New Friends

The New Student

*Kisu POV*

So, it’s been a few weeks, almost a month, since I started at this school, and it’s not bad. I made some good friends so far, and I’m starting to like it here. Everything is going pretty good.

 

Well, except for one problem…

 

“Hey Kisu!” I sighed as I heard the familiar voice.

 

Ever since the day I told off that guy, Daeil, he’s been bothering me almost non-stop. After he apologized for thinking I was a girl, we’ve become something like friends now.

 

‘I didn’t even know we had any of the same classes…’ I thought as he took his seat in front of me.

“Hi, Daeil.” I responded politely. He smiled widely.

“Heeeey, Kisu.” He said. I couldn’t help the tiny giggle that brought out of me.

“What’s wrong with you? It’s too early in the morning to be acting this weird.” I told him as I took out my things for this class. 

“What? I’m not being weird. I’m just saying hello!” He said with a grin. I laughed.

“Right.” Was all I said before class started.

 

After going over the material, the teacher gave us an assignment to do on our own. I took my paper and started on it. In the middle of class, Daeil turned around to face me.

 

“Psst. Kisu.” He whispered. I pretended I didn’t hear him, and continued working.

“Psssssst! Kisu! Hey!” He whispered louder, and I looked up at him quickly.

“What Daeil?” I asked.

“Hi.” He said, laughing afterwards.

“Daeil! Kisu! Do I have to send you both to the principle?” The teacher asked. I shook my head and Daeil laughed.

“Send me to the principle and see what hap-“ I stopped him by putting a hand over his mouth.

“No, sir. Sorry.” I spoke. The teacher nodded.

“Just get back to work.” He said. I nodded.

“Yes, sir.” I responded. Once the teacher wasn’t paying attention, I hit Daeil.

“Ow!” He said, holding the area that I just hit.

“Don’t get me in trouble.” I whispered, trying to sound threatening.

“Pft! Are you trying to scare me? That’s cute.” He said with a grin. I hit him again.

“No, I’m not. Just do your work!” I said, forcing him to turn around.

“Whatever you say Kisu.” He said with a smirk.

“Shut up and work.” I said through gritted teeth.

 

After that, he really did turn around and do his work. Well, he didn’t do his work, he just went to sleep, but that’s better than him talking to me and getting us both in trouble. At the end of class, I woke him up.

 

“Daeil. Get up.” I said, shaking him by the shoulder. He mumbled something, then sat up and yawned.

“What?” He asked me.

“Class is over. We have to leave. Come on.” I said, walking to the door with him following me.

“Kisu! Daeil!” I turned when I heard my name.

“Oh! Hey Hui, hey Cory.” I greeted them with a smile.

“Sup guys.” Daeil greeted them the way he normally does.

After being here for so many weeks, and hanging out with these guys, I’ve learned their tendencies, personalities and things like that. I even met they’re other three friends, Jeunguk, Jinhong, and Sungoh. They’re all rather nice to me.

“You guys are always together, aren’t you?” Hui noted randomly. Daeil put an arm around my shoulders.

“Yup! We never leave each other’s side!” He said with a huge grin.

“Correction. HE never leaves MY side.” I said. It’s true. He’s the one that always finds me and follows me around. That got a laugh out of Cory.

“Well, hope you’re getting used to it. This guy probably isn’t going to ever leave you alone.” He said with a smile.

“Yeah, well. He’s kind of growing on me, so…” I said, a little embarrassed.

“Awww! I like you to, Kisu!” Daeil said with a big smile, wrapping me up in a big hug.

“Aw, would you look at that.” I heard a familiar voice.

“Good old Daeil and Kisu moment.” I heard another voice.

“We get these often, don’t we?” I heard. I instantly knew who these people were, and tried to turn to see them.

‘Jeunguk, Sungoh and Jinhong.’ I thought as I saw the three boys.

“Hey guys. What’s up?” Cory greeted the other three.

“Nothing. We just were walking and saw you guys together.” Jeunguk said.

“Yeah. Decided to stop and say what’s up!” Sungoh said with a smile.

“And I see we came upon the famous Daeil and Kisu moment.” Jinhong said with a chuckle.

I would have commented on that statement, but I was currently trying to get out of Daeil’s grasp.

“Daeil…let go!” I said, struggling to get his arms from around me, but he just kept holding on.

“Nope. Not a chance.” He said with a grin. He was obviously having fun.

I continued to struggle to get free. While I was struggling, we kept moving back and closer to the lockers. I kept stumbling because Daeil kept moving forward, and I couldn’t take a step back for every step he took forward.

“Daeil, really…” I said, trying to get free. I felt my foot slip, and felt myself falling back towards the lockers, Daeil coming with me since he was still holding on to me.

 

“Daeil, we’re gonna-Ah!”

 

I said quickly in fear. I waited for the impact, but there was none. I felt a hand grab me by the waist and pull me forward quickly, then a loud bang next to my head.

