and took a seat beside him. He immediately rested his hand onto her thigh and she inwardly groaned at the contact.

“I don't remembering ordering such a beautiful girl like you. What's your name?” He asked, running his hand up and down her leg.

Jongup and Youngjae winced from the back when they saw what was happening.

“The boss wanted to treat you to something special and I was very excited to meet you.” Sunri smiled as she turned her body towards him. He raised an eyebrow in interest and grinned.

“Really now? Your eyes are a beautiful colour. Are you wearing contacts?” Sunri curled her hair behind her ear and hummed in thought at his question. “I am. Do you like them?” He nodded and watched her with immense interest.


“What is your name?” He asked as he moved in closer to her. She put a finger on his chest to stop him from coming closer. Instead, she smiled and leaned in towards his ear.

“Your worst nightmare, sweetheart.”

Immediately, the man fell slack against her shoulder. After a few seconds, he was awake with his eyes turned black. She leaned back in amusement.

“Well then, I have some questions for you. Who do you work for?”

“I work under the government for the research branch.”

Sunri raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms over her chest. “Do you not work for the Resistance?” He shook his head.

“I work undercover for the government. I was sent into the Resistance to check up on things.”

The boys listened intently on the words coming out of this man's mouth. Sunri clucked her tongue. “How long have you worked for the Resistance?” The man seemed to be in a dizzy haze as he swayed back and forth.

“I've been in the Resistance for three years now.”

“How much do you know about their operations? What did you have to do with Research Base #407? ” She asked. The man closed his eyes and thought about it for a few seconds.

“Not much. I was only able to get into the control system from the government system. I used an override command to send the signals to transfer the soldiers. I know nothing more.”

“Are there any others working undercover?”

The man shook his head. “I wouldn't know. I wasn't told much.”

Sunri stood up after hearing his answer. She placed her palm against his forehead. “You will forget everything that happened in this room. You only came here for a drink.”

She had just pressed her finger to her necklace to report back to the other guys when she felt the building shake and saw the lights in the corridor flicker on and off. Her eyes widened when she knew something was wrong. Even her communication signal was down.

Running outside, her eyes scanned the long corridors for signs of people and she frowned when there was none. Following her memory of the building, she ran towards the back exit.

Just as she rounded the corner, she halted in her steps so she didn't run into the other person. She let out a sigh of relief when she saw who it was.

“You alright? We have to get out of here. They must have had a device that detected metal because cops are swarming outside. Our earpieces don't work either. Thank god I remembered what room you were in.” Daehyun quickly reported as he led the way out. She followed behind but then frowned and looked behind her.

“Where's Zelo?”

Daehyun glanced back to make sure she was still behind him. “He's on the roof of the opposite building. We're meeting him there to get a better visual of the place.”

The two ran in silence as they came out into the alleyway. They climbed up a set of stairs on the side of the building and hauled themselves onto the roof where they saw Zelo looking down at the night club.

“It's funny they still need cops and the human military force when they have the Mindless.” Zelo commented with a tilt of his head. Daehyun walked over and clucked his tongue at the troops being sent in. The men and women being pushed out were kneeling on the pavement with their hands above their heads.

“They don't want the public to know. Did we get everything we needed?” Daehyun asked, turning back to look at Sunri. She nodded. “He's a government worker that went undercover in the Resistance.” Zelo also turned around at the news and blinked.

“He says he doesn't know whether or not there's others working undercover but he didn't seem to know much about how we worked.” She explained. The two nodded in understanding.

“We're going to have to get back to the hotel from here. We can fix our headsets once we get back. Do you guys want to take the low roads or the high tops?” Daehyun asked, walking towards the edge of the building to peer down. Zelo shrugged. “Both are fine with me.” The older boy turned to Sunri who came up beside him.

“I don't mind.”

Daehyun rolled his eyes. “Great, put me on a team with two indecisive people. I personally prefer the rooftops.” He stepped back a bit before making a run for it and landing on the other roof. Zelo curtly did the same and they stood there, waiting for Sunri. They both exchanged a quick glance once they realized she was still wearing heels.

Without needing a running start, she jumped over and landed onto the rocks.

Daehyun stood there with a gaping mouth. “I am both amazed and horrified you can do that with those shoes on.”

 

YgPpTtZ.png


“What do you mean we're sleeping in the same room?” Daehyun asked into the earpiece. Himchan rolled his eyes from the other line and leaned back into the car seat.

“We only booked one room. Relax, you and Junhong can share a bed.”

Sunri looked at them. “I mean, if it's too much of an inconvenience, I can go down and get another room.” Daehyun shook his head. “No, it's alright. We're just going into this together as a new experience then.”

