Warrior

The Trapped Warriors

"An evil DNA, a virus. We have lost all our warriors," 
-B.A.P, Warrior


YgPpTtZ.png

 

The automotive garage was just about completely engulfed in darkness expect for the only light hanging from the ceiling that illuminated the second floor. Six males were gathered around a pool table where a map had been unrolled and placed upon. Red marker had been drawn all over the map, and many different figurines rested on top of the map in different locations. Maps and computer monitors decorated the three walls around them and loose papers were scattered all over the floor. The one side of the room without a wall was railed with a fence and overlooked the open space below.

“Tonight is a simple mission to gather information. We break in, grab what we need and leave. This is to be done as painlessly as possible. Understand?” His sharp eyes roamed across the room at the faces and the other members all nodded their heads.

Youngjae leaned forward and pointed his finger to the building circled in red. “This used to be a military training base years ago. However, now it is used as a storage base. There are four bunkers on each corner of the main base and they will be full of Mindless Soldiers. The main base itself has only one metal door in which the Mindless are not programmed to enter unless it is an emergency. The lock to get in, however, is extensive and totals up to three different modules. If the code entered is incorrect, the compound will be forced into a lock down. We won't be able to get out if that happens.”

The Mindless Soldiers, as the government called them, were genetically enhanced super soldiers. As of right now, a female Mindless Soldier was unheard of. They all had heightened senses like hearing and sight. Their strength was more than that of a normal human and they had no personal Conscience. The only took orders given by their programmers and worked efficiently as an army. They feel no pain and will stop at nothing to eliminate their target or complete their objective. Humans and other animals they see as hostile will be shot down.

The government had only selected the young and healthy males to experiment on. Some were taken against their parent's will at birth, and the rest had been withdrawn from their own homes at a young age. Their memories were erased and the ones who could not withstand the initial injections of the drugs were scrapped out and left to die on their own. Whether those who survived were the lucky ones or the ones who could escape the fate of becoming brain dead and constantly controlled, there really was no winning side.

Each one of the boys in the room had their own history of how they became a Mindless but that was the only part of their memory they had forgotten. The only memories they had within their minds now is of their training days and the days they've now spent together as a team.

“We want to figure out what their next plan of action is. If we are also able to get a hold of the chemical formulas and blueprints they use to create the soldiers, that will help us in learning how to reverse the effects,” Youngjae explained.

Yongguk grabbed one of the truck figurines and moved it across the table map of the compound they were to infiltrate. “The closest route of entry is through these gates. Once we get through, Himchan and Youngjae will stay in the van to operate the getaway and the technical stuff.” He moved a pink and yellow chess piece and placed them with the van.

He then picked up the one painted white. “Daehyun, I want you to get onto the roof of Sector C so we can get a lookout on the parts where there are dimmer lights. The cameras won't be able to catch everything even with the moonlight so I want you to keep a careful eye out.”

He then picked up another blue and green figurine and placed them at what looked like the only metal door inside of this base. “Jongup and Zelo, you two will go into the building with me. Jongup and I will serve as your strength while you download the information, got it?” Zelo nodded as a response to the command.

“The only hostiles we will deal with are the Mindless. If Youngjae is successful in shutting down their systems, then we won't have to deal with them at all,” Yongguk explained as he moved his own red piece and placed them with the blue and green one.

“We have plenty of time to do further research and get the gear we need polished and ready. The time right now is half past ten, and we will move out at exactly midnight. I want you all to meet in the armoury room at quarter past eleven so we can round up,” He straightened up and cracked his neck from side to side, “Go do your stuff,”

The boys immediately split. Youngjae headed down the hallway of the second floor and towards the technical room to study the algorithms and codes he would need to bypass tonight. Daehyun jogged down the stairs and reached his hand up to the electrical panel at the bottom of the stairs to turn on the lights. He walked past the many parked vehicles and towards the back wall where the firearms were hung.

