Valentine's day

Valentine's day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Life is full of surprises. Good ones. Bad ones. All sorts of things happen without giving us any hint of the impending fortune or misfortune. One little thing can change your entire life. And that day, something unexpected happened in my life too.
I woke up at the sound of my phone ringing. Still sleepy, I reached out for my phone.
"Hello?"
"Morning, Yoo. What are you wearing today?" A cheerful voice chirped from the other end.
That was my friend, Sooyoung.
But why is she calling me this early?
I glanced at the clock on my wall. 5:00AM
"Hey, Soo. What? What'd you say?"
I honestly did not hear her.
"I said, what're you wearing today?" She repeats.
What?
"Huh? Why?" I ask in confusion.
"Yoo! Don't tell me you forgot. Today is Valentine's day!"
She practically screams that over the phone.
Oh well, I don't blame her. I'm sure she's excited. She has a boyfriend, goddammit!
Unfortunately, I don't. Yes. You're right. Im Yoona. Second year of graduation doesn't have a boyfriend. There. I said it.
No, no. Wait. Don't get any weird thoughts cloud your mind. I've got all the qualities in me to be a good girlfriend. It's just that I haven't met the perfect guy yet. And at age 21, you really begin to think that stuff is nothing but fantasy. I'll be honest. I used to early wait for Valentine's day until last year. And then, even the nerd girl in my class got a confession last year! Oh c'mon. It was ridiculous! Of course, they aren't together anymore. But still, I just cannot digest the fact that she received a confession. I'm a pretty good student too. Not exactly at the top, but more than mediocre.
If you go by looks, she could be Cinderella's sister when I'm Cinderella! I'm not boasting here, but people tell me that I'm beautiful all the time. And just so you know, I feel the same. Why?  Because it's true!
My friends think it's my fault that I'm still single. They say I have a lot of expectations from a guy. That's not true! I mean, its not completely false either. I just have a few key points I expect from him.
Back to the present, after encountering disappointment for all these years, I've finally realized the truth. February 14 is just another day for me. I don't give a damn about Valentine's day anymore. "I'm not interested, Soo. Bye."
I hang up before I start hoping for something again.
I randomly pick something from the wardrobe after a while and get dressed.
Sooyoung catches up to me on my way inside the college building. She was wearing a red gown with some white roses close to the waistline.
"Hey, nice dress!" I tell her.
"Isn't it? Kyung-ho bought it for me," she answers with a huge smile on her face. Jung Kyung-ho is her boyfriend.
"Oh, that's great." I answer.
"Hey, Yoona."
"Morning, Yoo."
That's Tiffany and Nichkhun. My friends. They're a couple as well.
I don't envy my friends. Not having a boyfriend is just my luck. But I'm happy for my friends.
"Let's go to class" I walk towards our classroom.
I hear them whispering amongst themselves but I ignore them and keep walk

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter