New School

The New Student

 

Chapter Two- New School

 

*RIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNGG-*

My alarm went off. I stopped it, and sat up in bed.

“Kisu! Time to get up!” My mom called from the other side of my door.

“I’m up.” I responded. I sighed and got out of bed. I went to the bathroom and got ready for the day. When I was done, I went down stairs where my mom was.

“Aww! Look at you! Are you excited?” She asked. I shrugged.

“Oh, cheer up! Today’s going to be a great day!” She said. I sighed and nodded.

“I just made breakfast. Go and eat. You have to be at school soon.” She said, checking the time on her watch, then heading upstairs to get ready herself.

I went and ate my breakfast slowly, trying to stall for time. I really didn’t want to go. However, that didn’t stop my mom from getting me out of the house and into the car. Even if she had to almost drag me out. When we got to the school, which wasn’t that far at all, I sighed loudly.

“It won’t be as bad as you think.” She said. I sighed again, but nodded.

“I know you’re scared, but you can do it.” She said encouragingly. I nodded again.

“Yeah…You’re right.” I agreed.

“Call me if anything happens alright?” She said as I got out of the car. I nodded, and she smiled.

I turned around, and went in to the school. On my way in, there were a lot of people staring at me. I instantly became self-conscious, and nervous. I didn’t look up as I made my way to my first class. I already knew where my classes were and most of the school. Yesterday, my mom took me to the school for a tour, and to get my schedule.

When I got to my class, my teacher stopped me, telling me he wanted me to introduce myself to the class. He was an older teacher. Once everyone was in the class, which only took about another 30 seconds or so, he got the classes attention.

“Class. We have a new student starting today.” He said.

“Go on and introduce yourself.” He said to me with a smile. I nodded, and turned to the class.

“Um, my name is Choi Ki Su. You can just call me Kisu…” I said nervously. When I finished talking, there were whispers heard in the class.

“Alright.” The teacher said to stop the whispers.

“Now. Kisu, you can sit…in the fourth row, fourth seat.” He said. A student raised their hand after he said that.

“That seat’s taken sir.” She said. He looked confused, then checked his seating chart.

“Oh yes. I completely forgot since he’s never here…”The teacher said.

“Sorry Kisu. Fourth row, fifth seat.” He said. I nodded and took my seat.

‘I hope today goes well.’ I thought. I looked up and saw people staring at me and whispering. I’m pretty sure that’s going to go on all day.

‘Yeah…a good day.’ I thought with a sigh.

 

*Daeil POV*

“Daeil!” I heard a teacher calling from behind me. I was currently running down the hall, chasing one of my friends. Of course, the teacher went ignored.

“Get back here!” I shouted at my friend. Why was I chasing him? I can’t remember….but, as long as I’m not in my classes, I don’t really care to much about what I’m doing. Just then, a teacher stood in our way, which made my friend stop dead in his tracks as if he wasn’t even running. I, however, had been going too fast and couldn’t stop in time. So I ended up running into my friends back, causing him to stumble forward.

“Daeil. Jeunguk. Why are you two running? And why aren’t you both in class?” He asked us. I fixed my blonde hair before answering him.

“Well, you see. We were running an errand for a teacher, and we thought we had to actually run, so we were running and-“ The teacher stopped me.

“Really Daeil? The teacher told you to run an errand and you both actually RAN.” He repeated me, and I nodded.

“That’s what I said, yeah.” I responded to him. He looked at both of us.

“Jeunguk, you know you’re not allowed to wear hats in school. And, Daeil...you are the ONLY one at this school with blonde hair. Why don’t you stop dying it? And stop wearing it in that style.” The teacher said. I frowned.

“It’s good that I’m the only one with blonde hair. That means I’m original. And as for style, I like having the part down the middle. Makes me look cooler.” I said with a grin.

“What grade are you two in?” He asked.

“I’m a senior, but Jeunguk is a junior.” I said with a laugh.

“Shut up! You know the only reason I’m still a junior is because I failed that class last year!” Jeunguk defended himself.

“Anyway, we gotta go. Finish running those errands.” I said before the teacher could ask us anymore questions and keep us here longer.

“You two go to class when you’re finished. Don’t let me catch you out in the hallways again!” He said as he walked away. Once he was gone, I sighed.