Jongup had also gone down the stairs and towards another room to prepare his medical equipment and gadgets. Himchan looked up at the two who were left. “Junhong, I could use a hand in loading the van. Come with me.” He headed down the stairs and towards their main operating vehicle with the youngest following suit. Yongguk, who was the only left, turned around to face one of the computer screens on the wall behind him. He pressed a finger onto the screen and a camera lens popped out. He cleared his throat and began recording the video message,

“The mission is to gather the information from Research Base #407. No extra troops will be required. We will move out at midnight, and should arrive at the destination within two hours. Approximately, this mission will take a minimum of an hour and a maximum of two. We will send the information to to Main Operations Base as soon as we get a hold of it. Bang Yongguk , leader of B.A.P, out.”


YgPpTtZ.png

 

“I want everyone to double-check to see if their earpieces are working.” Youngjae instructed from the back of the van as the van came to a stop. One by one, the members pressed the button on their individual earpieces for configuration. Yongguk pulled the straps tighter on his gun holster and turned around from the passenger seat to look at the four in the back. “Is your armour on? Masks? Ammo refilled?”

“Check, check and check,” Daehyun reported as he examined the three others sitting beside him. Yongguk turned to Himchan and before he could even open his mouth, Himchan cut him off,

“One step ahead of you, leader.” Yongguk raised an eyebrow at the man before shaking his head in disbelief and settled back into his seat.

“Are we close enough for you to be in range of the control systems?” Himchan questioned. The van was parked in an opening in the forest that surrounded the base. He looked up to the mirror to see Youngjae working away on his laptop. Youngjae looked up to one side of the van, which was lined with three other monitors and ran his eyes over the codes. “Yeah. If we go any closer, we risk the chance of getting interference with our signals because of the general security.”

“Don't shut off the Mindless control systems until I give the order,” Yongguk instructed. He pushed open the side door and went around the back to open it up. Jongup came out first with his cross-body bag over his head. Zelo was fixing the strings on his mask as he stepped out of the van. Daehyun came out last after grabbing his sniper rifle off the rack.

Yongguk led the way out of the cover of the trees and they walked down the road leading to the gate. The four of them stopped in front of the metal gate and he pressed a finger up to his earpiece. “Turn them off now,”

Youngjae's fingers flew across the keyboard and he pressed one final key before the codes on all three screens turned red. He grinned. “They're down. I'd say you have about thirty minutes or so before the Mindless recalibrate and reconfigure their systems themselves.”

Daehyun gave the three a nod of acknowledgement before running to the farthest bunker. Yongguk turned back towards the other two and gestured for them to follow. They arrived at the metal door and they looked up at the height of it.

“Hyung, there's three modules on this lock. One has a blue button with the word 'hold' on it. The other looks like what seems to be a simple four digit lock. The third has five wires. Two of them are yellow, one is red, one yellow, and the last one is blue.” Zelo leaned in closer to inspect the lock in front of him. Yongguk and Jongup stood behind him, their eyes alert and surveying the area.

Youngjae's voice came through their earpieces, “Okay. I want you to read the bottom of the lock and find the serial number. If the last digit is even, cut the blue wire. If it is odd, cut the red wire. Once the right wire has been cut, the button should change colours. Tell me what the colour becomes and I'll give you the rest of the instructions.”

Zelo ducked down and searched for the number. He squinted his eyes. “It's even. I'll cut the blue wire." He took out his pocket knife and sawed the blue wire. He waited. “Okay, the button is now green.”

Youngjae looked at his screen. “I want you to cut the first yellow wire you see. Then, hold onto the button and the number lock should type itself in. Once the four numbers appear, remove your finger off the button.”

The lock made a small beeping noise and the door clicked open to leave an opening for them to slip through. Once they made it inside, they the flashlights that was connected to their earpiece. Youngjae had turned off all the lights in the building to avoid camera detection in case the security systems came back online before they could get out.

The three of them navigated through the halls in complete silence and with a good sense of direction. They had all memorized the floor layout of the building, as printed by Youngjae, and knew where their objective room was. They rounded their last hallway and headed towards the control room at the end.

Zelo, who had been behind the two the whole time, suddenly stopped in his steps. Yongguk sensed the abrupt movement and turned around in confusion. His light flashed across Zelo's face and he raised an eyebrow in question when the boy's left eye turned black. That only happened if his programming detected something out of the ordinary.

