two

Those days with you

“Hi Jiyun. Remember me?”

I mentally curse at myself- of course he’d be sitting at the same table as me. Maybe I shouldn’t have even attended this reunion dinner in the first place.

He’s smiling at me, waiting for me to answer. Beside me, Gayun gives me a gentle nudge. I want to say something, but I can’t. I’m speechless.

I take a deep breath, “Hi Baekhyun. Of course I remember you.”

How could I ever forget?

                                 


                               

I am a nervous wreck throughout dinner. I spill my glass of water all over the table, I elbow Jongin accidently on multiple occasions, I even struggle to chew my own food. Everything seems so unappetizing. I’m bloated even though I haven’t eaten for the entire day. I can feel Baekhyuns eyes on me from across the table, and it takes everything in me not to look up and meet his gaze.

“You okay?” Jongin asks me, furrowing his eyebrows when he realizes how little I’ve eaten.

 I nod and smile, “Yeah, I just have to go to the washroom.” I excuse myself, and stand up to leave. As soon as I do, I notice Baekhyun doing the exact same thing. My heartbeat starts to race. This can’t be good. This definitely can’t be good.

I walk to the washroom quickly, and I can hear Baekhyuns footsteps behind me. I don’t even know why I’m so scared. It’s not like Baekhyun’s going to hurt me or anything. It’s just that… just that…

I relax once I’ve entered the washroom. Some part of me had kind of expected Baekhyun to grab me from behind to confront me.  I look into the mirror and take deep breaths before splashing my face with water to cool me down. Nothing’s going to happen, I tell myself. Everything between Baekhyun and me is in the past.

I straighten my dress, then exit the washroom only to find Baekhyun leaning against the wall waiting for me.

“Wanna take a walk?”

I gulp. “Do I even have a choice?”

 

 

 

 

okay actually i guess all my chapters are gonna be pretty short bc i lmaoo