“Borinnnnng.” I said aloud. Jeunguk laughed.

“Nice lie.” He said. He was talking about us running an errand. We weren’t really running an errand. No teacher would trust me to run an errand for them if they had any sense.

“Yeah it was.” I said.

“Anyway, what time is it?” I asked aloud, pulling out my phone and checking the time.

“Isn’t it about lunch time?” Jeunguk asked me and I nodded. We had been skipping class all morning.

“Well, might as well walk to the cafeteria.” I said, walking in the direction of the lunch room with Jeunguk.

“Hey, have you heard about that new student?” He asked me. I looked over at him and saw he was on his phone reading a text.

“Nah. What of it? Is it something I should know?” I asked him. He nodded.

“Yeah. Apparently she’s like, really pretty. Like, REALLY pretty.” He said, putting emphasis on the word really the second time.

“The new students a girl?” I asked.

“According to what I’m being told, yeah.” He said. I grinned.

“Looks like I’ve got a new one to catch.” I said as we walked into the lunch room. Yeah, I tend to date a lot of girls. Not at once though.

“Yeah, well you better hurry. Looks like she’s got a trail of guys following her already.” Jeunguk said, pointing to his left. I looked and saw about four or five guys surrounding one person as they walked to their seat with their lunch. Once one of the dudes moved, I could see the new student from behind as they walked.

“Hmm. Nice, small frame. Long legs. She’s not too bad from the back.” I said with a smirk. I my lips and fixed my hair.

“Stop. You look like a creep.” Jeunguk said. I pushed him.

“Shut up. Now. Time to go and get myself a new girlfriend.” I said, walking to the table the new girl was sitting at.

 

*Kisu POV*

So far, my first day at this school.…hasn’t been as bad as I thought it would be. I mean, yeah, the whispers and stares continued, along with a few guys following me, but other than that, I think it’s going pretty well. I even made a friend! We met last class period and we hit it off really well. Mainly because he was so nice.

“Come on Kisu. It’s lunch time.” I heard. I got out of my seat.

“Coming!” I said, following him out of the classroom. We have the same lunch too, so we were going to go together.

“Hey, Cory!” A person I didn’t know called. Cory, my friend that I’m walking with, turned around.

“Yeah? What’s up, Hui?” He asked the blonde boy.

“Have you seen Daeil? He has my pen, and I HAVE to get it back.” He said. Cory shook his head.

“No, I haven’t seen him all day...he has your pen though?” Cory asked, and Hui nodded.

“Yeah. It’s my lucky pen. I let him borrow it to pass his test, but I found out he didn’t even go to the class.” Hui said.

“Really? He’s skipping classes again today huh? As usual…” Cory said with a sigh.

“Well, if I see him, I’ll get your pen for you.” Cory told Hui. Hui nodded, then looked over at me.

“Hey, who’s that?” He asked Cory. Cory turned to me.

“This is Kisu. He’s new to this school. Today’s his first day.” He explained. Hui looked shocked.

“This is the new kid everyone’s talking about?” He asked.

‘Everyone’s talking about….?’ I mentally questioned. I guess gossip spreads pretty fast in this school. It’s only lunch and people are talking about me.

“And did you say “HE”? As in a GUY?” Hui asked. I sighed and Cory nodded.

“Yeah. He’s a boy. What? Do people really think he’s a girl?” Cory asked, and Hui nodded.

“Yeah! That’s what everyone is saying…” Hui said. He turned to me and bowed slightly.

“Sorry for thinking you were a girl.” He said. I waved it off.

“No, no. It’s not your fault. You were just going off what you heard.” I told him with a friendly smile.

“Wow….you’re really pretty. For a boy.” Hui noted. Cory forced a laugh.

“Ha, yeah well. We have to get to lunch, so.” Cory said and Hui nodded.

“Right. I have to go see a teacher, so I won’t be at lunch today. I’ll see you guys later!” He said before running down the hall. We resumed our walk to the cafeteria.

“Sorry about Hui. He can be a little blunt sometimes.” Cory apologized for Hui. I shook my head.

“No, it’s fine. He seems nice, and I don’t think he really meant it.” I said. I told Cory about how I’ve been called pretty, and been confused with being a girl.