“Isn't this what people call a sleepover?” Zelo asked. Youngjae burst out laughing. “My young child, a sleepover is when people invite others to their own house. This is just sharing a hotel room.”

“If you guys need anything, send us a message. We'll contact you again in the morning.” Yongguk's voice came through. The three of them placed their earpieces back onto the counter.

Daehyun sat down onto the bed and took off his dress shoes. He continued to take off his jacket and loosened his tie. He stood up and was about to drape his clothes onto one of the chairs when a wave of dizziness hit him and he stumbled forward. Zelo reached his hand out and caught him before he could fall. Zelo looked down at him, startled.

“Are you okay?” He asked. Daehyun closed his eyes and shook his head, hoping to blink away the stars.

“I'm really dizzy.” Daehyun whispered. Zelo helped him back into a sitting position onto the bed.

Daehyun held onto his head with both hands and groaned. “I have a massive headache.” He lay his entire body onto the bed and put an arm over his eyes to block the light. “Junhong turn off the lights. It's making my headache worse.”

The younger boy did as told and was about to walk back towards the older when he ran into Sunri who was coming out of the washroom. She had her dress in hand and was now in comfortable clothes. She turned and saw Daehyun squirming on the bed and she raised an eyebrow.

“What's wrong with him?”

Zelo shrugged, walking over to the bed. “He said he has a massive headache.” Sunri thew her dress onto her bed and walked over to Daehyun. She peered down at him and frowned.

“Did he eat something wrong?” Sunri asked. Zelo shook his head. “We ate together at dinner. We didn't really eat anything else when we went into the club aside from the drinks we ordered.”

Sunri's eyes rounded in realization. “You mean the alcohol?” Zelo nodded hesitantly. “I think that's what it's called?”

“How much did you drink?” Sunri whispered as she turned back to Daehyun. The boy groaned and rolled onto his side.

“I don't remember. Man, my head hurts. My face feels hot. What is this?” He continued to squirm around. “Do humans like this?”

“Daehyun, this is what humans call being drunk. It's when you've ingested too much alcohol.” Sunri explained with an amused smile. She walked back into the washroom, took one of the towels, soaked it in cold water and walked back out. She lightly nudged his arm out of the way and placed the towel onto his forehead.

Daehyun immediately opened his eyes and hissed at the coldness. “What the hell are you doing, woman?” Zelo stepped back at the sudden shout. Sunri pushed him back down and raised an eyebrow.

“If you want the headache to go away, you need to rest now. I'm cooling down your body. The alcohol won't leave your system for another few hours so just keep quiet and sleep.” She placed the towel back onto his forehead and he stayed quiet as he closed his eyes again. She turned to Zelo.

“Did you drink any?” The boy shook his head and she sighed in relief.

“I think the alcohol just affects our systems differently and since he's never come in contact with it before, his body might not know what to do. We'll see how he is in the morning.”

They both turned to Daehyun when he suddenly let out another groan. “I want to go home. Someone get stupid Youngjae to drive me home,” He whined.

Zelo's eyes widened at the change of tone. Sunri turned to him and judging by his surprised expression, this was the first time he was seeing this too.

“Oh? Who's this? Junhong? When did you get so tall?” Daehyun tilted his head. Zelo chortled. “I've always been tall, hyung. Are you okay?”

“And wow! Who is this pretty girl standing here? I think I've seen you somewhere before,” Daehyun slurred, pointing at Sunri. She laughed, “Yeah, we're in the same group. You need to sleep, Daehyun.”

He gasped, “Whoa! This pretty girl knows my name?”

Zelo turned to Sunri with his jaw hanging open. “He's actually freaking me out.” Sunri nodded and backed away to her bed.

“Good luck sleeping beside him tonight.” She whispered as she watched Daehyun take the towel off his head and inspect it as if it was the most interesting thing ever. His eyes were wide and his lips were out in a pout.

“This is so gross,” Zelo mumbled as he turned off the lamp and sat on the very edge of the bed. He turned back to Sunri.

“Sleep well.” She nodded and sent him a smile. “You too, Zelo.”

She had just turned off her lamp and set her head onto the pillow when she heard Daehyun's voice again.

“Why are you sleeping beside me? Where did the pretty girl go? Junhong, get her back for me.”

“Oh my god, shut up, hyung.”




author's note 

Thanks so much to those who comment on this story even though I hardly update it. I know I'm more known for my BTS stories but honestly- this one is my favourite out of all of them. 

Plus, I saw B.A.P's concert in Toronto this month and I think I died. Like, holy cow, they're real. 

Hope you enjoyed!