The thing about the six of them was that they were all half-Mindless. They were able to regain full control of their bodies and mind during their escape but they still had the enhanced abilities any Mindless Soldier had. Being the defectives, they were the ones with more abilities than the average Soldier. There was one team member who was more Mindless than the rest. Being the youngest, he was the most recent lab-rat and was designed as part of a new batch of Mindless Soldiers. His entire body was different from the other five. The only thing human about the boy was his eye colour which would still shift from time to time, and his internal organs. His exterior was already metal. That was one of the reasons why he never needed to wear armour like the rest of his team.

Jongup and Yongguk watched as Zelo turned around and narrowed his eyes into the dimly-lit darkness. “Something is still online in that room." He whispered. Youngjae frowned as he peered at the video footage of their current position. “What are you talking about?”

Zelo took a step back. “There's a tech-hound out of its cage.” Yongguk and Jongup gripped onto their guns and aimed it down the hall. Zelo turned to them in alarm. “Put those away. The less weapons we have visible, the less of a threat the dog will see us as. You guys go ahead, I'll tame the hound.” Yongguk furrowed his eyebrows, but did as told. “We need your database.”

“I'll give you my memory card instead. Here," Zelo replied as he pulled down the metal panel behind his neck and took out a the small chip. Yongguk took it from his hands and clasped a hand onto his shoulder. “Be careful.”

Zelo listened as the sounds of their footsteps diminished. He jerked his head back to the end of the hallway when he heard a low snarl echo through. There stood a tech-hound. No part of it resembled that of a real dog other than the sounds it was able to produce. It still amazed him how closely those scientists were able to imitate a real dog and recreate a version in metal. However, tech-hounds were twice the size of a normal dog. They were designed specifically as pets for the Mindless Soldiers.

He blinked his eyes a few times when he figured out why there was only one tech-hound online and why it was able to get out of its cage even after the shutdown. It was defective, just like him.

He crouched down and held out an arm as an invitation to the dog. He observed as the dog backed down and closed its mouth. Its tail wagged before it finally let out a whine. He barely had enough time to figure out what had happened because the dog had pounced onto him in a messy heap.

“Yongguk hyung, Zelo just befriended another mechanical.” Youngjae snorted as he watched the interaction between the two robots. Yongguk, who had just plugged the chip into the computer, let out a sigh.

“Junhong, either you get rid of that dog or I will go out there and do it myself. We can't afford having you bring home a new pet every time we go on a mission.”

 

YgPpTtZ.png



Daehyun, who had been perched on the rooftop with his rifle all set up, played around with his glove in boredom as he waited for the three on the front lines to finish. His eyes roamed over the entirety of the compound. His eyes ran across one of the bunkers across from him and he squinted his eyes to get a better look. His eyes widened at what he observed. “I see soldiers piling out of Sector C's bunker. They're back online and their eyes are in search mode.”

Youngjae quickly typed something into the computer. He pursed his lips when the only words that popped up was 'invalid'. He looked at the monitor with the camera for Sector C. “Their new calibration deleted my current codes. I can shut them down again but it will take me about five minutes to create another code for it.”

“We need another ten minutes for the transfer,” Zelo whispered. “Can we keep the soldiers out of the building until the process is complete?” Yongguk nodded. “I'll head out with Jongup. Once you're done, meet us outside,”

Jongup reached into his bag and tossed something to Yongguk in the darkness. The guy smirked. “Oh yeah, if I'm going into my berserk mode, I should probably wear my mouth guard.” Himchan chuckled through the earpiece. “Yeah, so you don't accidentally bite your tongue."

“Sector A and B have also woken up. Sector D will come online any minute now,” Daehyun reported. “I can keep them away but once they group together and form a crowd, I can only do so much.”

“It doesn't matter. We'll figure something out once we get outside,” Yongguk replied as he ran the same way they came in while Jongup followed closely behind him.

They heard the first crack of metal from the other side of the door and knew Daehyun had just shot one of the soldiers down. Yongguk popped the guard into his mouth and squared his shoulders. He tightened the gloves on his hands and walked out. Jongup tightened the bag around his body so that it would do little to hinder him in action, and slipped through the door opening.