“Yeah, he didn’t. He’s a really nice guy.” Cory said, and I nodded.

When we got to the cafeteria, someone called out to Cory again. They came and told him something, then he turned to me and told me he really had to go see a teacher about a project with the person that came to talk to him, and that he’d be right back.

“You still go ahead and eat lunch and all that. I’ll be back in no time.” He told me. I nodded, and went into the lunch room as he went in a different direction.

When I got inside, I went to get my lunch. As I waited in the line, some guys came and talked to me. They even followed me to where I decided to sit. I just ate my lunch and made small talk, trying to be polite, but I really didn’t want to talk because they were making me nervous.

Then a blonde tall guy, who looked very familiar, came over and sat in front of me. He smiled, then spoke.

“Hey, my names Daeil. So, you’re the new student?” He asked, and I nodded.

“What’s your name?” He asked.

“…Kisu.” I said lowly, but loud enough for him to hear. He grinned.

“That’s a nice name.” He said.

“Thanks.” I responded with a small smile. He nodded, then he just stared at me. I blinked, then looked behind me to see if he was staring at something or someone else, but there wasn’t anything behind me. I turned back around and faced him.

“What?” I asked him. He squinted his eyes.

“I feel like I’ve seen you somewhere….” He said. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. How could he have seen me? This is my first day here.

“Oh yeah! You’re that girl I ran into at the store yesterday!” He said, his eyes wide in what I’m guessing was realization.

One thing he said stood out to me though.

“I’m not a girl.” I said seriously. He looked at me as if I was joking.

“What? Are you serious?” He asked me. I stood up, getting angry. What, does he think I don’t know I’m a boy?

“Yes, I’d like to think I am. I wouldn’t lie about my gender, you idiot.” I said before turning around, and walking out of the cafeteria, leaving a lot of confused and surprised guys.

‘Oh well. Their fault for assuming I was a girl.’ I thought as I walked down the hallway. I wasn’t watching where I was going and ran into someone.

“Uh, Sorry- Oh. It’s you, Cory.” I said as I saw who it was.

“Yeah. Where are you going?” He asked me.

“I’m going to class early. Excuse me.” I said, walking around him.

“Well, ok then. I’ll see you.” He said, sounding confused.

 

*Daeil POV*

“Hahahahahaha!” Jeunguk was currently laughing at me. I just told him what happened when I went to talk to the new gir-boy. He’s a boy. Not a girl.

“It’s not funny!” I said, pushing him roughly, but that didn’t stop him.

“What’s going on?” I looked up when I heard Cory. He just sat down in front of me, looking at Jeunguk and me in confusion.

“Daeil tried to hit on the new kid ‘cause he thought they were a girl, but he got a real surprise.” Jeunguk said, trying to hold in his laugh.

“Oh. So you met Kisu.” Cory said. I looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

“So you know her-I mean him?” I asked, correcting myself. He nodded.

“Yeah. We share some classes. He didn’t have any friends, since he’s new here, so I decided to talk to him. He’s a nice guy.” He said.

“Hui’s already met him too. And speaking of Hui, I told him I’d get his pen from you.” He said. I nodded and took the pen out of my pocket then put it in his hand.

“Anyway. About Kisu. How many classes do you both share?” I asked him. He gave me a look, then smirked.

“Why? Interested after being told off?” He asked me. I groaned.

“Yeees. You know I get excited when I can’t have what I want!” I said truthfully.

“The fact that he’s a guy doesn’t bother you?” Jeunguk asked.

“Obviously not.” Cory answered.

“Is that a problem?” I asked aloud, my tone sounding slightly threatening. My change of tone doesn’t scare them though. All of my friends know I wouldn’t harm them.

“Dude, you know I don’t care who you like. Boy, girl, doesn’t matter to me.” Jeunguk said with a shrug as he flipped through his phone, and Cory nodded in agreement.

“Hey, you know. You share more classes with him then I do. Like, almost all of them.” Cory said suddenly. I looked at him.

“What? I didn’t see him in any of my classes.” I said, confused.

“Yeah, maybe because you never actually GO to class.” Cory said with a laugh.

“Oh yeah. Guess I’m gonna be going to class more often then.” I said with a grin.