 

After a second of silence, I opened my eyes that I didn’t know I had closed. I saw Daeil standing right in front of me. His arm was wrapped around my waist, holding me close to him, and his other hand was against the locker, which is where the loud bang came from.

‘He must’ve used his hand to stop us from falling into the lockers…’ I thought. I looked up at him, and he looked down at me.

“Good thing I caught you, huh?” He said with a big smile. My face flushed undoubtedly red without my permission.

“Y-Yeah…thanks.” I said lowly, looking away from him. His arm was still wrapped around my waist, and I should’ve probably told him to move it, but…for some reason, I didn’t.

“And Daeil saves the fair maiden from harm once again!” Jeunguk, and Sungoh said dramatically. Yeah, they say that whenever Daeil “saves” me. I’m really clumsy, and Daeil is always saving me from hurting myself.

“This feels like a scene out of some shojou manga.” Cory commented with a snicker. Their teasing only made my blush worse. I cleared my throat.

“We should go to class before we’re late.” I said, getting out of Daeil’s hold, and walking in the direction my next class period.

“Wait, Kisu! Don’t leave me!” I heard Daeil call. I kept walking, already knowing he’d catch up to me.

And he did, and we walked to class together.

 

*Third person POV*

 

Cory, Hui, Jeunguk, Jinhong, and Sungoh just watched as the two, Daeil and Kisu, left.

“He follows Kisu like lovesick puppy!” Jeunguk said with a laugh, the others agreeing completely and laughing along with him.

“I don’t even think he realizes yet how much he really likes Kisu.” Cory said.

“Neither does Kisu! At least Daeil knows he kinda likes Kisu. He just doesn’t know how much he likes him, but it’s obvious to us. Kisu is as clueless as ever.” Jinhong said.

“Yeah, he is. When he realizes it, I wonder what he’ll do.” Hui said thoughtfully.

“I bet he’ll get all blushy, and stutter and all that around Daeil. He’ll totally turn into a girl about it.” Jeunguk said with a snicker.

“I bet he’ll try to distance himself or something.” Jinhong said.

“Well, I bet he’ll confess.” Sungoh said.

 

All the guys looked at him.

 

“…No he won’t.” They all said.

“He’s way to shy for that.” Cory said, the others nodding in agreement.

“And are we really betting on these two and their relationship? That doesn’t feel right…” Cory said as he looked at the others.

“Yeah we are! I want to see who bet correctly.” Jeunguk said. Cory sighed. Just then, the bell rang.

“Oh! We’re gonna be late!” Sungoh said hurriedly.

“See you at lunch!” They all shouted and ran in the direction of their classes.

 

*Kisu POV*

I currently had my head down on top of my desk. After the incident in the hallway, I haven’t been feeling like myself. My stomach has been all messed up since class started.

‘Maybe I’m just hungry…we’re about to go to lunch any minute now.’ I thought, peeking up at the clock. Scratch minute, more like second because the bell just rung.

I stood up, and walked with Daeil to the cafeteria. We went in and got our lunch, then sat down at our usual table with the others. They all started talking about something, and I just quietly at my lunch. After eating most of it, I stopped and sighed to myself.

“Hey, Kisu.” I turned when I heard Daeil call me.

“You had your head down in class, and you didn’t finish your food. Are you alright?” He asked me, clearly concerned. I felt my heart beat speed up, and I nodded.

“I’m fine. My stomach has been feeling weird since last class.” I told him.

“Do you want to go to the nurse? I can walk you there.” He offered. I shook my head.

“No, I think I’ll be fine.” I said, shaking it off. He gave me a look, then nodded.

“Ok, but if it gets worse, you’re going to the nurse.” He said.

“Awww, Daeil’s worried about his little Kisu!” Jeunguk said.

“Shut up!” Daeil told Jeunguk, who laughed in return. Daeil is always concerned about his friends. I noticed that he may be a really tough, cool guy on the outside, but he’s really caring on the inside.

‘He is really caring…’ I thought with a smile. I unconsciously rested my head on his shoulder, leaning in to him. He put his arm around my waist without missing a beat, as if it were second nature, and I sighed.

 

 

However.

 

 

‘What am I doing?’ I mentally questioned.

 

Alarms started going off in my head, and I pulled away quickly. So quickly, I almost fell out of my seat, but Daeil grabbed my arm just in time to pull me back.

 

“Uh, I-I’m sorry, I didn’t m-mean to, I-I mean, I just put my head on your shoulder on accident…w-well not necessarily on accident, but n-not on purpose, y-you see…..I’m going to the bathroom, excuse me!” I stuttered, and stammered with a red face. I got up quickly, and rushed to the bathroom.

 

Once in the bathroom, I looked in the mirror and saw how red my face was, along with my ears.

 

“Uggghh! That was so embarrassing! Why do I always embarrass myself!?” I said aloud. I took a breath, and splashed some cold water on my face to calm myself down.

‘Now my stomach feels worse…’ I thought with a sigh.

 

 

*Daeil POV*

 

I watched as Kisu hurried off to the bathroom in confusion.

“What’s wrong with him?” I muttered. I heard small laugher, and turned to the guys.