Once Yongguk goes berserk, the only way to snap him out of it is the use of a whistle. While in berserk mode, his strength and speed is increased ten-folds. The pain and empathy he feels is near zero, providing him with nothing but brute force to use. Being the pacifist he was, this was the only time he sees red and exhibited angered behaviour.

Jongup stayed back to let the leader unleash his ability. He spotted a few stragglers of Mindless Soldiers off to the other side and ran over to knock them down. For him, he preferred using his fists and feet as opposed to weapons. Unless needed, he won't even draw them out.

“Sector D has come back online. There's going to be more Mindless Soldiers than we can handle.” Daehyun pointed out. Jongup slammed another soldier down before pressing a finger up to his earpiece. “Junhong, are you done? Let's get out of here.”

“I'm on my way out,” Zelo sounded. Jongup turned around when he heard the metal door slam shut and Zelo stepped out. He took out the whistle underneath his shirt and blew into it. At once, Yongguk froze for a few seconds before he snapped back to normal. He winced when he touched his bleeding knuckles because the pain had all rushed back at once. “You couldn't have let me stay berserk until we got back to the van?” Jongup shrugged his shoulders with a chuckle and the three ran back to the van while Daehyun swung around the overhead wires to get back.

The soldiers chasing them had increased in number and they continued firing at their multiple targets. Jongup ducked his head down when he heard a bullet fly near him.

They had just passed by the metal gates they had first come through when they heard a high-pitched scream pierce though their ears. The volume of the noise made their knees buckle and they fell down to the ground. The three of them immediately reached up to take out their earpieces, thinking it was the interference Youngjae was talking about. However, the screams continued. They locked eyes with one another when they realized the noise wasn't coming from the earpiece. They could barely hear one another when Yongguk opened his mouth to speak, “Go back to the van, now!”

Zelo, who had his head hung down and his hands over his ears, was immobilized. He screamed out in pain through his mask and crouched down even lower. Jongup and Yongguk ran over to haul the boy to his feet. The two of them had their eyes rounded in horror when they saw the colour of Zelo's eyes. The entirety of both eyes were now completely black. He closed his eyes, and once he opened them again, the pupils turned red. “, something's really wrong,” Yongguk muttered as he gathered up the remaining strength he had with Jongup to bring the boy back to the van. Daehyun caught up to the three of them and was able to help them carry the boy back.

Himchan, who was still keeping an eye out for them despite his piercing headache, gasped when he saw one of his team members down. He banged his fist against the wall of the van and shouted, “Open the door for them, Youngjae!” Youngjae reached a hand out and pushed open the door. He staggered back in surprise when he saw the sweat running down their pale faces. His mouth hang open at the sight of Zelo. “What is wrong with him?”

“We don't know. I was hoping you could check it out with the machines once we got home,” Yongguk shouted back as he pulled down Zelo's mask so he could breath better. The screaming was draining him of his energy, and he barely had enough strength left to close his passenger door once he was actually able to get in.

“What is that damn noise?” Daehyun growled as he clutched onto his head in pain. It wasn't like it was just a noise because blocking off their hearing did no aid. It was as if this noise was able to inflict pain through the ears and to the head directly. The screams begin to change in pitch and volume and Himchan's face contorted into one of utter loss as he backed out of the forest. “I don't care what it is but I want to be as far away from it as possible. It's coming from within that base.”

The van bounced up and down once they hit the curb. Daehyun looked out the back window as they drove away and he tilted his head in wonder when he noticed that none of the Mindless were chasing after them. They had all collapsed onto the ground in tangled heaps. He barely caught it through the throbbing headache, but he could have sworn he saw a figure walk out of the building and over the bodies that lay on the ground.




author's note 
Thanks for making it 'till the end of the chapter! It may be a bit confusing now, but hopefully I'll introduce each new term and concept better as the chapters come along. 

The idea for this story is to have as many chapters as B.A.P has songs. So, each chapter will be a song title and I'm not so sure how that will work out, but please bear with me! The first scene, if you are having trouble imagining their garage, I tried to describe the setting similar to that of the one in their 'One Shot' MV. Hope that clears things up. 

If you have any questions, feel free to post them into the comments and I'll definitely answer them.

Thank you for the support and love! Please support B.A.P and love their new album lots. 

15/11/15