bonus ii | deleted scene

the last train home (merry christmas)

a/n: for BaekYeol486 and anyone else who was wondering? (i'm sorry, raven/raken/kenvi centric)

 

//deleted scene: don't panic//

Jaehwan might cry when he sees Wonshik waiting for him in the airport reception area. He sniffled when he told his soulmate that he would be spending Christmas at a lonely airport hotel because all flights, arriving and departing, were canceled for the foreseeable future due inclement weather.

This morning, he had called very early to tell Wonshik when his flight would be landing in Seoul.  It didn’t worry him when his love failed to pick up the phone; Wonshik is a night owl and mornings are particularly hard for him.  Normally Jaehwan is the one that drags him out of bed to make sure the start of his day includes breakfast and brushing his teeth.

It takes all of Jaehwan’s will power to walk, not run, to the baggage carousels. Waiting for his tired little suitcase to make its way to him at the carousel almost drives him insane, but all he has to do is remember that Wonshik will kiss away the stressful memories.  Calmness has never been a quality that Jaehwan had in excess.  Wonshik is the cool and collected one.  (Wonshik truly complements Jaehwan very well.)

Suitcase in hand, Jaehwan walks with confidence toward the reception area where the loved ones of travelers wait with little paper signs.  Jaehwan smiles at the thought of Wonshik in a little chauffeur hat with an overly fancy sign with Lee Jaehwan written on it.

Jaehwan slows when he sees the crowd of excited families and soulmates.  He scans the crowd looking for Wonshik or Hakyeon.  If Wonshik couldn’t make it, then Hakyeon would step up.  They aren’t there.

Jaehwan thinks that he has made a mistake and missed them in his first run through.  After the fourth time of searching and failing to find his soulmate and supposed best friend, it becomes perfectly clear that they aren’t there.  Did Wonshik throw his phone into a fire or something?

The first angry thought gets erased when Jaehwan’s mind goes to a dark place.  What if something happened to them?  The most important people in his life might be out there hurt somewhere, and here he is being angry.

Jaehwan speeds out of the airport, hailing a cab immediately.  The worry outweighs the bitter taste in his mouth that will come when he pays for this ride home.  He formulates a plan to go to Wonshik’s work place and then Hakyeon’s.  He chomps away at his thumbnail, letting a nervous habit take over.  He mindlessly pays with his credit card, unable to focus on anything until he knows that Wonshik isn’t lying dead in an alley somewhere.

He practically flies to his apartment, almost tearing the door off its hinges in his haste.

The image of the apartment is not the one he was expecting.  No one is dead on the floor, and everything is in its proper place.

Wonshik and Hakyeon are sitting at the dining room table, eating pancakes and sipping coffee with three other people.  In fact, Jaehwan’s sudden entrance seems to be the most surprising and disturbing thing to have happened today.

Relief floods his chest because the people important to him are safe and fine.  Wonshik gets up with a stunned smile.  The second before Wonshik embraces him, Jaehwan’s hand flies up against his soulmate’s chest.

“You’re alive.”  He murmurs happily, and suddenly, Jaehwan finds himself very angry.  Before Wonshik can even ask what’s gotten into him, Jaehwan launches into an impromptu rant, “Both of you are perfectly fine, and here I was worrying that you were dead in a ditch somewhere. You and Hakyeon didn’t pick up your phones and didn’t pick me up at the airport.  You’re having brunch?  Brunch!

Jaehwan looks at the table again.  The three strange faces are giving him a confused look.  Jaehwan stares at the man sitting next to Hakyeon. 

Leo.

Leo is having brunch with his soulmate and best friend.  “Why is Leo at the table?”

“He’s my soulmate.” Hakyeon supplies happily.

“I can’t feel my knees.” Jaehwan mutters.  The anger at Wonshik takes a backseat to the excitement of having his idol in his home.  Plus, Hakyeon has his soulmate.  His happiness, however, only goes so far because he’s meeting someone that has been a poster on his wall for so long that he didn’t seem real.

“I think I’m going to fall. I am going to need someone to catch me.” Jaehwan declares.  Wonshik moves to help him, but Jaehwan strong-arms him.  “Anyone but Wonshik, at whom I am mad.”

The red haired gentleman from the table gets up and stabilizes Jaehwan, much to the distaste of Wonshik.

Jaehwan takes deep breaths to keep himself from having a panic attack.  Leo (or should Jaehwan call him Taekwoon) looks somewhere between alarmed and worried.  Jaehwan laughs through hurried breaths.  “Congratulations, Hakyeon.  Leo, I love you.”

Taekwoon’s expression quickly morphs into one of panic and fear.  Hakyeon giggles as he thanks Jaehwan.  He doesn't seem bothered that Jaehwan has declared his love for Hakyeon's soulmate.

Jaehwan reaches out to touch Taekwoon, to make sure that he’s really there.  Wonshik, however, stops his hand before he can touch his idol.  Wonshik fumes, “He’s real, Jaehwan.”

“Just let me touch him.” Jaehwan whines.  The comment prompts an eek from Taekwoon, a snort from Hakyeon, and Wonshik drags Jaehwan to another room.

Jaehwan huffs when they stop in the hallway, concealing them from the brunch in the dining room.  Wonshik whisper-yells, “You’re scaring him.”

It takes Jaehwan a few moments to realize how inappropriate his comment was.  As much as he idolizes Leo, he needs to remember that he’s just a human with flesh, blood, and feelings.  He does also know that Wonshik is only so bothered because he’s jealous.  His lovely soulmate once asked for him to take down his poster of Leo.

Jaehwan softens; his anger about being stranded at the airport and having worried unnecessarily melts away.  He remembers that the party that he had been unable to attend had a surprise. “He was the surprise, wasn’t he?”

“Yes.” Wonshik pouts.

Jaehwan throws his arms around Wonshik’s neck; “You know I love you the most in the entire world, right?”

Wonshik wraps his arms around Jaehwan’s waist, “Yes.  I love you, too.”

“I missed you.” Jaehwan whispers.

“I missed you more.” Wonshik replies.

“Impossible.”

“I would argue with you on that point, but I’ll let you have it this time.” Wonshik murmurs.  “If we rejoin brunch, you can’t touch Taekwoon or drool over him.”

“Not even once?”

 

 

a/n: i... i don't know. (i'm sorry).
comment / upvote / subscribe
i'm super sorry that i keep adding to this.