Afternoon Coffee

To Love And Be Loved

“So.” Baekhyun said stiffly. He was sitting at the corner table of his favorite cafe with Kris. It was against his better judgement but he couldn't help himself. He liked Kris and even though he was still hurt he couldn't refuse Kris’s request to have coffee and talk. More than angry he was ashamed of himself. He had led Kris on, he had been a tease whether he knew it or not. Kris was a nice genuine guy and he had been the one in the wrong. Chanyeol had said that Kris was wrong, that he was pressuring him. Baekhyun didn't know. This was his first relationship. Is it a relationship? He thought to himself. He was sure he loved Kris. Maybe it is? What is love? Baekhyun wasn't sure how to answer that. Love is when you feel happy and tingly around someone and when you feel butterflies right? He knew love he loved his parents he loved his dog he loved strawberry ice cream but it's different, those types of love are different. Baekhyun never had much interest in love aside from the occasional crush here or there. It didn't make sense to date especially when it didn't last. He has seen Chanyeol in many many relationships and they all ended with him upset. Why bother when you just get hurt? Baekhyun was happy watching his shows and going to school. His dramas were the closest he had ever got to love. They always had a happy ending, the right people ended up together no matter what. He hoped that maybe the real world was like that too but he knew better. He didn't want to hurt. He never wanted to be in the pain he had seen Chanyeol in. He never wanted to be apart of a nasty divorce. It was safer to stay away from it, to focus on other things. Try as he may he still feels lonely. He lies awake and wishes that there was someone next to him, someone who would hold him and make him feel the love he hopes exist. Someone to kiss away the nightmares, someone to wake up to. He cried sometimes because of the loneliness but he knew it was probably for the best, still he hoped maybe his prince would come and show him that love is worth it.

 

“I’m sorry about what happened.” Kris said. He looked down into his coffee. “I never should have said what I did. It was wrong and that's not who I am.” Kris said looking up at Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun bit his lip. It was all so confusing. He liked Kris, maybe even loved him. It was confusing because what he had seen, how Kris had acted it hurt him But he is apologizing And its my fault. I did it, I should be the one apologizing. He knew he cared and it seemed like Kris cared about him too so maybe? Maybe he was the one being stupid, he was judging and not trusting.

 

“It’s okay.” He said quietly, staring into his cappuccino. It wasn't really okay but it was his own fault. Baekhyun figured that he himself is too sensitive and that's why he felt such apprehension. He would work through it.

 

“It was my fault anyway...I never should have, well, you know.” Baekhyun said looking up sheepishly at Kris. It was embarrassing but he had to take responsibility. “I’ve never been in a relationship and well I’ve never, you know…” Baekhyun couldn't meet his eyes. It was embarrassing somehow to admit that he was a .

 

When Baekhyun looked up he saw that Kris’s eyes were wide and he looked surprised. Baekhyun blushed harder and looked out the window, wishing that the ground would swallow him whole.

 

“I had no idea Baekhyun. I never would have guessed, you’re so beautiful and I thought you had gone out with Park Chanyeol before.” Kris said taking a sip of his coffee. Baekhyun let out a laugh. “Me with Chanyeol?” He laughed again at the thought. It was totally ridiculous. Chanyeol was as straight as an arrow and beside he was his best friend and totally not his type. “He’s my best friend in the whole world but I don't want to kiss him! And I definitely never slept with him!” Baekhyun said easily, the mood seemed to have lifted considerably. Chanyeol was a great friend who was always there for him when he needed it, even if he ditched him for dates he knew his friend still cared. Truthfully he never gave any thought of being with Chanyeol. He was straight as hell anyway and his best friend, the whole idea of him being with Chanyeol seemed laughable.

 

“Well, i’m glad he’s not your ex.” Kris said smiling at Baekhyun, causing him to blush. “Y-yeah no he's just Chanyeol.” Kris smiled and Baekhyun smiled back. “So.” Kris said, leaning closer to Baekhyun, causing him to temporarily forget how to breathe. “How about we put this mess behind us.” He said silkily as he reached out and held Baekhyun's hand. Baekhyun looked up at Kris and he felt his heart beat rapidly, and the butterflies were back. “I would like that.” He said shyly. “I really liked you, a lot.” Baekhyun said quietly, staring at their intertwined hands. “Well.” Kris said, leaning in. “I really like you too.” He closed the distance and placed a soft kiss on Baekhyun's lips.

 

……….                     ……………………              ……………………….                      ………….. .........................................


Status Update 4:03pm: @Tbagger, I got myself a flower, a pure white flower. Who’s ahead now?

 

............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

WOW! over two hundred subscribers! Welcome new subscribers! I hope you all are enjoying yourselves. Thank you for your comments I love and appreciate every comment and upvote. Love and hugs to all you bb's! I'll update super super soon!

Link to my Kpop Tumblr