“What’s so funny?” I asked them. I squinted my eyes at them.

“Are you guys messing with Kisu?” I asked them, clearly suspicious.

“No, we’re not messing with your precious Kisu.” Jeunguk said with a snicker.

“Good.” I said, nodding approvingly.

“So, do one of you know what’s up with Kisu?” I asked them again.

“Noooo.” Hui answered. I looked at them all, not buying that answer.

“Maybe nothing’s wrong with him.” Cory suggested. I shook my head.

“…No, something’s wrong.” I said, trusting my instinct on this one.

“What, he doesn’t do that all the time?” Jinhong asked, and I shook my head.

“He should though. That was adorable…” I said, smiling, with a sigh.

“It didn’t look like the first time. You moved your arm to his waist pretty quickly~.” Jeunguk said teasingly, holding in a laugh.

“Shut up! No I didn’t. I wasn’t even thinking about it!” I said in my own defense. Cory laughed.

“That just makes it seem like you guys really do that all the time.” He said.

“How?” I asked him, confused.

“Because that means it’s just second nature. You don’t have to think about it. You just do it.” He said. I blinked.

“Oh.” I said. I suddenly felt a chill, which told me something was…off.

“Did you guys feel that just now?” I asked them, looking around.

“Feel what?” Jinhong asked. I paused for a few seconds, then shook my head.

“Nothing, I just…got a bad feeling about something…” I said. Just then the bell rang and I stood up.

“Where are you going?” Sungoh asked me.

“To check on Kisu and make sure he’s alright. We have the next class together, so.” I said. They nodded, noticing how serious I had gotten. They all stood up, probably about to head to their next classes.

“Alright. Let us know if something happened.” Cory said seriously, giving me a look. I already knew what he was thinking. Kisu is a guy, but he still looks extremely feminine. Someone could try and beat him up or something.

‘Not while I’m here.’ I thought, making my way to the bathroom. I pushed the door open abruptly, and right there in front of my eyes, was Kisu. And he was up against the wall, looking down in what I’m sure was fear.

 

Seeing this made me mad.

 

“Hey! What the hell are you doing!?” I shouted, walking up to the guy.

“Get away from him!” I yelled, pushing him roughly out of the way. Once the guy wasn’t blocking his way, Kisu ran behind me.

“Don’t come near him again, or else.” I said threateningly. The guy turned to look me in the eye, and sort of recognized him. He’s that guy that goes around messing with people. He always picks on people weaker than him, but that should be expected of a bully.

“Why not? He wasn’t pushing me away.” The guy said with a smirk. I squinted my eyes at him in anger.

“Because he’s mine. And he didn’t push you away because he was scared you dumb .” I said.

He came up to me and pushed me by the shoulder. I glared at him and rather than push him back, I punched him in the face. That caught him off guard and had him stumbling back. I had the feeling this was about to turn into a fight, but I didn’t care.

‘I’ll kick his right here if he wants me to.’ I thought. At that second, someone grabbed me by the arm and I turned around and saw it was Kisu. He was looking at me, and shaking his head.

“No, Daeil. Let’s just go.” He said, his tone pleading as he pulled my arm, trying to guide me out of the bathroom quickly. I turned back to the guy.

“Don’t ing put your hands on him again. Next time, I won’t let you off so easily.” I said seriously, glaring at him one more time before I was pulled out of the bathroom by Kisu and to the empty hallway.

I stared at Kisu as we walked. He was staring at the floor, glancing up a few times to watch where he was going. I was starting to get extremely worried. He hadn’t spoken yet.

“Kisu? Are you alright? What did he do to you?” I asked him. He frowned, and looked up at me with tears in his eyes.

“I’m fine….” He mumbled. I stopped him from walking any further by getting in front of him.

“Kisu. What did he do?” I asked again, trying to get him to look me in the eyes. Suddenly he started crying.

“H-He…he touched me…he t-tried to…” He began, but stopped and tried to wipe his tears away.

“It’s just like last time….at my old school….it’s always the same thing, and every time I freeze and I can’t protect myself. I’m so useless!” He said, staring at his feet. I pulled him into a hug as soon as he said that.

“No, Kisu. You’re not useless.” I said in a soothing tone, trying to calm him down.

“You don’t need to worry about protecting yourself here. You have me, Jeunguk, Cory, Hui, Sungoh, and Jinhong. We’re your new friends.” I told him. He hugged me back, burying his face into my chest.

“….New friends…” He mumbled, and I nodded.

“Yeah. We won’t let anything happen to you. Especially me.” I said. I pulled away to look him in the eyes.

“So don’t worry anymore, ok?” I said. He looked as if he wanted to say something, but nodded instead.

“…Alright.” He said. I smiled and nodded.

“Good. I don’t really care since I rarely go, but we should probably get to class.” I said. He took out his phone to check the time, and almost flipped when he saw what time it was.

“We’re late! Come on!” He said suddenly, grabbing my arm and rushing to our next class.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

Sorry for taking so long to update. Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! ^^